Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,684 members, 7,801,967 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 07:10 AM

Nigerian Commercial Adverts Of 80's And 90's - TV/Movies (20) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Nigerian Commercial Adverts Of 80's And 90's (119754 Views)

Do Yo Remember The NTA Ladies Of The 80's And 90's? / Some Funny, And Really Nice Nigerian 80's Shows / Soap Operas Of Late 80's And Early 90's (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Commercial Adverts Of 80's And 90's by jnrbayano(m): 10:46am On Feb 23, 2015
nnamdiosu:

that stands for excellence in all things......thats ecobank tra LA LA. wowwww. those good old days. no boko haram then. no APC and PDP wahala......just me, my cartoons and my myself. * tears*

You can say that again bro. cheesy
Re: Nigerian Commercial Adverts Of 80's And 90's by oluwafemi2015: 5:59am On Oct 13, 2015
Guys can you help me with this september 2015 cowbell-choco or is it peak-choco? Advert song?,the song is old school though,i caught the chorus at the end of the advert on yawe's(make una wake up) show on wazobia fm 95.1 lagos....chorus goes like:oh oh oh oh oh oh oh oh oh
Re: Nigerian Commercial Adverts Of 80's And 90's by maxti: 10:12am On Oct 24, 2015
Ahmeduana:

THAT'S FANTA GINGER ALE, BUT AM NOT SURE OF THE FIRST ONE I THINK THAT ONE SHOULD BE DR PEPPER OR BRAHAMA'

No
The first is Tandi. Dr. Pepper is another Great drink.
Re: Nigerian Commercial Adverts Of 80's And 90's by Nobody: 9:39am On Oct 25, 2015
Hmmmm.good old days.how many of us knew that tge first building shown on every CHECKMATE episode was UNILAG SENATE BUILDING .
Re: Nigerian Commercial Adverts Of 80's And 90's by Nobody: 9:44am On Oct 25, 2015
Janyves:
i was born in the late 80's..... but i had my share of those good old NTA days........
1---wait till 4pm
BEST PROGRAMS----[/b]RENTAGHOST.... SUPERTED.... TERRA HAWKS... BIRD MAN.... ROBIN HOOD... JUMBO..... SQUARE ONE.... SPEAK OUT..... FRAGGLE ROCK.... DANGER MOUSE... OVID VIDEO...... VOLTRON..... G-FORCE...... DR. WHO....... INVISIBLE MAN....... CHECKMATE..... TALES BY MOON LIGHT.... STORY LAND( Jimmy Solanke).......BEHIND THE CLOUD... VILLAGE HEAD MASTER..... NEW MASQUERADE...SUPER FORCE..... NITE RIDER..... ROBO COP......NAM ANGELS......WWF.....NEWS LINE( Frank OLIZE)
[b]BEST ADVERTS---
PLANTA, NASCO CORN FLAKES,COCA COLA, PEPSI, BLUE BAND MARGARINE, SEAMAN SCHNAPPS,PEARS,DHL, CHOCO MILO, CAP PLC., GULDER, GUINNESS(the power), 33 EXPORT, MALTONIC, RACER DAEWOO, 7UP( FIDO DIDO), JOY SOAP
BEST STATIONS--- NTA5, NTA10(phone number--615156) NTA 7 Tejuosho (known for its yoruba movies) NTA12, CLAPPER BOARD( dats where i watched CONAN THE BARBARIAN) they love playing Patra's workerman, then later DBN.
BEST RADIO STATION----OGBC2,

WOW...... If i could reverse time.... i would go back to 1990 undecided
how time flies.charles anavodo of DBN.
Re: Nigerian Commercial Adverts Of 80's And 90's by Nobody: 9:48am On Oct 25, 2015
CFCfan:

I could only find this one

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=26tBCQZ3Cxc
it is nigeria 99 u are welcome. .shina peters and co.we are really losing values ooo
Re: Nigerian Commercial Adverts Of 80's And 90's by Nobody: 9:51am On Oct 25, 2015
jennyfire007:
nta 2 channel 5..ur reach oiut station..don't settle 4 less...just remembered anoda nta theme like that..very intresting
AIT STARTED WITH PALACE(koforola baker). BY MR TUNJI.........sanje the nigerian india dude in palace is now the sport guy in stv now. Charles in dbn then is now with supersport .hmmmmmmmmm
Re: Nigerian Commercial Adverts Of 80's And 90's by Nobody: 9:54am On Oct 25, 2015
co2:
Wow watching TV was fun the with nice soaps n adverts remember staying up late to watch " The lady of the Rose" on Sundays and "Whiled Rose" on week days also " The Secret Of the Sand" about Ruth and Rachel it was nice back then.
DALUA (d guy tht witnessed d death of his father).HMMMM .
Re: Nigerian Commercial Adverts Of 80's And 90's by breakingbad(m): 8:29am On Jan 17, 2016
I was in the pears baby lotion advert shot in a court. I remembered being there but didn't know what I was doing there.

Please where can I get this advert to watch? I need it badly
Re: Nigerian Commercial Adverts Of 80's And 90's by gbemmy100: 12:06pm On Feb 06, 2016
dont8:
If you're a fan of NTA Channel 7 in 90's, you'll remember S.T soap advert:

Call: Ose S.T mare oo
Response: eee
Call: Okan dara fun we lasan
Call: Okan dara faso fifo
Call: Elo S.T ke ridi oro wa
All: Gbogbo kokoro ara ojobo, gbogbo idoti yen o le raiye, eela ishaka ewa bi gba lo, on foso mo kii jaso o sa, ole koko kii jewo o jare.
Response: eee grin

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Commercial Adverts Of 80's And 90's by gbemmy100: 12:08pm On Feb 06, 2016
[quote author=gbemmy100 post=42671781][/quote] S.T Antiseptic Soap refreshes and protects the skin. Its guarantees absence of body odor. It treats prickly heat. It removes dandruff scurf and other parasites from the head. It removes unsightly pimples and spots from the face. The company is located in Ijebu Imushin area in Ogun state. Call 08052195055 to become one of our distributors.
Re: Nigerian Commercial Adverts Of 80's And 90's by dunamis15: 1:37am On Jun 12, 2016
Does anyone know where I can get the National Oil TV advert that went "Thank you National...". I was in that commercial and will love to share it with my 12 year old daughter...I believe it was shot in 1987 or 1988. Thanks.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Commercial Adverts Of 80's And 90's by XKZ(m): 10:40pm On Jun 19, 2016
Cusson's Imperial Lather, a lit luxury every day...
Re: Nigerian Commercial Adverts Of 80's And 90's by techie(m): 8:57pm On Aug 31, 2016
meforyou1:
Someone pls help me out with a certain coca cola advert played during a certain world cup. Can't remember d wordings. Something like 'the sun will ever something, the moon will ever something'. Ends with 'it's always coca cola'

Whenever there's pool
there is always fun
When there the sun...
Re: Nigerian Commercial Adverts Of 80's And 90's by unyted(m): 6:00pm On Dec 11, 2016
Whenever there is pool there is always a flirt
Whenever there is school there'll always be homework
Whenever there is a beat there is always a drum
Whenever there is fun there is always Coca-Cola

The stars will always shine, the bird will always sing
As long as there is thirst there is always the real thing
Coca-Cola classic always the one
Whenever there is fun, there is always Coca-Cola

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Commercial Adverts Of 80's And 90's by Adeyeancah(m): 3:29pm On Dec 21, 2016
banki:
I am the future of the world I am the hope of my nation I am tommorows people I am the new inspiration.... weve got the song to sing for you weve got the message to bring to you you and for me for you and for me and tomorrow .......I think that was pepsi
Coca cola
Re: Nigerian Commercial Adverts Of 80's And 90's by gbemmy100: 8:02am On Jun 30, 2017
dont8:
If you're a fan of NTA Channel 7 in 90's, you'll remember S.T soap advert:

Call: Okan dara fun we lasan
Call: Okan dara faso fifo
Call: Elo S.T ke ridi oro wa
All: Gbogbo kokoro ara ojobo, gbogbo idoti yen o le raiye, eela ishaka ewa bi gba lo, on foso mo kii jaso o sa, ole koko kii jewo o jare.
Response: eee grin

Re: Nigerian Commercial Adverts Of 80's And 90's by jemmabond(f): 8:23pm On Jul 29, 2017
meforyou1:
Someone pls help me out with a certain coca cola advert played during a certain world cup. Can't remember d wordings. Something like 'the sun will ever something, the moon will ever something'. Ends with 'it's always coca cola'

You mean this one?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tcXQimc6Fiw

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Commercial Adverts Of 80's And 90's by jemmabond(f): 8:30pm On Jul 29, 2017
XKZ:
There was an advert for this Carnival in PH back in the 80's. Was a mixture of pidgin and Igbo/Ikwerre.
I guess you have to have lived in Rivers State or environs during that period to know it.

Them a go tey tey tey tey
Them a go tey gidi mkpa
Them a mpa aka n'obi
E be like say say say say
Owigiri no get e bone o
Them a no get e bone
Owigiri ten, ten Naira
Because them a no get e bone o

I used to think back then it was sung by Boma Erekosima, but I'm no longer sure.

There was also this comedy show he used to host back then. A section involved him being a prophet.
When he's coming on stage with his acolyte, he'll be singing "Kpam kpa ji ji, kpa ji ji"

I remember that jingle very well. The singer was a comedian called Frank Fine, not the late Boma Erekosuma.
Re: Nigerian Commercial Adverts Of 80's And 90's by jemmabond(f): 8:59pm On Jul 29, 2017
Chai gud old days... Fanta chapman, planta butter, nutric C, Nescafe... Etc

I remember Fanta Chapman - it was rubbish!
Re: Nigerian Commercial Adverts Of 80's And 90's by meforyou1(m): 9:11pm On Jul 29, 2017
jemmabond:

You mean this one?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tcXQimc6Fiw
thanks a Milla. U are God-sent.
Pls without being Oliver Twist, I'm also looking for one early advert when they came to naija. About a little boy crawling and then took first steps and walked. One wonderful advert. If I get that, I wount ask for another
Re: Nigerian Commercial Adverts Of 80's And 90's by XKZ(m): 7:43am On Jul 30, 2017
jemmabond:

I remember that jingle very well. The singer was a comedian called Frank Fine, not the late Boma Erekosuma.

Righty smiley
Thanks for the info
Re: Nigerian Commercial Adverts Of 80's And 90's by edkai: 8:36am On Jul 30, 2017
Good morning nairalanders. Pardon me for derailing...I want to solicit your support for one of my protégés. Her name is Ayeni Olohije and she is contesting for a scholarship position at The Royal Arts Academy to study as a movie director courtesy Emem Isong. Please she needs your vote. Help her take a step closer to reaching her dreams. As her teacher, I can boldly vouch for her. She won't disappoint if given this opportunity.
Thank you in advance for your support and may God favour you in your time of need.
Here's her link. Just follow and click vote. You may also drop a comment below her profile if you are led to.
http://www.thesparkng.com/rookie-contest/?contest=photo-detail&photo_id=54772
Re: Nigerian Commercial Adverts Of 80's And 90's by jemmabond(f): 10:44am On Aug 02, 2017
meforyou1:
thanks a Milla. U are God-sent.
Pls without being Oliver Twist, I'm also looking for one early advert when they came to naija. About a little boy crawling and then took first steps and walked. One wonderful advert. If I get that, I wount ask for another

I'm afraid those ones do not ring a bell, sorry!

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Commercial Adverts Of 80's And 90's by meforyou1(m): 11:24am On Aug 02, 2017
jemmabond:

I'm afraid those ones do not ring a bell, sorry!
sorry. Was asking of an MTN advert.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Commercial Adverts Of 80's And 90's by FiTuReign: 3:37pm On Sep 02, 2018
Who's here in 2018?�

I've spent the last nearly two hours of my relaxing Sunday afternoon reading all 20 pages of this thread and reliving those glorious days of the 80s and 90s. There's tears in my eyes, nostalgia in my heart, and I just felt like I need to register on nairaland (been an unregistered "user" for years) and add a few ads of my own that I haven't seen posted so that when someone else comes here in the future, they'll see these too.

Yes, I feel like this is meme I want to be a part of so here goes...

Vitamalt... The drink of all drink/time/something

Union Bank... Big, strong, reliable

Minta Fresh... Lovely family with the smallest one looking so much like my kid sis

Star... I don't remember if this one even had lyrics to the tune but there were the bottles of chilled star having a party in the refrigerator, dancing to an upbeat tune! Same kid sis loved this one so much she would wake from sleep if it came on and she's do this curious diaper dance � Hahahaha!!! My baby sister now has kids of her own! Chai!

Venus de Milo... Behind the woman

Zest... Very upbeat song that ends with "As fresh as the sea... yeah!"

Nasco Wafer... King of biscuits (em, something like that �--and that long throat teacher shaaaaaa! ��)

Michelin Tyre... Built for Nigerian roads

Diane Petroleum Jelly... E good for body, for mama and pikin o..

Esteem ... Louis, Louis Daniel! One minute!

And the one I can't remember that ends with, "Hajiya, I want second round o! "

���

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Commercial Adverts Of 80's And 90's by Luchiana1(f): 4:33pm On Oct 08, 2018
Re: Nigerian Commercial Adverts Of 80's And 90's by mrrandomguy: 8:41am On Apr 25, 2019
FiTuReign:
Who's here in 2018?�

And the one I can't remember that ends with, "Hajiya, I want second round o! "
���
I think it's Vedan

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Commercial Adverts Of 80's And 90's by jbblues24(m): 7:51am On May 31, 2019
Oppan Gangnam Style Gangnam Style Op op op op oppan Gangnam Style Gangnam Style Op op op op oppan Gangnam Style. cry
Re: Nigerian Commercial Adverts Of 80's And 90's by meobizy(f): 2:46pm On Apr 17, 2021
If I go through this thread, I’ll cry all day. Times have passed. The future brings promises of better things.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Commercial Adverts Of 80's And 90's by zomoears(m): 11:40am On Aug 01, 2021
Interesting thread.

Memorable adverts that really made us want to have this products.

I am looking for NASCO cornflakes advert, the one that starts with a cock crow. Was singing it and my kids think I am forming the words�

(1) (2) (3) ... (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (Reply)

Meet The Bbnaija 2021 Female Housemates (Shine Ya Eye) / THE WALKING DEAD - Fan Page / Post Your links to Movies, Trailers & Series here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.