Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,453 members, 7,808,612 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:16 PM

Chinese "Song of Pig", Downloaded 1 Billion Times - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Chinese "Song of Pig", Downloaded 1 Billion Times (7037 Views)

Gangnam Style Hits 1 Billion Youtube Views, The World Does Not End / Best Hip Hop Beef/Diss Song Of All Time! / Your Most Touching Love Song Of All Time? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Chinese "Song of Pig", Downloaded 1 Billion Times by Seun(m): 6:41am On Sep 19, 2005
Hello Friends,

I'd like to invite you to listen to "Song of Pig", a freely downloadable song by Xiang Xiang, China's most popular Internet pop star! It has been downloaded over one billion times from the site where she uploaded it.

Download the Song of Pig: http://homepage.mac.com/danielbatty/notes/SongOfPig.html
Featured by BBC News : http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/technology/4230846.stm

grin
Pig, you have two holes on your nose
When you catch cold, you are snorting
Pig, you have black eyes which we cannot see beyond
Pig, you have two big ears
And you cannot hear that I'm cursing you silly
Pig, you have a curling tail which you cannot run without
Pig head, pig brain, pig body and pig tail
You are a good baby who eats everything
Everyday you won't wake up till noon
And you never brush your teeth and you never fight

What do you think about the song, and it's unbelievable popularity? One billion downloads! Why have none our own Internet musicians not achieved this same level of popularity?
Re: Chinese "Song of Pig", Downloaded 1 Billion Times by hotangel2(f): 5:20am On Sep 20, 2005
I wonder why the song stops singing when it starts.

But talking about this kind of song being downloaded over one billion times. WoW!.
SOng about a pig for heaven's sake!

The lyrics is funny though... And uhmm talking about why our own Nigerian "musicians" Haven't achived something like this. I must say it's because the songs we sing are, "not the standard of what should go all over the world". African Queen by Idibia, has done a lil justice to itself by being popular amongst most people... But that's about it.

I think Nigerian musicians need to step up their game. I can't imagine what the music industry in nigeria is turning to. There are no registered Music Directors (apart from Kenny -- the Director of Mr lecturer and many more). There should names of Directors that are really designated and people can look up to in producing their music. You see like, when you talk of J.D, Jay Z, blah blah.. You are like, I want to have a production deal with them..
Apart from that, Is it people like Genevieve's song (a song that has been said sucks more than listening to 100 cars honk) that should go all over and be downloaded 1000000 times? I doubt it.

I think this china girl didn't actually use a producer.. because it said something about her distributing it herself. I guess that also hard to do with hard work. Think of it, trea_z has a song, the song is hot/hip/cool. He could have been this girl.. but i think something is wrong with NIgeria! I just don't get it. I don't get why things can't just boom up! It's really wierd. So many people have talents but the talents just die!.

The chinese girl has tried ooo.. BBC carry her, what more do u need to be popular? cheesy
Re: Chinese "Song of Pig", Downloaded 1 Billion Times by WesleyanA(f): 5:31am On Sep 20, 2005
the song is popular because it's really good. i replayed it like 3 times even though i didn't understand a word. except probably "pig"(in chinese of course) because they repeated that a lot and you could tell.
whoever sang that song is popular as seun said. that contributed to the popularity of the song.
Re: Chinese "Song of Pig", Downloaded 1 Billion Times by jade(f): 5:39am On Sep 20, 2005
Living in Far East, I didn't know about this song until now.   tongue

1 billion download is something that doesn't happen everyday, but explainable considering the number of entire Chinese speaking population, combined with Asian characters of "what's neighbours listening/wearing/having must be cool so i want to have it".  

By the way, 2face Idibia's "African Queen" is quite popular among some people in the country where i reside, who's spouse is Nigerian.  What's good is good, and can go beyond borders.
Re: Chinese "Song of Pig", Downloaded 1 Billion Times by WesleyanA(f): 5:41am On Sep 20, 2005
i don't get that term "internet pop star". she only has her songs on the internet or what?
Re: Chinese "Song of Pig", Downloaded 1 Billion Times by hotangel2(f): 5:52am On Sep 20, 2005
Yeah wes. It's only distributed in the web Since china is known for piracy. I guess
Re: Chinese "Song of Pig", Downloaded 1 Billion Times by Seun(m): 6:54am On Sep 20, 2005
If 2Face Idibia allowed the free distribution of his songs online do you think he'll be more popular?

Anyway, I'd like to encourage our musicians to make sure that whatever they release is well-polished. Remove all the little imperfections so that, when people are listening, from start to finish every thing is really cool. Any noticeable imperfection spoils the mood of the listener and reduces the chance that your album would be smash hit!
Re: Chinese "Song of Pig", Downloaded 1 Billion Times by hotangel2(f): 6:59am On Sep 20, 2005
Yes seun. I think if he allows the distrubution of his Song it's could be popular.. i am 92% sure abt that. Not just allowing it, but puttin it up on a good website and prolly registering it with all the search engines, i fink there's a way to do that.
Re: Chinese "Song of Pig", Downloaded 1 Billion Times by jade(f): 7:26am On Sep 20, 2005
internet pop star is popular here too. They are active only on internet, such as performing or selling their music, publish their blog, their photos, their live video etc. Traditionally you get famous by showing yourself in TV, radio, go public, does promotion outside etc, etc. Since internet has developed and became the 4th media, there are people who show themselves on internet only.
Re: Chinese "Song of Pig", Downloaded 1 Billion Times by whiteshark(m): 12:49am On Sep 21, 2005
Ehhhmmmm.... Cool, I like it !!!

Re: Chinese "Song of Pig", Downloaded 1 Billion Times by whiteshark(m): 2:17am On Sep 21, 2005
Men I listened to this sone over and over and over and over again. It is so so so so... much Cool in a stupid way. I have added it to my list of songs stored in the system and I will burn it in a CD so dat I can listen in my ride when I go to work or when I am feeling sad. Way to go piggy !!!
Re: Chinese "Song of Pig", Downloaded 1 Billion Times by hotangel2(f): 3:50am On Sep 21, 2005
Awwww.... i just listened to the song. It's tight. I love the beats..
Re: Chinese "Song of Pig", Downloaded 1 Billion Times by layi(m): 5:18pm On Sep 21, 2005
The songs is nice. 4 factors contributed to the large distribution.
"singers popularity+ song's uniqueness+free distribution+hype"

The song is stupidly good. That makes it unique

@HotA
Kenny isnt a director. mr Lecturer was directed by ID who himself isnt a good director.
The Nigeria industry would blow u up soon. I now faith in them. I'm in the industry and i know whatz up. We've got great talents from singers,rappers,music directors, 3D animators, producers, songwriters etc. They are too good.
Watch some Nigerian songs on MTVBase. U'll be proud you are a Nigerian. See my new thread (today) on Tear-inducing songs.

We can make it but we are yet to fully explore the internet in distributin our songs/talents.
Re: Chinese "Song of Pig", Downloaded 1 Billion Times by waterfalls: 10:21am On Oct 04, 2005
The pig song is a cool and funny song. I think the poor girl that did that song is really hard working. Though most chinese will tell u that the song is a childish song compare to what other chinese artist do. But the poor girl was able to secure a deal after that song due to its fast popularity among asian youths. she was able to build her fans around the internet with the help of QQ , yahoo messnger and so on, with over a billion people in china alone she easily achieve her goal. well its a good idea for aspiring artist.
Re: Chinese "Song of Pig", Downloaded 1 Billion Times by Seun(m): 7:13am On Apr 28, 2006
I still like the song. Her voice is very good and the production is without blemish.
Re: Chinese "Song of Pig", Downloaded 1 Billion Times by ofokasibe: 12:57pm On Sep 03, 2009
hen seun posted this song and i didnt see it, make i go hear am

(1) (Reply)

M.i New Album (talk About It) / Joy To The World -- Hymn Solfa / Create Your Top Ten List Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.