Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,897 members, 7,802,892 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 02:02 AM

Israel's Attacks In Gaza Town 'A War Crime' Cc"icc - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Israel's Attacks In Gaza Town 'A War Crime' Cc"icc (1034 Views)

I Will Lead A War Against Apc Like Ojukwu-wike / 615 Terrorist killed In Both Air And Ground Attacks In Sambista Forest - Pic / Breaking! Igbo Jews To Organize Rally In Support Of Israel War In Gaza (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Israel's Attacks In Gaza Town 'A War Crime' Cc"icc by Nobody: 6:00pm On Aug 10, 2014
Witnesses say Israeli soldiers used Palestinians as
human shields and fired on civilians in Khuza'a in
southern Gaza.
Khuza’a, Gaza Strip - An Israeli bulldozer crushed
the outside of Mohammed Khalil al-Najjar’s home,
pushing rubble through his kitchen. Dozens of Israeli
soldiers then entered his home, many of them
masked, moving from room to room, weapons in-
hand.
"We are 14 family members inside this home, all
civilian women and children, in addition to my two
boys," al-Najjar screamed to the army commanders
in Hebrew, a language he mastered over 30 years as
a construction worker in Israel.
"I have built in Israel more than you," he added, as
the soldiers ignored his pleas.
"I want safe haven for my 14 family members," the
57-year-old eventually told the soldiers, four hours
after they first entered his home. Moments later, al-
Najjar told Al Jazeera, the Israeli soldiers used the
family as human shields - walking behind them
through the streets of Khuza’a, a small town in
southern Gaza.
The soldiers, al-Najjar said, told him to "take the
women and go to Khan Younis, Rafah, or anywhere".
Al-Najjar returned to his home during a short-lived
ceasefire in Gaza between Israel and Hamas that
expired on Friday. Israeli troops had ransacked his
home, and destroyed all the family’s furniture and
possessions.
RELATED: Gaza fishermen demand end to
blockade
According to the United Nations, at least 1,922
Palestinians have been killed, and 9,806 others
injured since Israel's military operation in the Gaza
Strip began on July 8. Sixty-four Israeli soldiers have
also been killed, along with two Israeli civilians and a
Thai worker.
The Israeli military launched a ground invasion into
Khuza'a, a town of about 10,000 residents near the
city of Khan Younis, not far from the border with
Israel, on July 23.
The Israeli army fired on and killed dozens of civilians
in Khuza’a during the ground offensive, human rights
groups have reported, with some calling the attacks
that were launched between July 23 and 25
" apparent violations of the laws of war".
The Israeli army reportedly warned Khuza'a residents
to leave the area, but many residents were trapped
in the town as it was under heavy Israeli shelling.
Israeli air strikes hit many civilian homes, and
destroyed the local mosque. A parademic attempting
to evacuate wounded Palestinians and remove dead
bodies from Khuza'a was killed by Israeli fire,
according to the Red Cross.
"Warning families to flee fighting doesn’t make them
fair targets... because they’re unable to do so, and
deliberately attacking them is a war crime," said
Sarah Leah Whitson, Middle East and North Africa
director at Human Rights Watch.
The Israeli army did not respond to Al Jazeera's
repeated requests for comment in time for
publication.
Between 70-100 residents were arrested at this
checkpoint, Wishah said, and transferred to a
makeshift interrogation centre on the Israeli side of
the Gaza-Israel border. For many, the detention
lasted at least three days.
"I think the aim of this huge destruction was to make
some sort of deterrence to the whole Khan Younis
area," Wishah told Al Jazeera, explaining that control
of the Khuza'a area would divide the Gaza Strip into
two parts, one north and one south.
"[Future] inquiry committees and investigation
committees will easily find verification that not [only]
war crimes, but crimes against humanity and ethnic
cleansing [were] committed. It was committed
indiscriminately," Wishah said.
RELATED: Gaza under fire - One month on
Israeli soldiers arrested two of al-Najjar’s children,
Baker and Saad, along with two of their cousins. HRW
estimated that about 100 Palestinians from Khuza’a
were arrested on July 23, most of them boys and men
over the age of 15.
Israeli troops reportedly forced the imam of the
town’s main mosque at gunpoint to announce via
loudspeakers - "Surrender yourself to the Israeli army
and you will be safe" - to draw the men out of their
homes.
"They forced us to sit on the ground under the hot
sun for about an hour," recalled Baker, 29. "All of us,
together, from the same neighbourhood, have
nothing to do with the resistance."
The soldiers took the men to an unknown
destination, and made them strip down to their
underwear, Baker said. They were then handcuffed
and blindfolded for five days, he added.
Baker told Al Jazeera that one of the soldiers shouted,
"Sit on your ass or I’ll shoot you", and he was forced
to sit on hot sand against his bare backside.
His brother, Saad, was forced to sit on hot pavement.
"The night was freezing cold, and we were naked
except for our underwear," Saad, 23, said.
"Every night, after sitting for the past five nights, we
slept in a sitting position. They woke us up two to
three times each night. We were handcuffed for 24
hours," Saad added.
The brothers were released from Israeli detention and
dropped off at the Erez crossing, in the northern Gaza
Strip. From there, they said they were picked up by
the International Committee of the Red Cross, and
driven back to Khan Younis. Their two cousins remain
missing, and the family hasn’t received any
information on their whereabouts.
Baker, who is soon to be married, said he lost
everything from his now-destroyed home in Khuza’a.
"Even the $2,000 I kept in the safe for our wedding
expenses was stolen by the Israeli troops," he said,
adding that Israeli soldiers left only a stack of plastic
handcuffs behind.
"We had no phone, water, electricity - no way of
connecting [to] anyone," Baker, who is traumatised
by his experience and speaks very little, told Al
Jazeera. "My [skin] is still burning from that hot sun
Re: Israel's Attacks In Gaza Town 'A War Crime' Cc"icc by Nobody: 6:36pm On Aug 10, 2014
Zionist have no regard for human rights
Re: Israel's Attacks In Gaza Town 'A War Crime' Cc"icc by Nobody: 7:00pm On Aug 10, 2014
Na now Una knw?

Trash!
Re: Israel's Attacks In Gaza Town 'A War Crime' Cc"icc by hushmail: 7:34pm On Aug 10, 2014
all these human rights activists

where dem dey when Hamas abduct 3 Israeli teenagers

that started the current tension?

Now dem say Naija army the beat BH suspects

Abeg in war everything is fair

3 Likes

Re: Israel's Attacks In Gaza Town 'A War Crime' Cc"icc by lilprinze: 8:08pm On Aug 10, 2014
nxt tym gaza or hamas won't joke wit fire israel iz killing dem lyk chickenz nw dy r complaining nd crying.
Re: Israel's Attacks In Gaza Town 'A War Crime' Cc"icc by Nobody: 8:21pm On Aug 10, 2014
hushmail: all these human rights activists

where dem dey when Hamas abduct 3 Israeli teenagers

that started the current tension?

Now dem say Naija army the beat BH suspects

Abeg in war everything is fair
Its fair to blow up a united nations school with children in it abi?
Re: Israel's Attacks In Gaza Town 'A War Crime' Cc"icc by cjrane: 8:30pm On Aug 10, 2014
grin grin grin grin grin cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
[size=16pt]When Hamas and Arabs rocket Israeli homes and kill their kids in bed, it is peace crimes right?, cc: "Green Peace" grin
But when Israeli army defend their people against the terrorists, it is war crime, cc "icc" right?

Typical Boko Haram mentality to use civilization tenets against civilized people when it suites their murderous purpose, but they will typically behave like barbarians who are bound by no rules of the civilized world.

Same way many Northerners want compensation for killed BH terrorists who were killed while fighting the army, but no compensation for innocent people murdered by BH in their homes, motor parks and churches. Nor is there even any talk of compensation for the soldiers that lost their life in the hands of BH.[/size] grin

9 Likes

Re: Israel's Attacks In Gaza Town 'A War Crime' Cc"icc by hushmail: 9:09pm On Aug 10, 2014
Reski: Its fair to blow up a united nations school with children in it abi?

honestly its not fair; bombs going off in Nyanya is not fair

but if Hamas decides to fire at Israel from a UN school building filled with children

Israel has no alternative than to dislodge them.

i still say Hamas started this tension

1 Like

Re: Israel's Attacks In Gaza Town 'A War Crime' Cc"icc by Nobody: 9:43pm On Aug 10, 2014
Isreal doesn't. Want a free and independent palestine
Re: Israel's Attacks In Gaza Town 'A War Crime' Cc"icc by cjrane: 9:50pm On Aug 10, 2014
bloodyassassin: And you call this what?

https://www.nairaland.com/1850405/shocking-pics-isis-behead-christian

Don't mind the baggers! grin

1 Like

Re: Israel's Attacks In Gaza Town 'A War Crime' Cc"icc by Nobody: 10:37pm On Aug 10, 2014
cjrane:

Don't mind the baggers! grin
obama is responsible for creating ISIL
Re: Israel's Attacks In Gaza Town 'A War Crime' Cc"icc by gists: 11:17pm On Aug 10, 2014
bloodyassassin: And you call this what?

https://www.nairaland.com/1850405/shocking-pics-isis-behead-christian

ISIS is already been dealt with by the US air strikes. ISIS is an enemy to many (even arab nations) countries in that region trying to carve out an Islamic state from Iraq, Syria etc. The terror of ISIS in Iraq et al has absolutely nothing to do with HAMAS and ISRAEL.

Hamas has absolutely every right to demand for stoppage of Israeli occupation, blockade of Int'l aide by Israel and a halt to increasing Israel's construction on their land. BUT it does not have any right what-so-ever to fire rockets into Israel. May be its a desperate move out of frustration but it is a crime nonetheless and must be condemned. For there to be a lasting peace, one of the conditions must be that the rockets must stop.

Israel has absolutely every right to protect itself and her citizen. But it does not have the right to commit mass murder. How do you explain firing at UN building with children inside? If the building was harbouring hamas's rockets wouldn't UN have known? The UN (which is essentially US - the prime supporter and financier of Israel) would have come out with concrete evidence to nail hamas if this was true. But they have not come to support that claim. How do you explain taking six young men into a bathroom and killing them in cold bold? Unfortunately for those thinking Israel will face war crime, this is unlikely to happen as long as US remains world power (The amount of financial/military aide US give to Israel alone is more that what comes to the whole of Africa combined).

The problem with most of Nigerian xtians is that they support any Israeli action no matter how cruel/gruesome it may be even when Israel itself admits to such terror (like it happened in the last conflict when score of children were killed in a school by IDF air strike and Israel herself apologized) - It was just Nigerian chirstians in the whole world that still went ahead to justify the action.
Re: Israel's Attacks In Gaza Town 'A War Crime' Cc"icc by cjrane: 11:58pm On Aug 10, 2014
gists:

[s]ISIS is already been dealt with by the US air strikes. ISIS is an enemy to many (even arab nations) countries in that region trying to carve out an Islamic state from Iraq, Syria etc. The terror of ISIS in Iraq et al has absolutely nothing to do with HAMAS and ISRAEL.

Hamas has absolutely every right to demand for stoppage of Israeli occupation, blockade of Int'l aide by Israel and a halt to increasing Israel's construction on their land. BUT it does not have any right what-so-ever to fire rockets into Israel. May be its a desperate move out of frustration but it is a crime nonetheless and must be condemned. For there to be a lasting peace, one of the conditions must be that the rockets must stop.

Israel has absolutely every right to protect itself and her citizen. But it does not have the right to commit mass murder. How do you explain firing at UN building with children inside? If the building was harbouring hamas's rockets wouldn't UN have known? The UN (which is essentially US - the prime supporter and financier of Israel) would have come out with concrete evidence to nail hamas if this was true. But they have not come to support that claim. How do you explain taking six young men into a bathroom and killing them in cold bold? Unfortunately for those thinking Israel will face war crime, this is unlikely to happen as long as US remains world power (The amount of financial/military aide US give to Israel alone is more that what comes to the whole of Africa combined).

The problem with most of Nigerian xtians is that they support any Israeli action no matter how cruel/gruesome it may be even when Israel itself admits to such terror (like it happened in the last conflict when score of children were killed in a school by IDF air strike and Israel herself apologized) - It was just Nigerian Christians in the whole world that still went ahead to justify the action[/s].
Crap!
Save your jaundiced and biased preaching for those who don't know you.
The problem with Nigerian Muslims is that they will blindly support any Islamic terror groups even when they are committing heinous crimes against humanity. Yet, they will be the first to proclaim that Islam is a religion of PEACE Piss.
Imagine them supporting ISIS and Hamas because the terrorists were against Jews and Christians. The same way they have supported Boko Haram because they viewed the victims as largely Christians. Yeye dey smell.

3 Likes

Re: Israel's Attacks In Gaza Town 'A War Crime' Cc"icc by gists: 1:35am On Aug 11, 2014
cjrane:
Crap!
Save your jaundiced and biased preaching for those who don't know you.
The problem with Nigerian Muslims is that they will blindly support any Islamic terror groups even when they are committing heinous crimes against humanity. Yet, they will be the first to proclaim that Islam is a religion of PEACE Piss.
Imagine them supporting ISIS and Hamas because the terrorists were against Jews and Christians. The same way they have supported Boko Haram because they viewed the victims as largely Christians. Yeye dey smell.

phool!!
Where in my post or even in my profile did I ever support/defend BH or ISIS (a terror group that according to some conspiracy theorist is sponsored by zionist movement). DON'T YOU EVER IN YOUR LIFE EVER QUOTE ME AGAIN IF YOU ARE UNCAPABLE OF RATIONAL/UNBIASED THINKING.

I made it categorically clear that ISIS is being dealt with by the US air strike and that it is even an enemy to a number of arab countries. The last time I tuned to CNN, Obama was on the phone with King Abullah on how to curb ISIS advancements in a bid to save some minority group targeted by ISIS. I guess my crime now is that I dared to say that "The terror of ISIS in Iraq et al has absolutely nothing to do with HAMAS and ISRAEL". But in your hitler incarnate mind, the massacre in gaza is justified because of ISIS terror activities even though ISIS is also threat to those Islamic nations.

I also made it clear that Hamas has no right to fire rockets into Israel and not only did I called it a crime, I also said it must stop before peace can return. Obviously, me calling Hamas's rocket firing into israel a crime is not enough for you until I call on idf to exterminate them because in your wrapped anti-islam mind the palestinians are not humans and they don't deserve to live -right?

It is either the laziness in you did not let you even read my post/check my profile or the usual Nigerian nairaland xtian mentality of any anti-israel statement is evil no matter how just the statement is. If you care to know, the US herself (the sole financier and supporter of Israel) has on several occasions cautioned israel for her excesses even in this current conflict while evil men like you are here trying to justify what CNN called an UNDEFENDABLE ACTION.
Re: Israel's Attacks In Gaza Town 'A War Crime' Cc"icc by SamIkenna: 4:55am On Aug 11, 2014
Hypocrisy seems to be alive and well in Islamic communities. Unfortunately, in Nigerian Muslim communities this regrettable hypocrisy seems to be in overdrive.

Nigerian Muslims seem to be implacably and passionately up in arms whenever Palestine or Arab/America/Israel issue comes up, yet they've not for once been up in arms with equal passion and zeal when it comes to the endless murder and mayhem going on in the middle belt, or the cyclical killing of southerners and non-Muslim in the core north by their foot-soldiers that later morphed into Boko Haram.

They criticize Israel yet they're blind to the death they've spread in Nigeria, especially the Middle Belt, since 1945. I have no doubt that Israelis "crime" against "unarmed" Palestinians pales in comparison to the hell non-Muslim/MB Nigerians have been catching. Unless humanity agrees that one should worry more about foreign rather than local event then I'm at lost as to why Israel, America, or Europe should give me headache while there's a local unbearable migraine fixing to dry-swallow me. The Muslim world/Muslim North criticize Israel and all Western countries for Judeo/Christian conspiracy against Palestine, and by extension Islamic faith. But on the other hand they freely welcome Chad, Mali, and Niger republic nationals into their 'vanguard' of anti-christian force that decimates Nigerians from Taraba all the way to Calabar with unconscionable impunity.

I ask - where is Nigerian Muslims outrage on the everyday plight of Nigerian non-Muslims resident in the North. Don't they deserve the same air-time and protest time Nigerian Muslims devote to issues 4000 miles away from Nigerian shores? Well, if by way of Houdini you argue that Nigerian Muslims only engage in foreign events then what about Iraqi and Syrian Christians that're being impaled in broad-daylight by Muslim fanatics? Where is Muslim outrage? And in case you use American involvement in Syria and Iraq as excuse for the radicalization of ISIS men then I wonder what excuse you intend to use for Egypt considering the upsurge in persecution and violence against Egyptian Coptic Christians. What about the recent agony of Meriam Ibrahim in the hands of Islamic Sudan? The list goes on and on. When will the Muslim world, especially Nigerian Muslims, raise their voices in defense of non-Muslim rights and freedom?

This is why I neither join nor take seriously any Islamic driven hate-fest against Israel or the West. Its even worse when I see Muslim north devote unprecedented time and energy on foreign issues - time and energy they refuse to employ in the home-front against the unending killings of Nigerian non-Muslims and peoples of MB.

3 Likes

Re: Israel's Attacks In Gaza Town 'A War Crime' Cc"icc by Nobody: 6:42am On Aug 11, 2014

1 Like

Re: Israel's Attacks In Gaza Town 'A War Crime' Cc"icc by stanech: 7:26am On Aug 11, 2014
Reski: Its fair to blow up a united nations school with children in it abi?

Why will the children be in school in the first place when bombs are dropping on them..?

Same way chibok girls were writing Waec in the midst of terror. Yeye they smell

There's no difference between ISLAM and modern day terror.

3 Likes

Re: Israel's Attacks In Gaza Town 'A War Crime' Cc"icc by gists: 8:55am On Aug 11, 2014
stanech:

Why will the children be in school in the first place when bombs are dropping on them..?

You fail to realise that schools & hospitals are places they run to to seel refuge hoping it will be spared by air strikes. Who told you they were in class learning when bombs landed on them. They were simply seeking refuge in a place that should not have been harmed by a sane idf.

After people are confronted by irrutable facts and confronted about the attrocities of Israel in Gaza, they usually resort hiding behind this hypocracy tactics and asking why are nigerian muslims more interested in international religious issues and we are less concerned about the attrocities of some anti-islamic groups that calls themselve muslims commit at home.

Some of us are used this face-saving reverse gear motion and are not surprised. But sometime I wonder why people will just prefer to display their ignorance on the internet. I mean this record will be there for life (barring any data loss). The fact that people make forum posts mean they have access to the internet which by extension mean you have access to google. But it amazes me when supposedly educated people ignorantly asserted that Nigerian muslims kept mute when terror atrocities were meted on non-muslims by so called jihadists. Let us even assume you didn't get the opportunity to see the condemnation on the news or read the newspaper releases what about the ones that are permanently available on the internet which a simple google search would have generously made available.

There have been countless statement of condemnations by nigeria muslim community against such henious crimes in the past and even at the on going national conference. Even the sultan of sokoto added his voice - so also did the muslim community in south west. In the 2011 election violence, there was a popular story of a northern muslim guy that risked his life to save some people (compared to a certain punk-headed religious leader in this country that calls its members to carry arms). Yet someone still ask in 2014 with all the resources available where have muslims been. Of course I know all these is never enough because it was just a handful of muslim groups and elders that voiced their condemnations. Until every muslim come out to condemn some people will not be pacified.

However, having said that I personally don't subscribe to the idea of calling any sect or group (religious or ethnic) to condemn an act of terror.That's because as far as I am concerned it just plain irresponsible. What responsible government world-over does is to roll up their sleeves go after the terror group and deploy the full military action against them and back it up by making it economically unattractive for others who may be considering joining such groups. Can you imagine US asking Saudi and the muslim world to condemn the terror activities of Osama or in the present case imagine Israel calling Egypt and other arab countries to call hamas to order. Every responsible government will roll up their sleeves and go after the terror group. But no, in our case we criticise the muslim community for not calling on the terrorist to stop as if that's going to change anything. If cameroon can deal with BH on their side, how come Nigerian army can't do the same? We prefer to look for excuses for the government that have the control of the security agencies who prefers to deploy troops to election polling centers instead of the terrorists in Sambisa. That amounts to treating ringworm while leaving leprosy as we say in south west (yes to those that may be surprised, I am Yoruba man not a northerner as some have again erroneously concluded).
Re: Israel's Attacks In Gaza Town 'A War Crime' Cc"icc by stanech: 9:36am On Aug 11, 2014
gists:
You fail to realise that schools & hospitals are places they run to to seel refuge hoping it will be spared by air strikes. Who told you they were in class learning when bombs landed on them. They were simply seeking refuge in a place that should not have been harmed by a sane idf.

After people are confronted by irrutable facts and confronted about the attrocities of Israel in Gaza, they usually resort hiding behind this hypocracy tactics and asking why are nigerian muslims more interested in international religious issues and we are less concerned about the attrocities of some anti-islamic groups that calls themselve muslims commit at home.

Some of us are used this face-saving reverse gear motion and are not surprised. But sometime I wonder why people will just prefer to display their ignorance on the internet. I mean this record will be there for life (barring any data loss). The fact that people make forum posts mean they have access to the internet which by extension mean you have access to google. But it amazes me when supposedly educated people ignorantly asserted that Nigerian muslims kept mute when terror atrocities were meted on non-muslims by so called jihadists. Let us even assume you didn't get the opportunity to see the condemnation on the news or read the newspaper releases what about the ones that are permanently available on the internet which a simple google search would have generously made available.

There have been countless statement of condemnations by nigeria muslim community against such henious crimes in the past and even at the on going national conference. Even the sultan of sokoto added his voice - so also did the muslim community in south west. In the 2011 election violence, there was a popular story of a northern muslim guy that risked his life to save some people (compared to a certain punk-headed religious leader in this country that calls its members to carry arms). Yet someone still ask in 2014 with all the resources available where have muslims been. Of course I know all these is never enough because it was just a handful of muslim groups and elders that voiced their condemnations. Until every muslim come out to condemn some people will not be pacified.

However, having said that I personally don't subscribe to the idea of calling any sect or group (religious or ethnic) to condemn an act of terror.That's because as far as I am concerned it just plain irresponsible. What responsible government world-over does is to roll up their sleeves go after the terror group and deploy the full military action against them and back it up by making it economically unattractive for others who may be considering joining such groups. Can you imagine US asking Saudi and the muslim world to condemn the terror activities of Osama or in the present case imagine Israel calling Egypt and other arab countries to call hamas to order. Every responsible government will roll up their sleeves and go after the terror group. But no, in our case we criticise the muslim community for not calling on the terrorist to stop as if that's going to change anything. If cameroon can deal with BH on their side, how come Nigerian army can't do the same? We prefer to look for excuses for the government that have the control of the security agencies who prefers to deploy troops to election polling centers instead of the terrorists in Sambisa. That amounts to treating ringworm while leaving leprosy as we say in south west (yes to those that may be surprised, I am Yoruba man not a northerner as some have again erroneously concluded).

Tell me how the government can fight terror when many nothern muslims support them. Some even see them as freedom fighters and all that.

Israel has not done half of what ISIS is doing in Iraq but the world has turned a deaf ear. Many christians are being killed as we speak no one is crying foul play. It is still the same US (hated by the muslim world) that is taking it upon itself to control the situation.

The muslims has carried out more crime against humanity than any other body in recent times but are quick to run to the ICJ or ICC when they are served the same hot soup.

I say it again muslim or islam is not a true religion because it seems to dominate and force others to follow its laws. Have you ever ask yourself why muslim law (sharia) is practised in muslim countries and christian laws not practised in christian dominated countries?

Christianity separates religion from politics allow everyone to choose their mode of worship provided it doesn't affect others negatively. Chinas may religion is Buddhism, India hinduism, italy christianity but they still tolerate other religion among them. so why does Islam force everyone to worship their mohammed and see anyone wh doesn't worship allah as an infidel?

Religion of piss!!!

2 Likes

Re: Israel's Attacks In Gaza Town 'A War Crime' Cc"icc by Nobody: 11:08am On Aug 11, 2014
stanech:

Then you need to read more about islam.
Re: Israel's Attacks In Gaza Town 'A War Crime' Cc"icc by gists: 12:53pm On Aug 11, 2014
stanech:

Tell me how the government can fight terror when many nothern muslims support them. Some even see them as freedom fighters and all that.

The same way Buhari (I know that name sends shivers down your spine) dealt with a similar terror group during his regime. He did not ask people to condemn the group. He rolled up his sleeve just like Cameroon did to same BH without asking for condemnation. Now the big one: Have you ever asked yourself the importance of cutting the source of funds for terror groups? Have you asked yourself with all the arrests made no significant big fish has been arrested for funding BH. OR is it the northern people that says this administration should not arrest BH's sponsors. Gov. Amechi said BH boys are only shooting and detornating bombs because someone is paying them. Arrest the sponsors and more than half of the problem is solved. The foot soldiers can easily be dealt with without funds. You know the truth but you are your folks keep playing ethnic/religious victim card asking the emirs (who doesn't control the police station in his local government) to internevene. You then turn around and blame muslims/northerns/islam for not stopping BH.

stanech:
Israel has not done half of what ISIS is doing in Iraq but the world has turned a deaf ear. Many christians are being killed as we speak no one is crying foul play.

Again I am amused - I really am. As at the last count over 1900 people have died in palestine more than 400 of those are children yet you claim israel has not done half of what isis has done. I'll like to see that fact or forever remain quiet. ISIS kills indescrimitately but their pry aim is to create a nation from that region and I repeat they are an enemy to the iraqi, syrian, jordan (all muslim nations). But that is not even the point. The whole point I am making is "call a spade a spade". Everybody knows ISIS is a terror group and has been label as such. Same goes for BH. I have criticise Hamas for the rocket. BUT WHY ON EARTH WILL ANYBODY REMAIN ON THE POINT THAT KILLING OVER 1900 palestinians (muslims and yes christian palestiians) IS JUSTIFIED. In your word, israel has not done half of what isis is doing even when the whole world has causioned Israel. You are very much confortable with hamas, isis, bh, asad being blamed but once anyone dares to even caution israel, nigerain xtians are quick to justify UNDEFENDABLE ACT (even on occasions when israel tenders apologies for Wwhat it calls military errors).

stanech:
It is still the same US (hated by the muslim world) that is taking it upon itself to control the situation.

Again you goofed. WHere did you get the idea that the muslim world hate the US? nairaland xtians particularly from across the niger with there hatred syndrome. Why are the palestinians suffering today if not for the muslim world that is so much trying to parley with US which makes them look the other way. No country on earth today (not even the Russians the second strongest army in the world) can attack Saudi, Kwait, Qatar, UAE, Oman? The reason is not because of the military might of these arab countries but because of their DEEP ties with US. So deep is their ties with the US that they even neglect there own brothers in palestine. So deep is there ties that it is said that (but can't confirm this) during the grounding of all airplanes in US following 911, Saudi Royals were still allowed to take off and land! So while yes there are muslims just as there are christians in Russia, venezuela, cubs whose does not see US in good light, it is not correct to say the entire muslim world hate US.

stanech:
I say it again muslim or islam is not a true religion because it seems to dominate and force others to follow its laws. Have you ever ask yourself why muslim law (sharia) is practised in muslim countries and christian laws not practised in christian dominated countries?

Yeah, in your infinite wisdom the crusade, world war I and 2 were caused by muslims, the Rwanda genocide was islamically motivated. Genocide of Bosnia on muslims was done by muslims. That terrorist in Oslo had a muslim and of course the plain that was shot down in Ukrain was inspired by Quran. All hail the all-wise.

stanech:
Christianity separates religion from politics allow everyone to choose their mode of worship provided it doesn't affect others negatively. Chinas may religion is Buddhism, India hinduism, italy christianity but they still tolerate other religion among them. so why does Islam force everyone to worship their mohammed and see anyone wh doesn't worship allah as an infidel?

You never seems to amuse me. Tell separation of religion and politics to the CAN president. Also, this myth has gone on for ages and I am yet to see anybody that proves this myth and I will be glad if you can provide evidence to counter what I am about to say: Apart from the Copts in Egypt, there are a number of other native christians in the middle (like Maronites in Lebanon) who have been christians probably before Islam and are still christians till date. They are still very much around today in various arab countries. The copts particularly actively took part in the Egypt revolution. So if by your accertion and the popular myth islam/muslim nations forces christians to convert, how come they still exists till today as christian. That is essentially what ISIS is trying to achieve making the areb countires call on the US for help. Yet you are here saying this.

For the records, I care less about the fact that some countries choses to be secular and other choses to adopt a religious nation status. What is important is people are able to worship whatever God they believe in in any country as it is with the copts and co (even if it is in there homes). I will not blame Saudi Arabia for not allowing churches in open places. If anybody is not happy with the vatican for not allowing mosques in the public, such a person can go and hug transformer. It is their choice and so be it.

enough said
peace!

(1) (Reply)

APC Presidential Ticket: Buhari, Kwankwaso, Others Meet On Emergence Of Northern / US Says UAE Bombed Libya Islamists As Turmoil Deepens / NBA And Its Dumb Lawyers Must Apologise To Ihejerika Fast-davis Denounce Claims.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 110
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.