Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,653 members, 7,801,903 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 04:55 AM

Igbos Were The Proto-Bantus -Igbodefender.com - Culture (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Igbos Were The Proto-Bantus -Igbodefender.com (17927 Views)

New Igbo Words Being Formed On Igbodefender.com / The Igbos Of Bonny- Igbodefender.com / Are The Igbos Different From The Ibos- Igbodefender.com (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Igbos Were The Proto-Bantus -Igbodefender.com by Mwenyi: 9:05pm On Oct 14, 2014
Radoillo:

Are you saying West Africa was empty of people 3000 - 5000 years ago? Or are saying whoever was there at that time couldn't have been the direct ancestors of the people living there today?

There were people but I doubt they spoke Yoruba, igbo and what not.
Re: Igbos Were The Proto-Bantus -Igbodefender.com by Nobody: 12:27pm On Oct 15, 2014
East African Bantus grow up knowing of our beginings in West Africa and for others like the Bukusu and Abagusi of Kenya, they refer to their origin as Misri(now Egypt.) By my observation, some African Americans have Nilotic featurer(Think T.D Jakes), some both. A note on the Israel connection, there are Bantu myths of origin that make me get chills, like the Ameru. The Kikuyus, some of them consider themselves Israelite descendants. There is also the culture of male circumcision, the belief in a sovereign God, and petty laws. Other similarities include farming and the drive to take over peoples lands. Imagine the the audacity, and they expanded to the entire subsaharan Africa, as far East as Shungwaya, the last dispersal point for some, where the Bajuni can still be found, and as far as the southernmost cape. They must have had an Angel of God on their side. It is also good to know the identity of their ancestors.
Re: Igbos Were The Proto-Bantus -Igbodefender.com by Nobody: 12:58pm On Oct 15, 2014
igbodefender:
Ever heard of Princess Moremi and the Igbo aborigins of Ife? According to the history, Moremi and other Yorubas displaced the former Igbo aborigins of Ile Ife. Don't you think that if there were once indigenous Igbos in Ife, that there would be some simmilar Igbo-Yoruba words today as a result of their cultural interaction?
Its also important to consider the ability of the bantu to adopt their language to their new environment. This happened with the languages they encountered. In my own community the language changes with generations to the extent that I can nolonger understand my great grandfathers. Swahili is more known. Many Arabic rootwords given prefixes and suffices in their communication with Arabs. Unlike cushite tribes who can number tens of millions with a homogenous language, Every encounter of a bantu group gave rise to a new language albeit retaining only the most irreplacable parts.
Re: Igbos Were The Proto-Bantus -Igbodefender.com by axum: 6:49am On Oct 16, 2014
muafrika:
East African Bantus grow up knowing of our beginings in West Africa and for others like the Bukusu and Abagusi of Kenya, they refer to their origin as Misri(now Egypt.) By my observation, some African Americans have Nilotic featurer(Think T.D Jakes), some both. A note on the Israel connection, there are Bantu myths of origin that make me get chills, like the Ameru. The Kikuyus, some of them consider themselves Israelite descendants. There is also the culture of male circumcision, the belief in a sovereign God, and petty laws. Other similarities include farming and the drive to take over peoples lands. Imagine the the audacity, and they expanded to the entire subsaharan Africa, as far East as Shungwaya, the last dispersal point for some, where the Bajuni can still be found, and as far as the southernmost cape. They must have had an Angel of God on their side. It is also good to know the identity of their ancestors.

lmao, at Bantus coming from Egypt. lmao.
Re: Igbos Were The Proto-Bantus -Igbodefender.com by macof(m): 8:11pm On Oct 16, 2014
Mwenyi:

There were people but I doubt they spoke Yoruba, igbo and what not.

True. Language evolves over time
Yoruba and Igbo language came out from the same source yet unknown
Re: Igbos Were The Proto-Bantus -Igbodefender.com by Nobody: 8:23pm On Oct 17, 2014
axum:

lmao, at Bantus coming from Egypt. lmao.
Let me guess, Somali? I see you impose on yourself Axum when your own fathers admit to coming from the middle east just the other day. What is it with African civilizations that Babylonians are falling over themselves to? First, nomads do not even build houses, and you claim stone cities? Don't believe every colonial tale you read on those genetics websites.
Re: Igbos Were The Proto-Bantus -Igbodefender.com by Mwenyi: 4:19pm On Oct 18, 2014
Mod am I banned?
Re: Igbos Were The Proto-Bantus -Igbodefender.com by Fulaman198(m): 7:59am On Oct 19, 2014
Mwenyi:

I doubt there were igbo or any of the tribes in west African today 3000- 5000 years ago.

Completely incorrect. Nigeria has had inhabitants for at least 14,000 years. Do some research before posting.
Re: Igbos Were The Proto-Bantus -Igbodefender.com by Fulaman198(m): 8:00am On Oct 19, 2014
Mwenyi:
Mod am I banned?

No you are not banned why do you ask. You would know if you were banned.
Re: Igbos Were The Proto-Bantus -Igbodefender.com by Mwenyi: 6:37pm On Oct 19, 2014
Fulaman198:

Completely incorrect. Nigeria has had inhabitants for at least 14,000 years. Do some research before posting.
Nigeria and other neighboring regions were inhabited but the people were not necessarily Yoruba, igbo and what not speakers. It is possible Nigeria was inhabited by proto-Bantu west Africans. The inhabitants of Nigerians today possibly moved in the area after Bantu migration. The proto-Bantu must still be around. We know there are some tribes in Cameroon.
Re: Igbos Were The Proto-Bantus -Igbodefender.com by Nobody: 6:04pm On Oct 20, 2014
Mwenyi:

Nigeria and other neighboring regions were inhabited but the people were not necessarily Yoruba, igbo and what not speakers. It is possible Nigeria was inhabited by proto-Bantu west Africans. The inhabitants of Nigerians today possibly moved in the area after Bantu migration. The proto-Bantu must still be around. We know there are some tribes in Cameroon.
The earth, and Africa has also undergone drastic climatic changes during that time, that also resulted to mass migrations.
Re: Igbos Were The Proto-Bantus -Igbodefender.com by axum: 12:03am On Oct 22, 2014
muafrika:
Let me guess, Somali? I see you impose on yourself Axum when your own fathers admit to coming from the middle east just the other day. What is it with African civilizations that Babylonians are falling over themselves to? First, nomads do not even build houses, and you claim stone cities? Don't believe every colonial tale you read on those genetics websites.

Lmao. Their is clear and accurate history showing the relationship between the Horn of Africa (Puntland, Axum) and present day Egypt.

1. The language spoken by the Nubian people (real ancient Egyptians) is in the same language family as Somali and other Cushitic languages

2. The only way to Egypt from sub-Saharan Africa is through the Nile river or the Red sea

3. Their was a time that Axum (Cushiness) controlled Kush and much of Kush was in Egypt

4. The Nubian people in southern Egypt look just like other Cushitic people in Somalia/Ethiopia and Eritrea

5. Their is written and historical proof that their was easy free flow of people from the Horn to Egypt as documennted by Ancient Egyptians as they referred to the Horn as Punt (land of the gods).

All Bantus can say is Egypt is Black cause it's in Africa. And Also Somalis have had kingdoms even taking over much of Ethiopia even before their was such thing as Somali, Cushitic people controlled Yemen and other parts of Arabia and Kush, Punt, Axum, Ajuraan etc.

Meanwhile Bantus happen to claim Egypt just to raise their self esteem. Lmao
Re: Igbos Were The Proto-Bantus -Igbodefender.com by Nobody: 6:39am On Oct 22, 2014
Hi @Axum,
My Problem with the Egypt was somali theory is its absence from Your own oral tradition. You'd think some thing so important would be remembered. I think the theory was invented to cure another, that Egypt was caucasian. When it began to crumble, they got smart and made up black caucasians. That you are pleased and using it to attack other groups, its you who is desperate for self esteem. Bantus do not depend on other peoples perception of who they are.

If you ever inhabited any cities, you found them built by more competent tribes.

Nubians look more like the South Sudanese, the real Egyptians by the way.

Accessibility from the horn? Well, you were probably roaming in the neibourhood. But with the stature of the nilotes, I doubt you ever ruled over them.

When the Sahara was more habitable, most of Africans lived around its waters. All African peoples started out from the north, advancing south and west as the waters receded. The same water ways that previously connected the North to West.

1 Like

Re: Igbos Were The Proto-Bantus -Igbodefender.com by macof(m): 9:00am On Oct 22, 2014
axum:

Lmao. Their is clear and accurate history showing the relationship between the Horn of Africa (Puntland, Axum) and present day Egypt.

1. The language spoken by the Nubian people (real ancient Egyptians) is in the same language family as Somali and other Cushitic languages

2. The only way to Egypt from sub-Saharan Africa is through the Nile river or the Red sea

3. Their was a time that Axum (Cushiness) controlled Kush and much of Kush was in Egypt

4. The Nubian people in southern Egypt look just like other Cushitic people in Somalia/Ethiopia and Eritrea

5. Their is written and historical proof that their was easy free flow of people from the Horn to Egypt as documennted by Ancient Egyptians as they referred to the Horn as Punt (land of the gods).

All Bantus can say is Egypt is Black cause it's in Africa. And Also Somalis have had kingdoms even taking over much of Ethiopia even before their was such thing as Somali, Cushitic people controlled Yemen and other parts of Arabia and Kush, Punt, Axum, Ajuraan etc.

I hope you know all this are made from your own assumptions

3 Likes

Re: Igbos Were The Proto-Bantus -Igbodefender.com by macof(m): 9:04am On Oct 22, 2014
Mwenyi:

Depends. Most northern tribes came in late but southern tribes are descended from people who are as old as the soil despite some little migrants coming in to mix and separate the people's culture and language
Re: Igbos Were The Proto-Bantus -Igbodefender.com by axum: 10:22pm On Oct 22, 2014
macof:

I hope you know all this are made from your own assumptions

I assume you think everything is made up even if supported by facts.

Re: Igbos Were The Proto-Bantus -Igbodefender.com by macof(m): 11:34pm On Oct 22, 2014
axum:

I assume you think everything is made up even if supported by facts.

I refuse to waste precious time on you. Claim facts all u want, ur claims don't make a complete fallacy fact overnight
Re: Igbos Were The Proto-Bantus -Igbodefender.com by MerhawiZG: 3:50am On Oct 26, 2014
axum:

Idiot Somali, Oromo, are Cushitic languages that are spoken in Somalia, Djibouti, Ethiopia and Northern Kenya.

Amahara, Tigrrey are Semetic languages that are also part of the Afroasiatc languages, Somalis in Coastal towns and in Eritrea also speak Arabic.

Hausa is not spoken in Horn, but many linguistics don't count Hausa as Afroasiatc

this map is wrong not everyone speak tigre in eritrea

tigre people are same as afar beja and oromo they are different from habesha

we speak tigrigna in eritrea not tigre
Re: Igbos Were The Proto-Bantus -Igbodefender.com by Mandume: 4:05pm On Nov 08, 2014
axum:

Feel free to explain why Ramesses III dna analysis done by DNATribes showed that his y-DNA (paternal lineage) haplogroup was E1b1a? That Haplogroup is most commonly found in west & central Africa (i.e from the Yoruba, Igbo, Bantu's etc) . So whether you like it or not, they were present in dynastic Egypt. There are MANY bantu-speaking ethnic groups who claim to have come from the north.

What I think is kind of funny is how similar certain bantu words are to so-called "Afro-Asiatic" words, take "bantu" as an example. It means "people". If you look at the names of many of the Arabic tribes, they're all called "banu/beni/bani" - something (Quraysh f.ex) . It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out that the meaning of banu/beni/bani in Arabic means the same (i.e "people", "sons" etc) . The Lingala word for "son" is "bena/bana" , in Arabic it's "bin" (sometimes "ibn"wink and in Hebrew it's "ben". (I have many more examples, but I won't go into that now)
So you've got to ask yourself why a branch of the Niger-Congo languages share similarities with a supposedly completely different linguistic group, Afro-Asiatic (even though I don't believe there's no such thing as the "Afro-Asiatic" linguistic group.. Check out Theophilé Obenga) if they supposedly didn't have any contact with African civilizations in the north?

1 Like

Re: Igbos Were The Proto-Bantus -Igbodefender.com by Nobody: 12:21pm On May 15, 2017
The Igbo are a Great civilization whose influence spanned all over West, Central and Southern Africa. But many people want to hide this fact, so they attempt to 'shout down' any revelation of Igbo greatness. They say we are land grabbers. What land did we grab? We are just like the Benin people. We don't grab land, but if our influence extended to your land in the past, we will peacefully acknowledge it without any apologies to anyone.

Watch how one 'historian' and 'scholar' whose Nairaland moniker starts with 'ch' will come and spam this thread with mindless drivel. Lol. At the end of the day, the truth remains what it is.

For Igbos who do not know, read the original post that shows that IgbIgbos were the proto (first) Bantus. The Bantus today are 250 million all over Igbo land, Central and Southern Africa.

Igbo e'sika!
Re: Igbos Were The Proto-Bantus -Igbodefender.com by ChinenyeN(m): 7:02pm On May 15, 2017
Hehe. Igbodefender. So, unu ngala di l'inya du gbuo. Lol it's okay.

1 Like

Re: Igbos Were The Proto-Bantus -Igbodefender.com by Nobody: 9:45pm On May 15, 2017
ChinenyeN:
Nairalanders did I not say it would be so?! See am now.
Re: Igbos Were The Proto-Bantus -Igbodefender.com by Nobody: 9:58pm On May 15, 2017
ChinenyeN:
The problem we have with this dude is that he will not address the issue but instead type 'Igbodefender' and then say some things like, 'your organization should be dismantled' or some other inane comment. That is not scholarship. It is called trolling. And trolling can never replace scholarship.

Ps: Watch as he comes here again to 'make another scholarly input' on the subject matter. Lol. Very funny. Hahaha.6

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

A Man Must Not Lay With A Woman Pregnant For Another Man: How True? / OLOWU OF OWU Kingship: Meet The Final 7 Candidates / Names Of Traditional Rulers In The North

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.