Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,383 members, 7,808,358 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:49 AM

Why Was India Ban From Football? - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Why Was India Ban From Football? (4490 Views)

Ghana-Nigeria Relations: Thoughts From Football Perspective / Why Did India Get Banned From Football World Cup? / Odemwingie Faces Life-ban From Super Eagles Over Comments (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Was India Ban From Football? by ghostwritter(m): 5:30pm On Aug 12, 2014
some said Indian used magic to manipulate the football games to their favour, while other said the country had never played football. what do you guys think?
Re: Why Was India Ban From Football? by Nobody: 6:04pm On Aug 12, 2014
...because FIFA cant give dem extra 15 minutes to dance n sing weneva dey score n lose any goal...

4 Likes

Re: Why Was India Ban From Football? by Caseless: 6:48pm On Aug 12, 2014
Nobody banned them.
But, the fake story we were told as kids was that fifa banned them for scoring too much goals whenever they meet an opponent(i'm yet to see the trophy they've won from their rain of goals). Again, we were told that they were able to score much goals using 'jaaz' that will make the goalkeeper in opponent's post sees knife, lion, fire etc, coming whenever a ball is kicked towards the goalkeeper and, the goalkeeper will have no option than to run and give way for the ball to enter into the net.
I no go forgive d pesin wey tel me dat lie.

1 Like

Re: Why Was India Ban From Football? by Caseless: 6:50pm On Aug 12, 2014
temigracie: ...because FIFA cant give dem extra 15 minutes to dance n sing weneva dey score n lose any goal...
i laff grin
Re: Why Was India Ban From Football? by Raddie(m): 7:40pm On Aug 12, 2014
temigracie: ...because FIFA cant give dem extra 15 minutes to dance n sing weneva dey score n lose any goal...
Lol!
#wicked
Re: Why Was India Ban From Football? by Nobody: 9:58pm On Aug 12, 2014
I was curious about this issue until I learnt what happened,back in the day they were comfortable using their bare feet to play soccer without soccer boot but fifa kicked against it and eversince they stayed out the football activities.
Re: Why Was India Ban From Football? by josh001(m): 10:53pm On Aug 12, 2014
Ohh so you have not heard, no problemo, I will give you the full details. It was on a sunny afternoon, a match between Nigeria and India, i have forgotten what stadium was used. it seemed awkward when the Indians came on with their bare feet to play but we were not bothered, they however all had sinister smiles on their faces, oh yes, it was in the maracana. I started to panic when I saw this Indian masked from head to toe with fetish markings, I was told he was their coach and he seemed to be saying ' dem don die today'. I was shocked when I heard that but I trusted Mikel to outpace their snailish defenders, did I just say Mikel, ehm sorry Rashidi yekini. It then started, with the first kick of the ball, the Indians shouted in a strange language and the ball turned to fire,
a ball of fire, the Nigerian players could not play it, even the keeper ran away from the post, the net was punctured from their goals. They ended up winning 99-1, a brave Nigerian took the fireball from them and dribbled through, scoring a stunner, but paid for it with his Right foot. FIFA upon seeing this, decided to ban them for 99 years, and upon the expiration of the ban, they get to play against Nigeria again, do get ready brothers, once bitten, twice shy.

If you are above 20 and you believed all of that, your life must be problem free, you must be the easy believe type, you may deserve 99 strokes of cane but then, I envy you, for ignorance is Bliss.

4 Likes

Re: Why Was India Ban From Football? by khattab02: 11:26pm On Aug 12, 2014
caseless: Nobody banned them.
But, the fake story we were told as kids was that fifa banned them for scoring too much goals whenever they meet an opponent(i'm yet to see the trophy they've won from their rain of goals). Again, we were told that they were able to score much goals using 'jaaz' that will make the goalkeeper in opponent's post sees knife, lion, fire etc, coming whenever a ball is kicked towards the goalkeeper and, the goalkeeper will have no option than to run and give way for the ball to enter into the net.
lol! The story sell die then, You go pitty naija when you hear am. someone even tell me say the goal wey we score na with iron boot, after the goal the boot tore. Lol! Weird things we believed then.

Bros, since you don know the truth now just forgive the person wey tell you.
Re: Why Was India Ban From Football? by khattab02: 11:41pm On Aug 12, 2014
aaronson: I was curious about this issue until I learnt what happened,back in the day they were comfortable using their bare feet to play soccer without soccer boot but fifa kicked against it and eversince they stayed out the football activities.
yes, true fifa banned them from a world cup with bare foot but the ban has been lifted since. They participated in Asian cup 2011 and I believe they should be in the qualifying rounds for the next, it is just that football is not their number 1 sport not even second just as soccer is no. 4th sport in USA.
Re: Why Was India Ban From Football? by ghostwritter(m): 11:39am On Aug 13, 2014
OMG!!!
kilode
honestly, I still can't believe any of u guys tale. most of us only heard of the stories.... was there no witness?
Re: Why Was India Ban From Football? by ghostwritter(m): 11:43am On Aug 13, 2014
I also hear that they use to bring a musician to the field to sing for them....lol.
Re: Why Was India Ban From Football? by Caseless: 5:20pm On Aug 13, 2014
khattab02: lol! The story sell die then, You go pitty naija when you hear am. someone even tell me say the goal wey we score na with iron boot, after the goal the boot tore. Lol! Weird things we believed then.

Bros, since you don know the truth now just forgive the person wey tell you.
hahahah...i don forgive am.

1 Like

Re: Why Was India Ban From Football? by khattab02: 5:32pm On Aug 13, 2014
caseless: hahahah...i don forgive am.
lol.. Okay oooo
Re: Why Was India Ban From Football? by sawhite: 6:30pm On Aug 13, 2014
dat a big lie, d fact is that they never qualify cuz of limited space given to asia
Re: Why Was India Ban From Football? by jieta: 6:05am On Aug 14, 2014
i red something about them hosting the nxt under 17 world cup
Re: Why Was India Ban From Football? by wordychap: 8:19am On Aug 14, 2014
They're more into cricket. They don't have d players, even Afganistan thrashed them in d Asian cup last year. They qualified once for FIFA world cup by default in 1950 but their football association could not send their team to play. Maybe its d stamina required for football that Indians lack.
Re: Why Was India Ban From Football? by Rodriguez12(m): 2:28am On Aug 02, 2017
Caseless:
Nobody banned them.
exactly d way me take hear am

(1) (Reply)

Nigeria Suspected Of Fixing World Cup Matches / More Pictures Of Messi And His New Tattoo / Defeat: We Found Charms In Our Dressing Room – Nigerian Captain

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.