Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,293 members, 7,807,990 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:42 AM

Breaking: Ebola Goes Out Of Control As 21 Quarantined In Enugu - Fg - Health (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Breaking: Ebola Goes Out Of Control As 21 Quarantined In Enugu - Fg (62569 Views)

BREAKING: Ebola Victim Dies In Port Harcourt / Breaking News: Ebola Goes Out Of Control As 21 Quarantined In Enugu - Fg / Breaking: Ebola Goes Out Of Control As 21 Quarantined In Enugu - Fg (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Breaking: Ebola Goes Out Of Control As 21 Quarantined In Enugu - Fg by oluwasegunfummi: 2:47pm On Aug 14, 2014
Everything bad originates from my land of origin, odualand has killed nigeria, imagine corruption, dirt, stealing, ritual killing all originated from yoruba land, and now its ebola. Well, am a yoruba, I can't denounce my origin.........eko oni baje oooooo cool
Re: Breaking: Ebola Goes Out Of Control As 21 Quarantined In Enugu - Fg by BitcoinGeek(m): 2:49pm On Aug 14, 2014
MichaelSokoto:
Eh!
Repeat am again make i hia u well angry

Bro. i want to also say this.. from the little view i got about this ebola matter.

some people around. also on this nairaland. are so bent to bring down NIGERIA as a Country with so many negative stories cooked out to bring fear to the public and discrimination from other countries.

mark this words. soon you will believe what i just said.
Re: Breaking: Ebola Goes Out Of Control As 21 Quarantined In Enugu - Fg by Nobody: 2:51pm On Aug 14, 2014
[size=28pt]

Patrick Sawyers wife and kids have avoided infection from Ebola, yet it seems every Nigerian Doctor or Nurse that came within 10 metres of him are dropping dead!!

Something does not add up!!!

Make we shine our eyes well well!!

Ebola epidemic is a hoax to panic us into being America's research guinea pig for their experimental vaccine.

Do not allow any experimental vaccines into Nigeria - they will kill a lot of people[/size]
Re: Breaking: Ebola Goes Out Of Control As 21 Quarantined In Enugu - Fg by Nobody: 2:56pm On Aug 14, 2014
GenBuhari:
[size=28pt]

Patrick Sawyers wife and kids have avoided infection from Ebola, yet it seems every Nigerian Doctor or Nurse that came within 10 metres of him are dropping dead!!

Ebola epidemic is a hoax to panic us into being America's research guinea pig for their experimental vaccine.

Do not allow any experimental vaccines into Nigeria - they will kill a lot of people[/size]

Are his family based in Liberia?
Re: Breaking: Ebola Goes Out Of Control As 21 Quarantined In Enugu - Fg by tolaadisa: 3:02pm On Aug 14, 2014
Hi All,

Did you guys know that alcohol based hand sanitizers should have at least 60% alcohol (not 4%) to be effective against Ebola? Yes, that is a fact. Virex Antiseptic Sanitizing Gel has 70% alcohol content and is an effective sanitizer. It has been developed by a Nigerian PHD scientist with years of experience developing disinfectants in the UK. Its good to see Naija folks in diaspora developing African Solutions for African Problems.

You can email automobilechemicals@gmail.com for more information if you are interested.

God help us with this Ebola.

Re: Breaking: Ebola Goes Out Of Control As 21 Quarantined In Enugu - Fg by bigglat: 3:26pm On Aug 14, 2014
This nurse isn't fair, she's heartess. How could she have escaped quarantine and go to her home town to spread the virus. This is bad!
Re: Breaking: Ebola Goes Out Of Control As 21 Quarantined In Enugu - Fg by Iko5000: 4:01pm On Aug 14, 2014
Don't be an Idiot

GenBuhari:
[size=28pt]

Re: Breaking: Ebola Goes Out Of Control As 21 Quarantined In Enugu - Fg by mbulela: 4:12pm On Aug 14, 2014
A nurse who attended to Liberian-American Ebola victim Obi Justina Ejelonu has died.

Her family confirmed the story to Sahara Reporters through a telephone call. She passed away this morning.

Ejelonu was in a quarantine facility in Lagos.

Until her death, she was outspoken about the virus. and was at the centre of a campaign for the Zmapp experimental drug to be sent to Nigeria.

Before she was diagnosed the virus, she posted this message on Facebook;

“Obi Justina Ejelonu:

Friends,
thank God for me o.i had a close contact with the first Ebola case in Nigeria..:.Long story cut short,God saved me dearly.join me in thanking God.

I never contacted his fluids. I checked his vitals, helped him with his food (he was too weak)…..I basically touched where his hands touched and that’s the only contact. Not directly with his fluids. At a stage, he yanked off his infusion and we had blood everywhere on his bed…..but the ward maids took care of that and changed his linens with great precaution. Every patient is treated as high risk …..if it were airborne, by now wahala for dey. I still thank God.

Friends, up to our uniforms n all linens were burnt off. We r on surveillance n off work till 11th. Our samples v long bn taken by WHO n so far we v been fine. For me, kudos to my hospital managt cos we work professionally wt every patient considered risk cos thats d training. Had it been it’s a hospital where they manage ordinary gloves lik Govt hospital n some supporter of APC private hosp..:lol….wahala for dey o. I must also thank Lagos Govt….infact! Even fed govt sef….all been supportive. I’m good n so r the others in d hospital”

Unfortunately, a few days later, she tested positive for Ebola and has now passed away. Justina was 25.

R.I.P.
Re: Breaking: Ebola Goes Out Of Control As 21 Quarantined In Enugu - Fg by twopointtwo: 4:24pm On Aug 14, 2014
What of the people that were in d same bus with her to Enugu,what about the people that sat with her when their bus stoped at ore for them to eat,u people are saying 21,una better start looking for those guys.
Re: Breaking: Ebola Goes Out Of Control As 21 Quarantined In Enugu - Fg by imanuel5959: 4:37pm On Aug 14, 2014
And to think she's a nurse, is more disheartening! She ought to know better, yet 2mao she will be fighting with doctors ƌ̲̣̣̣̥at she shld be called a consultant, when she do not know a thing abt ordinary EVD. Tell me wat will she tell a patient about ebola, since she doesn't even know.
Re: Breaking: Ebola Goes Out Of Control As 21 Quarantined In Enugu - Fg by Nobody: 5:57pm On Aug 14, 2014
Ebola: Chidi Mokeme says victims who escape quarantine should be shot on sight:

READ @=> http://davidvsnaija..com/2014/08/ebola-chidi-mokeme-says-victims-who.html
Re: Breaking: Ebola Goes Out Of Control As 21 Quarantined In Enugu - Fg by BetaThings: 6:36pm On Aug 14, 2014
bablononi: does it really matter to u if I am?
It is simply strange that anyone is claiming that he was ignorant of his status
He denied having Ebola; his wife claims that he came to Nigeria to seek medical help
He did everything possible to infect as many people as possible when he was confronted with the test result that showed he had Ebola
He was throwing fluid around!
Re: Breaking: Ebola Goes Out Of Control As 21 Quarantined In Enugu - Fg by bablononi(m): 7:00pm On Aug 14, 2014
BetaThings:
It is simply strange that anyone is claiming that he was ignorant of his status
He denied having Ebola; his wife claims that he came to Nigeria to seek medical help
He did everything possible to infect as many people as possible when he was confronted with the test result that showed he had Ebola
He was throwing fluid around!
wow i won't have argued with u if i knew were present while all these happened.IM SORRY.
Re: Breaking: Ebola Goes Out Of Control As 21 Quarantined In Enugu - Fg by Riogeese(m): 7:14pm On Aug 14, 2014
MAY GOD HELP US
Re: Breaking: Ebola Goes Out Of Control As 21 Quarantined In Enugu - Fg by BobbySaka(m): 1:45am On Aug 15, 2014
Lets talk, I got a New BBM pin: 7EFCF5CC
Re: Breaking: Ebola Goes Out Of Control As 21 Quarantined In Enugu - Fg by theoctopus: 4:03pm On Aug 15, 2014
duni04:
Bros these things are not stringent. Ebola itself as a disease has not been fully understood. Its exact mode of transmission and life cycle are still understudy. To say its mode of transmission is difficult sounds naive as ebola is about the easiest disease to transfer to someone else. You get ebola not just by contact with a carrier, but also contact with things a carrier has already touched. People are mistaking the body fluids contact to mean contact with blood, it way easier than that.

This is ignorance. Most viruses only live a few seconds outside their host. The HIV virus for example, only lives about 4 seconds outside the body. You are spreading ignorance here. If you were right, Liberia and Gunea would have recorded more deaths since February. You can see even from the number of deaths from those countries that the disease is not spreading to thousands of people because the disease does not spread like some of you try to portray it
Re: Breaking: Ebola Goes Out Of Control As 21 Quarantined In Enugu - Fg by Nobody: 4:13pm On Aug 15, 2014
It's in the news. The biatch has started showing symptoms. Now you defenders better start praying
Re: Breaking: Ebola Goes Out Of Control As 21 Quarantined In Enugu - Fg by duni04(m): 8:31pm On Aug 15, 2014
theoctopus:

This is ignorance. Most viruses only live a few seconds outside their host. The HIV virus for example, only lives about 4 seconds outside the body. You are spreading ignorance here. If you were right, Liberia and Gunea would have recorded more deaths since February. You can see even from the number of deaths from those countries that the disease is not spreading to thousands of people because the disease does not spread like some of you try to portray it
Lol now i'm the ignorant one? Ok suit yourself
Re: Breaking: Ebola Goes Out Of Control As 21 Quarantined In Enugu - Fg by chibuking1(m): 10:21pm On Aug 15, 2014
Re: Breaking: Ebola Goes Out Of Control As 21 Quarantined In Enugu - Fg by chibuking1(m): 10:23pm On Aug 15, 2014
HealthIssues: EBOLA! EBOLA!! EBOLA!!!
Treatment for those already infected.
Prevention from getting infected.
Safeguarding yourself from the risk of getting infected in all situations knowingly or unknowingly...
For more enquiries, inbox me or call +2348033756054.
Act now!
tell me why tunder wont fire u? embarassed...
Re: Breaking: Ebola Goes Out Of Control As 21 Quarantined In Enugu - Fg by Teeeestone(m): 11:53pm On Aug 19, 2014
chibuking1: tell me why tunder wont fire u? embarassed...

Smiles...funny you bro . Don't mind him jare

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Harmattan In February: Nigerians React / Nigeria Using Remdesivir To Treat COVID-19 Patients - Ehanire / Some Effective Ways To Treat Pimples Naturally

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.