Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,213 members, 7,807,728 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 06:10 PM

Advice Needed! Am I So Picky As Regards To This Issue? - Family (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Advice Needed! Am I So Picky As Regards To This Issue? (8769 Views)

What Kind Of Food Can One Give An Under-weight Picky Eater Toddler? / My Ex Would Rather Remain Single, Than Make Up With Me. Am I So Bad?? / Jazzman Needed--am Serious (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Advice Needed! Am I So Picky As Regards To This Issue? by Nobody: 2:12pm On Aug 12, 2014
We for dey share ya story here lmao

bellong:
And I never met any of these "MAGA" Ladies.... cry cry cry cry cry cry cry

The gods must pay for this......
Re: Advice Needed! Am I So Picky As Regards To This Issue? by shooze: 2:12pm On Aug 12, 2014
@aisha not abuja oh Lagos fine boy. Lolll

1 Like

Re: Advice Needed! Am I So Picky As Regards To This Issue? by bellong: 2:14pm On Aug 12, 2014
aisha2: We for dey share ya story here lmao

You wouldn't. The ones you shared their stories are dullard. If you want to engage in something like this, high level of intelligence is not a compromise..... cheesy cheesy

The guys and ladies in all these stories lack street intelligence... cheesy grin
Re: Advice Needed! Am I So Picky As Regards To This Issue? by Nobody: 2:27pm On Aug 12, 2014
aisha2:

Me sha I did in genuine relationships not obvious scams, sometimes the guy can be broke. Me self when I notice he is broke i wont say anything he will just see alert and the joy they have is priceless nothing wrong with sharing but do so for the right reasons.

I was naturally stingy so I never gave. embarassed embarassed

I guess it saved me from a lot of those kind of guys cos one week with me and it's obvious I'm a waste of time and energy. I live in the east so I see them here everyday. Igbos don't even bother to hide their intentions . . . . they are that desperate.

One once told me that if I wanted to settle down with him I had to raise money to start a biz for him. I politely told him that I have no plans to 'settle down with him' . . . just passing time and enjoying the company. And he said i'll grow to be an old hag . . and I said, better a rich old hag than a broke married one. cheesy cheesy

But now, helping my hubby pay bills gives me a certain joy/pride that I cannot describe. It surprises him till date that I offer my money because he has always known me as a very stingy person.

I guess people change . . . undecided

2 Likes

Re: Advice Needed! Am I So Picky As Regards To This Issue? by Nobody: 2:28pm On Aug 12, 2014
bellong:

You wouldn't. The ones you shared their stories are dullard. If you want to engage in something like this, high level of intelligence is not a compromise..... cheesy cheesy

The guys and ladies in all these stories lack street intelligence... cheesy grin

If a guy is smart he'll focus on making his own money nah, not ripping off girls.

Most of these guys are mediocre to begin with. undecided

1 Like

Re: Advice Needed! Am I So Picky As Regards To This Issue? by Nobody: 2:28pm On Aug 12, 2014
Ah, Lekki Potential "Big Boy" hope you didnt carry our big boy to do "mainland" things oh
shooze: @aisha not abuja oh Lagos fine boy. Lolll
Re: Advice Needed! Am I So Picky As Regards To This Issue? by Nobody: 2:33pm On Aug 12, 2014
Ujujoan:

I was naturally stingy so I never gave. embarassed embarassed

I guess it saved me from a lot of those kind of guys cos one week with me and it's obvious I'm a waste of time and energy. I live in the east so I see them here everyday. Igbos don't even bother to hide their intentions . . . . they are that desperate.

O[b]ne once told me that if I wanted to settle down with him I had to raise money to start a biz for him. I politely told him that I have no plans to 'settle down with him' . . . just passing time and enjoying the company. And he said i'll grow to be an old hag . . and I said, better a rich old hag than a broke married one. cheesy :[/b]D

But now, helping my hubby pay bills gives me a certain joy/pride that I cannot describe. It surprises him till date that I offer my money because he has always known me as a very stingy person.

I guess people change . . . undecided

Dead. You did right. Set up business for him kwaaaa? Chai.
When men learn a "trade" from women they learn and oversabi, when men learn catering, sowing and hair dressing they are usually more successful. Now that men have learned gold digging, their own na die. At least babes go dey ask for "richard card" blackberry, Brazillian hair, their male counterparts go dey ask for Range Rover 2014 envogue, Split Ac, House in lekki, Set up business for me their own "borrow me" dey start from 100k, I hail grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

7 Likes

Re: Advice Needed! Am I So Picky As Regards To This Issue? by bellong: 2:36pm On Aug 12, 2014
Ujujoan:

If a guy is smart he'll focus on making his own money nah, not ripping off girls.

Most of these guys are mediocre to begin with. undecided

Being smart is different from being lazy.

A smart guy can be lazy and channel his energy and intelligence to wrong things like fraud and scamming.

4 Likes

Re: Advice Needed! Am I So Picky As Regards To This Issue? by Nobody: 2:37pm On Aug 12, 2014
aisha2:

Dead. You did right. Set up business for him kwaaaa? Chai.
When men learn a "trade" from women they learn and oversabi, when men learn catering, sowing and hair dressing they are usually more successful. Now that men have learned gold digging, their own na die. At least babes go dey ask for "richard card" blackberry, Brazillian hair, their male counterparts go dey ask for Range Rover 2014 envogue, Split Ac, House in lekki, Set up business for me their own "borrow me" dey start from 100k, I hail grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

I tell you . . . their own level don pass our own tey tey . . . .

I don't blame them sha. It's this craze to marry that is causing it. Women tend to forget themselves once marriage is mentioned. The men are just exploiting it.

1 Like

Re: Advice Needed! Am I So Picky As Regards To This Issue? by Nobody: 2:38pm On Aug 12, 2014
bellong:

Being smart is different from being lazy.

A smart guy can be lazy and channel his energy and intelligence to wrong things like fraud and scamming.

I guess you are right . . . cool
Re: Advice Needed! Am I So Picky As Regards To This Issue? by babygirlfl: 6:15pm On Aug 12, 2014
Re: Advice Needed! Am I So Picky As Regards To This Issue? by Nobody: 6:21pm On Aug 12, 2014
rebella: chilisauce, gist no go kill you oh! Money don finish teytey. Apparently, he was into 419, his businesses were a front for his real 419 business. He has been into it for over 10 years and he just got caught last month. 99 days for the thief...
I suspected something was up while we were dating but I didn't have enough evidence.
I remember how he would be very broke 1 minute and the next throwing cash away without any turnover of his goods.
Just last month? I wonder how people sleep well with shady deals. Thank God you saw it en advance. But with the justicesystem in the country he will be likely to be out soon.

1 Like

Re: Advice Needed! Am I So Picky As Regards To This Issue? by joywendy(f): 7:20pm On Aug 12, 2014
jaybeyblu:

Hmn 80 missed calls was better I said he called me none stop for a whole week, heaven would bear me witness. 2am when I wake Up to go to the bathroom my phone is ringing, it was scary my phone was useles for 1 week cos it was always ringin. When I confided in my colleagues at work they were laughing and one was even telling me that I am overeacting that when her man refused to pick she called and gave him over 70 missed calls but he dumped her sha! Later on when I finally picked I told him how can I leave my phone for few mins and get back and I see 80 missed calls does it seem normal to u? He told me that because he is" very very emotional" that's why that for that one week he cldnt eat he wld be bathing with one hand and d other hand he is holding his phone trying to call me!My luck was I never disclosed my house to him, I knew he is a psycho but my friends are thinking I am overeacting hence my coming here. Thanks to you all for your contributions. It really made my day. God bless u!
psycho is an understatement, it is pure obsession not love.
Lolz emotional ko, emotional ni. I know a guy that is very emotional and he doesn't behave like this. Being emotional doesn't mean you should call a person every second it just shows joblessness.
I personally don't like it when someone calls me continuously. If you call me once and I don't pick, am probably not with my phone. If you call the second time, and I don't pick then my phone was probably on silent, and i forgot to change it back to general.But if you try the third time, forget it! I'm probably very busy to remember that I have a phone. Talk less of 80 times? You chop craze ni? Girl you try oh, I hail! Lol. Please ehn tell your friend that said she will call her bf 70 times that she needs help and she should not forget to visit the hospital for proper check up. Please advise your friends too, if they are still desperate they can take the guy. Na wa oh for some people and the way they think.
You are welcome smiley

3 Likes

Re: Advice Needed! Am I So Picky As Regards To This Issue? by Saraha1(f): 7:34pm On Aug 12, 2014
@joy, you know wetin you take spoil all the thing way you write the last paragraph, which one is you are welcome ?shey the op don read and reply ni?

Lol!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!lwkmd.

1 Like

Re: Advice Needed! Am I So Picky As Regards To This Issue? by Nobody: 8:50pm On Aug 12, 2014
Re: Advice Needed! Am I So Picky As Regards To This Issue? by kaboninc(m): 9:52pm On Aug 12, 2014
The stories here are really interesting and in fact very real. Real in the sense that at first, it sounds like a nollywood script especially the 'get married quick' posters. Most times I just marvel with the lines guys use in tricking ladies. Even a 5 year old child, street one will spot the lies. And worse is the ladies fall. A friend told a girl that he's doing his masters when we all know that the major certificate he has to date is NCE. What other lies he must have told. When a guy calls you 80 times just because he's 'emotional'... Relationship built on deceit, lies, pretence and self-service will just take you to the deepest part of hell. If I no get, I no get. If I get and I no wan give you, then I no wan give you.

2 Likes

Re: Advice Needed! Am I So Picky As Regards To This Issue? by joywendy(f): 11:25pm On Aug 12, 2014
Saraha1: @joy, you know wetin you take spoil all the thing way you write the last paragraph, which one is you are welcome ?shey the op don read and reply ni?

Lol!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!lwkmd.
lol see this babe oh, she said and i quote

Thanks to you all for your contributions

so i dey answer for all of una with 'you are welcome' grin

1 Like

Re: Advice Needed! Am I So Picky As Regards To This Issue? by Saraha1(f): 2:18am On Aug 13, 2014
joywendy:
lol see this babe oh, she said and i quote

so i dey answer for all of una with 'you are welcome' grin

oh now I understand better, don't mind my manners.
You know say I no kukuma go school .

1 Like

Re: Advice Needed! Am I So Picky As Regards To This Issue? by Nobody: 4:49am On Aug 13, 2014
This thread is funny. A friend of mine went with me to my cousin's apartment cos she was with me,when I went to see my cousin for personal reason. Next thing I saw is that they are dating,and she's now pregnant for him. This my cousin is jobless,and told the lady he's a businessman ,this is someone who lives in his mum's house,drive his mum's jeep. The mum is old,so she stay more in the village..though the apartment is well furnished.. Now my friend keeps calling me everyday to lend her money,cos she spends most,if not all on the guy. on his birthday,as I was told,she spent a lot to organize it for him. I pity her,cos I have warned her severally about my cousin-how unreliable he is,she just won't listen. Some women deserve knocks.

4 Likes

Re: Advice Needed! Am I So Picky As Regards To This Issue? by Nobody: 7:09am On Aug 13, 2014
This thread is funny. A friend of mine went with me to my cousin's apartment cos she was with me,when I went to see my cousin for personal reason. Next thing I saw is that they are dating,and she's now pregnant for him. This my cousin is jobless,and told the lady he's a businessman ,this is someone who lives in his mum's house,drive his mum's jeep. The mum is old,so she stay more in the village..though the apartment is well furnished.. Now my friend keeps calling me everyday to lend her money,cos she spends most,if not all on the guy. on his birthday,as I was told,she spent a lot to organize it for him. I pity her,cos I have warned her severally about my cousin-how unreliable he is,she just won't listen. Some women deserve knocks..
Re: Advice Needed! Am I So Picky As Regards To This Issue? by Nobody: 7:12am On Aug 13, 2014
Be back

2 Likes

Re: Advice Needed! Am I So Picky As Regards To This Issue? by Nobody: 7:26am On Aug 13, 2014
Icherishu: I couldn't help but laugh jare. Abuja boys let God be the one to help the fake big boys. I almost fell into the hand of one like that. We went to the same university and from the same state and I thought I knew him well. Moreover I liked him and I saw him as a potential suitor. So during my service, I carried my bag and went to visit "sweetie" in Abuja. Even if he was a year ahead of me in school, got to realised he hasn't served and result isn't ready. What are you doing in Abuja, he is hustling. Working in one firm like that with his OND he had before coming to our school for direct entry.
First he told me he had a rich lady, that gives him everything. The girl has even taken him to meet her pastor. But he can't marry her cos she is old bla bla bla. Fast forward, second day he asked me to borrow him money I told him I don't have. He asked for my ATM, we went to collect the money. Fast forward the following day, I said I was leaving. Took me to bus park and he didn't even give me one kobo for transport nor the one he paid back. Omo na so I picked race o.
At least he gave me one good advise then, after service do certification in this line and I listened. It was that certification I used to get my first job and subsequent ones.
After then, today lover boy will call he hasn't eaten and he needs money. I ll respond no money, he will say please even if is recharged card I ll sell it. The first time I sent 3k and he made it a point of duty. He needs to write this professional exams, his money isn't complete. Me stopped answering him. When he wanted to marry, he said I should contribute told him I don't have.
Years later, he called me one day he is so broke his family can't eat. Promised to send him something, but on a second thought I didn't he kept calling and I refused to pick his calls. Realising I was no more picking his calls he changed number and called. I had to tell him I don't have na so story end till today.

Lmao @ contribute to his wedding. Chai, Abuja Boys una level no get part 2.

About the "rich lady" thing. There was one I was getting serious with till one day he told me about a "big girl" who asked his boss about him and wanted to marry him, we all laughed. Only for me to notice big girl will call 25 times while we are together, there was a place I showed him where we regularly have lunch and one day I went with my colleague and saw him and big girl having lunch. He come dey beg talk say make I support am make we chop "Big girl" money together, I said God forbid, I will make my own no matter how long it takes. Na only one small jeep the big girl get oh. He marry big girl, now almost every time I see him he is with a different babe, one day he even claimed to be divorced while he is still very much married. I confronted him once and he said big girl misled him to marry her I told him na lie na greed mislead you agbaya

3 Likes

Re: Advice Needed! Am I So Picky As Regards To This Issue? by Nobody: 7:30am On Aug 13, 2014
Yomieluv: This thread is funny. A friend of mine went with me to my cousin's apartment cos she was with me,when I went to see my cousin for personal reason. Next thing I saw is that they are dating,and she's now pregnant for him. This my cousin is jobless,and told the lady he's a businessman ,this is someone who lives in his mum's house,drive his mum's jeep. The mum is old,so she stay more in the village..though the apartment is well furnished.. Now my friend keeps calling me everyday to lend her money,cos she spends most,if not all on the guy. on his birthday,as I was told,she spent a lot to organize it for him. I pity her,cos I have warned her severally about my cousin-how unreliable he is,she just won't listen. Some women deserve knocks..

She go soon call you enemy of Progress and ban you from visiting her "Home" even if the home na borrowed one
Re: Advice Needed! Am I So Picky As Regards To This Issue? by Nobody: 7:31am On Aug 13, 2014
Yomieluv: This thread is funny. A friend of mine went with me to my cousin's apartment cos she was with me,when I went to see my cousin for personal reason. Next thing I saw is that they are dating,and she's now pregnant for him. This my cousin is jobless,and told the lady he's a businessman ,this is someone who lives in his mum's house,drive his mum's jeep. The mum is old,so she stay more in the village..though the apartment is well furnished.. Now my friend keeps calling me everyday to lend her money,cos she spends most,if not all on the guy. on his birthday,as I was told,she spent a lot to organize it for him. I pity her,cos I have warned her severally about my cousin-how unreliable he is,she just won't listen. Some women deserve knocks..

She go soon call you enemy of Progress and ban you from visiting her "Home" even if the home na borrowed one. Babe don see house don see jeep, see fine boy join her prayers have been "answered" OYO for you adviser lol

2 Likes

Re: Advice Needed! Am I So Picky As Regards To This Issue? by Nobody: 7:31am On Aug 13, 2014

She go soon call you enemy of Progress and ban you from visiting her "Home" even if the home na borrowed one
Re: Advice Needed! Am I So Picky As Regards To This Issue? by Nobody: 8:43am On Aug 13, 2014
aisha2:

She go soon call you enemy of Progress and ban you from visiting her "Home" even if the home na borrowed one. Babe don see house don see jeep, see fine boy join her prayers have been "answered" OYO for you adviser lol
you are damn right,my cousin is tall,fair,and handsome,but jobless,and lazy.. He believes he can only make it from a woman.my friend don enter one chance. I told her about my cousin,she said God will intervene..on her birthday,she called me to lend her money to trip my cousin,cos their birthday is a week apart.I don't want to say much,cos they are both on Nairaland.

2 Likes

Re: Advice Needed! Am I So Picky As Regards To This Issue? by Nobody: 8:57am On Aug 13, 2014
Yomieluv: you are damn right,my cousin is tall,fair,and handsome,but jobless,and lazy.. He believes he can only make it from a woman.my friend don enter one chance. I told her about my cousin,she said God will intervene..on her birthday,she called me to lend her money to trip my cousin,cos their birthday is a week apart.I don't want to say much,cos they are both on Nairaland.

Lmao @ God will intervene, delusionality at its pick. She will husttle and marry him later come and post on Nairaland "My Husband is a lazy womaniser, I want a divorce"
Re: Advice Needed! Am I So Picky As Regards To This Issue? by Nobody: 9:07am On Aug 13, 2014
aisha2:

About the "rich lady" thing. There was one I was getting serious with till one day he told me about a "big girl" who asked his boss about him and wanted to marry him, we all laughed. Only for me to notice big girl will call 25 times while we are together, there was a place I showed him where we regularly have lunch and one day I went with my colleague and saw him and big girl having lunch. He come dey beg talk say make I support am make we chop "Big girl" money together, I said God forbid, I will make my own no matter how long it takes. Na only one small jeep the big girl get oh. He marry big girl, now almost every time I see him he is with a different babe, one day he even claimed to be divorced while he is still very much married. I confronted him once and he said big girl misled him to marry her I told him na lie na greed mislead you agbaya
He felt cos I was the soft type that had the heart of a gold always wanting to assist him. And he saw himself a fine boy. Sha I don't know what is up with him, I saw his wife had given birth again to twins. Make I come call am do amebo jor.

3 Likes

Re: Advice Needed! Am I So Picky As Regards To This Issue? by EfemenaXY: 9:30am On Aug 13, 2014
aisha2:

Now this is pure evil. Haven't these guys got any conscious?

Abeg, reading these stories gives the impression..no...makes you realise that Abuja is a den of chronic thieves, scammers, posers, and fakes. Shuo! Infact, the swindlers and swindled deserve each other wella.

Person nor get money to chop, but them go dey borrow-borrow to throw party, borrow to marry, even borrow to breathe. Mtcheew.

2 Likes

Re: Advice Needed! Am I So Picky As Regards To This Issue? by Nobody: 9:50am On Aug 13, 2014
EfemenaXY:
Now this is pure evil. Haven't these guys got any conscious?
Abeg, reading these stories gives the impression..no...makes you realise that Abuja is a den of chronic thieves, scammers, posers, and fakes. Shuo! Infact, the swindlers and swindled deserve each other wella.
Person nor get money to chop, but them go dey borrow-borrow to throw party, borrow to marry, even borrow to breathe. Mtcheew.

Some babes go gree follow them chop oh.
Abuja also has great men oh, na here a lot of us meet correct husbands. Na big city as yeye dey so also better dey.
Its a flashy city if you want to be greedy you go greedy die. If you want to be sane you will be sane na choice. People riding rangerover yet sharing one room with 6 roommates
Re: Advice Needed! Am I So Picky As Regards To This Issue? by Saraha1(f): 10:11am On Aug 13, 2014
Ha! Abuja guys runs done finish oh.
Hope all my sister them they read everything for here.

1 Like

Re: Advice Needed! Am I So Picky As Regards To This Issue? by bellong: 10:20am On Aug 13, 2014
Yomieluv: you are damn right,my cousin is tall,fair,and handsome,but jobless,and lazy.. He believes he can only make it from a woman.my friend don enter one chance. I told her about my cousin,she said God will intervene..on her birthday,she called me to lend her money to trip my cousin,cos their birthday is a week apart.I don't want to say much,cos they are both on Nairaland.

You have done your bit, don't persuade her further. Make sure that you don't borrow her any money for anything at all. She will soon concoct stories to get money from you to satisfy her ATM customer.

If and When she eventually marries the guy, she should know that the cross will be too much for her to bear. Please, remind her not to blame God or your cousin for her misfortunes.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

In-laws Attack! / The Reason why wives feel reluctant to host their inlaws / Leaving Alone As A Single Lady

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 96
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.