Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,427 members, 7,781,246 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 11:15 AM

How To Avoid Paying The Dreaded Omonile Signing Fees Scam In Lagos And Ogun - Properties (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / How To Avoid Paying The Dreaded Omonile Signing Fees Scam In Lagos And Ogun (35601 Views)

Omonile Fees Scam / Omonile Lawyer's Rant Regarding The Demolition Of Houses In Epe / Lagos Real Estate/ Omonile Land Scams Exposed! Learn how not to be Conned (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Avoid Paying The Dreaded Omonile Signing Fees Scam In Lagos And Ogun by Adeyemiopemipo(m): 10:19pm On Sep 01, 2014
i hope these omo onilea are not tools in the hands of our politicians
Re: How To Avoid Paying The Dreaded Omonile Signing Fees Scam In Lagos And Ogun by samseen02(m): 1:11am On Sep 23, 2014
God bless you Op
Re: How To Avoid Paying The Dreaded Omonile Signing Fees Scam In Lagos And Ogun by dominiongroup(m): 1:22pm On Oct 09, 2014
Different states with different challenges. The solutions is putting appropriate land policies in place and review it regularly say every 5years. A situation where land us act of 1978 is still in use after about 40 year of enacting it is not ideal. May God help us.
Re: How To Avoid Paying The Dreaded Omonile Signing Fees Scam In Lagos And Ogun by amanikondo: 1:50am On Oct 14, 2014
Gozzzy:

What is omonile

[size=14pt]Omonile is the name of animal, place or thing.[/size]
Re: How To Avoid Paying The Dreaded Omonile Signing Fees Scam In Lagos And Ogun by amanikondo: 1:59am On Oct 14, 2014
olaeffect:
This is spreading to other SW states too. Just experienced this in Ibadan, its really annoying. Some guys came to my site and started harassing the workers that they were omonile, my wife was the one at the site with the worker's at the time, she had to negotiate and give them N4,000.00 that I was not available at the moment that they should come back, only for another set to come again last week that they are not aware of the 1st set that are the real omonile.

Something needs to be done in regards to this. This nonsense does not happen in the north; where I was born; and you keep wondering why most of us from the SW are refusing to come back and settle at home. God please send peace back to the north grin grin angry

Your wife just paid 4,000 Naira to area boys for IGBO (Indian Hemp) not Omoonile. Omoonile do not collect such money. Minimum on site will be around 50,000 Naira.
Re: How To Avoid Paying The Dreaded Omonile Signing Fees Scam In Lagos And Ogun by olaeffect(m): 3:54am On Oct 14, 2014
amanikondo:

Your wife just paid 4,000 Naira to area boys for IGBO (Indian Hemp) not Omoonile. Omoonile do not collect such money. Minimum on site will be around 50,000 Naira.

Same difference. Na small, small e dey start.
Re: How To Avoid Paying The Dreaded Omonile Signing Fees Scam In Lagos And Ogun by carbon1224(m): 4:03pm On Oct 19, 2014
Good one Lawyer but This trick won't be effective here in ikorodu but there are good places where the omonile are very reliable. It's just that most people don't want to listen just because of agency fees so they run to fall for them but all the same it's good.
Re: How To Avoid Paying The Dreaded Omonile Signing Fees Scam In Lagos And Ogun by SirGazza: 3:17pm On Dec 10, 2014
Land title is key to every land transaction
Re: How To Avoid Paying The Dreaded Omonile Signing Fees Scam In Lagos And Ogun by Kirinwa: 6:01am On Feb 08, 2015
To me the best way is to buy an already constructed house.
Re: How To Avoid Paying The Dreaded Omonile Signing Fees Scam In Lagos And Ogun by Kirinwa: 6:05am On Feb 08, 2015
Another option is have a soldier buy it on your behalf. Once they know a soldier is involved, God punish them if they dare disturb dem workers.

Then its war!
Re: How To Avoid Paying The Dreaded Omonile Signing Fees Scam In Lagos And Ogun by southcent: 5:01pm On Dec 01, 2015
if these methods works out the way you just calmly described and listed them no one will ever spend a dime on omonile ,trust me...these guys are worse than thugs in fact i once handled a site where the owner's brother who is with me was proving stubborn that he won't pay a penny but believe me when the d-day came before the guy's brain could comprehend he has already taken almost 8bricks on his head and he vanished like a lightening bolt,for 3weeks he didn't even as much set a foot in aguda again,even when I called and assured him that his brother has settled everything the guy still stay clear....so bros just give to ceaser what's his o,to avoid stories that touches the brain...
Re: How To Avoid Paying The Dreaded Omonile Signing Fees Scam In Lagos And Ogun by benbertie: 4:46am On Oct 25, 2017
DO YOU KNOW THAT

1. Buying a Land that is deemed to be “free” but it has no Certificate of Occupancy or Governors Consent or Gazette / Excision is a gamble?

2. Buying a Land with “Gazette in Process” and “Excision in View” or “File Numbers” is an unsecured investment? This is a commonly used scam / trick by real estate development companies in Lagos, Nigeria.

3. There are cases where fraudulent Sellers present cloned Certificate of Occupancy or Registered Titles, alongside fake or forged means of identification?

4. In a situation where a Property is owned by a Corporate Body incorporated or registered under the Companies and Allied Matters Act, Search at the Companies Registry is paramount?

5. Without a grant of probate and /or letters of administration, no Vendor or Seller [whether family members or otherwise] possesses the requisite authority to sell the estate or property of a deceased person? Hence Search at the Probate Registry is vital.

6. The consent of the principal members and head of the family or community to the sales transaction needs to be obtained so as not to make the sales transaction void or voidable?

7. If the Title of a Land is defective, whoever buys a House built on such a Land is merely a tenant at the mercy of the true Owner with a valid legal Title to the Land? The Legal Maxim: “quicquid plantatur solo, solo cedit” in very instructive. It simply means that whatever is affixed or planted to a land belongs to the land.

8. It is the duty of the Lawyer of the Buyer or Purchaser to prepare the Documents which includes: Contract of Sale; and Deed of Assignment; or Deed of Sub-Lease; or Deed of Conveyance; or Deed of Transfer; or Power of Attorney; as the case may be? The rationale for which the duty of preparation of the Documents is on the Lawyer of the Buyer or Purchaser flows from the right of the Buyer or Purchase to the non - reversionary interest of the property.

9. If there is litigation on a property, the Court may order that status quo be maintained and the person in possession would remain in possession? After making payments and executing Title Documents, a Buyer can take possession by: erecting a small fence, farming on the property, putting tenants on the property, putting a security person on the property, putting construction materials on the property, etc.

10. The Land Use Act prohibits alienation of Land without the consent of the Governor?

11. Failure to pay stamp duty renders a title document unacceptable for registration and inadmissible in evidence in a court of law?

12. Registration does not cure defects neither does it confer validity on the Instrument which it would not have otherwise had but for its registration?

You need to know how to go about the process of buying and owning a Property in Nigeria. There are several Laws which govern and regulate the process. Hence, usually, it is time and capital intensive. On Property transactions, the legal maxim is apt: “Caveat Emptor” - Buyers Beware. It is not for a Seller to beware. A Buyer needs to exercise full caution and due diligence when buying a property.

READ MORE https://www.nairaland.com/4136950/guide-how-buy-property-land
Re: How To Avoid Paying The Dreaded Omonile Signing Fees Scam In Lagos And Ogun by MrRitchie: 3:37am On Nov 04, 2017
Pls I need someone who can help me draft a deed of Assignment

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

These Properties Are Available For Sale In Enugu / 8 Types Of Nigerian Landlord (photos) / Landlord Gets 3-year Jail Term For Evicting Tenant With Force.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.