Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,812 members, 7,802,615 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 05:20 PM

Nigerian Commercial Adverts Of 80's And 90's - TV/Movies (18) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Nigerian Commercial Adverts Of 80's And 90's (119765 Views)

Do Yo Remember The NTA Ladies Of The 80's And 90's? / Some Funny, And Really Nice Nigerian 80's Shows / Soap Operas Of Late 80's And Early 90's (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Commercial Adverts Of 80's And 90's by Kentnickole(m): 11:20am On Aug 12, 2014
Guys do u remember this popula radio song... Not old skool though (2007/2008)
Singing... Every day for naija...as day de break evn b4 c.o.c.k crow mmm.... Many pipu don wake up o to begin work eaaah for nigeria....
Drivers..dem dey
Farmers....we dey
market pipul nko...we day
Teachers....we dey
Some dey work for office...odas na factory...sports pipul nko oh....their own na for stadium....everybody get im owni...naija pipu no dey lazy o... Dem nor tire... Dem nor gv up.... Come rain.... Come shine... We country pipul dey work hard to make nigeria better eey.... Come rain eee oooo.... Country pipul na dem go make country bettet... Wellu wellu wellu wellu.... Naijiri-yia.... Good pipolu great nation.

*And a thick voice says....* NIGERIA, GOOD PEOPLE, GREAT NATION.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Commercial Adverts Of 80's And 90's by oba2flex(m): 11:20am On Aug 12, 2014
jnrbayano: Who remembers an advert by First Bank of Nigeria PLC to mark 100years of existence during USA 1994 world cup?

Singing:

*Man pass man, banki pass banki ooo, First Bank na you be number 1.....the bank wey start bank business for Nigeria....*

cheesy
Yeaa...still remember dis very well. *First Bank,bank pass bank o..First bank, na u be number 1. The bank wey dey 4 every corner 4 Nigeria ooo...e don reach 100 yrs old. First bank o,una do well o...first bank,una dooo.D bank wey helep trader,helep farmer o,first bank o una dooo.The bank wey dey for 100 yrs ,e never tire oh oh, first bank o,una doo...* OMG!!! I cud abandon anytin just to listen to dis song (advert) then during d USA'94 world cup.
Re: Nigerian Commercial Adverts Of 80's And 90's by Nobody: 11:21am On Aug 12, 2014
prophetone: Who else was part of the Combantrin Kids Club and tried to win that bicycle...

Tell me quick ,and tell me true

The effective worm expeller

Combantrin gets all the dose(?)

Single dose of combantrin

Effective for all the family

(With a piano playing in the background

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Commercial Adverts Of 80's And 90's by Nobody: 11:22am On Aug 12, 2014
prophetone:
You made me remember Highlander and Quantum something.

Quantum leap(recently shown on Fox channel 125 DSTV)

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Commercial Adverts Of 80's And 90's by Nobody: 11:24am On Aug 12, 2014
jnrbayano: I almost smoked because of three beautiful foriegn cigarete adverts

1. St Moritz advert with tune from Lighthouse family's "Ocean Drive" super track.

2. Rothmans Kingsize with tune from same Lighthouse family hittrack "High"

3. London Kingsize with a baritone voice shouting at random "WELCOME TO LONDON"

cheesy

Am a strong non-smoker....but thanks to those first two ads....I got introduced to the Lighthouse Family!

Always love ''Ocean Drive''!

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Commercial Adverts Of 80's And 90's by robosky02(m): 11:31am On Aug 12, 2014
chai those days were sweeeet ohhhhhhhhhh
in fact when i look at chidren this days i feel they should go back to see what we enjoyed

in those days in primary school we eat

adigboloja...
kulikuli..........
agidi.......

colourd drinks e be like na him them de call zobo now
in the morning we will carry slate on our head to sukulu

when we join line we will be singing
the day is bright
its bright and fair
oh happy day
the day of joy
and the big kids at the bay will all echo
mama jolof rice.........
lol

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Commercial Adverts Of 80's And 90's by Kentnickole(m): 11:32am On Aug 12, 2014
Remember this Bank PHB advert?
Singing...
Is my life ...is my gain!
*then a thick voice says*
ONE DAY CARS WILL DRIVE THEMSELVES AT BANK PHB.
Lolssss... Not old skool though (2006)
Re: Nigerian Commercial Adverts Of 80's And 90's by XKZ(m): 11:41am On Aug 12, 2014
AVOP Vegetable Oil

AVOP Na beta cooking oil o
AVOP e dey make life sweet you
For cook chop Na helele
All kain fry-fry
Take am fry dodo o
AVOP Na waya o

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Commercial Adverts Of 80's And 90's by jnrbayano(m): 11:47am On Aug 12, 2014
XKZ: AVOP Vegetable Oil

AVOP Na beta cooking oil o
AVOP e dey make life sweet you
For cook chop Na helele
All kain fry-fry
Take am fry dodo o
AVOP Na waya o

....wetin you dey wait

Carry one bottle go home today oya oo

You go licki mouth licki finger scratch bottom plate

AVOP Na beta cooking oil oo

AVOP e dey make chop sweet ooo

cheesy

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Commercial Adverts Of 80's And 90's by XKZ(m): 11:49am On Aug 12, 2014
There was an advert for this Carnival in PH back in the 80's. Was a mixture of pidgin and Igbo/Ikwerre.
I guess you have to have lived in Rivers State or environs during that period to know it.

Them a go tey tey tey tey
Them a go tey gidi mkpa
Them a mpa aka n'obi
E be like say say say say
Owigiri no get e bone o
Them a no get e bone
Owigiri ten, ten Naira
Because them a no get e bone o

I used to think back then it was sung by Boma Erekosima, but I'm no longer sure.

There was also this comedy show he used to host back then. A section involved him being a prophet.
When he's coming on stage with his acolyte, he'll be singing "Kpam kpa ji ji, kpa ji ji"

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Commercial Adverts Of 80's And 90's by XKZ(m): 11:51am On Aug 12, 2014
jnrbayano:

....wetin you dey wait

Carry one bottle go home today oya oo

You go licki mouth licki finger scratch bottom plate

AVOP Na beta cooking oil oo

AVOP e dey make chop sweet ooo

cheesy

Yes o! L☺L
Re: Nigerian Commercial Adverts Of 80's And 90's by anago90: 1:03pm On Aug 12, 2014
DjHypno: Oya una don forget the choco milo advert where the kids were in a party and choco milo was served in a tray and they were picking it and singing choco choco choco choco milo... Lolzzzzz

Laide de ooo, Tiwa ni, perfume jelly, oge ara... Owo re, naira meta ati adota kobo. Lmfao

laide de ooo tiwa tiwa perfume jelly oge ara.... you are damn old school memories mehn... gat tears in my eyes I remember that advert and using that product die.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Commercial Adverts Of 80's And 90's by Nobody: 1:25pm On Aug 12, 2014
The New Masquerade theme song brings tears of nostalgia to my eyes everytime cry

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q2-QpwZiqR8

"Eddie Kwansa bio, bio
Eddie Kwansa bio, bio

Ajunwa-Peugeot cycle OF aBA
Bok Solo ltd
Chika bros of West Africa-General import
H.S.K Osuji- Traditonal prime minister of Owerri
John Anyaehi- Anyaehie Toyota Crown
R. Amanze Njoku (former minister)
F.U Anyanwu (Akajiaku of Mbaise)
Emma Nkworji (Mike merchandise electronic dealer)
Ajaero Contractors (Who hails from owerri)
B. Mazi ( G. B bros)
G.C.K Osunji
Justice Philip Daddy Onyeama.
Chuks Okoli- Dayl Distillers
Olumba Nwa Onyewuchi

These are some Pre war business and polical heavyweights in Igboland"

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Commercial Adverts Of 80's And 90's by Nobody: 2:03pm On Aug 12, 2014
pls I need dat Nigeria '99 world cup theme song! I've searched and searched no result.
Pls if u got it abeg post a link!!!! I really loved dat song.

It went like :
"welcome to Africa
welcome to Nigeria '99, welcome to the land dat flows with milk blah blah blah"
It was also sang in Hausa, Igbo and Yoruba.
Re: Nigerian Commercial Adverts Of 80's And 90's by Nobody: 2:18pm On Aug 12, 2014
jennyfire007: Nite shift on DBN....chai after niteshift...d next day na sleep alround...they aired titanic and faced probleem...hehehehehhe I enjoyed d titanic bt I guess DBN didn't
OMG! DBN was the best private TV station for movies then. I also enjoyed their WWE broadcasts on Saturday afternoon, airing as part of their Saturday sports show from 12pm-6pm.
I recall watching a movie about 3 teenage witches (can't remember d name)
Re: Nigerian Commercial Adverts Of 80's And 90's by Nobody: 2:23pm On Aug 12, 2014
booqee: pls I need dat Nigeria '99 world cup theme song! I've searched and searched no result.
Pls if u got it abeg post a link!!!! I really loved dat song.

It went like :
"welcome to Africa
welcome to Nigeria '99, welcome to the land dat flows with milk blah blah blah"
It was also sang in Hausa, Igbo and Yoruba.
I could only find this one

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=26tBCQZ3Cxc
Re: Nigerian Commercial Adverts Of 80's And 90's by doctimi(m): 2:41pm On Aug 12, 2014
Mouka foam....the number one foam....
Foam way dem make for body well we'll..
Foam way dem make for Nigeria for everybody...
Mouka foam name quality foam polo

Mouka foam....mouka foam na elele.....
Name several size e dey....golden mattress e dey...legend mattress.....e dey....abeg....if e no be mouka foam e no be mouka foam buy mouka foam....mouka foam na gbelele
Re: Nigerian Commercial Adverts Of 80's And 90's by Cupidarrow: 2:42pm On Aug 12, 2014
Mynd44:
Mr Biggs is ten, come share with us, lots of fun and exictment.
Mr Biggs is 10 come share with us, lots of fun n excitement. We unite families, share joyous times, snacks to take home. Meetings n conferences. Mr Biggs is 10 come share with us lots of fun n excitement. I tink dat was d lyrics

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Commercial Adverts Of 80's And 90's by daveP(m): 7:42pm On Aug 12, 2014
Adufetohposh: it was st.Moritz advert dear wink
oh mine! So far..... St Moritz!! U be my granma already. (shakes head) i no go gree grin grin grin
Re: Nigerian Commercial Adverts Of 80's And 90's by daveP(m): 7:44pm On Aug 12, 2014
sebali:

i use to sing along....JACK PEAK, JACK PEAK.

because of my error i believed d name was Jack peak.
u wont beliv i was very old b4 i realize dere was neva a JACK PEAK bt jus PEAK
u neva walk alone, same here, but i was corrected severally, but 'jack' don sweet for mouth. So......
grin grin grin grin
Re: Nigerian Commercial Adverts Of 80's And 90's by daveP(m): 7:50pm On Aug 12, 2014
foonshur: It was st. Moritz advert. I could remember very well the advert was so cool I wanted to smoke! Hahahaha!
ur head correct, adverts were sooooo persuasive then! mehn i picked a cig from staircase, i chop am dat day.

Me no light am o abeg grin grin
Re: Nigerian Commercial Adverts Of 80's And 90's by KingTom(m): 7:50pm On Aug 12, 2014
Joromi jomi joro grin

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Commercial Adverts Of 80's And 90's by KingTom(m): 7:55pm On Aug 12, 2014
See as una don take style confess say una old. grin grin
Re: Nigerian Commercial Adverts Of 80's And 90's by seunny4lif(m): 8:36pm On Aug 12, 2014
[quote author=otipoju]

That was the welcome song for Nigeria 99 junior world cup.

Welcome to Nigeria 99, welcome to Nigeria 99, welcome to the land where milk flo o o ws.

[/quote ] Dat yoruba version na by Sir shina peter
Re: Nigerian Commercial Adverts Of 80's And 90's by seunny4lif(m): 8:40pm On Aug 12, 2014
otipoju:

That was the welcome song for Nigeria 99 junior world cup.

Welcome to Nigeria 99, welcome to Nigeria 99, welcome to the land where milk flo o o ws.

Yoruba version by Sir shina peters
Re: Nigerian Commercial Adverts Of 80's And 90's by seunny4lif(m): 8:55pm On Aug 12, 2014
dont8: For the sake of Y2K Children, I bring to you - Three Orange-men advert: cheesy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9-arPeDEQYk

God bless u...I feel like crying
Re: Nigerian Commercial Adverts Of 80's And 90's by seunny4lif(m): 9:07pm On Aug 12, 2014
prophetone: Forget coke and fanta...I miss Kobi and Gold Spot, not to mention FAN yoghurt & Ice cream, Okin biscuits, Nescao, Super Dip and Robot bubble gum. Chai.
Gogo chocolate,Chairs chocolate sweet,Agilomoto,Standard big note for ondo state and Ekiti people..Milo chocolate cube shape(I remember one of friend thn,him mama send am make he go buy maggi come,my friend go buy milo chocolate cube come and him mama no know,she jst put am like dat after like 20mins soup no get taste,later she come look ground see the paper..She just shout yepa,ah omo fe pa mi)
Re: Nigerian Commercial Adverts Of 80's And 90's by excelabbey(m): 9:47pm On Aug 12, 2014
emzor paracetamol will make u well again........

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Commercial Adverts Of 80's And 90's by ebonylomo1(f): 9:53pm On Aug 12, 2014
Wow, thoroughly enjoying this thread.
You guys have 4goten Rentaghost, Michael Knight(the guy with the tech car),another life( christian TV show),grass to grace(on cadbury sat morning show), madam d madam. . . Is a matter of cash(cant remember the name of the show), 2nd chance with madam kofo and the rest of them. Some drinks like kronenbourg larger and double crown larger.
Good old days indeed.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Commercial Adverts Of 80's And 90's by jnrbayano(m): 11:20pm On Aug 12, 2014
ebonylomo1: Wow, thoroughly enjoying this thread.
You guys have 4goten Rentaghost, Michael Knight(the guy with the tech car),another life( christian TV show),grass to grace(on cadbury sat morning show), madam d madam. . . Is a matter of cash(cant remember the name of the show), 2nd chance with madam kofo and the rest of them. Some drinks like kronenbourg larger and double crown larger.
Good old days indeed.

Virtually all have been mentioned before now

*Madam the madam, is a matter of cash* I think is "Bassey and Company"

smiley

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Commercial Adverts Of 80's And 90's by daveP(m): 1:45am On Aug 13, 2014
Kentnickole: Guys do u remember this popula radio song... Not old skool though (2007/2008)
Singing... Every day for naija...as day de break evn b4 c.o.c.k crow mmm.... Many pipu don wake up iye to begin work e-a for nigeria....
Drivers..dem dey
Teachers....we dey
market pipul nko...we day
Builders....we dey
Some dey work for office...odas na factory...sports pipul nko oh....their own na for stadium...some pipul own na to sing.everybody get im owni...naija pipu no dey lazy o... Dem nor tire... Dem nor gv up.... Come rain.... Come shine... We country pipul dey work hard to make nigeria better eey.... Come rain eee oooo.... Country pipul na dem go make country bettet... Wellu wellu wellu wellu.... Naijiri-yia.... Good pipolu great nation.

*And a thick voice says....* NIGERIA, GOOD PEOPLE, GREAT NATION.
lmao, added missing part
Re: Nigerian Commercial Adverts Of 80's And 90's by olajide8(m): 4:34am On Aug 13, 2014
This isn't an advert thou - but do you guys remember moonlighting - bruce willis and silver shepherd, I was always some how managing to watch that every friday night at 10pm on NTA 2 channel 5, I felt they matched each other perfectly*- back to the adverts, and this one WAI advert - where the guy would shout say no to nepotism - no to "can't remember the rest now"

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (Reply)

Meet The Bbnaija 2021 Female Housemates (Shine Ya Eye) / THE WALKING DEAD - Fan Page / Post Your links to Movies, Trailers & Series here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.