Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,975 members, 7,806,848 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 04:05 AM

Omisore - I Lost Osun Election To Partisan Acts Of Ex-REC Commissioner - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Omisore - I Lost Osun Election To Partisan Acts Of Ex-REC Commissioner (20327 Views)

2015 Election: Jonathan Should Have Sacked Partisan Jega – Okupe / Nigerians Voted Change, Not Acts Of Masturbation, Iwuanyanwu Tells Buhari / Osun Election: Omisore, PDP Head For Tribunal (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Omisore - I Lost Osun Election To Partisan Acts Of Ex-REC Commissioner by Burnaaboi(m): 5:09pm On Aug 12, 2014
Mr omisore shout up ur mouth...even ur oga at d top bro Jonathan ave congratulated ogbeni sexy....why ar u still murmuring and grumbuling

1 Like

Re: Omisore - I Lost Osun Election To Partisan Acts Of Ex-REC Commissioner by mirage(m): 5:28pm On Aug 12, 2014
Eh! yeah, sorry I feel ur pain after eating 10 congo of corn all in an attempt to identify with d grassroot.
In the bible of Nigeria politics, this is called 'The lamentation of Omisore Chapter1 vs 1-10'

2 Likes

Re: Omisore - I Lost Osun Election To Partisan Acts Of Ex-REC Commissioner by Sacramento4real(m): 5:29pm On Aug 12, 2014
See dis one wey dem call 4 debate wey he run,nai come dey wan form debate tins 4 here o.Na now u know say poverty and neglect full every where?Wen dem call u 4 debate,why u nor come?
Shebi Ogbeni tell una say Osun nor be Ekiti,una nor hear?How e be 4 una eye now?

1 Like

Re: Omisore - I Lost Osun Election To Partisan Acts Of Ex-REC Commissioner by majekobaje1: 5:54pm On Aug 12, 2014
Owk nah if u don't want me as ur governor I will go 4 counselor next election : Omisore

1 Like

Re: Omisore - I Lost Osun Election To Partisan Acts Of Ex-REC Commissioner by mogentle(m): 6:03pm On Aug 12, 2014
Tvegas:

Stop distorting the truth, Omisore had 292,000 votes (42% of total votes cast) across 30 local governments, to me thats not a mean feat against an incumbent. This guy really tried, APC had better buckled up, Aregbe seems to be the only one who can retain his seat in APC and before you kill me am not a PDP member. Just stating the facts.

We de wait!!!!!
Re: Omisore - I Lost Osun Election To Partisan Acts Of Ex-REC Commissioner by heykims(m): 6:09pm On Aug 12, 2014
PaulJohn1:

It'll be unfair if we ignore what Omisore did when he was a senator even if we don't want him as a governor. Omisore increased the monthly allocation for Osun when he was in the senate while Oyinlola was the governor, he thought he would be the next governor after Oyinlola, but I think destiny says otherwise.
...nd he used d same federal influence not only to reduce it back but also to delay it in order to frustrate Aregbesola, d last allocation d state received was dt of May or June, wch was even paid towards d ending of d succeeding month nd it has been like dt for many months.
A gubernatorial aspirant without a manifesto, Omisore is a disgrace to all holders of PhD.

3 Likes

Re: Omisore - I Lost Osun Election To Partisan Acts Of Ex-REC Commissioner by rafcrown(m): 6:18pm On Aug 12, 2014
The man should be taught HOW TO SMILE.

1 Like

Re: Omisore - I Lost Osun Election To Partisan Acts Of Ex-REC Commissioner by Nobody: 6:19pm On Aug 12, 2014
Omisore can never Govern any state in Nigeria , this is simply factt !

1 Like

Re: Omisore - I Lost Osun Election To Partisan Acts Of Ex-REC Commissioner by PrinceMario(m): 6:21pm On Aug 12, 2014
slimfit1: Senator for how many years no single bill sponsored that makes impact on the people then you think you can rule over them just to come and pay salaries and loot mr man my people are not daft like other state that I'm not going to mention ( kogi, bayelsa and the rest )
Seems you're sick for spewing gibberish on Kogites. Did u know what been daft means? i have know fault,i think seun need to start carrying out psychological test for NL members so that tyrants like you can be flush out.

1 Like

Re: Omisore - I Lost Osun Election To Partisan Acts Of Ex-REC Commissioner by PrinceMario(m): 6:24pm On Aug 12, 2014
NgeneUkwenu:

People like Omisore can only govern backward states like Abia, Kogi and Ebonyi States!
i said it. lots of clowns are on NL. how dare you tag a state as been backward. BTW, tell me your state and i will Bleep ur ass' here. trust me.

1 Like

Re: Omisore - I Lost Osun Election To Partisan Acts Of Ex-REC Commissioner by lastpage: 7:39pm On Aug 12, 2014
Omisore: “For instance, we had a situation where a clearly
partisan Resident Electoral Commissioner had
opened the entire electoral system to our
opponent from registration stage through data
storage to personnel loading.
“Though the leadership of INEC eventually took
him out of the state weeks to the elections
, he
already did a lot of harm in the system that
would take years to rectify.

RockMaxi:

The extract above speaks volumes and if properly placed it should be "We have our game plan that was leaked to the opponent"

Next time eat more than 2 corns at a time..

Dont mind the vicious clown!
They planted their "man-friday" into INEC after briefing him properly on what to do to falsify figures, otherwise how would Omisore even garner close to 300,000 votes in Osun state?

Just look at him and do a little extrapolation: He won in just six districts and still got close to 300,000 vote. That is about an average of close to 50,000 votes/district!
Now, imagine if he had won in over 20 districts like Aregbesola, he woul dhave totalled on average, about 1,000,000 votes! shocked shocked shocked

Yet Aregbesola won the same election with just under 400,000 votes
Their 'game-plan' was to inflate figures in as many districts as possible but it does not always work according to plan. wink wink

BTW: No one is returning your "Muudu of RICE and Bottle of Kerosine"!
Its their money that you stole, that they collected just the "VAT" on, you are still owing them the "balance". shocked shocked undecided
Therefore quit sulking like a baby! grin grin

Lastpage!

4 Likes

Re: Omisore - I Lost Osun Election To Partisan Acts Of Ex-REC Commissioner by yomanovic: 8:07pm On Aug 12, 2014
PaulJohn1:

It'll be unfair if we ignore what Omisore did when he was a senator even if we don't want him as a governor. Omisore increased the monthly allocation for Osun when he was in the senate while Oyinlola was the governor, he thought he would be the next governor after Oyinlola, but I think destiny says otherwise.

Nice one! The only thing he did was to preprare for his greedy ambition.
Re: Omisore - I Lost Osun Election To Partisan Acts Of Ex-REC Commissioner by bunmioguns(m): 8:08pm On Aug 12, 2014
hazyfm: [size=28pt]THE MAN OF THE PEOPLE[/size]

grin grin
grin
Re: Omisore - I Lost Osun Election To Partisan Acts Of Ex-REC Commissioner by Nobody: 8:36pm On Aug 12, 2014
A murderer can't govern osun state.we hate u and we always do.ika

1 Like

Re: Omisore - I Lost Osun Election To Partisan Acts Of Ex-REC Commissioner by goksongold(m): 8:52pm On Aug 12, 2014
Omisore u lost the osun election because you are greedy n selfish, u lost because u r not a grassroot politician, u lost because you r not popular positively, u lost because you r too sure of yourself( to rig), u lost because you just can't win no matter what, u lost because the good people of osun doesn't want u, u lost because u r too short to be the governor of osun state, u lost because it has be written.

2 Likes

Re: Omisore - I Lost Osun Election To Partisan Acts Of Ex-REC Commissioner by RockMaxi: 9:13pm On Aug 12, 2014
lastpage:

Dont mind the vicious clown!
They planted their "man-friday" into INEC after briefing him properly on what to do to falsify figures, otherwise how would Omisore even garner close to 300,000 votes in Osun state?

Just look at him and do a little extrapolation: He won in just six districts and still got close to 300,000 vote. That is about an average of close to 50,000 votes/district!
Now, imagine if he had won in over 20 districts like Aregbesola, he woul dhave totalled on average, about 1,000,000 votes! shocked shocked shocked

Yet Aregbesola won the same election with just under 400,000 votes
Their 'game-plan' was to inflate figures in as many districts as possible but it does not always work according to plan. wink wink

BTW: No one is returning your "Muudu of RICE and Bottle of Kerosine"!
Its their money that you stole, that they collected just the "VAT" on, you are still owing them the "balance". shocked shocked undecided
Therefore quit sulking like a baby! grin grin

Lastpage!

My belle wan burst oo grin grin
Re: Omisore - I Lost Osun Election To Partisan Acts Of Ex-REC Commissioner by size38: 10:30pm On Aug 12, 2014
Even if Osun state election is to be conducted 1million times, I don't see Omisore winning. Except a situation where Omisore will run Osun state election against GEJ. Where his people will consider him first as an indigene as against GEJ who is from Bayelsa state.
Re: Omisore - I Lost Osun Election To Partisan Acts Of Ex-REC Commissioner by dangoteagent: 11:07pm On Aug 12, 2014
To become a distributor of dangote cement call sales manager (RS scheme): 09024810323 or at sales.distributors.applcation@gmail.com
Re: Omisore - I Lost Osun Election To Partisan Acts Of Ex-REC Commissioner by deeobserver209(m): 1:38am On Aug 13, 2014
Scientifically speaking, supporters of APC /APC_E_Vultures experience a rush in adrenaline substance in their body system any time their filthy eyes sees the word 'PDP'. Hence the abuse and hate towards responsible members of society. No wonder they are usually referred to as 'Children of Anger'.
Re: Omisore - I Lost Osun Election To Partisan Acts Of Ex-REC Commissioner by henryhemon(m): 4:41am On Aug 13, 2014
NgeneUkwenu:

People like Omisore can only govern backward states like Abia, Kogi and Ebonyi States!
Very true.
Re: Omisore - I Lost Osun Election To Partisan Acts Of Ex-REC Commissioner by mfm04622: 6:50am On Aug 13, 2014
PaulJohn1:

Please tell me how a Senator can increase allocation to a state? Funds are allocated by formula. Did he change the formula itself or data used for the formula? Changing any state allocation is beyond the power of any Senator please. Or you can teach me so we can use same idea for my poor state
Re: Omisore - I Lost Osun Election To Partisan Acts Of Ex-REC Commissioner by omokab: 7:26am On Aug 13, 2014
If is APC crying like this ,the PDP e-rant will start attacking him on the media that APC should learn how to accept defeat.NotWithstanding,Omisebi should know politicks has gone beyound what he is thinking.INEC REC have tamper with the system,while did he have majority of the votes in his own area.so, what he was trying to tell us now is that, the result of other places that APC won has been manupulated while he uses his own infuence to win the other six local government or INEC forgot to manupulate those area..Honestly speaking,if we throw knife up 200 times it will always land with the same side.Meaning if you contest 200times in osun as a governor you will always loose.
Re: Omisore - I Lost Osun Election To Partisan Acts Of Ex-REC Commissioner by Ayopercent(m): 7:37am On Aug 13, 2014
OTHER LESSONS FROM OSUN - BAMIDELE
JOHNSON
Certain lessons, presumably, have been learnt
from the governorship election in the State of
Osun. The lessons learnt are likely to have
depended on what wasn’t obvious to you before
the election.
Smarter people, especially in the media (new and
traditional), have provided arm-long lists of what
was learnt from the defeat of Senator (Engr.)
Iyiola Omisore as engineered by Ogbeni (Engr.)
Rauf Aregbesola.
On the popular lists of lessons learnt are: 1)
sterling performance in office is key to re-
election 2) a candidate’s possession of common
touch is as important (or almost) as a stellar
performance record 3) stomach infrastructure
was not a game changer 4) the will of the people
will always triumph over that of tyranny etc.
All well and good. I have also learnt a few lessons
which may not offer the same profundity as those
already listed in the media, but are lessons all the
same.
The first: Never assume a successful formula in
one state will deliver the same outcome in
another.
Omisore attempted to copy “word for word” the
campaign manual written by Ayo Fayose in Ekiti.
Fayose, the exponent of public maize-chomping,
paraga-sipping and okada-riding, perhaps, was
speaking to a public that views those actions as
evidence of genuine connection with the masses.
He smiled while chewing maize or riding on
okada. Fayose, a master of theatre, chewed
lustily. Omisore didn’t. While he ate maize in
public, sometimes grabbing two cobs at a time, he
didn’t smile; he scowled. He simply lacked
Fayose’s exuberance, something that might have
told the voters that his affair with maize was an
act of bogus affinity.
His ride on okada was similarly joyless. He is,
perhaps, not the most expressive of persons. But
for a man with the physique of a pitbull and a face
like a mastiff’s, the people could be forgiven for
seeing menace instead of his desire to be seen as
one of them.
He certainly wasn’t helped by the view that he
represents menace, something that grew from his
presumed complicity in the murder of Chief Bola
Ige.
Lesson Two: Closely related to the first one. By
the time general elections come next year, maize
won’t as ubiquitous as it is this year.
The elections will be in April, when the maize
harvest will still be at its infancy. Maize may also
have lost its potency as a vote winner. Politicians
may have to look for some other items to chew,
drink or do in public. They’d be better served by
what is popular in their constituencies.
To the Northern politician, who is so persuaded, I
recommend kulikuli, kilishi, suya (Ebola
permitting) or fura de nunu.
And where alcohol is not prohibited, burukutu
should be consumed in public, with camera lights
flashing.
For those seeking stronger connections, getting a
pedicure and manicure from those itinerant
abokis with unsterilised tools is the way to go. In
this season of “the blood you are sharing”, a
candidate that shares blood with the masses, via
unsterilised manicure tools, should connect more
tightly.
Guys East of the Niger, I am convinced, will get
more mileage if they eat ube while assisting
traders in Ariaria or one of the many markets to
sell auto spare parts, fabrics or second-hand
underwear.
Those in Edo and Delta states should consider
eating starch and banga at motor parks,
preferably contriving to make an ample quantity of
the oily soup fall on their expensive suits and
brocades. Aspirants in Cross River and Akwa
Ibom states similarly must find a way of getting
their apparels embroidered with afang or
edikaikong.
In the Southwest, a wrap of amala or pounded
with okro or efo riro, accompanied by 20 pieces of
meat-commercial driver style-will do the trick. Of
course, it could cut the other way, as people may
view anyone eating in that fashion as constituting
a threat to public funds.
Whatever item is chosen should be consumed
with maniacal relish, even if simulated, and
preferably noisily. The poor, says a Yoruba
proverb, eat greedily and noisily, while the rich
pick their food. Since the appeal is to the poor, the
politician is advised to eat like the poor.
Lesson Four: “Stomach infrastructure” is the
past, present and future of our politics.
The loss of Ekiti State by the All Progressives
Congress in June, in some circles, was cast as
the triumph of stomach infrastructure over
physical infrastructure. Rice, noodles, detergents,
money et al were presented as having swung
things in favour of Ayo Fayose of the Peoples
Democratic Party.
Stomach infrastructure, I am convinced, played a
part in that election. How big a part it played is
what I don’t know. The fact, however, every
candidate with the means erect stomach
infrastructure. That has been with us for as long
as I can remember. While it now has a jazzy
moniker, it is by no means new as many were
trying to present it.
During the Second Republic, essential
commodities, especially rice, were given to the
needy by the late Lamidi Adedibu of the defunct
National Party of Nigeria.
I lived close to his home, so I saw the items being
shared. One Abimbola, then a chieftain of the
National People’s Party in Oyo State did same,
not on a similar scale, in his house on Oluyole
Estate, Ibadan.
I saw it in the Third Republic and I am seeing it
now. Kayode Fayemi’s wife fed the poor in Ekiti.
His government pays and still pays a stipend in
social security to a category of old people.
In 2011, photographs of mini-bags of rice bearing
the face of Senator Gbenga Bariyu Ashafa were
prominent on social media, just like those of Fufu
Aregbe and Omisore Rice have been prominent
this year. Stomach infrastructure was here, is
here and, I suspect, always will be. Though sad,
that is the situation.
But dressing it up as a new phenomenon is either
dishonest or a hint of ignorance.
Former president Olusegun Obasanjo does not
love Nigeria. The former president cannot be
divorced from Omisore’s election into the Senate
in 2003. While in prison custody for Ige’s murder,
without the opportunity to campaign, he
astonishingly won a senatorial seat. His election
was held up as an evidence of sympathy for him
over his travails. That appeared confirmed as a
ruse.
Since 2003, Omisore has contested three
elections, losing two. A bid to return to the Senate
in 2011 failed in spectacular fashion. This year,
even with federal might behind him, he came up
short again.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=482329778578792&substory_index=0&id=185489024929537&refid=7&_ft_=qid.6046927605215227167%3Amf_story_key.5111907908451277208&__tn__=%2As
Re: Omisore - I Lost Osun Election To Partisan Acts Of Ex-REC Commissioner by emperorlog: 9:35am On Aug 13, 2014
NgeneUkwenu:

https://m.premiumtimesng.com/news/top-news/166572-why-i-lost-osun-governorship-election-omisore.html?utm_source=&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=why-i-lost-osun-governorship-election-omisore?utm_source=&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=why-i-lost-osun-governorship-election-omisore

Dear Omisore or whatever you call yourself, be reminded that the election has vindicated Ogbeni Rauf and his policies. The people have chosen whom they feel is best. It's either you shut your mouth up or go to the tribunal, let's even hear what your prayers to the court will be. You can then explain to us how you gathered the votes from the 4LGs in IFE.

However, I Would like to advice you to start preparing for the next governorship election in four years' time. Please continue to distribute rice, Kerosene and money massively from now on till then. At least the people of Osun will see that you really care about them and you are capable of feeding them at least maybe you will get sympathy votes and get elected by then.

In the mean time, Rauf till 2018......Baba kabiru, go on sounnnnnn
Re: Omisore - I Lost Osun Election To Partisan Acts Of Ex-REC Commissioner by uceee(m): 9:37am On Aug 13, 2014
NgeneUkwenu:

The ignorant ones are usually the loudest.
Re: Omisore - I Lost Osun Election To Partisan Acts Of Ex-REC Commissioner by nokingasgod: 3:44pm On Aug 13, 2014
PaulJohn1:

Hmnnn, very interesting, so Omisore as a senator unilaterally increased the monthly allocation of Osun State? second base o jare!
Re: Omisore - I Lost Osun Election To Partisan Acts Of Ex-REC Commissioner by MisterLongman(m): 6:22pm On Aug 13, 2014
In Olamide's voice *Cry me a river baby, cry me a lagoon*
Re: Omisore - I Lost Osun Election To Partisan Acts Of Ex-REC Commissioner by Nobody: 11:46am On Aug 15, 2014
Nl pple una wicked ooO see as una jess bash d man chai oga ooo
Re: Omisore - I Lost Osun Election To Partisan Acts Of Ex-REC Commissioner by Ayopercent(m): 7:27am On Aug 18, 2014
Awa wi tan, he was shouting, TEE SO JUE, GBAA
LOWO E, KO MOO LO
Tee so jue – loju ba blind.
Gbaa lowo e- Lowo ba ro
Ko moo lo- l”Umbrella ba di void.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10204425466216721&id=1233172006&refid=8&_ft_=qid.6048779675231740191%3Amf_story_key.-6856534245427977819&__tn__=%2As

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Hamid Ali Resumes At Customs / Why Were Saraki, Oyegun, Dogara Absent At Tinubu's Colloquium? / Wike Sacks Ndubuisi Nwankwo For Defecting To APC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.