Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,357 members, 7,800,719 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 03:00 AM

Travelling To Canada Part 6 - Travel (482) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 6 (823875 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 7 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (479) (480) (481) (482) (483) (484) (485) ... (501) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by warrikid(m): 10:35pm On Dec 02, 2014
justwise:

That will be counter productive as it will give room to plagiarism.
my thots exactly. Sorry 2 say,buh we have some really (mentally) lazy students from my experience. Let's play it safe pls.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by justwise(m): 10:36pm On Dec 02, 2014
pchax:

I see where you are coming from and I appreciate your response.

To start with, the SOPs would be redacted so if anyone wants to copy it verbatim it would be at his/her own detriment. Also, anyone who is ready to plagiarize a letter that is stating why he should be granted a Visa is not ready for that Visa. Rather than it giving room to plagiarism, I believe it would give people more ideas of how to go about writing an SOP. Cos as it stands now, not many people have access to SOPs so they have limited knowledge on what is acceptable and appropriate on an SOP.

Once again, thanks for raising that salient point.

It will be a grave mistake for anybody to post his/ her SOP openly here because people will copy it word to word and submit before the owner. SOP should be personal and private.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by redribs(m): 12:58am On Dec 03, 2014
@standupguy sorry about the refusal. I'm really shaken by the development cos trust me, watching an applicant right in front of you get hammered out is a really scary and discouraging sight...but God dey. Just like someone suggested already, you could reapply with the same docs (which btw I think were not bad) and your application will be approved. What to do now is to contact your school about the refusal and ask if you can be considered for the next available semester. You might need to pay a new application fee and fill a fresh app form but they will most likely still have your transcript so a decision will be reached in a few days or weeks. If that happens, I guess you can just wait it out will till then. Might seem like a long wait but you shouldn't let it bother u. Good things take time.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Anugoson(m): 2:33am On Dec 03, 2014
@ pchax...I appreciate ur open mindedness and rich idea cos it will help a lot of us in this forum,a proverb in my place says Uche onye adi njo (meaning someone's idea is not bad)but there are somethings we have to consider knowing fully well that this is a public forum,and u don't know who is who here...plagiarism is the major issue here and if u can remember during ur UG days how some people copy each others assignment word 2 word(copy and paste) some are even ready 2 copy the person's name too,I'm suggesting that the best thing to do here is to write out the STEPS to follow when writing SOPs for Visa and for supervisor,with that i believe that it will go a long way in helping us...Thanks

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by redribs(m): 2:34am On Dec 03, 2014
@pchax I understand your concern and the idea you are proposing. Using PMs (and emails) still can work...and is safer too. Using a cloud method simply brings back same issue you are trying to address; the problem of having so many advises and not knowing which is best to choose. I am of the school of thought that "you are the best composer of your SOP" because... well, it's your purpose and not anyone else's... only thing one could need help with is how to use the words technically and properly (punctuation and grammar edits, basically) and this can be gotten from friends, family and even anonymous friends here on the forum (using PMs and email).

I have also been analysing this rampant refusals because really, it is getting worrisome ... but contrary to your idea, addressing the SOP was not even on my list (maybe I'm missing something). First thing we should understand, is that, simply listing out docs submitted does not give a true and exact picture of our file. It only gives hints and ideas. Having said that, I prefer to play within the stated reason for refusal because... well, at least it points me in a direction to start with my analysis. The only reason I suspect that can emanate from an incoherent SOP will be "purpose of visit"...and that's not as common as the baba of all the reasons; "insufficient funds". Ok, maybe the letter of explanation might explain the financial docs to a clear perspective but if anything, I think being able to display sufficient funds from a reasonable sponsor can even be self-explanatory... as per u know? MONEY TALKS na.

Been trying really hard not to drop long posts these days because I dread my medicals not coming in this part 6 but since I've started lemme just kuku finish. Pardon my long talk, I'm a very expressive guy grin. Besides it might give good insight to people that have plans to apply.

So as I was saying, financial statements, as simple as they might seem, they can tell a lot about a person's financial behaviour. (Especially for the fact that the one CIC requires is over a stretch of 6 months). People are highly trained to be able to analyse these docs. I can imagine that these VOs are ACCA professionals and stuff. I'm just trying to point out that it's possible that these VOs actually do immerse themselves in these financial docs to the extent of getting really personal. Like they can use the financial docs submitted to make out a story that they think you are trying to portray and if a confusing part of the story can not be explained, they tell you they are "not convinced". That's what I suspect really happens. I even heard (but don't quote me o) that they also contact the banks during the processing time to verify the authenticity of the financial statement and as well as the funds/balance at different times because they are legally bound. It's a plausible thought because really, why else will it take so many weeks to process an application?

In summary sha, applicants should ensure a good bidirectional flow, a reasonable balance, a reasonable sponsor, an authentic sponsor's consent and lastly, ensure that the balance remains reasonable throughout the application process ... and this is where I think most people need to address. Also, if you are using a sponsor that you are not a direct dependant of, I suggest you try to pay your full tuition for a year and have some reasonable funds in your personal account to cover living expenses for the first few weeks/months.

Just my thoughts sha, cos really, I don't know sh*t.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by bighead1(m): 3:30am On Dec 03, 2014
akinmoj:

Yes...
i mean i sent you a PM
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Sodikworld(m): 3:46am On Dec 03, 2014
was so excited and didnt bother checkin my status again bro.... that's the heights
Cufs:

Thanks Sodikworld for that info. Went to get my passport today, but they said it has not arrived nija.

After you submitted your passport, were you sent an approval mail? Or your status just changed to passport dispatched??
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by YoboTerry(m): 4:08am On Dec 03, 2014
can someone please tell me how long it takes before schools in Canada notifies one whether he is admitted or not? Thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by rockinStrata: 4:17am On Dec 03, 2014
CANADA TO MURTALA MOHAMMED INTL AIRPORT...THEN MM1 TO ASABA OR OSUBI AIRPORT, DELTA STATE.

toucheli:
good day all, I'm trying to confirm where the closest international airport to delta state is, i'm considering flying from Canada to Delta state in a couple days time, anyone got an idea what my connecting route will be?? reply needed asap..thanks

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Holu26: 5:58am On Dec 03, 2014
Goodnews will be shared in this forum today

6 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by nesta007(m): 6:35am On Dec 03, 2014
Pls ur advise i have applied for student visa with canada twice and have been denied, I was denied at first because of low funds acc n when I re-applied funds were available but was denied second time cos I don't have travelling experience and that I might not come back. But my consultant(maple) told me to apply again but a friend told me they will still deny me if I apply the third time that I have to wait for a year to apply again please what do u think?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Nobody: 7:12am On Dec 03, 2014
GOOD MORNING HOUSE.
Am fully back on Nairaland.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by tnuola(f): 7:14am On Dec 03, 2014
nesta007:
Pls ur advise i have applied for student visa with canada twice and have been denied, I was denied at first because of low funds acc n when I re-applied funds were available but was denied second time cos I don't have travelling experience and that I might not come back. But my consultant(maple) told me to apply again but a friend told me they will still deny me if I apply the third time that I have to wait for a year to apply again please what do u think?

Hello, list the documents you submitted and the reasons given, so the house can help tackle and check out what went wrong

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Nobody: 7:19am On Dec 03, 2014
nesta007:
You can always reapply.
All you need is to do thorough assignment on your application, take time to repackage and carefully write a convincing SOP,which will include why travel history as never been necessary.
Travel history is not compulsory for student visa,but counts.
eg. AMEFRICA was initially refused for His first application, he reapplied by only rewriting he's SOP.
He was granted.
Goodluck.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Nobody: 7:22am On Dec 03, 2014
YoboTerry:
can someone please tell me how long it takes before schools in Canada notifies one whether he is admitted or not? Thanks
Different schools with different policy.
eg. Sault college took 5 working days.
Medicine hate college took 3 weeks.
Good luck.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by loladeoye: 7:23am On Dec 03, 2014
Haustraliah:
GOOD MORNING HOUSE.

@haustraliah we asked about ur 2 family members that got medicals recently and you didnt reply or say anything ...
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by redribs(m): 7:58am On Dec 03, 2014
Holu26:
Goodnews will be shared in this forum today

Amin o. I'm excited, anxious and hopeful at the same time. Looks like I'm next in line #phew.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by exxy(m): 8:07am On Dec 03, 2014
Haustraliah:
GOOD MORNING HOUSE.

welcome back bro!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by standupguy(m): 8:19am On Dec 03, 2014
redribs:
@standupguy sorry about the refusal. I'm really shaken by the development cos trust me, watching an applicant right in front of you get hammered out is a really scary and discouraging sight...but God dey. Just like someone suggested already, you could reapply with the same docs (which btw I think were not bad) and your application will be approved. What to do now is to contact your school about the refusal and ask if you can be considered for the next available semester. You might need to pay a new application fee and fill a fresh app form but they will most likely still have your transcript so a decision will be reached in a few days or weeks. If that happens, I guess you can just wait it out will till then. Might seem like a long wait but you shouldn't let it bother u. Good things take time.

Thanks bro, honestly I felt the weight of it this morning. After going through all my docs sha and considering that my older bro used only one of my sponsors for his, i could only conclude that the VO that handled my app is nut job.
My main headache now is getting a program, the one I applied with has only one intake per session and nothing closely related for May. The school has already offered to refund the tuition I paid.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Nobody: 8:25am On Dec 03, 2014
loladeoye:

@haustraliah we asked about ur 2 family members that got medicals recently and you didnt reply or say anything ...
loladeoye:
@haustraliah we asked about ur 2 family members that got medicals and you didnt reply or say anything ...
I was offline.that's why I wrote that am back.
They applied through Sault college.
bussines program and Natural environmental technology winter intake.
I covered loop holes and wrote a good sop.
I backed it all with prayer.

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Tsola6: 8:29am On Dec 03, 2014
I totally agree with u.
Money talks. Deres gotta be alot of money expecially wen the Sponsor isnt ur father or mother. They can understnd ur parent wanting to spend deir life savings to train u, but a strict VO might not understand y a brother or uncle or family friend wud want to spend half of deir life savings on u, expecially if dey ve deir own family i.e,other dependants. Dats my own tot tho.
redribs:
@pchax I understand your concern and the idea you are proposing. Using PMs (and emails) still can work...and is safer too. Using a cloud method simply brings back same issue you are trying to address; the problem of having so many advises and not knowing which is best to choose. I am of the school of thought that "you are the best composer of your SOP" because... well, it's your purpose and not anyone else's... only thing one could need help with is how to use the words technically and properly (punctuation and grammar edits, basically) and this can be gotten from friends, family and even anonymous friends here on the forum (using PMs and email).

I have also been analysing this rampant refusals because really, it is getting worrisome ... but contrary to your idea, addressing the SOP was not even on my list (maybe I'm missing something). First thing we should understand, is that, simply listing out docs submitted does not give a true and exact picture of our file. It only gives hints and ideas. Having said that, I prefer to play within the stated reason for refusal because... well, at least it points me in a direction to start with my analysis. The only reason I suspect that can emanate from an incoherent SOP will be "purpose of visit"...and that's not as common as the baba of all the reasons; "insufficient funds". Ok, maybe the letter of explanation might explain the financial docs to a clear perspective but if anything, I think being able to display sufficient funds from a reasonable sponsor can even be self-explanatory... as per u know? MONEY TALKS na.

Been trying really hard not to drop long posts these days because I dread my medicals not coming in this part 6 but since I've started lemme just kuku finish. Pardon my long talk, I'm a very expressive guy grin. Besides it might give good insight to people that have plans to apply.

So as I was saying, financial statements, as simple as they might seem, they can tell a lot about a person's financial behaviour. (Especially for the fact that the one CIC requires is over a stretch of 6 months). People are highly trained to be able to analyse these docs. I can imagine that these VOs are ACCA professionals and stuff. I'm just trying to point out that it's possible that these VOs actually do immerse themselves in these financial docs to the extent of getting really personal. Like they can use the financial docs submitted to make out a story that they think you are trying to portray and if a confusing part of the story can not be explained, they tell you they are "not convinced". That's what I suspect really happens. I even heard (but don't quote me o) that they also contact the banks during the processing time to verify the authenticity of the financial statement and as well as the funds/balance at different times because they are legally bound. It's a plausible thought because really, why else will it take so many weeks to process an application?

In summary sha, applicants should ensure a good bidirectional flow, a reasonable balance, a reasonable sponsor, an authentic sponsor's consent and lastly, ensure that the balance remains reasonable throughout the application process ... and this is where I think most people need to address. Also, if you are using a sponsor that you are not a direct dependant of, I suggest you try to pay your full tuition for a year and have some reasonable funds in your personal account to cover living expenses for the first few weeks/months.

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by standupguy(m): 8:47am On Dec 03, 2014
redribs:

Mr redribs
Nice insight but let me tell you why my app was a shock to everyone.
My sponsor is a senior banking offical with annual package of more than 8m, still single and blood siblibing,though balance was low, it was actually her salary account. co sponsor was a business owner with a very high volume of transaction in her business account and a fdp of 25m, Still blood sibling and single.
I am the last sibling and every other person in the family has a permanent good job including my bro who just finished his pdg has a good offical job in canny.
So insufficient funds was the last excuse anyone expected to be the reason for refusal.
My SOP i consider very brilliant because I addressed every aspect of my life and benefits of the program.
I read this thread everyday and i have reasons to believe that between sept and November the VOS got really harsh.
Which makes me beat myself why I didn't apply really early as i had my admission since may-june, i was waiting for a program from another school but when it wasn't forth coming,i decided to use what I already have.
Plus I felt I should let them treat sept applicants, now I know better.
I will give it one more try adding a few more things to my app and my sure there is liquid cash in the SOA.
We can only do what we can and hope for on God for the best.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by justwise(m): 8:57am On Dec 03, 2014
standupguy:

Mr redribs
My sponsor is a senior banking offical with annual package of more than 8m, still single and blood siblibing, though balance was low, it was actually her salary account. co sponsor was a business owner with a very high volume of transaction in her business account and a fdp of 25m, Still blood sibling and single.
I am the last sibling and every other person in the family has a permanent good job including my bro who just finished his pdg has a good offical job in canny.
So insufficient funds was the last excuse anyone expected to be the reason for refusal.
My SOP i consider very brilliant because I addressed every aspect of my life and benefits of the program.
I read this thread everyday and i have reasons to believe that between sept and November the VOS got really harsh.
Which makes me beat myself why I didn't apply really early as i had my admission since may-june, i was waiting for a program from another school but when it wasn't forth coming,i decided to use what I already have.
I will give it one more try adding a few more things to my app and my sure there is liquid cash in the SOA.
1. If she earns 8m a year and her account is running low what does that tell you?

2. If a business person has 25m in the account, how much of that money is actual profit?

3 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Tsola6: 9:02am On Dec 03, 2014
May God bless u
justwise:

1. If she earns 8m a year and her account is running low what does that tell you?

2. If a business person has 25m in the account, how much of that money is actual profit?

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by olamonsor2: 9:04am On Dec 03, 2014
@ nesta007.. ur friend dat said u shld wait for a year is ur enemy no1. Man re apply and work on ur documents. This is a forum we share testimonies.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Nobody: 9:10am On Dec 03, 2014
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Nobody: 9:11am On Dec 03, 2014
redribs:

sorry, but banks are not legally bound to disclose financial information different from balances shown on S.O.A's already submitted to embassies. they can be sued for that in the law courts.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by luvly3(f): 9:16am On Dec 03, 2014
standupguy:

Mr redribs
My sponsor is a senior banking offical with annual package of more than 8m, still single and blood siblibing,though balance was low, it was actually her salary account. co sponsor was a business owner with a very high volume of transaction in her business account and a fdp of 25m, Still blood sibling and single.

What course did u apply for.... An important factor is Course correlation and academic progression, I think @redribs missed that in his write up, also a proper explanation of any academic gap which including a CV would do...
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by olamonsor2: 9:16am On Dec 03, 2014
@ standupguy.. I will like to tell you that no matter how much your sponsor has, they dont care. Pls re check ur apps again bro
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by luvly3(f): 9:26am On Dec 03, 2014
standupguy:

Mr redribs

.... What did you use as your home tie? , u kinda need a strong home tie to naija considering u have ties in Canada already... If ur home tie isn't strong VO might think u won't come bk home especially for d fact dat ur brother is here in Canny

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Mcjimmy(m): 9:33am On Dec 03, 2014
PLS HOUSE IS IT ADVISABLE FOR SOMEONE THAT HAS BEEN DENIED TRV WITH ONE PARTICULAR SCHOOL's LOA TO REAPPLY WITH ANOTHER SCHOOL's LOA WITH DIFFERENT COURSE RELATED TO ONES DEGREE PROGRAM. WONT THIS RESULT TO ANOTHER REJECTION LETTER.. PLS I NEED INTELLIGENT CONTRIBUTION ON OPINION... THANKS

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by standupguy(m): 9:37am On Dec 03, 2014
justwise:

1. I provided a treasury bill of 10m that was due to mature in a week bought through her bank and certificate issued.

2. 25m was fixed deposit also due to mature in a week as at the time of my application.

You probably didn't read details of my app sha,
I provide both account SOA and fixed deposits of both sponsor and co sponsor.
Unless you are telling me that fixed deposit are not valid.

(1) (2) (3) ... (479) (480) (481) (482) (483) (484) (485) ... (501)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 / Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here / UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 103
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.