Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,976 members, 7,806,854 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 04:21 AM

The Nigeria Zip/postal Code Confusion - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / The Nigeria Zip/postal Code Confusion (1053 Views)

Nigeria Zip Code / Postal Codes Of Nigerian Cities / Postal Codes of Nigerian Cities? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Nigeria Zip/postal Code Confusion by frankdudus(m): 7:50pm On Aug 09, 2014
I was filling a form online nd I came across d Zip/
postal code field, wasn't sure wat to put there so i google naija zip/postal code... for those of us dat had bn confused over this ish here is wat I found out

ZIP (Zone Improvement Plan) codes apply ONLY to the United States . The US does not regard postal codes from other countries as “ZIP” codes. In all other countries, postal codes are used. However, ZIP codes in the US are used for the same purposes for which other countries use postal codes for mailing purposes. So, ZIP codes are to the US while postal codes are to other countries including Nigeria.

Nigeria's ZIP / POSTAL code is NOT +234 for all cities and states as most people think- Rather +234 is only the International Dialing Code for Nigerian phone numbers.. example +23470********

Postal codes in Nigeria are numeric, consisting of six digits. NIPOST , the Nigerian Postal Service, divides the country into nine regions, which make. up the first. digit of the code. The second and third digits combined with the first, are the dispatch district for outgoing sorting. The last three digits are for delivery.
The main postal head office in each region will have a postal code ending in 0001, so Garki Main HO in Abuja has the postal code 970001, Ikeja HO in Lagos has 100001, Lokoja in Kogi has 270001 and Port Harcourt has 500001. The lowest postcode is 100001 and the
highest is 930001.

The Nigerian Postal Services still works despite
internet / email and the other Big names in the
Business (DHL, UPS, FEDEX) taking over delivery of
letters and packages faster. They NPS still offer P.O Box address amongst other services for individuals
and corporations.

You can Visit the New Nigerian Postal Service
(NIPOST) Website http://
www.nigeriapostcodes.com to get more info.

Tnks. wink

Re: The Nigeria Zip/postal Code Confusion by bigtt76(f): 8:44pm On Aug 09, 2014
Thanks for this. I know that +234 is not the Nigerian Postal Code but can't be bothered about getting the correct one until now grin
Re: The Nigeria Zip/postal Code Confusion by millhouse: 6:58am On Aug 10, 2014
Thanks for the info
Re: The Nigeria Zip/postal Code Confusion by veetubes: 8:46pm On Jan 26, 2019
Great information on naija zip code, there are other good zip odes sites like https://www.esteegel.com/zipcode/ and https://www.nigerialocalnews.com/postalcode/

(1) (Reply)

His Bank Charged Him For Congratulating Him! / Checkout The Location Of This ATM (photo) / Lets Discuss Importation Business - Ask Your Questions Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.