Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,568 members, 7,809,070 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:20 PM

Pumping Water For Irrigation And Other Uses Using A Motorcycle (okada) - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Pumping Water For Irrigation And Other Uses Using A Motorcycle (okada) (3252 Views)

My Low Cost Sack And Drip Irrigation Farming. / If You Need Drip Irrigation And Installation! / Akinwumi Adesina Magaga Irrigation Farm (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pumping Water For Irrigation And Other Uses Using A Motorcycle (okada) by Pavore9: 1:43pm On Aug 13, 2014
Here is an invention by a Kenyan innovator, to help farmers pump water from shallow wells to beyond 1km for irrigation using a motorcycle (okada) with a capacity of pumping between 22,000 to 40,000 litres of water per hour, consuming a measly 0.2 litres of petrol in an hour.

Read more on http://koboideas..com/

2 Likes

Re: Pumping Water For Irrigation And Other Uses Using A Motorcycle (okada) by jethro2: 3:18pm On Aug 13, 2014
Nice one. I hope you are planning to bring some of those innovations to Nigeria.
Re: Pumping Water For Irrigation And Other Uses Using A Motorcycle (okada) by Pavore9: 3:38pm On Aug 13, 2014
jethro2: Nice one. I hope you are planning to bring some of those innovations to Nigeria.
grin grin grin
Re: Pumping Water For Irrigation And Other Uses Using A Motorcycle (okada) by boluwajokosegun: 5:28pm On Aug 13, 2014
This is simmilarly to the one use to generate electricity, thanks Pavore9
Re: Pumping Water For Irrigation And Other Uses Using A Motorcycle (okada) by Pavore9: 5:44pm On Aug 13, 2014
boluwajokosegun:
This is simmilarly to the one use to generate electricity, thanks Pavore9
You are welcome. Such cheap technology increase productivity and maximises one's profit. The one for electricity will be coming soon.
Re: Pumping Water For Irrigation And Other Uses Using A Motorcycle (okada) by kk4real: 6:13pm On Aug 13, 2014
Hi pavore9. Please mail me on tonero98@yahoo.com. I would like to have a chat with you. Thanks
Re: Pumping Water For Irrigation And Other Uses Using A Motorcycle (okada) by Pavore9: 6:32pm On Aug 13, 2014
kk4real: Hi pavore9. Please mail me on tonero98@yahoo.com. I would like to have a chat with you. Thanks
Send ur mail to: koboideas@gmail.com
Re: Pumping Water For Irrigation And Other Uses Using A Motorcycle (okada) by Pavore9: 5:56am On Aug 14, 2014
For those sending me mails: lt is the same motorbike we see around us, once it can start then u are good to go! The fuel consumption per hour is equivalent to around N20. U may not necessarily own the motorbike as u can always hire from the riders.
Re: Pumping Water For Irrigation And Other Uses Using A Motorcycle (okada) by Pavore9: 11:44am On Aug 14, 2014
l know some compounds in the villages have wells they draw manually, if they have tanks one can earn an income from pumping & filling the tanks for them. Filling a 20,000 litre tank within an hour could be charged for N1000 with a fuel cost of N20.
Re: Pumping Water For Irrigation And Other Uses Using A Motorcycle (okada) by fm7070: 4:25pm On Aug 14, 2014
good invention. using one machine for many purpose. ofcourse, it will reduce running cost
Re: Pumping Water For Irrigation And Other Uses Using A Motorcycle (okada) by shorexng: 3:12am On Aug 15, 2014
Pavore9 in a sane society you will be of immense benefit to the Ministry of Agriculture and rural development. I love this idea. I'm planning a visit to the local government I served in. This just looks like a perfect gift for the community.
Re: Pumping Water For Irrigation And Other Uses Using A Motorcycle (okada) by Nobody: 5:02am On Aug 15, 2014
Pavore9 at it again. Always with good news from our "family" the agriculture page
Re: Pumping Water For Irrigation And Other Uses Using A Motorcycle (okada) by Pavore9: 8:30am On Aug 15, 2014
happybrother: Pavore9 at it again. Always with good news from our "family" the agriculture page
No make me laugh o!
Re: Pumping Water For Irrigation And Other Uses Using A Motorcycle (okada) by SLIDEwaxie(m): 5:26am On Aug 16, 2014
I have seen a man from Nigeria who generates electricity from his datsun taxi for his welding works
Re: Pumping Water For Irrigation And Other Uses Using A Motorcycle (okada) by rareman(m): 6:01am On Aug 16, 2014
@pavore9 please how can one get that pump that is attached to the okada. Thank u
Re: Pumping Water For Irrigation And Other Uses Using A Motorcycle (okada) by Pavore9: 7:44am On Aug 16, 2014
rareman: @pavore9 please how can one get that pump that is attached to the okada. Thank u
lt will be in Nigeria in the next few weeks, l will keep you posted. Thanks.
Re: Pumping Water For Irrigation And Other Uses Using A Motorcycle (okada) by Bhurlagy(m): 8:17am On Aug 16, 2014
Following...
Re: Pumping Water For Irrigation And Other Uses Using A Motorcycle (okada) by matrixme(m): 10:55pm On Jul 23, 2017
need more about info when it arrives
Re: Pumping Water For Irrigation And Other Uses Using A Motorcycle (okada) by odindirindi: 1:32pm On Mar 13, 2020
Pavore9:
Here is an invention by a Kenyan innovator, to help farmers pump water from shallow wells to beyond 1km for irrigation using a motorcycle (okada) with a capacity of pumping between 22,000 to 40,000 litres of water per hour, consuming a measly 0.2 litres of petrol in an hour.

Read more on http://koboideas..com/

Pls drop your WhatsApp number lets chat
Re: Pumping Water For Irrigation And Other Uses Using A Motorcycle (okada) by officialfestus(m): 6:42am On Mar 14, 2020
Awesome

(1) (Reply)

Big Snails In Large Quantity For Sale. / Massive Fidan Broiler Chicks For Sale In Abuja.(more Than 50) / .

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.