Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,886 members, 7,806,552 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 06:12 PM

Nigerian Commercial Adverts Of 80's And 90's - TV/Movies (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Nigerian Commercial Adverts Of 80's And 90's (119822 Views)

Do Yo Remember The NTA Ladies Of The 80's And 90's? / Some Funny, And Really Nice Nigerian 80's Shows / Soap Operas Of Late 80's And Early 90's (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (21) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Commercial Adverts Of 80's And 90's by dont8(m): 7:41pm On Aug 11, 2014
Can't remember it too, I try to check on youtube but it's not there.

I know it parades stars like Shina Peters and Dan Maraya and co.

*Singing*

A ki yin kabo so ri ile olora... Akinyin kabo...

Ema gbadun ara yin

Adun ni ogbe yin ooo... cheesy
Nihilist:

Barka du sallah something something Abinchi...

I think that's how the Hausa verse started.

The Yoruba rap was mad too

A ki yin kabo so ri iluwa?

Don't remember now...
Re: Nigerian Commercial Adverts Of 80's And 90's by dont8(m): 7:43pm On Aug 11, 2014
My Cowbell smiley
Henrick007: fill in the gap..... Put am for tea......., put am for coffee..... Put am for akamu e go disolve one time,......
Re: Nigerian Commercial Adverts Of 80's And 90's by seunny4lif(m): 7:44pm On Aug 11, 2014
SerPounce: Who remembers that old Indomie advert? Wey the man see Indomie bill board come close eye begin chop the thing. As e chop am finish, E begin find the chicken, e con be say that small girl wey stand dey look am since don carry am. After that time, I begin try do my own when I see food poster. But e no work for me. grin
Dat one na advert of like 10yrs ago joor becos we are talking abt 25 to 20yrs ago here....

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Commercial Adverts Of 80's And 90's by Enahi(f): 7:44pm On Aug 11, 2014
Re: Nigerian Commercial Adverts Of 80's And 90's by Nobody: 7:45pm On Aug 11, 2014
Lifebuoy....the soap for active.....healthy people!(1987)

Lifebuoy for health...(1994)

Sunlight washing up fluid (to the tune of Handel's Water music) (1990's).

Nasco cornflakes!(1986)

Super Visco Static! (You've got Engine Fatigue. Engine Fatigue!)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JILAfOymy7k

Drink Brahma Guarana...the natural one...oh yeah! (My favorite soft drink)

ooooh oooh.....Venus Gold!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Commercial Adverts Of 80's And 90's by Nobody: 7:47pm On Aug 11, 2014
judedwriter: Buttermint (4x) cadbury buttermint is a sweet affair smiley mennn.. Those were d good old days.

Cadbury, cadbury, cadbury for the sweet life!
Re: Nigerian Commercial Adverts Of 80's And 90's by KingAdeOluomo1(m): 7:48pm On Aug 11, 2014
op I fear u ooo
Re: Nigerian Commercial Adverts Of 80's And 90's by seunny4lif(m): 7:50pm On Aug 11, 2014
IYIMAN: What a memory ! The days of DR.Pepper and crush soft drink.
TV stations (NTA) every 4pm to. Close 10;30pm after special announcement.

Chinese and Indian film every weekend.... Dramenda and amtap or somtin.
Gone are those days.
We dat are in Ondo state only watch ODTV with WWF on sundays...O boy I no dey miss dat WWF thn cos na only 2 people get TV for our face me and slap u house thn,with over 30 tenets in the house,so we dey plenty for the people window den to watch WWF and India movies on saturdays..

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Commercial Adverts Of 80's And 90's by Nobody: 7:50pm On Aug 11, 2014

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Commercial Adverts Of 80's And 90's by banki(m): 7:51pm On Aug 11, 2014
I am the future of the world
I am the hope of my nation
I am tommorows people
I am the new inspiration....
weve got the song to sing for you
weve got the message to bring to you
you and for me for you and for me and tomorrow
.......I think that was pepsi

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Commercial Adverts Of 80's And 90's by listica(m): 7:52pm On Aug 11, 2014
lynpetra:

I remember quite vividly all this old skool stuff.
oooh,I see,u now a big girl
Re: Nigerian Commercial Adverts Of 80's And 90's by chic2pimp(m): 7:52pm On Aug 11, 2014
Nihilist:

Barka du sallah something something Abinchi...

I think that's how the Hausa verse started.

The Yoruba rap was mad too

A ki yin kabo so ri iluwa?

Don't remember now...

A ki yin kabo so ri ile wura. E ka bo olora
E ma gbadun aranyin . Adun ni lo gbe eyin o. cheesy

Barka du sallah sedu na binchi cheesy

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Commercial Adverts Of 80's And 90's by banki(m): 7:52pm On Aug 11, 2014
banki: I am the future of the world
I am tommorows people

my bad it was coke
Re: Nigerian Commercial Adverts Of 80's And 90's by chic2pimp(m): 7:54pm On Aug 11, 2014
MR BIGGS IS TEN. COME SHARE WITH US. LOTS OF FUN AND EXCITEMENT
DELICIOUS SNACKS SERVED PIPPING HOT.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Commercial Adverts Of 80's And 90's by Nobody: 7:55pm On Aug 11, 2014
banki: I am the future of the world
I am tommorows people

Actually coca cola!(see my post above yours!)
Re: Nigerian Commercial Adverts Of 80's And 90's by dont8(m): 7:55pm On Aug 11, 2014
AIT, AIT, the communication, ogbonge Tv, for this nation, sum sum sum sum

Mama, Papa ooo, AIT na we station, Sister, brother ooo.

AIT na we station!

First among the rest is A

The best is I

The third is T

Africa Independent
AIT- African independent Television, AAAA I T

Africa independent Television

Oh Yes - You be the best, always always be the best, for sum sum sum summation

Education - Summation

First across the federation

The best TV, na AIT! grin wink

Henrick007: ait ait original station, original tv for the country......... Papa mama ooooo ait na we station

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Commercial Adverts Of 80's And 90's by UjSizzle(f): 7:56pm On Aug 11, 2014
dont8: Vicks Blue - Do you remember the part where the guy was discharged and acquitted and says, "I swear, I no go do am again" grin
lol yeah cheesy

Nasco cornflakes?

Nasco quality cornflakes so full of nourishing goodness....

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Commercial Adverts Of 80's And 90's by Mustack: 7:56pm On Aug 11, 2014
I swear am having a huge memories of the old days.
Re: Nigerian Commercial Adverts Of 80's And 90's by akmaldini(m): 7:57pm On Aug 11, 2014
We just wanna tank u tank u 4 ur partronage,we just wanna tank u.4 getting 4 us u care
All through d years u hv bin dere,stayin by our syd show dat u re to careeee...
We jst wanna tank u 4 makin us ur choice Nta2 channels 5..

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Commercial Adverts Of 80's And 90's by Nobody: 7:57pm On Aug 11, 2014

6 Likes

Re: Nigerian Commercial Adverts Of 80's And 90's by suwailad(f): 7:58pm On Aug 11, 2014
wow life was really sweet in the 80's, feeling soooooooooo nostalgic embarassed

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Commercial Adverts Of 80's And 90's by UjSizzle(f): 7:59pm On Aug 11, 2014
dont8: AIT, AIT, the communication, ogbonge Tv, for this nation, sum sum sum sum

Mama papa ooo, AIT na we station, Sister brother ooo.

AIT na we station!

First among the rest is A

The best is I

The third is T

Africa Independent
AIT- African independent Television, AAAA I T

Africa independent Television

Oh Yes - You be the best, always always be the best, for sum sum sum summation

Education - Summation

First across the federation

The best TV, na AIT! grin wink

Oh yes we be the best
we no dey waste time at all
to bring you news and sports
current affairs, entertainment

In my country na AIT
the best tv na AIT
for this new century na AIT
every corner everybody say na AIT cheesy

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Commercial Adverts Of 80's And 90's by Nobody: 8:01pm On Aug 11, 2014
OrlandoOwoh: Who remembers the Toyota advert during the USA 94 World Cup: Yio shini, yio kana (good thinking, good product).

And for a long time afterwards....people were like yio shini....
Re: Nigerian Commercial Adverts Of 80's And 90's by dont8(m): 8:01pm On Aug 11, 2014
Damn, this is an Iron Mike's punchline to Y2K Children grin
omenka: You would notice the absence of some nairaland career trolls on this thread because most of them who seem to be loudest when it comes to insults and shouting are totally ignorant of what the subject of this thread is!! Most of them wernt born when these adverts were still rocking our airwaves!!

We used to sing along whenever the Omo advert comes through! smiley

Really taken back here..smiley The days when the country had some semblance with unity and sanity.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Commercial Adverts Of 80's And 90's by Enahi(f): 8:02pm On Aug 11, 2014
Tucees: grin shaky shaky daddy! I think it was shan george that palyed the mum and the drug Medic-55?
grin Funny advert.
Re: Nigerian Commercial Adverts Of 80's And 90's by chic2pimp(m): 8:05pm On Aug 11, 2014
dabossman:

Choi, shoe of life!

Looool oh my days. Not seen that shoe since my chrisland days. Very well remember me and my best friend who attended corona rocking those sandals with pride.
Re: Nigerian Commercial Adverts Of 80's And 90's by abadebaba: 8:05pm On Aug 11, 2014
!!!
Re: Nigerian Commercial Adverts Of 80's And 90's by xynerise: 8:07pm On Aug 11, 2014
sylve11:

Xynthesis, shey u knw sey children wey dey born for 90s miss alot? grin grin cool
Na wetin make them soft na. grin
Re: Nigerian Commercial Adverts Of 80's And 90's by UjSizzle(f): 8:07pm On Aug 11, 2014
chic2pimp: MR BIGGS IS TEN. COME SHARE WITH US. LOTS OF FUN AND EXCITEMENT
DELICIOUS SNACKS SERVED PIPPING HOT.
And there's the other one where the kids were rapping smiley

Eyo eyo huh Mr Biggs in the house
come one, let me here you say
Now delicious so delicious
This is Mr Biggs
Foodvine and delumptuous
What makes you cool and luscious
So much to eat
It's chewmunchious
It's delicious
Eyo huh come on
It's Mr Biggs
It's Mr Biggs

Mr Biggs what a delicious experience grin

....Good ole days

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Commercial Adverts Of 80's And 90's by akmaldini(m): 8:07pm On Aug 11, 2014
4-2-2-2,4-2-2-2 maladarin..hv 4gotin d name of d drug..
Re: Nigerian Commercial Adverts Of 80's And 90's by GooseBaba: 8:09pm On Aug 11, 2014
With all these lovely advertisement that we enjoyed as kids. We had no clue that the economy was diverse and manufacturing was happening.. The middle class had disposible income to afford their wants.. Good old days..

One could dream big within the shores of Nigeria, because the potential to succeed was there... Smh..

Chei... Baba God how far na..!?

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Commercial Adverts Of 80's And 90's by akmaldini(m): 8:13pm On Aug 11, 2014
Make una cul police oo,make una cul police

Cul Cul!! Cul police ooooooo...

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (21) (Reply)

Meet The Bbnaija 2021 Female Housemates (Shine Ya Eye) / THE WALKING DEAD - Fan Page / Post Your links to Movies, Trailers & Series here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.