Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,890 members, 7,802,864 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 12:00 AM

Nigerian Commercial Adverts Of 80's And 90's - TV/Movies (16) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Nigerian Commercial Adverts Of 80's And 90's (119771 Views)

Do Yo Remember The NTA Ladies Of The 80's And 90's? / Some Funny, And Really Nice Nigerian 80's Shows / Soap Operas Of Late 80's And Early 90's (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) ... (21) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Commercial Adverts Of 80's And 90's by Kentnickole(m): 3:07am On Aug 12, 2014
baruchlady:

yea.....that germangame show abi? where they play games and competitions on water and whenever they wanna start a new game the refree says "eyes, nose ,mouth"(thats what my childish ears heard sha) and then a whistle goes off grin

now to the Nigeria99 lyrics.........lemme dish out d english n hausa own (i remember cramming it in school then)

This is a land so rich in culture
This is a land hosting all nations
This is a land so rich.......where milk and honey flows

this is land with rain and sunshine
this is a land where football reigns
This is a land so rich.......where milk and honey flows

though our tribes maybe different
but in football, we are oneeee
we are joined together in peace and unity
we are bound strong together
we are one

chorus(english)
welcome to africa
welcome to nigeria '99
welcome to the land where milk and honey flows

igbo........

yoruba...........

hausa.......
barka ku dazuwa ku samumai abinchi
ka samai abu garigajiya
muna muku barka dazuwa kuhuta lafia

.............abeg pardon my hausa typos oh, i write am as e dey my head wink
Yea... You are there... How old are u? Pm me ur age.
Re: Nigerian Commercial Adverts Of 80's And 90's by xynerise: 3:14am On Aug 12, 2014
SerPounce:

Bia, which year them born you? You carry all of them for head.
grin

I just love singing this COWBELL song.
*Clears throat*

One milk dey for town wey people dem fiti get
And everybody dey enjoy am o make una tell me
Wetin e be oooo... na COWBELL
Na e be our milk ooooo....COWBELL our milk.
E geti plenty vitamins wey good for body o
And better calcium e full am to make your pikin body strong kakaraka....Na COWBELL
Na e be our milk o....COWBELL..OUR MILK

Oya, put am for tea COWBELL
Put am for coffee COWBELL
Put am for Akamu e go dissolve one time...COWBELLLLLL
COWBELL dey for powder
E no need fridge at all o
COWBELLI OOOO

COWBELL OUR MILK grin.

Gosh!! I can't believe I still remember this grin

8 Likes

Re: Nigerian Commercial Adverts Of 80's And 90's by virago(f): 3:59am On Aug 12, 2014
Check out the 3300 , 12 cubit feet , 2 door fridge freeze , a fridge freezer never look so good.

We call them the Thermocool collection , you call them beautiful.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Commercial Adverts Of 80's And 90's by Nobody: 4:44am On Aug 12, 2014
festacdude: My favorite all day. Thermocool advert:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QxVaJNdvgJI

Thanks....been a long time!

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Commercial Adverts Of 80's And 90's by Geeman74(m): 4:56am On Aug 12, 2014
See the difference.I had not seen any abuse in this thread even errors are corrected maturedly. You children of today learn from this thread and maybe we can bring back this good old times when men were boys.

5 Likes

Re: Nigerian Commercial Adverts Of 80's And 90's by Geeman74(m): 5:02am On Aug 12, 2014
assana: Chei no bori rememhber old limca ad cry
la lili limca or there about
Re: Nigerian Commercial Adverts Of 80's And 90's by lizliz: 5:41am On Aug 12, 2014
Sweet good old days grin grin

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Commercial Adverts Of 80's And 90's by KriTic24A: 5:51am On Aug 12, 2014
Certainly with nostalgia.....

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Commercial Adverts Of 80's And 90's by UjSizzle(f): 6:02am On Aug 12, 2014
xynerise:
Mr. Spencer cool
Rentaghost
Nigger you sleep so? grin

If your mansion house needs haunting just call Rentaghost We've got spooks and ghouls and freaks and fools at Rentaghost
Hear the Phantom of the Opera sing a haunting melody
Remember what you see is not a mystery but Rentaghost
At your party be a smarty and hire Rentaghost
If you want a fright climb the spooky heights with Rentaghost
You can let our spirits move you, and for fun play ghostman's knock Because we aim to shock, we hope you knees will knock, that's Rentaghost
Let me say the most terrific simple ghosts, not scientific
May be supernatural ghoulies of the day
Heavy footsteps in your attic means a spectre telepathic
Is descending just to spirit you away, Ya-a-a-ay! We are extraordinary fellahs here at Rentaghost
To be another Uri Geller come to RRRRentaghost

I only made sense of the lyrics when I was older grin

5 Likes

Re: Nigerian Commercial Adverts Of 80's And 90's by iamord(m): 6:13am On Aug 12, 2014
Kentnickole:
Plus...
The Rich Also Cry
The Young & The Restless

Young and restless. I remember!! Extra boring soap
Re: Nigerian Commercial Adverts Of 80's And 90's by iamord(m): 6:15am On Aug 12, 2014
Geeman74: See the difference.I had not seen any abuse in this thread even errors are corrected maturedly. You children of today learn from this thread and maybe we can bring back this good old times when men were boys.
Re: Nigerian Commercial Adverts Of 80's And 90's by Awoofawo(m): 6:20am On Aug 12, 2014
kano state! Am proud, am proud to be Nigerian

Kaduna state! Am proud, am proud to be Nigerian
..................... Lagos state! Am proud, am proud to be Nigerian!

And the wonderful video click that.... Anyone still remember that?
Re: Nigerian Commercial Adverts Of 80's And 90's by xynerise: 6:36am On Aug 12, 2014
UjSizzle:

If your mansion house needs haunting just call Rentaghost We've got spooks and ghouls and freaks and fools at Rentaghost
You can let our spirits move you, and for fun play ghostman's knock Because we aim to shock, we hope you knees will knock, that's Rentaghost
Is descending just to spirit you away, Ya-a-a-ay! We are extraordinary fellahs here at Rentaghost

I just dream about these adverts come wake up grin.

You really try for that Rentaghost lyrics o. Who dares change the channel on our Sanyo Black and White TV when that Rentaghost is on? grin

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Commercial Adverts Of 80's And 90's by baruchlady(f): 6:43am On Aug 12, 2014
@ Kentnickole
grin grin grin
Re: Nigerian Commercial Adverts Of 80's And 90's by Nobody: 6:49am On Aug 12, 2014
UjSizzle:

The famous NTA comedy show. You just made me recall it
Re: Nigerian Commercial Adverts Of 80's And 90's by jnrbayano(m): 6:54am On Aug 12, 2014
Geeman74: See the difference.I had not seen any abuse in this thread even errors are corrected maturedly. You children of today learn from this thread and maybe we can bring back this good old times when men were boys.

What an observation!

Wow!

Wish these kids would just learn.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Commercial Adverts Of 80's And 90's by prophetone(m): 7:20am On Aug 12, 2014
Omg see how this thread has grown. Kudos to the elders of NL...it's not an ad but who remembers Super Ted on Saturday mornings?

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Commercial Adverts Of 80's And 90's by prophetone(m): 7:25am On Aug 12, 2014
Who else was part of the Combantrin Kids Club and tried to win that bicycle...

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Commercial Adverts Of 80's And 90's by anago90: 7:47am On Aug 12, 2014
memories!!!! who remember Sunday rendezvous!!! where they advertise limca and gold spot. bless the 80's and 90's. eri ke ke la agbo baba suwe!!! nta channel 7...

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Commercial Adverts Of 80's And 90's by anago90: 7:49am On Aug 12, 2014
prophetone: Omg see how this thread has grown. Kudos to the elders of NL...it's not an ad but who remembers Super Ted on Saturday mornings?

super ted!!!!! nta 2 channel 5 your reach out station panranran.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Commercial Adverts Of 80's And 90's by anago90: 7:52am On Aug 12, 2014
Kentnickole:
Yea... You are there... How old are u? Pm me ur age.
Yoruba lyrics
e ka abo so ri ile olora x2
e ma gbadun ara yin adun ni yio gbeyin oooo..

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Commercial Adverts Of 80's And 90's by prophetone(m): 7:56am On Aug 12, 2014
xynerise:
Yea. They always speak in tongues cheesy

Programmes like No one but you, Secrets of the sand, Wild Rose, Kintakute et al were the then Telemundo grin
You made me remember Highlander and Quantum something.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Commercial Adverts Of 80's And 90's by LordReed(m): 7:58am On Aug 12, 2014
UjSizzle: Bagco super sack, water proof, leak proof, super strong!!! grin

So strong some people use it to make dwellings.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Commercial Adverts Of 80's And 90's by anago90: 7:58am On Aug 12, 2014
who remember the Sunday English premiership show on nta... rothmas pall ham supporter of football in Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Commercial Adverts Of 80's And 90's by jnrbayano(m): 8:07am On Aug 12, 2014
anago90: who remember the Sunday English premiership show on nta... rothmas pall ham supporter of football in Nigeria.

Rothmans of Pall Mall.

Beautiful memory

smiley
Re: Nigerian Commercial Adverts Of 80's And 90's by anago90: 8:08am On Aug 12, 2014
jnrbayano:

Rothmans of Pall Mall.

Beautiful memory

smiley

yeah brother.
Re: Nigerian Commercial Adverts Of 80's And 90's by prophetone(m): 8:10am On Aug 12, 2014
Forget coke and fanta...I miss Kobi and Gold Spot, not to mention FAN yoghurt & Ice cream, Okin biscuits, Nescao, Super Dip and Robot bubble gum. Chai.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Commercial Adverts Of 80's And 90's by jnrbayano(m): 8:12am On Aug 12, 2014
prophetone: Omg see how this thread has grown. Kudos to the elders of NL...it's not an ad but who remembers Super Ted on Saturday mornings?

*Intro*

This is a story of an ordinary teddy bear

When he was made, they found something wrong with him

And threw him away like a piece of rubbish into an old dark store

Then, in outerpace, a spotty man, brought him to life with his cosmic gas

Then he took him to the magic cloud, where mother nature gave him special powers (like it is on the picture)

And the ted became, SUPERTED

5 Likes

Re: Nigerian Commercial Adverts Of 80's And 90's by Injera(f): 8:21am On Aug 12, 2014
Na wa for all una o!!
Not even 1 person remember sunlight soap with the most soft,velvety voice ever!
Who can help with the lyrics?

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Commercial Adverts Of 80's And 90's by jnrbayano(m): 8:25am On Aug 12, 2014
I almost smoked because of three beautiful foriegn cigarete adverts

1. St Moritz advert with tune from Lighthouse family's "Ocean Drive" super track.

2. Rothmans Kingsize with tune from same Lighthouse family hittrack "High"

3. London Kingsize with a baritone voice shouting at random "WELCOME TO LONDON"

cheesy

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Commercial Adverts Of 80's And 90's by Awoofawo(m): 8:47am On Aug 12, 2014
anago90:
Yoruba lyrics
e ka abo so ri ile olora x2
e ma gbadun ara yin adun ni yio gbeyin oooo..

Omode yi fe gba aduro
Iya e lopa layo......

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Commercial Adverts Of 80's And 90's by anago90: 8:48am On Aug 12, 2014
Awoofawo:

Omode yi fe gba aduro
Iya e lopa layo......

owo yin ko ye mi ooo.

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) ... (21) (Reply)

Meet The Bbnaija 2021 Female Housemates (Shine Ya Eye) / THE WALKING DEAD - Fan Page / Post Your links to Movies, Trailers & Series here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.