Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,312 members, 7,808,051 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:04 AM

Im Tired Of Clapping My Hands In Church. - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Im Tired Of Clapping My Hands In Church. (10772 Views)

Dont Be Deceived In Church Today Brethren. / Clapping For Pastors After Preaching / When Is Jesus Coming Back? Im Tired Of Waiting: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Im Tired Of Clapping My Hands In Church. by sleekymag(m): 12:12pm On Oct 25, 2008
but trees have branches, dont they? smiley Trees could dance too, u know! (what happens when strong wind blows?)
Re: Im Tired Of Clapping My Hands In Church. by Gamine(f): 12:20pm On Oct 25, 2008
hands i said.

Do you have branches undecided
Re: Im Tired Of Clapping My Hands In Church. by sleekymag(m): 12:58pm On Oct 25, 2008
hands i said.

Do you have branches

Am sure you've heard of metaphors and other figures of speech. The bible has loads of them. Our Lord Jesus used them in many of his parables. Metaphorically speaking, their branches could be hands.
Re: Im Tired Of Clapping My Hands In Church. by Gamine(f): 1:00pm On Oct 25, 2008
Plenty Hands they have o!
Re: Im Tired Of Clapping My Hands In Church. by dani1luv: 1:05pm On Oct 25, 2008
lyke urs nah wink
Re: Im Tired Of Clapping My Hands In Church. by Gamine(f): 1:28pm On Oct 25, 2008
eh undecided

Re: Im Tired Of Clapping My Hands In Church. by dani1luv: 1:30pm On Oct 25, 2008
dnt play 4 me. . . i dnt feel lyke dancin grin wink
Re: Im Tired Of Clapping My Hands In Church. by disease(m): 1:57pm On Oct 25, 2008
@dani1luv
How far now? grin

@Gamine
If someone/some people can dance for 3 days without getting tired, I don't see why someone will be tired of clapping for just 2 minutes.
Re: Im Tired Of Clapping My Hands In Church. by Gamine(f): 2:00pm On Oct 25, 2008
Re: Im Tired Of Clapping My Hands In Church. by disease(m): 2:23pm On Oct 25, 2008
@Gamine
You really suck when playing the violin. shocked
Try clapping your hands. cheesy
Re: Im Tired Of Clapping My Hands In Church. by Gamine(f): 2:28pm On Oct 25, 2008
How many years did it take you to come up with this undecided

Re: Im Tired Of Clapping My Hands In Church. by disease(m): 2:32pm On Oct 25, 2008
@Gamine
grin grin grin grin
Lets go and play PES 2009. grin
Re: Im Tired Of Clapping My Hands In Church. by Gamine(f): 2:46pm On Oct 25, 2008
PES!!!! shocked

Re: Im Tired Of Clapping My Hands In Church. by dani1luv: 3:17pm On Oct 25, 2008
@ DIsease
amma kwl yhu knw

@ Gamine
yes PES tongue
Re: Im Tired Of Clapping My Hands In Church. by disease(m): 3:32pm On Oct 25, 2008
@dani1luv
grin

@Gamine
I like ur animations o! Make u dash me one. wink
PES good now! grin
Re: Im Tired Of Clapping My Hands In Church. by wirinet(m): 5:01pm On Oct 25, 2008
I feel you; I was in your position about 25 yrs ago, while I was still in secondary school. The whole of the Christian doctrine started breaking down, the more I tried to apply sense and reason to it.
I am sure you are trying to do the same and apply reason to some aspect of your faith, I suspect you are still an inquisitive teenager because the older you are the more difficult it is to let go of age long beliefs and habits.
Do not let anyone make you feel guilty about clapping in church, in fact I can say you are gradually coming unto enlightenment. Other Christians would threaten you with fire and brimstone, others would label you’re a backslider, do mot mind them.
I can tell you than clapping for God or Jesus is a relatively new phenomenon in Christianity. And I think it is as a result of the African influence on Christianity, others are night vigils, deliverance, shouting and dancing oneself into a trance, etc., theses are vestiges of our animist religious practices, which we have practiced for generations.
Clapping for God or any other prophet was not found anywhere in the old testament, even when God interacted with the Israelites on mount Sinai, they did not clap for God, no body clapped for Abraham, Moses , Isaiah, etc. Even when Jesus was alive, nobody clapped for him after each miracle, not one were his disciples required to clap for him.
Clapping as per applause was reserved for musicians, magicians and performers who entertained the crowd and the crowd applause to show appreciation in medieval Europe, clapping was never associated with religious worship.
Christianity established as a formal religion in about the second century A.D. existed as a monolithic entity as the Catholic Church until sometimes in the 13th or 14th century A.D. when the protestants protesting some practices in church broke away, clapping was not an issue in contention. The protestants (the Anglicans, the Methodists, the Lutherans, etc. ) did not introduce clapping as mandatory for salvation.
It was when the Blacks in the U.S adopted Christianity to their native practices that clapping, shouting, soul music, enter into Christianity. And when this version (Pentecostalism) entered into Africa, we added core African practices of entering into trance, heavy drumming, mid night deliverances, divination, and HEAVY CLAPPING into the mix. So in effect we are still practicing our ancient religious rites under the guise of Christianity.
Re: Im Tired Of Clapping My Hands In Church. by skillip(m): 5:07pm On Oct 25, 2008
guy,if ur tired of clapping try apostolic faith no clappin at all!njoy
Re: Im Tired Of Clapping My Hands In Church. by Gamine(f): 6:07pm On Oct 25, 2008
Wirinet kiss kiss kiss

Thank You

God Bless YOU!!!!!!

I'm not a teenager, but I'm purging myself of all doctrines learnt from time past
smiley
Re: Im Tired Of Clapping My Hands In Church. by tangent(f): 6:32pm On Oct 25, 2008
how can one be tired of clapping in the church?
Re: Im Tired Of Clapping My Hands In Church. by Gamine(f): 7:15pm On Oct 25, 2008
Ask Someone.
Re: Im Tired Of Clapping My Hands In Church. by tkid(m): 2:48am On Oct 27, 2008
MAYBE DA GEEZER IS C AND S, THOSE WHITE GARMENT CHRISTIANS CLAP AS IF ITS THE LAST THING THEY WILL DO, I DONT HAVE PROBLEM WITH CLAPPING OR WHATS HARD IN IT WE ONLy SPEND AVERAGE OF 4 HOURS OUT OF SEVERAL HOURS THATS IN A WEEK IN CHURCH, when you get married and have kids if you or your spouse gives testimony relating to the marriage or child and no one claps how would you feel?
Re: Im Tired Of Clapping My Hands In Church. by Gamine(f): 5:25pm On Oct 27, 2008
u well so? undecided
Re: Im Tired Of Clapping My Hands In Church. by naomijt(f): 12:07pm On Oct 28, 2008
tangent:

how can one be tired of clapping in the church?

cos clapping isn't a form of worship
Re: Im Tired Of Clapping My Hands In Church. by klo: 4:31pm On Oct 28, 2008
everything done in the church, a living church that is, is for the glory of God. We therefore clap for Jesus even when a brother is invited to give testimony or the choir has just rendered a special number, because he is the source of every good and perect gift, Hmm just like someone said you will appreciate your hands more if they are not there and they are still attached to your body only because the good Lord cares.
Re: Im Tired Of Clapping My Hands In Church. by kufy: 4:07pm On Nov 05, 2008
you didn't tell us the church where you worship but i,m sure its a pentecostal church.well if you ask me i'l say you change to a catholic church where you'll clap less. wink
Re: Im Tired Of Clapping My Hands In Church. by AKO1(m): 8:31pm On Nov 05, 2008
kufy:

you didn't tell us the church where you worship but i,m sure its a pentecostal church.well if you ask me i'l say you change to a catholic church where you'll clap less. wink

Change church only because of clapping?

No wonder there are so many sects in christianity today, I'm sure many of them broke out because of the most mundane issues.
Re: Im Tired Of Clapping My Hands In Church. by Gamine(f): 9:01pm On Nov 05, 2008
lol
Re: Im Tired Of Clapping My Hands In Church. by ayobase(m): 12:10pm On Nov 07, 2008
[coming to think of it Gamine
there is nothing in the clapping of hands
its just a way of encouraging a fellow.

lets give it up 4 Jesus
should call 4 alarm.

maybe u were concerned about the way
u were being looked at when u aint clapping.

Everyone is doing something collectively,
but one is proving ODD.
Put yourself in their shoes.

Well,nothing terrible in clapping,
continue giving it up!!!

quote author=Gamine link=topic=185205.msg3043796#msg3043796 date=1225915300]
lol
[quote][/quote]
Re: Im Tired Of Clapping My Hands In Church. by Gamine(f): 3:36pm On Nov 07, 2008
LOL.

you no serious, so Jesus needs our encouragement? undecided

There was a fellowship at 12 midnight in my house

the clapping was thunderous, thanks to the thick walls, my ears would have been clapped right off.

there is this song

What shall i render to God

and they reply

I render Clappings

MAkes no sense to me.

God help us!
Re: Im Tired Of Clapping My Hands In Church. by omocele: 6:10pm On Nov 07, 2008
now that u are alive why not make good use of your whole being by praising God with everything you have rather than telling God indirectly that you can decide to do whatever u like in his presence.it could be disastrous.
cry there is nothing wrong with clapping your hands for God.
Re: Im Tired Of Clapping My Hands In Church. by Gamine(f): 8:30pm On Nov 07, 2008
In his presence?

Last Time i Checked, God was present everywhere.

So im sure, you dont clap everytime you are in HIs PRESENCE
Re: Im Tired Of Clapping My Hands In Church. by sexyLeamon(f): 11:26am On Nov 08, 2008
I'm Tired Of Clapping My Hands In Church.

then don't. am sure in a church of even 30 people, if you don't clap your hand no one would notice

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Why Did God Need To Write The 10 Commandments / Stephen Oni: Buhari Should Not Contest 2019 Election - Says Anglican Bishop / Seven Important Reasons You Need The Holy Spirit.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.