Welcome, Guest: Join Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 2,423,455 members, 5,437,814 topics. Date: Sunday, 23 February 2020 at 03:55 PM

Nigerian Commercial Adverts Of 80's And 90's - TV/Movies (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Nigerian Commercial Adverts Of 80's And 90's (89654 Views)

Do Yo Remember The NTA Ladies Of The 80's And 90's? / Some Funny, And Really Nice Nigerian 80's Shows / Soap Operas Of Late 80's And Early 90's (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (20) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Commercial Adverts Of 80's And 90's by akandea(m): 6:24pm On Aug 11, 2014
Who remembers life boy soap or something soap of a guy who after bathing with the soap dribbles the whole opponent players to score. It was a great disappointment to me when the soap did not work the same magic for me lol!

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Commercial Adverts Of 80's And 90's by uzoexcel(m): 6:25pm On Aug 11, 2014
lol @ d bolded...lookn back @ ds advert now makes me seem as if we lived in 'black and white'/no color period grin
omenka: You would notice the absence of some nairaland career trolls on this thread because most of them who seem to be loudest when it comes to insults and shouting are totally ignorant of what the subject of this thread is!! Most of them wernt born when these adverts were still rocking our airwaves!!

We used to sing along whenever the Omo advert comes through! smiley

Really taken aback here..smiley The days when the country had some semblance with unity and sanity.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Commercial Adverts Of 80's And 90's by hardbody: 6:25pm On Aug 11, 2014
jnrbayano: Singing *The best for quality banking*

Who remembers that Ecobank advert?

Thats Ecobank...Thats Ecobank Tralalalala

THe best for quality banking.....and excellence in alllll thingsss....Echoooooo Bannnkkkkk........

Me sef try na...

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Commercial Adverts Of 80's And 90's by ron5ke: 6:26pm On Aug 11, 2014
I feel good..maltonic or so
Re: Nigerian Commercial Adverts Of 80's And 90's by dabossman(m): 6:26pm On Aug 11, 2014
vivaciousvivi: My best would forever be that Thermocool Ad where they lined all the models of fridges according to size and this dude with weird clothes who memorized all the features about each fridge, opens them up and starts talking so fast:

"10 cubic feet of frizz free freezer, a fridge freezer never looked so good, see the Z 300 its Nigeria's most popular fridge. Whatever model you choose, they would keep drinks cooler and foods richer. We call them the Thermocool creation...You call them beautiful![/i]"

Or the 3 cartoon lions - Lion, lioness and the cub dancing and singing about Trebor (Peppermint, Fruities and Ginger Orange)!

Then the Corona students using different musical instruments and advertising Bata Cortina sandals! Chei!!! cheesy

Choi, shoe of life!

10 Likes

Re: Nigerian Commercial Adverts Of 80's And 90's by jnrbayano(m): 6:27pm On Aug 11, 2014
HCNS: I remember the union bank advert during half time of italia 90, union bank big, strong, reliable

I won't forget kesin shin I can't get the spelling nw. During interval of that lovely soap opera Behind the cloud every sunday. " You see what I mean? Kesin shin"

Chai! See an old man ooo

*do know what I mean, thank you Kesin shin*

cheesy
Re: Nigerian Commercial Adverts Of 80's And 90's by SerPounce(m): 6:27pm On Aug 11, 2014
xynerise:
Baba Blue na Yesterday advert na.

You suppose to dey talk about Malta sweet, Eclairs, Butter mint, Goody-Goody-Chewy Chewy grin

I remember that fine, fair girl why they do that Eclairs advert during Cadbury breakfast show. Na the last part of wetin she talk I dey hear that time.. "... In my mouth! so go get yours now!" I been they get childhood crush for that girl.. grin
Re: Nigerian Commercial Adverts Of 80's And 90's by hensben(m): 6:27pm On Aug 11, 2014
this thread will make us know who are really old on nairaland. grin

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Commercial Adverts Of 80's And 90's by Tucees(f): 6:29pm On Aug 11, 2014
UjSizzle: Who remembers the Omo advert about the fish seller?

I dey sell fish... all the fish water for rob for my body.. na soo my body go dey scent.. But when i use Omo Omo Omo....blah blah blah

Mabel edema is her name can never forget that ad! Her funny diction and facial expressions! all new omo na so so scent scent na him my bodi go dey smell.
Re: Nigerian Commercial Adverts Of 80's And 90's by millhouse: 6:29pm On Aug 11, 2014
good old days
Re: Nigerian Commercial Adverts Of 80's And 90's by Ahmeduana(m): 6:30pm On Aug 11, 2014
prof800:
TANDI GUARANA!

**singing**
tandi guarana.... tandi guarana...
parara pirampa...
(oh who remembers this song
I GREW UP IN IBADAN, SO IS NOT ONE OF D POPULAR SOFT DRINKS THERE. GOLD SPOT, CRUSH,ZIT LEMON&TONIC FANTA
Re: Nigerian Commercial Adverts Of 80's And 90's by SerPounce(m): 6:30pm On Aug 11, 2014
xynerise: Eclairs--

''This is the new cadbury chocolate Eclairs.
It comes in a new purple and gold foil.
Rich cream caramel.
And still has a new ''Choc-choc'' you're gonna love it.

Hmmmmm...its big and delicious and one taste it gonna be....in my mouth.

So, go get yours now grin

Cadbury Choco Eclairs....the sweet with a heart. grin

That chick fine sha grin

Lol. I just see this as I quote you finish. You don old finish for you to fit remember am o.
Re: Nigerian Commercial Adverts Of 80's And 90's by Nobody: 6:30pm On Aug 11, 2014
Kentnickole:
My dear... Good old days

Oh yes!....I enjoyed Nigeria as a child....I wish we could go back to those days.

Nigeria has gone downhill; Just compare Nigeria from the 90's to now?.

Its sickenly.

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Commercial Adverts Of 80's And 90's by Nobody: 6:30pm On Aug 11, 2014
dabossman:

Choi, shoe of life!

Best shoe ever.
Re: Nigerian Commercial Adverts Of 80's And 90's by Tucees(f): 6:31pm On Aug 11, 2014
ednut1: mummy ,daddy is not feeling fine ...................................... grin
grin shaky shaky daddy! I think it was shan george that palyed the mum and the drug Medic-55?
Re: Nigerian Commercial Adverts Of 80's And 90's by jnrbayano(m): 6:32pm On Aug 11, 2014
hardbody:

Thats Ecobank...Thats Ecobank Tralalalala

THe best for quality banking.....and excellence in alllll thingsss....Echoooooo Bannnkkkkk........

Me sef try na...

My two hands up for a fellow elder

cheesy
Re: Nigerian Commercial Adverts Of 80's And 90's by SerPounce(m): 6:34pm On Aug 11, 2014
hakunajay:

Yeah, I dated the two omo girls back then too...

grin grin grin grin
Re: Nigerian Commercial Adverts Of 80's And 90's by zizytd(m): 6:34pm On Aug 11, 2014
Una dae jonse since o, wu remember three orange men, Miranda tins

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Commercial Adverts Of 80's And 90's by DMilanista: 6:36pm On Aug 11, 2014
Tucees: Mabel edema is her name can never forget that ad! Her funny diction and facial expressions! all new omo na so so scent scent na him my bodi go dey smell.
grin u gat good memory. When I cut d fish, blood go come out, e go stain my body. If I dey put oil, e go splash, e go stain my body... grin

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Commercial Adverts Of 80's And 90's by UjSizzle(f): 6:36pm On Aug 11, 2014
Kentnickole pls stop quoting the names of viewers.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Commercial Adverts Of 80's And 90's by XKZ(m): 6:36pm On Aug 11, 2014
I love the AP advert. Lovely animation
"I think I got a fever can't get up the slope
I'm gonna see the doctor
tell him how I'm feeling..."

I also loved indomie's first advert
"...instantly, my noodles are ready whenever you're hungry, ah! Abracadabra..."

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Commercial Adverts Of 80's And 90's by xynerise(m): 6:37pm On Aug 11, 2014
SerPounce:

Lol. I just see this as I quote you finish. You don old finish for you to fit remember am o.
I am a young man o lipsrsealed
Re: Nigerian Commercial Adverts Of 80's And 90's by kevoneal: 6:37pm On Aug 11, 2014
jnrbayano: Singing *The best for quality banking*

Who remembers that Ecobank advert?
. Wow! It mostly ran in 1994, I guess
Re: Nigerian Commercial Adverts Of 80's And 90's by DMilanista: 6:37pm On Aug 11, 2014
zizytd: Una dae jonse since o, wu remember three orange men, Miranda tins
Miwinda. Those men wey be line referee Collina. grin . Till now, I still don't understand that advert.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Commercial Adverts Of 80's And 90's by jnrbayano(m): 6:38pm On Aug 11, 2014
kevoneal: . Wow! It mostly ran in 1994, I guess

Thereabouts.

Such loving memories.
Re: Nigerian Commercial Adverts Of 80's And 90's by fogechi(f): 6:38pm On Aug 11, 2014
i miss those days
Re: Nigerian Commercial Adverts Of 80's And 90's by nervegasfarts: 6:39pm On Aug 11, 2014
The one I remember is seaman's schnapps, with baba aluwe and oga bello. Where baba aluwe asked bello to look at iya awero's ass, and quickly stole/drank his cup of schnapps. Old school things!. But I don like paraga since small share!

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Commercial Adverts Of 80's And 90's by Kentnickole(m): 6:39pm On Aug 11, 2014
glitest:

Oh yes!....I enjoyed Nigeria as a child....I wish we could go back to those days.

Nigeria has gone downhill; Just compare Nigeria from the 90's to now?.

Its sickenly.
Politicization and irrelevant commercialization is now the author of most of our local channels

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Commercial Adverts Of 80's And 90's by hardbody: 6:39pm On Aug 11, 2014
jnrbayano:

My two hands up for a fellow elder

cheesy

Bros i hail jare. Gone are those days.....
Re: Nigerian Commercial Adverts Of 80's And 90's by XKZ(m): 6:39pm On Aug 11, 2014
Another lovely one

"Econet buddy, show me your buddy, everybody needs to have a buddy buddy..."

Three Crowns advert with the parachute had us designing parachutes.
Re: Nigerian Commercial Adverts Of 80's And 90's by Malakh: 6:39pm On Aug 11, 2014
90s and 2000 generation are not allowed on this thread angry

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (20) (Reply)

Top 15 Sexiest Female Nigerian Television Personalities (Photos) / Big Brother Amplified (The Official Thread of BBA 6) / Alex, BBNaija Housemate, Flashes Her Boobs (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2020 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.