Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,353 members, 7,808,237 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:13 AM

What Do You Really Love to Do? - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / What Do You Really Love to Do? (20317 Views)

Career Change Ideas - 7 Ways To Find Out What You Really Want To Do / Talents And Skills: What Are You Really Good At Doing? / Do You Really Love Your Job? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Do You Really Love to Do? by Seun(m): 11:10am On Sep 19, 2005
I have seen people who have so much passion for music that they go to the studio to record a CD and then they give it out for free! Others have written world-class encyclopedia articles for free, and hosted them. Some young webmasters have built popular websites and blogs for the fun of it, with no intention of making back the money spent on those projects. All for the enjoyment they derive from these activities.

No doubt, there are some tasks/duties that you we love to do so much, to the extent that you're ready to keep on doing them even if there's nothing to gain. Mine is primarily that I just that I love to create clever strategies to solve problems that matter in my business, society, and so on. I like to analyse situations, understand and apply fundamental principles to solve them. What's what you really love to do?

1 Like

Re: What Do You Really Love to Do? by layi(m): 11:47am On Sep 19, 2005
Music is my passion. The only thing that could bring tears from my eyes.
Music is the language of the soul and the food of love. Music brings out the beauty in Life.
I have sacrificed a lot for a career in music (despite beign a medical student).
I had to go to a music school, learn instruments so i can really talk music.
The satisfaction i get from making good music is worth more that the gain (or loss).
I also had to learn poetry...then moved a step further to learn songwriting.
It wasnt easy but i guess it ws worth it. Whenever i feel bored ..i just pick up "bibi" (my guitar) and off to another world.

Remember i made cool beats/instrumentals worth 500$ for nairalandband free. Anything for good music...i'll be there.  wink
Re: What Do You Really Love to Do? by Seun(m): 12:18pm On Sep 19, 2005
It'll be interesting if those who respond to this poll can also let us know if their current careers are in line with what they really enjoy doing!

1 Like

Re: What Do You Really Love to Do? by hipcaramel(f): 12:33pm On Sep 19, 2005
dance is my passion. i love dancing and i do it anywhere and everywhere. i feel fulfilled everytime i dance. whenever i'm down, i either dance or watch a dance video. obviously there can be no dance without good music, which also happens to be my other passion. music has been there for me through good and bad. these 2 things are my passions.
Re: What Do You Really Love to Do? by vexxy(f): 1:55pm On Sep 19, 2005
Writing. I love to write. I have 5 journals that are filled to the brim with my work. It's such a sweet release for me.

I also love music. It just takes me away from where ever I am and just moves me to the core. Right now, I'm trying to find a way to play the piano. I just love music so much that I try to reproduce it but my skills are lacking.

Last but not least: photography. This is something that has recently set a spark off within me. It's just something about looking at the world through the eye of a camera. Taking yourself out and focusing on the beatuy around you. It's as if I'm seeing the world through new eyes.

All of these have nothing to do with my current profession: Law in the form of a paralegal. undecided

V
Re: What Do You Really Love to Do? by fabian(f): 4:05pm On Sep 19, 2005
Three things (in no particular order)
Reading, Watching Movies and Listening to music!
My career has absolutely nothing to do with the three!
Re: What Do You Really Love to Do? by hotangel2(f): 5:02pm On Sep 19, 2005
I am totally into fashion, beauty, writting, Dancing, basketball.

I love fashion because it's just a wonderful thing to do, I make some of my cloths, i buy like 2 different cloths and join them together to form a perfect match. i have a mini sowing machine.
I love beauty stuffs, like facials, nail, hair, and just being "beautiful". i am a girly girl and that's why i love this.
I love writting, because i just do. I feel it's good to write stuffs down instead of putting it all in your little brain. I have an online journal that's extremely personal, my whole heart techinically goes in there. I hate writing with pen and paper, so i must say i love writing by typing. wink
I love love dancing. I just love to dance.
I also love basketball. I am good at it too (so-so?). I just love putting my aggression on the ball, and bouncing it. It's also cute to see a lady do stuffs like that, and you just do it.

The "funny" thing, is that all these have nothing to do with nursing -- my major. There are so many things i love doing, but those are the major ones.
Re: What Do You Really Love to Do? by cushman(m): 6:13pm On Sep 19, 2005
I love writing.
Re: What Do You Really Love to Do? by Scorpio(f): 8:48pm On Sep 19, 2005
Sing my life away. i can't play instruments dat good, i do a lil bit of like active dancing, but i don't need to c a seer to tell me my voice is good! cheesy
Re: What Do You Really Love to Do? by WesleyanA(f): 4:55am On Sep 20, 2005
I love soccer (favorite sport, volleyball comes next),
the piano or a keyboard whichever one i can lay my hands on(i'll start lessons next summer because that's the only time i'm free).
I try to be creative and unique because i'm obsessed w/ college and that's what they're looking for.
I'd love to be a doctor but i'm not sure about that anymore (i get tons of discouraging news about it).
i love competing healthily (i love it more when i'm winning).
i can't say i love to write (i think that's too boring).
I love to read (good books).
Re: What Do You Really Love to Do? by Latoya(f): 5:07am On Sep 20, 2005
Cooking!!!
i love cooking,I make all the dishes u can imagine,nigerian,chinese,italian,french,somalian,and a lot more.I just love to cook and i also like to bake i just love the kitchen. smiley most my weekends are in the kitchen.

I am a shopaholic,i am so so fashion maniac,i love good clothes,make up,designer bags,shoes,and perfumes are my obssesion. i just like to shop at times window shop and lay-bys.I also love to dance,most people call me a stepper my daily 30 mins cardio is in my house before the gym.I also go nite clubbing with friends for dance sake.

I love to help the sick and the needy,as well as study what conditions they are in,the cause of their illness and maybe come up with a solution.

I also like to read,i am not a writing person.I read all books that are worth reading.
I like my guitar and my piano,just cant do without them
Re: What Do You Really Love to Do? by dbosa187(m): 7:34pm On Sep 21, 2005
there are a lot of things I like to do but i'll probably list a few here. I love the movies and music.....urban music and some classical works. I also love surfing the net...can stay glued to my pc all day long. then i luv reading.....just anything, u name it...junk,educative,informative.

I guess itz just the last that has a bearing with my career...as a legal practitioner I pratically have to read at any spare time I have.

I also like meeting people(nice one's who can make a positive impact)
Re: What Do You Really Love to Do? by olaide07(f): 10:44am On Oct 04, 2005
I love reading anything that comes my way, learning new things especially languages, writing and playing tennis.
Re: What Do You Really Love to Do? by kelvin(m): 4:05pm On Oct 06, 2005
I can't sing, I can't dance, I hate dancing.
I guess I love doing some boring stuff like reading and writing. I am a fast reader and I usually read different novel each day. I am familiar with some of shakespears works and a few others. I usually deploy most of these tactics in my articles.
No, am not a journalist, am a student of engineering
Re: What Do You Really Love to Do? by loveth(f): 12:12pm On Oct 07, 2005
What i love to do are many,but i will list few.i love computer very well,i can stay login in computer through out the whole day w/o eating.i also love music,esp christian music,i love watching foriegn movie,i also love reading,i mean anything whether novels,magazines or anything. smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley
Re: What Do You Really Love to Do? by adesodgi(m): 12:21pm On Oct 07, 2005
I love being a sailor and thank God for making my wishes come true,but the thing is that reading is not my hubby,men i need help...
Re: What Do You Really Love to Do? by Princess(f): 12:45pm On Oct 08, 2005
Writing. I love to write, i love to help, I love to be myself and i love to shop.
Re: What Do You Really Love to Do? by nike4luv(f): 12:50pm On Oct 08, 2005
Singing..i love singinig i do it day and night, singing relieves me, it relaxes me it eases my pain..ahh..

i'm also crazy about shopping..dats something i live for..also love academics i think without it i cant be what i want to be cool
Re: What Do You Really Love to Do? by Greatpeter(m): 10:03pm On Oct 11, 2005
I love soccer and listening to cool music
Re: What Do You Really Love to Do? by nddy(m): 5:17am On Oct 12, 2005
i love sports Tennis, Basketball and Football. I love parties, i never miss any i am invited to. I love travelling around the east coast with a car. I love the best three letter word.
Re: What Do You Really Love to Do? by hotangel2(f): 7:52am On Oct 12, 2005
Talking on the phone and crying from watching titanic over and over again [like i just did]. cry cry
Re: What Do You Really Love to Do? by angelak(f): 2:52pm On Oct 12, 2005
I love dancing, cooking and watching high school movies!
Re: What Do You Really Love to Do? by Latoya(f): 3:55pm On Oct 12, 2005
i love to talk.
Re: What Do You Really Love to Do? by loveth(f): 4:02pm On Oct 12, 2005
Ilove to discuse with my friends.
Re: What Do You Really Love to Do? by otokx(m): 6:31pm On Oct 12, 2005
I love scenario building.
Re: What Do You Really Love to Do? by loveth(f): 12:03pm On Oct 13, 2005
i love playing piano,keyboard.
Re: What Do You Really Love to Do? by Nobody: 11:02pm On Oct 13, 2005
Seun
I have seen people who have so much passion for music that they go to the studio to record a CD and then they give it out for free!  Others have written world-class encyclopedia articles for free, and hosted them.  Some young webmasters have built popular websites and blogs for the fun of it, with no intention of making back the money spent on those projects.  All for the enjoyment they derive from these activities.

i have a feeling that by people you mean me (TRAE)-blogs and music, Sagai John-the GSM e-zine guy--world class encyclopedia amongst others. well it's all good. it's what we love to do.
Re: What Do You Really Love to Do? by niceguy(m): 12:50pm On Oct 15, 2005
Acting and been a new newscaster is my ambitious and I need people
in this forum to tell me how to go about it, so that I can achieve my talent.
Re: What Do You Really Love to Do? by IAH(f): 5:19pm On Oct 15, 2005
I enjoy drawing first and foremost. I like to draw and colour things. I used to draw and design posters for the events in my secondary school, and I used to make free greeting cards for people to give their school-mothers, daughters, etc. Gosh! They were always begging me for it back then! I won Fanta Arts competition twice. wink
I love singing too. I've always managed to squeeze myself into all the choirs of all the churches & schools I've attended since I was small. Unfortunately, I don't know how to dance very well. cry
And ermm, I enjoy gossiping too!! rolleyes
Re: What Do You Really Love to Do? by hotangel2(f): 5:41pm On Oct 15, 2005
cheesy cheesy cheesy @ the gossiping part.
Re: What Do You Really Love to Do? by dovey(m): 7:22pm On Oct 15, 2005
Actually, I am a banker but I really love to do showbiz like make-up, modeling, fashion etc. The kind of system here in Nigeria is that if u do what u like to do best u gonna staff for the rest of ur life because there is no much money attached to this things.
Re: What Do You Really Love to Do? by Scorpio(f): 7:33pm On Oct 15, 2005
Hold on to your make-up stuff o, it's really cool. Don't worry about 9ja , these things start one step at a time; besides, if u start doing that on your girl and then her friends start to notice, before you know, you have a part-time job happening.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Advice Me, I’m A Graduate, I’m Considering Learning An Handiwork / Globacom Sacks 54 Engineers / Tired Of Staying At Home Which Of These Skills Should I Go For?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.