Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,923 members, 7,806,684 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 08:43 PM

ACADEMIC STAFF VACANCIES At Uniosun 2014 - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / ACADEMIC STAFF VACANCIES At Uniosun 2014 (846 Views)

Hallmark University Massive Academic And Non-academic Staff Recruitment / INEC Recruitment 2014 (ADHOC Staff Vacancies)-apply / Academic And Non-academic Staff Vacancies At Rivers State College Of Health Scie (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

ACADEMIC STAFF VACANCIES At Uniosun 2014 by Adebayolove(m): 5:26pm On Aug 11, 2014
Applications are invited from suitably qualified
candidates for the vacant positions below:
1. COLLEGE OF AGRICULTURE
Department of Animal Science
Senior Lecturers
Areas of Specialization: - Animal Breeding / Genetics; and Animal Products / Meat Science.
Lecturer I
Areas of Specialization: - Animal Breeding, Non- Ruminant Nutrition and Genetics
Lecturer II
Areas of Specialization: - Dairy Science, Pasture and Range Management
Department of Agricultural Economics and Extension
Professors
Area of Specialization: - Agricultural Economics and Extension.
Lecturer I
Area of Specialization: - Agricultural Economics
Lecturer II
Areas of Specialization:- Agricultural Extension and Rural Development
Department of Fisheries and Wildlife Management
Professors
Areas of Specialization: - Wildlife Management, Fisheries and Aquaculture
Senior Lecturers
Areas of Specialization: - Fisheries Nutrition / Management and Aquaculture; and Wildlife
Management
Lecturer II
Areas of Specialization: - Fisheries Nutrition / Management and Aquaculture; and Wildlife
Management
2. COLLEGE OF EDUCATION
Department of Arts and Social Science Education
Adult Education Programme
- Professor /Senior Lecturer / Lecturer I /Lecturer II
Education Management Programme
- Professor /Senior Lecturer / Lecturer I /Lecturer II /Assistant Lecturer
Political Science Education Programme
- Lecturer I /Lecturer II
English Education Programme
Economics Education Programme
Guidance and Counselling Programme
- Professor /Senior Lecturer / Lecturer I /Lecturer II /Assistant Lecturer
Department of Science, Technology and Mathematics Education
Biology Education Programme
Lecturer I /Lecturer II
Chemistry Education Programme
Lecturer I /Lecturer II
Physics Education Programme
Lecturer I /Lecturer II
Mathematics Education Programme
Lecturer I /Lecturer II
Vocational and Technical Education
Professor /Lecturer I
3. COLLEGE OF HEALTH SCIENCES
Department of Physiology
Professor /Senior Lecturer/Assistant Lecturer
Department of Anatomy
Professor /Senior Lecturer /Lecturer II /Assistant Lecturer
Department of Pharmacology
Professor /Senior Lecturer
Department of Nursing Science
Professor /Senior Lecturer I /Lecturer II/ Assistant Lecturer
4. COLLEGE OF HUMANITIES AND CULTURE
Department of History and International Studies
Associate Professor
Area of Specialization:- Strategic Studies/Military History/Security Studies/War Studies/
Conflict and Peace Studies
Senior Lecturer
Area of Specialization:-Strategic Studies/Military History/Security Studies
Lecturer I / II
Area of Specialization:- Strategic Studies/Military History/Security Studies/War Studies/
Conflict Studies
Department of Languages and Linguistics
Professor / Associate Professor/ Senior Lecturer
Area of Specialization for English and Literary Studies: Language option
Media Arts/Journalism, Communication and Linguistics studies, English Phonetics/
Phonology, Nigerian English/Sociolinguistics, Discourse Analysis, Syntax, Stylistics.
Area of Specialization for English and Literary Studies: Literature option
English/African Poetry, Literary Theory and Dramatic Literature in English, Novel. Poetry,
Gender Studies and Masculinities
Theatre Arts /Film Studies Programme
Film Studies, Cinematography, Arts of the Theatre, Technical Theatre, Theatre Management
and Administration, Media Arts, Dramatic Literature and Criticism, Dance and Choreography.
Communication Studies
Senior Lecturer /Lecturer I
Areas of Specialization: Communication Studies
Arabic Studies
Professor/Senior Lecturer /Lecturer I/II /Assistant Lecturer
Centre for Language Engineering
Professor /Senior Lecturer /Lecturer I /Assistant Lecturer
5. COLLEGE OF LAW
Professor / Senior Lecturer/ Lecturer I
Areas of Specialization-Business Law and Public Law
6. COLLEGE OF MANAGEMENT AND SOCIAL SCIENCES
Department of Entrepreneurial Studies
Professor /Lecturer I (with Ph.D) / Assistant Lecturer
Area of Specialization/ Relevant Fields:- Management Sciences, Business Administration,
Agricultural Economics, Economics, Industrial Relations, Human Resource Management,
Vocational and Technical Education.
Department of Business Administration
Professor/Senior Lecturer/Lecture I /Lecturer II /Assistant Lecturer-
Area of Specialization / Relevant Fields:- Management, Finance, Marketing, Operations
Research / Management, International Business and Human Resource Management.
Department of Human Resource Development
Professor / Lecturer I / Lecturer II / Assistant Lecturer
Area of Specialization /:- Human Resource Management, Industrial Relations, Industrial
Education, Industrial and Organization Psychology.
Department of Accounting
Professor /Senior Lecturer /Lecture I
Department of Banking and Finance
Professor / Senior Lecturer / Lecturer I(with Ph.D) /Lecturer II /Assistant Lecturer
Department of Political Science and International Relations
Professor /Associate Professor /Senior Lecturer/Lecturer II
Department of Economics
Professor /Senior Lecturer /Lecturer I / Lecturer II
Department of Geography
Associate Professor /Lecturer II /Assistant Lecturer
Department of Sociology
Professor / Senior Lecturer /Lecturer I/II /Assistant Lecturer
7. COLLEGE OF SCIENCE, ENGINEERING AND TECHNOLOGY
Department of Biological Sciences
Microbiology Programme
Professor / Associate Professor/ Lecturer I/II /Assistant Lecturer
Area of Specialization: - Food and Industrial or Pharmaceutical Microbiology, Mycology,
Virology/Immunology
Plant Biology Programme
Professor/Associate Professor / Senior Lecturer / Lecturer I (with Ph.D)- /Lecturer II (with
Ph.D) /Assistant Lecturer
Area of Specialization: -Professors/Associate Professors applicants should specialize in
Cytogenetic/ Plant Biosystematics with strong capability in plant biotechnology
application; for Lecturer I/II applicants should specialize in Plant Taxonomy or Plant
Anatomy/Ethnobotany or lower plants. Assistant Lecturer should have potential/evidence to
specialize in any of the following areas: Plant Genetics, Reproductive Biology and Ecology.
Zoology Programme
Lecturer I/Lecturer II /Assistant Lecturer
Area of Specialization:-Hydrobiology/Fisheries, Vertebrate Biology, and Animal Physiology.
Department of Chemical Sciences
Biochemistry Programme
Professor / Senior Lecturer / Lecturer I /Lecture II /Assistant Lecturer
Area of Specialization:- Toxicology / Nutritional Biochemistry / Biotechnology. However, for
Lecturer I/II it could in any area of specialization.
Chemistry Programme
Professor / Senior Lecturer / Lecturer II/Assistant Lecturer
Area of Specialization: - For Professor -applicants should specialize in Organic Chemistry
and for Senior Lecturer applicants should be in the area of Physical / Inorganic Chemistry
while for Lecturer I and below it is Chemistry.
Industrial Chemistry Programme
Professor / Senior Lecturer /Lecturer I/Lecturer II(with Ph.D )
Area of Specialization:- For Professor – Applicants should be in the area of Analytical
Environmental Chemistry while for Senior Lecturer and below applicants should be in the
area of Industrial Chemistry
Geology Programme
Professor / Senior Lecturer
Area of Specialization: - For Professor- Applicants should specialize in Sedimentology/
Sedimentary Geology/Stratigraphy while for Senior Lecturer- Applicants should be in the
area of Structural Geology/Paleontology/Petroleum Geology
Department of Civil Engineering
Professor /Associate Professor/ Senior Lecturer /Lecturer II
Area of Specialization:- Any area of Civil Engineering
Department of Electrical/Electronic Engineering
Professor /Senior Lecturer / Lecturer I/Lecturer II(with Ph.D) /Assistant Lecturer
Area of Specialization:- For Professor and Senior Lecturer positions applicants should
specialize in Power & Machines Engineering/ Instrumentation and Control/ Communication
Engineering.
Department of Mechanical Engineering
Senior Lecturer / Lecturer I /Lecturer II
Department of Mathematical and Physical Sciences
Physics with Electronics Programme
Senior Lecturer /Lecturer II
Area of Specialization: - For Senior Lecturer – Geophysics or Atmospheric Physics; Lecturer
II – Radiation and Health Physics or Theoretical Physics;
Mathematics with Statistics Programme
Professor/Associate Professor / Senior Lecturer
Area of Specialization: - For Associate Professor applicants should specialize in – Applied
Mathematics with Specialization in Field Mechanics while candidates for Senior Lecturer
should specialize in Pure Mathematics.
Department of Information Management Technology
Computer Programme
Professor /Associate Professor / Senior Lecturer /Lecturer II
Department of Urban and Regional Planning
Senior Lecturer / Lecturer I /Lecturer II
Department of Architecture
Senior Lecturer / Lecturer I
Department of Estate Management
Senior Lecturer / Lecturer I /Lecturer II /Assistant Lecturer
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
Please check specific disciplinary requirements where applicable below:-
Professor:- The candidate who must have been an Associate Professor for at least three (3)
years, must have a Ph.D. degree in the area specified and evidence of highly scholarly
productivity. The Candidate must have adequate acceptable publications locally and
internationally with distinctive academic quality, originality and contribution to knowledge. The
candidate must be willing to initiate and develop courses at both Undergraduate and
Postgraduate levels and be able to supervise Postgraduate students in his / her areas of
specialization. Minimum of fifteen (15) years Post Qualification Teaching Experience in
University or related Tertiary Institution and adequate years of Administrative Experience.
Registration with Professional body where applicable is compulsory.
Associate Professor:- The candidate must have been a Senior Lecturer for at least three (3)
years with a Ph.D. degree in the area specified and evidence of highly scholarly productivity
with nothing less than ten (10) years of Teaching and Research Experience
in a University. The candidate must be willing to initiate and develop courses at both
Undergraduate and Postgraduate levels and be able to supervise Postgraduate students in his /
her areas of specialization. The Candidate must have adequate acceptable publications locally
and internationally with distinctive academic quality, originality and contribution to knowledge.
He /she must have adequate administrative experience. Registration with Professional body
where applicable is compulsory.
Senior Lecturer:- The candidate must have a Ph.D. degree or its equivalent in the relevant field
from a recognized Institution plus six (06) years Post Qualification Teaching and Research
experience in the University system. The Candidate must have adequate acceptable
publications with distinctive academic quality, originality and contribution to knowledge. He /
she must have the ability to teach courses at both Undergraduate and Postgraduate levels with
adequate Research experience and ability to supervise Postgraduate students. Registration
with Professional body where applicable is compulsory.
Note: For Law Programme
Professor/ Senior Lecturer must possess a Doctorate Degree in Law and must have been called
to Bar. Twelve (12) years of Teaching and Research Experience in the University System and at
least be at the Rank of Associate Professor/Reader with proven record of scholarly publications
while six (6) years of Teaching and Research Experience is needed for the position of a Senior
Lecturer who possesses a Ph.D Degree and already attained a Lecturer I status with adequate
scholarly publications.
Lecturer I:- The candidate must have a Ph.D. degree in relevant field with adequate and
acceptable publications with distinctive academic quality, originality and contribution to
knowledge. The Candidate must have a minimum of three (3) years teaching experience with
ability to initiate and supervise Research Programmes at the undergraduate level. Registration
with Professional body where applicable is compulsory.
Lecturer II:- The candidate must have at least a Ph.D. or Masters degree (Evidence of
Registration for Ph.D. and progress report in specified area required) with adequate and
acceptable publications with distinctive academic quality, originality and contribution to
knowledge with two years teaching experience.
Assistant Lecturer
The candidate must have at least a Masters degree (Evidence of Registration for Ph.D. and
progress report in specified area required).
Director of Physical Planning :-
(a) Candidates must possess First Degree in any of the following: Civil Engineering, Building
Technology, Urban and Regional Planning and Architecture plus fifteen (15) years post
qualification cognate experience or
(b) Possession of First and Masters Degree in Civil Engineering, Building Technology, Urban
and Regional Planning and Architecture plus twelve (12) years Cognate Experience.
In addition, candidates must be professionally qualified by being a Chartered Member of any of
the appropriate professional body such as COREN, CORBON, TOPREC, ARCON, NIOB etc
Director of Audit:-
(c) Candidates must possess First Degree in Accountancy, Business Administration, Economics,
Banking and Finance or any other relevant University first degrees plus fifteen (15) years post
qualification cognate experience or
(d) Possession of First and Masters Degree in Accountancy, Business Administration,
Economics, Banking and Finance or any other relevant University first degrees plus twelve (12)
years Cognate Experience.
In addition, candidates must be professionally qualified by being a Chartered Member of any of
the appropriate professional body, with 10 years post qualification experience, such as
(i) Institute of Chartered Accountants of Nigeria (ICAN)
(ii) Association of National Accountants of Nigeria (ANAN)
(iii) Association of Certified Accountants (ACA)
(iv) Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA)
(v) Association of Certified and Management Accountants (ACMA)
METHOD OF APPLICATION
Applicants are required to submit twenty-five (25) copies of their application and current
Curriculum Vitae which should contain among others:
1. Full Name (Surname First in Capital Letters)
2. Post applied for
3. Place and Date of Birth
4. Marital Status
5. Name, Address and Phone Number of Next of Kin
6. Number of Children and their Ages
7. Nationality and State of Origin (If a Nigerian)
8. Local Government of Origin (If from Osun State)
9. Contact Details (including Mobile Telephone Numbers and Email)
10. Permanent Home Address
11. Institutions Attended with Dates
12. Academic and Professional Qualifications with dates
13. Work Experience with Dates including full details of former and present posts
14. Present Employment Status and Salary
15. List of Publications (If any)
16. Extra-Curricular Activities
17. Any other relevant information that would facilitate a positive review of your application
18. Names and Addresses of three (3) relevant referees.
Applicants should request their nominated referees to forward their reports under separate and
confidential cover direct to:
The Registrar,
Osun State University,
P.M.B. 4494,
Osogbo, Osun State, Nigeria.
All applicants, particularly for Non-Academic positions should note that they may be required
to serve in any of the six campuses of the University.
All applications should be submitted to the Registrar at the above address. Applicants should
indicate at the top left hand corner of their envelopes the position they are applying for. Only
shortlisted candidates would be contacted.
Closing Date: All applications and references should reach the Registrar not later than 21 days
after the date of this publication. It is the responsibility of the applicant to ensure that their
references are submitted by that date.
* Please note that unsolicited applications for positions not advertised would not be
acknowledged.
Dr. FANIRAN, J. O. JP
Registrar

www.uniosun.edu.ng/index.php/academic-staff-vacancies.html
Re: ACADEMIC STAFF VACANCIES At Uniosun 2014 by dhope: 6:07pm On Aug 11, 2014
i dont think these pple are serious. what has happened to d one we wrote it's test abt 2mths ago? now dey are embarking on another recruitment leaving d other one inconclusive. well mayb na next yr oct dey will call for d test of dis one.

(1) (Reply)

Please How Do I Locate The Address On This Invite? / Financial Analyst Vacancy / Top 5 Things You Should Never Do At Work.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.