Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,830 members, 7,802,658 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 06:24 PM

PILE FOUNDATION FOR TERRACE BUILDING AT LEKKI - Properties (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / PILE FOUNDATION FOR TERRACE BUILDING AT LEKKI (89881 Views)

Building On Swamp, How Do I Go, Raft Or Pile? / CONSTRUCTION PROCESS OF TERRACE BUILDING &BLOCK OF FLAT AT LEKKI / Picture Of Prostrating Building At Oba Akran Ikeja Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (40) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: PILE FOUNDATION FOR TERRACE BUILDING AT LEKKI by segcymoor(m): 5:10pm On Aug 16, 2014
Hmmn. I am afraid
Re: PILE FOUNDATION FOR TERRACE BUILDING AT LEKKI by mufutau55(m): 5:15pm On Aug 16, 2014
segcymoor: Hmmn. I am afraid

Uncle Segcy, the Big Boyz afraid? Of what? I beg no scare us oh!

Hajji M.
Re: PILE FOUNDATION FOR TERRACE BUILDING AT LEKKI by cleric(m): 6:26pm On Aug 16, 2014
mufutau55:
THANK YOU VERY MUCH SIR! (Yes in CAPS). Le't keep up the good work.
Hajji M.
Thank you very much SIR!

Oga, I am also very afraid.
Re: PILE FOUNDATION FOR TERRACE BUILDING AT LEKKI by segcymoor(m): 9:00pm On Aug 16, 2014
Anyway we conduct the soil test and investigation as schedule and behold the result make me afraid because within the area was raft foundation done but I tell you the best and safe foundation to adopt for this particular project is nothing but PILE!
.....it was revealed that 1.2m we assume safe is not good enough. The safe bearing capacity for this site is 2.7m

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: PILE FOUNDATION FOR TERRACE BUILDING AT LEKKI by cleric(m): 9:47pm On Aug 16, 2014
segcymoor: Anyway as scheduled we conduct the soil test and investigation as schedule and behold the result make me afraid because within the area was raft foundation done but I tell you the best and safe foundation to adopt for this particular project is nothing but PILE!
.....it was revealed that 1.2m we assume safe is not good enough. The safe bearing capacity for this site is 2.7m
Hmmmm....this is interesting. So even an inverted "T" with broad base will not suffice? embarassed . We are talking lots of money here because I assume you will need a minimum of 9 columns of pile.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: PILE FOUNDATION FOR TERRACE BUILDING AT LEKKI by segcymoor(m): 10:13pm On Aug 16, 2014
cleric:
Hmmmm....this is interesting. So even an inverted "T" with broad base will not suffice? embarassed . We are talking lots of money here because I assume you will need a minimum of 9 pillars of pile.
Absolutely! However, for that to work we need 2 options:
1-To excavate all building area with depth of 2.7m. So 2.7m in addition to 1.5m to road level. Odd!
2-To excavate all building area and back fill with sharp sand to natural ground level then proceed with normal 5 board.
However, any attempt to adopt any this option is to create a 'swimming pool' here because the water level here is quite high.

Hence the best and most safe and economic methods:short bore pile!
Re: PILE FOUNDATION FOR TERRACE BUILDING AT LEKKI by Chekitaut: 10:32pm On Aug 16, 2014
segcymoor:
1-To excavate all building area with depth of 2.7m. So 2.7m in addition to 1.5m to road level. Odd!
2-To excavate all building area and back fill with sharp sand to natural ground level then proceed with normal 5 board.
However, any attempt to adopt any this option is to create a 'swimming pool' here because the water level here is quite high.

What is the equivalent numbers of pile points/diameter that can take the load of the building, also what is the propose depth of the pile? In case like this money will exchange hands with quality, protection of life, economical sense and avoid ridiculous waste of money and human resources.
Re: PILE FOUNDATION FOR TERRACE BUILDING AT LEKKI by segcymoor(m): 6:49am On Aug 17, 2014
segcymoor: Anyway as we conduct the soil test and investigation as schedule and behold the result make me afraid because within the area was raft foundation done but I tell you the best and safe foundation to adopt for this particular project is nothing but PILE!

1 Like

Re: PILE FOUNDATION FOR TERRACE BUILDING AT LEKKI by Nobody: 7:11am On Aug 17, 2014
segcymoor: Anyway we conduct the soil test and investigation as schedule and behold the result make me afraid because within the area was raft foundation done but I tell you the best and safe foundation to adopt for this particular project is nothing but PILE!
looking forward to seeing the pile foundation implemented.
Re: PILE FOUNDATION FOR TERRACE BUILDING AT LEKKI by cleric(m): 9:18am On Aug 17, 2014
segcymoor:

This is serious but in the end, one has to do what has to be done otherwise the options are to either sell the land or risk other peoples' lives and the funds invested in the development the property because sooner or later, the lapses will begin to show.

1 Like

Re: PILE FOUNDATION FOR TERRACE BUILDING AT LEKKI by Chekitaut: 9:28am On Aug 17, 2014
await, i pray the client adopt the option...because many client(s) do not like to hear pile.

1 Like

Re: PILE FOUNDATION FOR TERRACE BUILDING AT LEKKI by cleric(m): 11:24am On Aug 17, 2014
Chekitaut: await, i pray the client adopt the option...because many client(s) do not like to hear pile.
I wouldn't think the client has a choice here unless he wants to build a bungalow. From a close scrutiny of the photos, I think that is why there are more bungalows than storey buildings around the site.
Re: PILE FOUNDATION FOR TERRACE BUILDING AT LEKKI by eudoh940(m): 1:15pm On Aug 17, 2014
I was der live. I still de follow my Oga 4 bk o. Boss I de loyal o. Pile foundation all d way...[color=][/color] grin[color=][/color] grin cheesy
Re: PILE FOUNDATION FOR TERRACE BUILDING AT LEKKI by chimeg(m): 1:52pm On Aug 17, 2014
@ Segcymoor,

Na Wao! This is quite some creative thinking.

So what will be the average cost of the pile foundation for this project?

And will it work perfectly well at the end?

Does it mean that the other houses standing in the area had pile foundations too?

Can you kindly respond please.
Re: PILE FOUNDATION FOR TERRACE BUILDING AT LEKKI by segcymoor(m): 3:11pm On Aug 17, 2014
chimeg: @ Segcymoor,
Na Wao! This is quite some creative thinking.
So what will be the average cost of the pile foundation for this project?
And will it work perfectly well at the end?
Does it mean that the other houses standing in the area had pile foundations too?
Can you kindly respond please.
In the first place, the most safe form of foundation is nothing but PILE ! How do you think bridges stand?
Although no building yet at both sides and back of the subject site. But from experience the land beside may have different texture. As a matter of fact raft is being done @ 2 plots to the side.

However, for clarity I may need to inform you that the texture for this particular site is not far from normal ajah sandy texture which ordinary raft will do.

Now, let me analysis what caused problem here:
From lekki epe express way towards the site was a sharp slope and the land level almost at the beginning of this subject site. From ages all the rubbles, rubbish etc was drawn down to this end by erosion over the years hence making top soil not good for structure. However underneath is sandy and firm soil.
if not for road level we intend to achieve and the fact that water level of this site is high (simply because it received all the water from higher ends to where it located underneath) we may easily remove all this stuff and do normal raft.

And regarding cost implications . ordinarily piling is quite costly than raft. However, our client has limited budget so we are looking at how to do better foundation (piling) with figures not too far from initial quote. ........e no easy o

2 Likes

Re: PILE FOUNDATION FOR TERRACE BUILDING AT LEKKI by cleric(m): 3:29pm On Aug 17, 2014
segcymoor:
And regarding cost implications . ordinarily piling is quite costly than raft. However, our client has limited budget so we are looking at how to do better foundation (piling) with figures not too far from initial quote. ........e no easy o
From all that you wrote, nothing made me happier than the above quote. grin
Re: PILE FOUNDATION FOR TERRACE BUILDING AT LEKKI by prince0011: 3:37pm On Aug 17, 2014
Oga segcymoor, great job you're doing..... I should be engaging you in a project soon. I have been following your thread for awhile now. Please can you give me the details of those that did the soil test please.
Re: PILE FOUNDATION FOR TERRACE BUILDING AT LEKKI by Emchio: 4:07pm On Aug 17, 2014
Following this thread with kin interest for a while now. So far, I can say you know what you are doing Mr segcymoor.

All the same, we would appreciate your patronage as regards plumbing and Sanitary materials - when the time comes.

We are Emchio Nigeria, with Office and showroom at Lekki and Odun Ade, respectively.

A trial will sure bring you back.

emchioenterprise@gmail.com
Re: PILE FOUNDATION FOR TERRACE BUILDING AT LEKKI by pmil(m): 5:27pm On Aug 17, 2014
Good doing it properly, now that you know, then their is no short cut!
segcymoor: Anyway we conduct the soil test and investigation as schedule and behold the result make me afraid because within the area was raft foundation done but I tell you the best and safe foundation to adopt for this particular project is nothing but PILE!
Re: PILE FOUNDATION FOR TERRACE BUILDING AT LEKKI by pmil(m): 5:32pm On Aug 17, 2014
@checkitaut, whether they like it or not, it better for them to be well advised, that people are doing something does not mean they are correct...Meanwhile, I don't think the cost should be problem, but doing it proper!...Segcymoore, advice him well, let him step up budget and do the right thing.
Chekitaut: await, i pray the client adopt the option...because many client(s) do not like to hear pile.
Re: PILE FOUNDATION FOR TERRACE BUILDING AT LEKKI by pmil(m): 5:42pm On Aug 17, 2014
Good work, good analysis, so, what is likely or (report based depth)to be the depth of your proposed pile?
segcymoor:
In the first place, the most safe form of foundation is nothing but PILE ! How do you think bridges stand?
Although no building yet at both sides and back of the subject site. But from experience the land beside may have different texture. As a matter of fact raft is being done @ 2 plots to the side.

However, for clarity I may need to inform you that the texture for this particular site is not far from normal ajah sandy texture which ordinary raft will do.

Now, let me analysis what caused problem here:
From lekki epe express way towards the site was a sharp slope and the land level almost at the beginning of this subject site. From ages all the rubbles, rubbish etc was drawn down to this end by erosion over the years hence making top soil not good for structure. However underneath is sandy and firm soil.
if not for road level we intend to achieve and the fact that water level of this site is high (simply because it received all the water from higher ends to where it located underneath) we may easily remove all this stuff and do normal raft.

Re: PILE FOUNDATION FOR TERRACE BUILDING AT LEKKI by pmil(m): 5:48pm On Aug 17, 2014
@cleric...so correct!
cleric:

This is serious but in the end, one has to do what has to be done otherwise the options are to either sell the land or risk other peoples' life and the funds invested in the development the property because sooner or later, the lapses will begin to show.
Re: PILE FOUNDATION FOR TERRACE BUILDING AT LEKKI by pmil(m): 6:04pm On Aug 17, 2014
Fear not! God is in control...Just do your analysis well and advise the client the better way.
Re: PILE FOUNDATION FOR TERRACE BUILDING AT LEKKI by Aventures(m): 7:23pm On Aug 17, 2014
Following with keen interest
Re: PILE FOUNDATION FOR TERRACE BUILDING AT LEKKI by Chekitaut: 8:16pm On Aug 17, 2014
Aventures: Following with keen interest
Hmmmm...i wish the client consider segcymore advice as the Good, Better, Best alternative. Segcy you did a great analysis Keep it up!!! the shape slope you mention, means the major road is higher than the present land level(this is another error)of the plot.
Re: PILE FOUNDATION FOR TERRACE BUILDING AT LEKKI by prince0011: 12:28am On Aug 18, 2014
Please Segcymoor, can you please provide me with the details of those that conducted your soil test? I hope to hear you soon.
Re: PILE FOUNDATION FOR TERRACE BUILDING AT LEKKI by Jamesqu(m): 2:05am On Aug 18, 2014
Segun,

I was just waiting for you to come back with this information. Mere looking at the level of water your guys were attempting to drain immediately indicated that only piling would solve the problem.

I doubt there is such a thing as only one plot in an area having this charactersistic. The surface area of the sand migration in your analysis will not be deposited in only one plot...that is why we can have oil in Akwa_ibom as well as Ondo state. The migrated sand from the inner Niger River was deposit across a wide area covering lots of flora, fauna and micros. The two sites around you doing ordinary raft will find out the hard way.

Not to digress...let science lead you and not money, if the soil test indicate only piling will do...then attempting to improvise will create a problem in future years.

Advise your client to look for the money by showing and educating him of the consequences...BoL!
Re: PILE FOUNDATION FOR TERRACE BUILDING AT LEKKI by segcymoor(m): 6:18am On Aug 18, 2014
Jamesqu: Segun,
I was just waiting for you to come back with this information. Mere looking at the level of water your guys were attempting to drain immediately indicated that only piling would solve the problem.
I doubt there is such a thing as only one plot in an area having this charactersistic. The surface area of the sand migration in your analysis will not be deposited in only one plot...that is why we can have oil in Akwa_ibom as well as Ondo state. The migrated sand from the inner Niger River was deposit across a wide area covering lots of flora, fauna and micros. The two sites around you doing ordinary raft will find out the hard way.
Not to digress...let science lead you and not money, if the soil test indicate only piling will do...then attempting to improvise will create a problem in future years.
Advise your client to look for the money by showing and educating him of the consequences...BoL!
Your analysis is absolutely correct! Virtually no structure yet within the area but bush. However, 2 structures at the vicinity is about 70 feet away. One is Burgalow and uncompleted story building with raft foundation (although yet to receive load)

On the contrary, my client appreciate our professional input and ready to go for it. Unfortunately, he has a tight and limited budget. As it stand, we are at the edge of sacrifice our profit to make this foundation done properly. .......it may sound unreasonable to you!
Re: PILE FOUNDATION FOR TERRACE BUILDING AT LEKKI by segcymoor(m): 6:27am On Aug 18, 2014
prince0011: Please Segcymoor, can you please provide me with the details of those that conducted your soil test? I hope to hear you soon.
Please kindly drop contact or better still mail us @:mooredesignbuild@gmail.com
Re: PILE FOUNDATION FOR TERRACE BUILDING AT LEKKI by Jamesqu(m): 6:45am On Aug 18, 2014
segcymoor:
Your analysis is absolutely correct! Virtually no structure yet within the area but bush. However, 2 structures at the vicinity is about 70 feet away. One is Burgalow and uncompleted story building with raft foundation (although yet to receive load)
On the contrary, my client appreciate our professional input and ready to go for it. Unfortunately, he has a tight and limited budget. As it stand, we are at the edge of sacrifice our profit to make this foundation done properly. .......it may sound unreasonable to you!

Not at all, though it is unreasonable for a contractor to eat into his profit but it is not unreasonable for me to hear it from you.

God will help you to comlete that your house too and that of your partners in your company...I hope when it comes to my turn, you will do same for me o...I like awoof grin

Regards to madam and the little girl.
Re: PILE FOUNDATION FOR TERRACE BUILDING AT LEKKI by cleric(m): 7:06am On Aug 18, 2014
Jamesqu:

Not at all, though it is unreasonable for a contractor to eat into his profit but it is not unreasonable for me to hear it from you .

Regards to madam and the little girl.
From the bolded I can deduce he has been in doing so in the past. But I hope your client will appreciate this very kind gesture.
Re: PILE FOUNDATION FOR TERRACE BUILDING AT LEKKI by Chekitaut: 9:42am On Aug 18, 2014
segcymoor:

No fear, No gain...the your method of when we get to the bridge we know how to cross it you are applying is a confident one thumbs up. Mr skyscrapper who knows how to treat the sky right...weldone once again.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (40) (Reply)

31-Year-Old Landlady: 'I Built This House With My Money, Not With My Body' / Lagos School Building: Before Collapse And After The Collapse (Photos) / Architectural Design At It Best (smart Homese)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.