Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,700 members, 7,802,083 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 08:50 AM

Wives, Children Stop Military Trucks Conveying Soldiers To Fight Boko Haram - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Wives, Children Stop Military Trucks Conveying Soldiers To Fight Boko Haram (34329 Views)

Soldiers Conveying Goods Step On Mine At Nigeria/cameroon Border. Graphic Photos / Customs Impounds 3 Trailers In Katsina, Conveying Contraband Goods / Soldiers Conveying Foodstuff To Troops Ambushed By Boko Haram Men, 2 Killed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Wives, Children Stop Military Trucks Conveying Soldiers To Fight Boko Haram by nnamdibig(m): 11:24pm On Aug 10, 2014
Hundreds of women and children weekend forcefully stopped military trucks from conveying their husbands and fathers to the Boko Haram-seized Gwoza by locking the exit gates of a barracks in Borno State, demanding quality fighting equipment for the soldiers.
Scores of soldiers have been killed by Boko Haram in Borno State in the last few months, and many blame the inferior weapons Nigerian troops are equipped with to fight brutal insurgents.
According to witnesses, after locking the gates, the women and children placed themselves as wedges before the trucks that were to drive out of Giwa Barracks of the 21 armoured brigade Maiduguri.
One woman was quoted as saying, “we don’t want to be made another set of widows, give our husbands modern and better arms, weapons and vehicles or they go nowhere!”
The reaction came after nearly 60 soldiers killed in Gwoza and Damboa- both in Borno State- were given a mass burial at the Maimalari Barracks Maiduguri.
The women and children also reportedly blockaded the roads leading to the barracks with stones and sticks, while some sat in front of the barracks’ gate.
Some soldiers at the barracks said they were in support of the action. One soldier who chose to remain anonymous told newsmen that “we are ever ready to tackle Boko Haram terrorists but our superior officers are not helping us by not giving us the right arms to execute the war. How can I go and face Boko Haram with AK47 that is charged with only three cartridges when the enemy is brandishing modern GPMG, AA, RPG and so on. Most of our soldiers die every day like fowls because of faulty deployment and yet when you complain they only tell you to obey the last order.”
Another soldier said, “we are being pushed to death because we usually run out of ammunition or our weapons would fail us during an operation, while the Boko Haram who came fully kitted with better arms and extra supplies would continue to pick on us like insects.”
According to another: “We are ready to finish Boko Haram in one week because we have the courage to do that if we are given the right arms and ammunition.”

www.vanguardngr.com/2014/08/wives-children-stop-military-trucks-conveying-soldiers-fight-boko-haram

29 Likes

Re: Wives, Children Stop Military Trucks Conveying Soldiers To Fight Boko Haram by Nobody: 11:33pm On Aug 10, 2014
Hmmmm. Allow the gentlemen to fufill their oat

7 Likes

Re: Wives, Children Stop Military Trucks Conveying Soldiers To Fight Boko Haram by Emeca: 11:34pm On Aug 10, 2014
One wonders what EXACTLY d billions of dollars spent on fighting the insurgency is used for.

69 Likes

Re: Wives, Children Stop Military Trucks Conveying Soldiers To Fight Boko Haram by Emeca: 11:38pm On Aug 10, 2014
At this very moment, this country is not worth dying for.

If these soldiers protest, they would be court-martialled, shuld they abandon their duties, a heavier punishment awaits them. The only option available is to go fight a heavily-armed enemy with inferior weapons; not dat the country is poor and cannot afford better weapons but because of corruption and uncaring attitude by those at d helm.

I feel the pain of these women. This is d much they can do to try change the situation.

97 Likes

Re: Wives, Children Stop Military Trucks Conveying Soldiers To Fight Boko Haram by micholalo(m): 11:44pm On Aug 10, 2014
U c

Omo I c maiself 4 front page. I hapi livelive grin

2 Likes

Re: Wives, Children Stop Military Trucks Conveying Soldiers To Fight Boko Haram by saheedbadmus(m): 11:57pm On Aug 10, 2014
i wonder..they keep spending billions of Naira everyday and yet they dont give all our soldiers sophisticated weapons..they just sent them to there early graves..abeg i no blame those women wey block the Gate o..

13 Likes

Re: Wives, Children Stop Military Trucks Conveying Soldiers To Fight Boko Haram by Nobody: 12:14am On Aug 11, 2014
hmmm
Re: Wives, Children Stop Military Trucks Conveying Soldiers To Fight Boko Haram by uken73(m): 3:05am On Aug 11, 2014
Why can't this constant complain of inadequate/inappropriate weapons be looked into once and for all.
I really pity the people defending this nation.

17 Likes

Re: Wives, Children Stop Military Trucks Conveying Soldiers To Fight Boko Haram by lanrefront1(m): 4:30am On Aug 11, 2014
no one can blame them

1 Like

Re: Wives, Children Stop Military Trucks Conveying Soldiers To Fight Boko Haram by Nobody: 4:49am On Aug 11, 2014
Ibnsultan: Hmmmm. Allow the gentlemen to fufill their oat
gringringringrin cry

5 Likes

Re: Wives, Children Stop Military Trucks Conveying Soldiers To Fight Boko Haram by wheesin(m): 4:52am On Aug 11, 2014
first lemme laugh at the post on top of my head cheesy secondly saharareporters cooked up this story

4 Likes

Re: Wives, Children Stop Military Trucks Conveying Soldiers To Fight Boko Haram by edoyad(m): 5:14am On Aug 11, 2014

Fulfill which oat ? Die for a worthless piece of scorched earth and illiterate parasitic people who brought the.problems on themselves ?
I blame the soldiers who fought to keep IBB in power after Gideon Orkar cut out the cancer he saw growing. All these problems would have been avoided in timely fashion.

The solution is for the federal allocation of the affected to be used in procuring the needed equipment.

17 Likes

Re: Wives, Children Stop Military Trucks Conveying Soldiers To Fight Boko Haram by arewarepublic: 5:14am On Aug 11, 2014

You mean an oath to die for a country not worth dying for? angry

19 Likes

Re: Wives, Children Stop Military Trucks Conveying Soldiers To Fight Boko Haram by nduchucks: 5:28am On Aug 11, 2014
Its hard to fault these wives and children.

6 Likes

Re: Wives, Children Stop Military Trucks Conveying Soldiers To Fight Boko Haram by otokx(m): 5:42am On Aug 11, 2014
If this story is true then small gbege dey o.
Re: Wives, Children Stop Military Trucks Conveying Soldiers To Fight Boko Haram by englishmart(m): 5:49am On Aug 11, 2014
Exactly what I would do too.
I can't let my dad lose his life frivolously.
Nigerian soldiers using crack and shoot guns since 1953

6 Likes

Re: Wives, Children Stop Military Trucks Conveying Soldiers To Fight Boko Haram by Nobody: 5:50am On Aug 11, 2014
Hope things will be clearer.

Learn How to Invest at profitng and earn reasonable profit every 20days... www.profitng.com
Re: Wives, Children Stop Military Trucks Conveying Soldiers To Fight Boko Haram by Marv650(m): 5:51am On Aug 11, 2014
tell me more, how far

1 Like

Re: Wives, Children Stop Military Trucks Conveying Soldiers To Fight Boko Haram by korel9: 5:52am On Aug 11, 2014
Ehen, abeg those women and children should remain there until their demands are met.
Or better still,

The ogas should go and fight with the inferior weaponry.

1 Like

Re: Wives, Children Stop Military Trucks Conveying Soldiers To Fight Boko Haram by Opiosko: 5:53am On Aug 11, 2014
FG charge em with treason grin grin
Re: Wives, Children Stop Military Trucks Conveying Soldiers To Fight Boko Haram by Missy89(f): 5:54am On Aug 11, 2014
lol @ pick us off like insects
Re: Wives, Children Stop Military Trucks Conveying Soldiers To Fight Boko Haram by juman(m): 5:54am On Aug 11, 2014
Emeca: One wonders what EXACTLY d billions of dollars spent on fighting the insurgency is used for.

I wonder. A lot of stealing.

The government is severely corrupt.

13 Likes

Re: Wives, Children Stop Military Trucks Conveying Soldiers To Fight Boko Haram by Adenugay(m): 5:57am On Aug 11, 2014
g
Re: Wives, Children Stop Military Trucks Conveying Soldiers To Fight Boko Haram by yousee(m): 5:58am On Aug 11, 2014
i have always been skeptical of this AK47, especially when i see our armed forces with just one extra magazine taped to the gun....
in my mind, im like "when bullet finish nko" and those BH never even start shooting...

7 Likes

Re: Wives, Children Stop Military Trucks Conveying Soldiers To Fight Boko Haram by hardbody: 5:58am On Aug 11, 2014
Just sad. Why murder these patriotic men? I am just tired of this rubbish, why don't they even resign en masse and let BH overrun the North once and for all times so that they can have the north of their dream.

2 Likes

Re: Wives, Children Stop Military Trucks Conveying Soldiers To Fight Boko Haram by Dymaco(m): 5:58am On Aug 11, 2014
Good move joor

1 Like

Re: Wives, Children Stop Military Trucks Conveying Soldiers To Fight Boko Haram by Barselonia(m): 5:59am On Aug 11, 2014
Nigeria
Re: Wives, Children Stop Military Trucks Conveying Soldiers To Fight Boko Haram by lonelydora: 5:59am On Aug 11, 2014
Good one wives and children. Kudos to you.

1 Like

Re: Wives, Children Stop Military Trucks Conveying Soldiers To Fight Boko Haram by Nobody: 5:59am On Aug 11, 2014
Does it mean defense budget is spent on salaries alone? cry

11 Likes

Re: Wives, Children Stop Military Trucks Conveying Soldiers To Fight Boko Haram by jieta: 6:00am On Aug 11, 2014
nnamdibig: Hundreds of women and children weekend forcefully stopped military trucks from conveying their husbands and fathers to the Boko Haram-seized Gwoza by locking the exit gates of a barracks in Borno State, demanding quality fighting equipment for the soldiers.
Scores of soldiers have been killed by Boko Haram in Borno State in the last few months, and many blame the inferior weapons Nigerian troops are equipped with to fight brutal insurgents.
According to witnesses, after locking the gates, the women and children placed themselves as wedges before the trucks that were to drive out of Giwa Barracks of the 21 armoured brigade Maiduguri.
One woman was quoted as saying, “we don’t want to be made another set of widows, give our husbands modern and better arms, weapons and vehicles or they go nowhere!”
The reaction came after nearly 60 soldiers killed in Gwoza and Damboa- both in Borno State- were given a mass burial at the Maimalari Barracks Maiduguri.
The women and children also reportedly blockaded the roads leading to the barracks with stones and sticks, while some sat in front of the barracks’ gate.
Some soldiers at the barracks said they were in support of the action. One soldier who chose to remain anonymous told newsmen that “we are ever ready to tackle Boko Haram terrorists but our superior officers are not helping us by not giving us the right arms to execute the war. How can I go and face Boko Haram with AK47 that is charged with only three cartridges when the enemy is brandishing modern GPMG, AA, RPG and so on. Most of our soldiers die every day like fowls because of faulty deployment and yet when you complain they only tell you to obey the last order.”
Another soldier said, “we are being pushed to death because we usually run out of ammunition or our weapons would fail us during an operation, while the Boko Haram who came fully kitted with better arms and extra supplies would continue to pick on us like insects.”
According to another: “We are ready to finish Boko Haram in one week because we have the courage to do that if we are given the right arms and ammunition.”

www.vanguardngr.com/2014/08/wives-children-stop-military-trucks-conveying-soldiers-fight-boko-haram

no wounder, no body wants to go to sambisa
Re: Wives, Children Stop Military Trucks Conveying Soldiers To Fight Boko Haram by LMAyedun(m): 6:01am On Aug 11, 2014
nduchucks: Its hard to fault these wives and children.
really hard Bro!
I honestly don't blame them.

5 Likes

Re: Wives, Children Stop Military Trucks Conveying Soldiers To Fight Boko Haram by YoursGEJ(m): 6:02am On Aug 11, 2014

You are a useless human being who is not even worth the space you're occupying. We are talking about people's loved ones here and you are asking them to go and die in the name of oath while your pot-bellied generals continue to loot money and buy choice properties in Abuja and to buy their kids bentleys and fly them abroad. Did you even consider the concerns of those women and children or do you not just care? If their breadwinners die while fighting without equipment, will you take care of their families? God will judge you

21 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

PDP Wins Enugu By Landslide / Tony Nwulu Sponsored The Age Restriction Bill {photos} / Heads To Roll Over Convicted Ngilari, Ex Adamawa Governor’s Release From Prison

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.