Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,715 members, 7,802,162 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 10:11 AM

The Traffic Rank Of The Most Popular Nigerian Websites - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / The Traffic Rank Of The Most Popular Nigerian Websites (21043 Views)

Top 5 Most Popular Nigerian Websites By Web Traffic / Top 10 Nigerian websites according to Alexa Rank / The Best Nigerian Websites You Have Seen! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Traffic Rank Of The Most Popular Nigerian Websites by Orikinla(m): 9:39pm On Jul 22, 2006
These are the Alexa traffic rankings for the most popular Nigerian websites.

1. Traffic Rank for thisdayonline.com: 33,815
2. Traffic Rank for sunnewsonline.com: 35,380
3. Traffic Rank for ngex.com: 38,663
4. Traffic Rank for nairaland.com: 41,399
5. Traffic Rank for odili.net: 46,742
6. Traffic Rank for vanguardngr.com: 50,713
7. Traffic Rank for nigeriaworld.com: 53,926
8. Traffic Rank for ngrguardiannews.com: 65,781
9. Traffic Rank for onlinenigeria.com: 86,662

N.B:
Blogs are not included.
Re: The Traffic Rank Of The Most Popular Nigerian Websites by IAH(f): 9:41pm On Jul 22, 2006
Hmm well is there any Nigerian blog as popular as any of these?
Re: The Traffic Rank Of The Most Popular Nigerian Websites by diddy4(m): 9:47pm On Jul 22, 2006
wow, NL is there, nice. no blogs? so aint no popular naija blogger out there then.
Re: The Traffic Rank Of The Most Popular Nigerian Websites by babasin(m): 12:41pm On Jul 23, 2006
Any good programmer can manipulate the traffic to their web pages.

This is not reliable data.
Re: The Traffic Rank Of The Most Popular Nigerian Websites by Orikinla(m): 1:25pm On Jul 23, 2006
The most popular Nigerian blog is Sokari Ekine's Black Looks http://www.blacklooks.org
Re: The Traffic Rank Of The Most Popular Nigerian Websites by IAH(f): 2:35pm On Jul 23, 2006
Orikinla:

The most popular Nigerian blog is Sokari Ekine's Black Looks http://www.blacklooks.org

Yeah but is it anywhere near any of these sites listed above?

1 Like

Re: The Traffic Rank Of The Most Popular Nigerian Websites by Orikinla(m): 6:49pm On Jul 23, 2006
No.
But Black Looks is ranked about 8,000 out of over 45 million blogs.
Re: The Traffic Rank Of The Most Popular Nigerian Websites by IAH(f): 6:07pm On Jul 24, 2006
I see. Thanks for the info. smiley
Re: The Traffic Rank Of The Most Popular Nigerian Websites by Skidoc(m): 10:12pm On Aug 06, 2006
Orikinla:

I don't think so. Deolu Akinyemi's blog, Emmanuel Oluwatosin's blog and Kayode Muyibi's blog are more popular.

www.deoluakinyemi.com
www.yemma.com.ng
www.kayodemuyibi.com
Re: The Traffic Rank Of The Most Popular Nigerian Websites by Seun(m): 12:13am On Aug 07, 2006
I can't believe the popularity of Deolu Akinyemi's site. He's a magician. Wow, I've got to congratulate him!

1 Like

Re: The Traffic Rank Of The Most Popular Nigerian Websites by Orikinla(m): 10:56am On Aug 07, 2006
I repeat that Black Looks is the most popular Nigerian blog.

If you want to prove otherwise, do so with proof. And I don't have time to argue.
Re: The Traffic Rank Of The Most Popular Nigerian Websites by Seun(m): 1:51pm On Aug 07, 2006
Re: The Traffic Rank Of The Most Popular Nigerian Websites by Skidoc(m): 6:52pm On Aug 07, 2006
Orikinla:

I repeat that Black Looks is the most popular Nigerian blog.

If you want to prove otherwise, do so with proof. And I don't have time to argue.

I'm not here to argue either. grin You know where you got these stats below:
Orikinla:

These are the Alexa traffic rankings for the most popular Nigerian websites.

1. Traffic Rank for thisdayonline.com: 33,815
2. Traffic Rank for sunnewsonline.com: 35,380
3. Traffic Rank for ngex.com: 38,663
4. Traffic Rank for nairaland.com: 41,399
5. Traffic Rank for odili.net: 46,742
6. Traffic Rank for vanguardngr.com: 50,713
7. Traffic Rank for nigeriaworld.com: 53,926
8. Traffic Rank for ngrguardiannews.com: 65,781
9. Traffic Rank for onlinenigeria.com: 86,662

N.B:
Blogs are not included.

Go there and check the websites I gave you and compare them with Blacklooks.
Re: The Traffic Rank Of The Most Popular Nigerian Websites by Skidoc(m): 9:44pm On Aug 07, 2006
Traffic rank for Blacklooks.org: 3,467,664

Traffic rank for Deoluakinyemi.com: 452,335
Traffic rank for yemma.com.ng: 2,081,517
Traffic rank for kayodemuyibi.com: 2,210,674

Even if we are not going to rely on these stats as accurately accurate, the gaps are wide enough to prove it. tongue
Re: The Traffic Rank Of The Most Popular Nigerian Websites by Orikinla(m): 3:48pm On Aug 08, 2006
My brother, if I use your yardstick, then my Nigerian Times, Kisses & Roses and BoggyWoggy are more popular than yemma.com.ng: 2,081,517
Traffic rank for kayodemuyibi.com: 2,210,674.

Use Technorati.
Re: The Traffic Rank Of The Most Popular Nigerian Websites by aderaskeey(m): 4:06pm On Aug 08, 2006
Guys we don't need to argue about this because we know fully well how many site owners "buy traffic" in order to boost their ranking. I would rather that we use other  parameters too. After all, Google and Alexa do not use the same parameter to measure or determine website rank.

For example our Nairaland, does not buy traffic and yet it is more visited or 'popular' by Alexa Rank than THE PUNCH. Can we then conclude that our Nairaland is more popular than The Punch in Nigeria? Nay.
Re: The Traffic Rank Of The Most Popular Nigerian Websites by Skidoc(m): 8:38pm On Aug 08, 2006
Orikinla, Technorati does not measure traffic.
Technorati measures the number of blogs that link/reference to a blog so that's just within the blogosphere, we are talking of popularity to the whole of the internet. Alexa measures the real traffic because not all visitors can link/reference, a greater number of people just read. smiley

So we can say Blacklooks is the most popular Nigerian blog in the blogosphere but not on the world wide web. grin
Re: The Traffic Rank Of The Most Popular Nigerian Websites by Orikinla(m): 8:50pm On Aug 08, 2006
Okay. So, my Nigerian Times is great to have become so popular since June 2005 to date!
Then my Nigerian Times is the second most popular Nigerian blog? grin
I thank God!
Re: The Traffic Rank Of The Most Popular Nigerian Websites by Skidoc(m): 9:06pm On Aug 08, 2006
Orikinla:

Okay. So, my Nigerian Times is great to have become so popular since June 2005 to date!
Then my Nigerian Times is the second most popular Nigerian blog? grin
I thank God!

Well if Technorati says so, then Yes! And congrats for that! But always remember to put "in the blogosphere". . . grin
Re: The Traffic Rank Of The Most Popular Nigerian Websites by Seun(m): 10:10pm On Aug 08, 2006
Deolu AKinyemi's site is definitely the most popular standalone Nigerian blog. It's because it has a Job section. wink
Re: The Traffic Rank Of The Most Popular Nigerian Websites by bioye(m): 11:30am On Sep 24, 2006
Have you guys ever wondered how Alexa ranks websites? According to this link, http://alexa.com/site/help/?index=12, it is based on usage patterns of users who have installed the Alexa toolbar on their computers. Now, my question is: how many of you have the Alexa toolbar installed? The morale of the story: you would improve Alexa's ratings and probably nairaland's ranking if you go download the Alexa toolbar at http://download.alexa.com/ now
Re: The Traffic Rank Of The Most Popular Nigerian Websites by Orikinla(m): 2:40pm On Sep 24, 2006
Bioye,
You are right.
Re: The Traffic Rank Of The Most Popular Nigerian Websites by niyyie(m): 12:39pm On Oct 27, 2006
Nigerian blogs and their ranks - huh?

Well, mine is:

Traffic rank for Davidajao.com: 559,928 (Oct 27th, 2006)

So, what are you guys talking about? grin

Traffic rank for Blacklooks.org: 3,467,664
Traffic rank for Deoluakinyemi.com: 452,335
Traffic rank for yemma.com.ng: 2,081,517
Traffic rank for kayodemuyibi.com: 2,210,674
Re: The Traffic Rank Of The Most Popular Nigerian Websites by Orikinla(m): 11:17pm On Oct 27, 2006
Well done!
How are you using your ranking for the benefit your website?
I am talking about SEO.
Re: The Traffic Rank Of The Most Popular Nigerian Websites by Ndipe(m): 11:23am On Dec 12, 2006
Interesting info about metrics market. But how accurate is it?
Re: The Traffic Rank Of The Most Popular Nigerian Websites by goodguy(m): 10:58pm On Dec 16, 2006
At Traffic Estimate, it says I had 70,235,000 visits in the last 30 days.  How true it this?
Re: The Traffic Rank Of The Most Popular Nigerian Websites by Seun(m): 10:23pm On Dec 17, 2006
That's for .com
Re: The Traffic Rank Of The Most Popular Nigerian Websites by goodguy(m): 10:40pm On Dec 17, 2006
I thought as much too, because Orikinla's blog has the same number of visits too.
Re: The Traffic Rank Of The Most Popular Nigerian Websites by yinka007(m): 12:31pm On Nov 28, 2007
Re: The Traffic Rank Of The Most Popular Nigerian Websites by knoble: 9:05pm On Jan 19, 2010
Guys check out this blog . Itz so interesting I had to inform y'all itz http://www.nairahood..com Rate It here !!
Re: The Traffic Rank Of The Most Popular Nigerian Websites by OmoFyne: 12:34am On Mar 02, 2010
http://beautiful2lu./ very nice blog

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

13-yr-old Nigerian Emerges Youngest AWS Developer Associate In Africa / Google:13 Facts You Did Not Know About The Largest Internet Company In The World / Zuckerberg, Facebook Founder To Visit Akwa-Ibom

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.