Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,378 members, 7,808,342 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:38 AM

. - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / . (1310 Views)

What My In-Laws Served Me (photo) / Finally Got A Job After So Long, But My In-Laws Won't Let Me Have It! / Woman Caught By Her In-laws With Her Husband's Friend In A Hotel (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

. by helen4(f): 2:04pm On Aug 14, 2014
Re: . by rolled: 2:08pm On Aug 14, 2014
Do you guys live together
Hope you have seen a Good O&G doctor
That should be your concern now
Re: . by iamSi(m): 2:16pm On Aug 14, 2014
Mahn!!! ... I mean Woman!!! ... You know what to do ...
Re: . by achinaboy(m): 5:22pm On Aug 14, 2014
there will always be a problem between mother inlaw and daughter inlaws whether there is problem or not,so all u can do is just see the mother inlaw as mum,if u could,then there might not be prblems, but if u continue to see her as a hussy mother, then struggle continues
Re: . by helen4(f): 6:55pm On Aug 14, 2014
guys sincerely am trying hard, but she's dificult to understand. she only sees u when u give her things. i dnt know where i went wrong. i which there is anytn i can do to make things right.
Re: . by EfemenaXY: 6:59pm On Aug 14, 2014
helen4: hi, am a new nairalander. i've been married for almost 3yrs without a child. my husband is a rare kind, he is so caring and understanding, he even set a standard for me with his family(they dnt mess with me). my mother-in-law is so harsh and she doesnt care about anytn. since we got married she hasnt ask for why there are delays. there's notng i do dat satisfy her. right now we are not on chatting terms cos she wants me to slave for others since i dont v a child of my one. anyone in the same boat?

Sorry, I don't get it.

Is this thread about you seeking helpful suggestions / solutions about ttc (Trying To Conceive)? Or are you seeking a pity party to bash your mother-in-law?

1 Like

Re: . by helen4(f): 7:00pm On Aug 14, 2014
@rolled. we live in the same town but not the same house. iv done all manner of test includn hubby.e
Re: . by Nobody: 7:03pm On Aug 14, 2014
Stop feeling sorry for yourself. Relax. Why is your mother in law always interfering? Dies she stay close with you?

Tell your hubby about this. Stress is really not what you need now.
Naija and mother inlaw palaver .
These mothers should focus on their husbands na and let their kids live their lives.

OP Kpele.

1 Like

Re: . by helen4(f): 7:04pm On Aug 14, 2014
@efemenaXY. am not looking for pity from anyone, just opinios and as well releiving myself of emotional spree.

3 Likes

Re: . by GboyegaD(m): 8:41pm On Aug 14, 2014
achinaboy: there will always be a problem between mother inlaw and daughter inlaws whether there is problem or not,so all u can do is just see the mother inlaw as mum,if u could,then there might not be prblems, but if u continue to see her as a hussy mother, then struggle continues

Oga, did you read where she said the mother in law expects her to slave for others? Truth is both parties should take themselves as mothers and daughters as such, the regards a mother has for her daughter should be there.

@OP, try to think about her actions from the perspective of her daughter. If you feel she could demand such from her daughter then no worries otherwise, do the bits you can and leave the rest.

2 Likes

Re: . by Nobody: 10:04pm On Aug 14, 2014
what did the doctors say ? don't allow her to make a WReck of ur home out of ignorance
Re: . by Nobody: 10:14pm On Aug 14, 2014
@Helen4,already replied you on the other thread so I'm just copying and reporting here just Incase.

I was also not able to conceive for almost 2 years after getting married so I understand how frustrated and how in despair you can feel at times.
TTC (trying to conceive)no be beans...but you must hold on and be strong especially as you have a supportive partner.Many are beaten,tormented,harassed,ridiculed so at least thank God you have someone who is holding your hand and walking with you in this journey.

Have you gone to see a gynaecologist?Its 3 years so you both have to be proactive.Hormonal assay,hsg,ultrasound for you then seminal assay for your hubby.
You need to take your fertility in your hands..are you ovulating?do you chart your cycle?What of supplements for you and your hubby? How is your diet?have you considered using lubricants that help the swimmers?
TTC is very multifaceted but you have to start following up small small..
Most of all RELAX..it is tough to relax when you are anxious but a stressful environment is not conducive for conception.
There was a time that I had se x timetable,I was ready to hang upside down from tree as long as it would yield results..I marked ovulation day and would virtually ra pe hubby,whether he liked it or not.After the act I would sleep with my leg hanging and a pillow under my bot tom and yet no result.It was when i dealt with my health issue and relaxed that I got pregnant and had my beautiful daughter.

You even get sensitive and start being aggressive moody and depressed for no just cause.E get one kain smile pesin go smile that time and I'd start suspecting the person was laughing at me.Thats the pressure that comes with TTC but you can't let yourself get overwhelmed,small small steps will lead you to success.BUT you start from somewhere and that is by going to see a qualified medical personnel.

Pray,stay positive and visit the TTC thread in health section..a lot of people with the same experience and plenty encouragement.

For your MIL,my dear if she starts asking now you may say she's being nosy and putting pressure on you.Maybe she's just giving gap so that you and your hussy will sort yourselves out and not feel she's butting into your affairs.

How is she expecting you to slave for others?You haven't given enough information so can't say much except do what you can,be nice and polite and focus on loving your hubby,yourself,and your home. Don't allow yourself to be stressed for no good reason.

May God grant you your baby soon.

4 Likes

Re: . by LewsTherin: 12:12am On Aug 15, 2014
I don't get. I thot you said your husband has you covered with his family. They don't mess with you is what you said. So how is his mother still being harsh? Or his mother is outside his cover for you?

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Job And Kid / Mothers Pressurizing Their Daughters Into Marriage: Is It Fair? / No One Has It All....

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.