Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,752 members, 7,806,061 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 10:51 AM

Travelling To Canada Part 6 - Travel (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 6 (824745 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 7 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (501) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Nobody: 12:58am On Aug 12, 2014
Okay.. Thanks a lot

SavedbyYaweh:
Hello dear, i do not think providing ur SOA is compulsory since u're not the sponsor. In my case even though i was working i didn't provide my SOA cos of my balance and since i was not the main sponsor.
I only provided my employment letter, didn't even put a study leave letter but i'll soon get my TRV.
Well in all i would say every body's situation is different cos wat wrked for me may not wrk for u. Jst do ur very best and involve Baba God intensely, e dey do wonders oh. Cheers
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Nobody: 5:55am On Aug 12, 2014
kennycanny:

wao, you need your med letter as soon as now! May your med letter be released unto u very soon in Jesus name!

Amen! Thank you very much
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by justwise(m): 7:07am On Aug 12, 2014
charlesbussyyahoocom: Hello successful people,I'm happy to join this successful family,av registered for long here but I don't use to comment or ask questions but I use to read good testimonies...pls there is something bothering me that I want to know,I av a friend in Canada,we started processing working visa last year,he said he handed over my processing to one lawyer...and I thank God is DONE now despite the ups and down, he message me in the past 10 days that my document has been approved that my document is going to be dispatch soon wc I received a message from him today that I should be keeping in-touch with the address I use to register that It has been dispatched.....now my question is,are they going to bring it to the address I filled or they will call me with their number that I should come and meet them somewhere ? Pls I need advice.

grin grin
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by vinnygod: 7:08am On Aug 12, 2014
charlesbussyyahoocom: Hello successful people,I'm happy to join this successful family,av registered for long here but I don't use to comment or ask questions but I use to read good testimonies...pls there is something bothering me that I want to know,I av a friend in Canada,we started processing working visa last year,he said he handed over my processing to one lawyer...and I thank God is DONE now despite the ups and down, he message me in the past 10 days that my document has been approved that my document is going to be dispatch soon wc I received a message from him today that I should be keeping in-touch with the address I use to register that It has been dispatched.....now my question is,are they going to bring it to the address I filled or they will call me with their number that I should come and meet them somewhere ? Pls I need advice.
Like someone said d information u provided was inconclusive it lacks some vital info but from d little I understand I advice u keep track on d address u provided...that's where it will be sent....equally u can alert neighbors around d mailing address u filled to keep eye on any new mails that ur are expecting one .....hope it turns out good....goodluck....
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by emperoracro(m): 7:10am On Aug 12, 2014

This beats my imagination; Does CIC process Visa on proxy without applicants Biometrics or medicals?

Pls kindly explain all dat transpired btw u n ur frnd n d lawyer,so we can undastand more.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by emperoracro(m): 7:12am On Aug 12, 2014
justwise:

grin grin

Hahahahhahahaha Oga Justwise,y d smilies nw, abi u too follow confused?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by tokiniofficial(m): 7:36am On Aug 12, 2014
Just saying from experience, though I'm not an expert like you guys grin

justwise:

That is when you view your account online or on cash machine, but that is not the case with print out.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Nobody: 8:33am On Aug 12, 2014
tokiniofficial:

Omo if you see where I hide ma own TRV ehn...lol
Anybody when go near that area na suspect

grin grin E nor easy nah!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Nobody: 8:35am On Aug 12, 2014
PlayPays:
LOL! even if she gree sef i no go fit call her that kind thing. i respect women too much.

LOL! Na so - dem deserve our respect..
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Nobody: 8:36am On Aug 12, 2014
kruxit: Britiko...... u are needed! Amefrica tnx for d other day, Slimdel hw preparations...bin praying for ur cuz's applicatn

Welcome boss! smiley
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by diremi12(m): 9:20am On Aug 12, 2014
Good morning forum, I'm a 500 level student of agriculture in a Nigerian university, I plan to go to canada for a conference sometime on October . Here's the break down, I co-authored an abstract with my lecturer and it was accepted for presentation at the conference. We've both made payments for the conference and have a lot of supporting papers from the school. As for him he doesn't need much papers as he has a valid 4yrs US visa on his passport and he's been to the USA 3 times without eloping, but on my part I have a letter of introduction from my college, he invitation letter, school transcript and all other documents , but my question to the forum is, my father is supposed to be my sponsor and show proof of funds with his statement of account but he's current out of town and can't get me the statement but he did sent me 700k for the conference and I have about 400k of my own personal cash in the account. Is it okay to present my statement of account with an account balance of about 1.2m? Pls someone should help me ASAP I plan to go to the vfs office with my don today. Thanks
Pls note that my university VC is willing to send an email on our behalf to the high commissioner, as they are good friends too.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by kennycanny: 9:54am On Aug 12, 2014
diremi12: Good morning forum, I'm a 500 level student of agriculture in a Nigerian university, I plan to go to canada for a conference sometime on October . Here's the break down, I co-authored an abstract with my lecturer and it was accepted for presentation at the conference. We've both made payments for the conference and have a lot of supporting papers from the school. As for him he doesn't need much papers as he has a valid 4yrs US visa on his passport and he's been to the USA 3 times without eloping, but on my part I have a letter of introduction from my college, he invitation letter, school transcript and all other documents , but my question to the forum is, my father is supposed to be my sponsor and show proof of funds with his statement of account but he's current out of town and can't get me the statement but he did sent me 700k for the conference and I have about 400k of my own personal cash in the account. Is it okay to present my statement of account with an account balance of about 1.2m? Pls someone should help me ASAP I plan to go to the vfs office with my don today. Thanks

I think you have a very good chance of success in your application provided you do not allow any loophole for flimsy excuse for refusal.
Most importantly your school supporting documents should be tight.
It would have been better if your dad has not sent the 700k to your account, but at it is now you will need to explain to them that the money was transferred to you by your dad to sponsor d conference.
it ll be very fine if your dad can send you a letter of authorisation by email to his bank to collect his bank statements .
Your dad can also send you a letter of sponsorship by e-mail, then if you have access to his business documents u can had it to be water tight.

Pls note, Visa officers does not usually look for reason to approve a visa, but good excuse to refuse.

3 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by iseethegoal: 10:02am On Aug 12, 2014
codebreaker: I applied on the 16th of July.. This is probably the week I know wassup.. Speak a word of prayer for a G.. Wishing you all bliss and joy this week.. God will not fail

I applied on the 7th and had my bio on the 8th no word yet too. Just believing God. So seems the feedback is delayed now as four weeks has passed in my case. Someone on this thread seems to have same issues too
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by toucheli(m): 10:12am On Aug 12, 2014
Slimdel:
Most people here won't understand what you mean by those words you said in part5 but I do and that's why I'm gonna tell you though it's late to just bite your tongue and swallow it, like I always do, I understand perfectly cause I knew when you added him, I just choose not to talk most times.

@chichi89 I saw your pm I will reply ASAP, how you doing.
i know right but you meant, when he added me, i'm not surprise thou, i was only disappointed.. but however, let the past be the past, like you said part 5 wink ..so tell me, how's it going over there? i mean you new location? smiley
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Nobody: 10:13am On Aug 12, 2014
Pls your assistant is needed. If you are submitting app by paper route how many applications do you fill and. Which ones?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by ElCapt: 10:13am On Aug 12, 2014
diremi12: Good morning forum, I'm a 500 level student of agriculture in a Nigerian university, I plan to go to canada for a conference sometime on October . Here's the break down, I co-authored an abstract with my lecturer and it was accepted for presentation at the conference. We've both made payments for the conference and have a lot of supporting papers from the school. As for him he doesn't need much papers as he has a valid 4yrs US visa on his passport and he's been to the USA 3 times without eloping, but on my part I have a letter of introduction from my college, he invitation letter, school transcript and all other documents , but my question to the forum is, my father is supposed to be my sponsor and show proof of funds with his statement of account but he's current out of town and can't get me the statement but he did sent me 700k for the conference and I have about 400k of my own personal cash in the account. Is it okay to present my statement of account with an account balance of about 1.2m? Pls someone should help me ASAP I plan to go to the vfs office with my don today. Thanks
Pls note that my university VC is willing to send an email on our behalf to the high commissioner, as they are good friends too.

Morning.

Considering @bolded and the fact that you are still a student, why don't you explain your situation to your lecturer maybe he can help you get your school's statement of account and the letter of sponsorship from your VC instead of the email.

They can act as your sponsor although you will be sponsoring your self. I have been in a similar situation before and that's exactly what I did.

It's just to make the whole thing easy for you.

No harm in trying smiley

Cheers.

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by toucheli(m): 10:17am On Aug 12, 2014
tokiniofficial: toucheli : Eli sup with you na, the stuff we discussed I still have you in mind though I'm not sure from my side, so from 20th of this month I'll holla you grin
Sure buddy, just take it easy.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Nobody: 10:20am On Aug 12, 2014
Please someone help me out. I just finished nysc and want to go for my masters preferably in Canada. I am a graduate of finance and banking from university of port Harcourt. What school is best for me, how much will it cost me say from flight, tuition fee etc. And can I be working in Canada? Please help a brother .what process should I start first.thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by toucheli(m): 10:31am On Aug 12, 2014

[quote author=ElCapt]

Morning.

Considering @bolded and the fact that you are still a student, why don't you explain your situation to your lecturer maybe he can help you get your school's statement of account and the letter of sponsorship from your VC instead of the email.

They can act as your sponsor although you will be sponsoring your self...
Just what i was about to suggest. Furthermore, having your school as your sponsor makes it look more formal, with a letter of approval by your parent/guardian, your chances are pretty-much higher. speaking of which, you didn't tell how long the conference will take? in other words, how long you intend staying in Canada for the event..
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by ElCapt: 10:35am On Aug 12, 2014
tebirim: Please someone help me out. I just finished nysc and want to go for my masters preferably in Canada. I am a graduate of finance and banking from university of port Harcourt. What school is best for me, how much will it cost me say from flight, tuition fee etc. And can I be working in Canada? Please help a brother .what process should I start first.thanks

Hey.

There is no fixed amount for flight and tuition, but maintenance is around 10k CAD. You will have to narrow down the schools based on your course.

>>>> www.aucc.ca is a good place to start.

Yes, you can work part time while studying and full time when on holidays.

Cheers

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by diremi12(m): 10:39am On Aug 12, 2014
Thanks for the response @elcapt and @bolded, you know Nigerian banks are theses days. We'll as par documents from father's investment I'm a director aboard his oil and gas business and a very active one along side my studies. I'll post some pics on here for a few minutes before I take them down. I have 2 houses of my own too, is it okay to include their documents too? To be honest I'm not interested in the conference too much, I ready want to widen my horizon and diversify my business after college. Thank you
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by diremi12(m): 10:45am On Aug 12, 2014
@toucheli 3 weeks maximum, I've got project to round up. I'm due to graduate in about 10 months smiley
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by toucheli(m): 10:48am On Aug 12, 2014
tebirim: Please someone help me out. I just finished nysc and want to go for my masters preferably in Canada. I am a graduate of finance and banking from university of port Harcourt. What school is best for me, how much will it cost me say from flight, tuition fee etc. And can I be working in Canada? Please help a brother .what process should I start first.thanks
bro take it one step at a time, Firstly, do some research on the canadian university you want, with estimated tuition fee, this should help http://www.aucc.ca/canadian-universities/facts-and-stats/tuition-fees-by-university/ go to the school website for validation, do some comparisons according to your taste of preferences such as; tuition cost, degree offered, location, and other flexibilities.. Evaluate, get to a conclusion.. then you can come make other inquiries eventually, fair enough?

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by ElCapt: 11:01am On Aug 12, 2014
diremi12: Thanks for the response @elcapt and @bolded, you know Nigerian banks are theses days. We'll as par documents from father's investment I'm a director aboard his oil and gas business and a very active one along side my studies. I'll post some pics on here for a few minutes before I take them down. I have 2 houses of my own too, is it okay to include their documents too? To be honest I'm not interested in the conference too much, I ready want to widen my horizon and diversify my business after college. Thank you

Sure.

Although those investment docs will only prove useful if you intend using you dad as sponsor meaning you have to provide his SOA too.

You are still a student, self sponsorship can complicate your visa app.

Trying the school sponsorship thingy and lets see.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by toucheli(m): 11:10am On Aug 12, 2014
diremi12: @toucheli 3 weeks maximum, I've got project to round up. I'm due to graduate in about 10 months smiley
Good LOI On track, get a bank statement, Attestation of birth from NPC, if the school accept to sponsor you then they should provide an Affidavit of Support on the school's later headed paper, however, if the school declines, then you might as well get a Notarized Affidavit of Support from your parent, stating you got their approval and that they are willing to fund the trip/event. All the best bro.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Nobody: 11:15am On Aug 12, 2014
Thanks I'll give it a try.
ElCapt:

Hey.

There is no fixed amount for flight and tuition, but maintenance is around 10k CAD. You will have to narrow down the schools based on your course.

>>>> www.aucc.ca is a good place to start.

Yes, you can work part time while studying and full time when on holidays.

Cheers

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Nobody: 11:17am On Aug 12, 2014
Thanks bro.
toucheli:
bro take it one step at a time, Firstly, do some research on the canadian university you want, with estimated tuition fee, this should help http://www.aucc.ca/canadian-universities/facts-and-stats/tuition-fees-by-university/ go to the school website for validation, do some comparisons according to your taste of preferences such as; tuition cost, degree offered, location, and other flexibilities.. Evaluate, get to a conclusion.. then you can come make other inquiries eventually, fair enough?

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by toucheli(m): 11:27am On Aug 12, 2014
tebirim: Thanks bro.
just a piece of advice. Apparently i'm in Manitoba, but with regards to Opportunities(well paid part-time jobs, permanent residence..) i'll advice you look into Schools in either Ontario, Alberta or Calgary..

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Nobody: 11:36am On Aug 12, 2014
iseethegoal:

I applied on the 7th and had my bio on the 8th no word yet too. Just believing God. So seems the feedback is delayed now as four weeks has passed in my case. Someone on this thread seems to have same issues too

Oh wow! Yours for don commot tho.. Met a chic who applied for visit on the 7th and did bio on 17th and her own came out like on the 1st.. Stay positive! God dey
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by toucheli(m): 11:38am On Aug 12, 2014
i just hope and pray is not what i'm thinking, Who is doing the delivery?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Lifzuz: 12:04pm On Aug 12, 2014
hi house, I am applying for a course in collage of northern Atlantic and I don't know where to run those English test in Lagos... pls any with info....
And I don't know if 3million can run a year course thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by twoc: 12:10pm On Aug 12, 2014
Amefrica:

I'm still very much around, boss. I full ground wella! grin
hi pls I want to ask your opinion about paying tuition to school accounts from Nigeria. I went to my bank and was told I have to pay like 5 different fees and fill 'form A 'before they can send my fees. pls any other cheaper means. I was told the western union transfer don't work in Nigeria. pls I need to confirm cos its sure cheaper. what other means do u suggest.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (501)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 / Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here / UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.