Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,905 members, 7,799,044 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 02:24 PM

Obama Leaves Nigeria Out Of $110m Peacekeeping Fund - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Obama Leaves Nigeria Out Of $110m Peacekeeping Fund (23165 Views)

GEJ Would Have Looted Nigeria Out Of World Map - OBJ / Buhari Leaves Nigeria For New Delhi, India (pics) / Sule Lamido Leaves Nigeria, Hands Over To SSG Leaving N2billion Debt (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Obama Leaves Nigeria Out Of $110m Peacekeeping Fund by zozayi(m): 1:08am On Aug 11, 2014
Nigeria is excluded because our military seems polarized.
Re: Obama Leaves Nigeria Out Of $110m Peacekeeping Fund by Nobody: 1:09am On Aug 11, 2014
Or, just continue lying to yourself in the name of "not insulting" people who don't give a damn about you. Pathetic.

Face the bitter truth, and make a change.

1 Like

Re: Obama Leaves Nigeria Out Of $110m Peacekeeping Fund by Truckpusher(m): 1:13am On Aug 11, 2014
EkoIle1:

So what is Jona waiting for and with your so called capacity, why is Jona still begging to borrow $1 billion to fight the same BH?

Diarisgod my friend...
Every country is borrowing Mr dumbo undecided
Re: Obama Leaves Nigeria Out Of $110m Peacekeeping Fund by Nobody: 1:15am On Aug 11, 2014
Blessing in disguise if you ask me.

What's the point of receiving a meagre $3million that even the lowest paid civil servants loot in the same country without blanking an eye, from another country, with strings attached? It's not like they're giving Nigeria the $6billion military aid Israel receives annually...just some loose change that can't even buy an old military tank.

Nigeria should have rejected the money outrightly if it were included...no foreign aid is free. And when it comes to military aid, the donor country only gives out about 10% of the money, with the remaining 90% as services provided by the donour country. Pointless, if you ask me.

Time for Africans to stop begging for hand outs!

Shalom!

2 Likes

Re: Obama Leaves Nigeria Out Of $110m Peacekeeping Fund by Truckpusher(m): 1:16am On Aug 11, 2014
porka:

You simply do not know how America's money is utilized.

America will never give any money to any country's politician, they would even try and corner their own share of the so-called loot under secret deals with those same politicians.

Those funds will be spent on military hardwares made entirely by American weapons manufacturing companies and supplied by American arms contractors.

The trainings are handled entirely by American contractors and where they require overseas training, officers and men will go to America for such.

More than 80% American monies will return back to them.

Those funds will never leave American financial institutions.

In the case of humanitarian courses, crumbs giving out are channeled through NGOs.

Educate yourself of these things, they are not hard to find.
It is called the father of all corruption.
Re: Obama Leaves Nigeria Out Of $110m Peacekeeping Fund by ddeola: 1:19am On Aug 11, 2014
Naija doesn't need their money to continue what we are doing very well. I know there's more to it than meets the eye but still I want to categorically state that Naija is no slave to any country, if they don't respect our laws then they should stay away

They are in huge debt yet they are trying to show big brother. What a shame
Re: Obama Leaves Nigeria Out Of $110m Peacekeeping Fund by Truckpusher(m): 1:22am On Aug 11, 2014
Why are we killing ourselves over this issue ?

Everyone knows that Americas aid ends in America......Dats all grin

1 Like

Re: Obama Leaves Nigeria Out Of $110m Peacekeeping Fund by Nobody: 1:44am On Aug 11, 2014
Truckpusher: Why are we killing ourselves over this issue ?

Everyone knows that Americas aid ends in America......Dats all grin

Lmao!

I remember India rejecting the UK's £300million foreign aid two years ago...and it was the UK that was begging India to accept it. That alone should tell discerning minds that foreign aids aren't actually what they're. How are you going to beg someone to take your money if you're not actually reaping about 10 times more of the actual aid?

Foreign aids are more or less a gift that comes with a big curse. This particular one isn't even worth it - $110million for the whole of Africa. The money won't even be able to fund a proper peacekeeping force. These folks just love treating Africans like kids, to be honest.

3 Likes

Re: Obama Leaves Nigeria Out Of $110m Peacekeeping Fund by Tundeiab(m): 1:51am On Aug 11, 2014
smackimorn: I think it's because of the Gay shiit
Dem dn dey sanction us with style

Lubbish!
my brother na "BAD BELLEISM" at its peak. God pass them. No be by force make Nigerian men dey admire h fellow men n.yash.
Thunder fire Obama left n.yansh. With some people's post on this thread, you will have no doubt that most Nigerians are not patriotic . For your information an average American is patriotic to the core. That's why their economy is working.
Reverse is the case in our dear Naija.

1 Like

Re: Obama Leaves Nigeria Out Of $110m Peacekeeping Fund by 19naia(m): 2:01am On Aug 11, 2014
yes its a good decision because Nigeria is Capable of paying its way from its NNPC holdings alone... Then the embezzlement culture of Nigeria may have been a background influence in the decision.. Nigeria will benefit from simply being a part of the coalition even if Nigeria is not focused on for disbursed funds.. Maybe enough has been spent on the latest US support in the eradication of Boko Haram to "bring back our girls"...
Nigeria has worked hard to present itself as the big economy GIANT OF AFRICA, so why not give instead to places like Ghana, Uganda and Co.

1 Like

Re: Obama Leaves Nigeria Out Of $110m Peacekeeping Fund by Nobody: 2:16am On Aug 11, 2014
Just because we did not support same sex marriage, Besides d money cannot be accounted for if given to us. So Obama should keep the money to himself.

1 Like

Re: Obama Leaves Nigeria Out Of $110m Peacekeeping Fund by Icecomrade: 2:52am On Aug 11, 2014
I don't know how much the FG depended on the anticipated fund. Its time to retire and re-strategize.
US has the fund and has the sole right to choose whom to support. Considering the escalation of BH activities to other neighboring African countries, I strongly feel they are making a big mistake.

Nigeria is our own. Let's invest less on external peace keeping activities and focus more on dealing with our internal crises

2 Likes

Re: Obama Leaves Nigeria Out Of $110m Peacekeeping Fund by Sjones: 3:10am On Aug 11, 2014
International bias there

1 Like

Re: Obama Leaves Nigeria Out Of $110m Peacekeeping Fund by Nobody: 3:12am On Aug 11, 2014
The greatest problem with we(Nigerians) is that we'll never learn! grin angry cry lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: Obama Leaves Nigeria Out Of $110m Peacekeeping Fund by alphaomega(m): 3:14am On Aug 11, 2014
Mk Obama kip d money, mk he snd us d Anti-Ebola serum abeg...
Re: Obama Leaves Nigeria Out Of $110m Peacekeeping Fund by Reference(m): 3:15am On Aug 11, 2014
The Nigerian military will not integrate with anyone neither will it change its TRADOC or concede its command and control so we are not part of that and don't need the funds. They should just let us be for now, period. When the needy call on us we will always respond at our terms and not those of the Piper.

1 Like

Re: Obama Leaves Nigeria Out Of $110m Peacekeeping Fund by saltoftheearth: 3:29am On Aug 11, 2014
You conclusion messed up your opinion. I disagree. We don't deserve "everything" that is coming to us. Maybe we deserve this particular stand by the US, but not everything. We aint the devil you know.
myads890: I believe the American and EU governments have finally realised that any fund is sent Nigeria is looted by polithieves and never used for its main purpose. And probably also that Nigeria is capable of funding itself but the funds are always looted by corrupt and incompetent "leaders".

Nigeria shouldn't lament. We deserve everything that's coming to us
Re: Obama Leaves Nigeria Out Of $110m Peacekeeping Fund by 1stola: 3:32am On Aug 11, 2014
dontjealousme: Two more years Obama will no longer be relevant. That is not a problem. I also notice the nations are predominantly east-africans where he is from and only two west africans.

Only problem is Nigeria will break in 2015, if the born to rule mentality is not dropped to allow power rotation. Yoru-hausa team up will break Nigeria. I have said my own!
Ode!
I rather go with the ibos (greedy but I can still manage and predict them) than the malos-hausa-fulani (people I can't even predict or trust)
If Nigeria breaks up, let everyone be on her own.
Re: Obama Leaves Nigeria Out Of $110m Peacekeeping Fund by Reference(m): 3:36am On Aug 11, 2014
MissMeiya: Very funny. Insult Obama and Americans at every turn, but you still want us to give you our tax money and billion dollar research. Very funny.

Go and beg Putin. Racist Russia is your idol, after all.

Or your former colonial master, the UK.

No one except for some lilylivered chickens is begging the US for anything. And don't try and fix Nigeria between your east - west spat with Putin because we have been for decades and still are - non aligned and unlike francophone Africa we are completely independent, colonial rule is only in history books....and we are not going back!!!

2 Likes

Re: Obama Leaves Nigeria Out Of $110m Peacekeeping Fund by Nobody: 4:01am On Aug 11, 2014

1 Like

Re: Obama Leaves Nigeria Out Of $110m Peacekeeping Fund by cjrane: 4:02am On Aug 11, 2014
Americans know Nigeria is on its last days as a country.It will actually be needing those peace keepers from other parts of Africa to keep her citizens from murdering themselves.
The Americans know the consequence of APC threatening they will form a parallel government if they lose next year. A fact they very well know will happen.

2 Likes

Re: Obama Leaves Nigeria Out Of $110m Peacekeeping Fund by Billygee2u: 4:04am On Aug 11, 2014
myads890: I believe the American and EU governments have finally realised that any fund is sent Nigeria is looted by polithieves and never used for its main purpose. And probably also that Nigeria is capable of funding itself but the funds are always looted by corrupt and incompetent "leaders".

Nigeria shouldn't lament. We deserve everything that's coming to us
also Nigeria`s rejection of their satanic same sex marriage and homosexuals .
Re: Obama Leaves Nigeria Out Of $110m Peacekeeping Fund by fiverrwin(f): 4:07am On Aug 11, 2014
Good for us

2 Likes

Re: Obama Leaves Nigeria Out Of $110m Peacekeeping Fund by adewasco2k(m): 4:10am On Aug 11, 2014
make them go-n-die
Re: Obama Leaves Nigeria Out Of $110m Peacekeeping Fund by Billygee2u: 4:12am On Aug 11, 2014
ddeola: Naija doesn't need their money to continue what we are doing very well. I know there's more to it than meets the eye but still I want to categorically state that Naija is no slave to any country, if they don't respect our laws then they should stay away

They are in huge debt yet they are trying to show big brother. What a shame
they are indebted to China,billions of $dollars,yet they are pretending to be helping Africa,while their hipocricy is clearly seen
Re: Obama Leaves Nigeria Out Of $110m Peacekeeping Fund by Billygee2u: 4:17am On Aug 11, 2014
cjrane: Americans know Nigeria is on its last days as a country.It will actually be needing those peace keepers from other parts of Africa to keep her citizens from murdering themselves.
The Americans know the consequence of APC threatening they will form a parallel government if they lose next year. A fact they very well know will happen.
America still stick to their word that Nija will brake in 2015.They do not want to do anything that will hinder the brakage.
God will surprise them,they will be shocked and bow for Jehovah God, when Nigeria exceeds 2015
Re: Obama Leaves Nigeria Out Of $110m Peacekeeping Fund by continentalceo(m): 4:18am On Aug 11, 2014
davitogreat:

Your just typing nonsense. My comment had nothing to do with feelings. Or licking ass.

It's all about facts. If the Americans see it fit to share defense funds with Uganda, ghana and Rwanda. ( countries with very questionable corrupt/shady governments and institutions)

Uganda- very corrupt. Government has history of abuse. Also history of using child soldiers.
Ghana- very corrupt and is a poster boy on how NOT to run your economy
Rwanda- though Rwanda has made great improvements economically Kagames government has also been very oppressive towards opposition and anyone who speaks ill of his government. Has played a role in assassinating journalists and opposition members in Rwanda and even outside the country.
Plus lets not forget rwanda and uganda have been caught assisting rebels who are destabilizing the congo.

So with all that What makes it right to skip Nigeria? Jonathan with all his faults is not as bad as the leaders of these countries.

nigeria is one of the worlds leading peace keeping nations and a country that does and has done a lot for Africa. So it's logical to work closely with such a country if one is looking to further peace in Africa.

Don't mind these foolish illiterates on nairaland. Iv said it before, just because you have a access to internet and can type dose not mean you are smart.. They think by being unpatriotic they are helping themselves, that is the biggest joke of the century...Anyway what do you expect from illiterates.

I really think the reason the US did this is simple and that is because of the Anti-gay right bill that was passed into law. Just recently the Ugandan supreme court judges just Legalised gay unions in Uganda. Ghana and Rwanda are indifferent about the issue. Its only Nigerians that have said no completely and when they did America threatened to withdraw some aids and place some sanctions..
Anyway my advice to GEJ is to see this as a blessing and not a curse because all these foreign aids are meant to make the Recipients puppets to the Donor.. Let's struggle to build our economy and forget the west, because they are evil. The more they give with one hand, the more they take with the other...

4 Likes

Re: Obama Leaves Nigeria Out Of $110m Peacekeeping Fund by wiseman4real: 4:23am On Aug 11, 2014
okay
Re: Obama Leaves Nigeria Out Of $110m Peacekeeping Fund by Billygee2u: 4:29am On Aug 11, 2014
continentalceo:

Don't mind these foolish illiterates on nairaland. Iv said it before, just because you have a access to internet and can type dose not mean you are smart.. They think by being unpatriotic they are helping themselves, that is the biggest joke of the century...Anyway what do you expect from illiterates.

I really think the reason the US did this is simple and that is because of the Anti-gay right bill that was passed into law. Just recently the Ugandan supreme court judges just Legalised gay unions in Uganda. Ghana and Rwanda are indifferent about the issue. Its only Nigerians that have said no completely and when they did America threatened to withdraw some aids and place some sanctions..
Anyway my advice to GEJ is to see this as a blessing and not a curse because all these foreign aids are meant to make the Recipients puppets to the Donor.. Let's struggle to build our economy and forget the west, because they are evil. The more they give with one hand, the
more they take with the other...
God bless you
Re: Obama Leaves Nigeria Out Of $110m Peacekeeping Fund by M4gunners: 4:30am On Aug 11, 2014
All becauae we refuse to sign homo in law abi! Obama and co you guys can kiss our

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Buhari Appoints PwC, KPMG To Audit NNPC, CBN, FIRS, Others / Executive Order No. 008 Of 2018 / LEADERSHIP TUSSLE: Soyinka Resigns As CBCIU Chair

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.