Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,966 members, 7,799,280 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 06:25 PM

Mobile Money From Diamond Yellow Account/mtn Partnership-how To Open - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Mobile Money From Diamond Yellow Account/mtn Partnership-how To Open (40354 Views)

Features Of Diamond Yellow Account You Don't Know. / First Bank 'First Monie' Mobile Money / Mobile Money Business Opportunities: Lets Discuss (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mobile Money From Diamond Yellow Account/mtn Partnership-how To Open by All4good: 9:09pm On Aug 14, 2014
Diamond Bank and MTN have come together to provide a mobile money service which I believe will answer the need of all Ecommerce entrepreneurs whose business has been limited by POOR payment system in Nigeria.

I have just setup an account and I can say it is very fast to complete. As you will receive your new NUBAN account in less than 3 minutes.

HOW TO SETUP:
1) Dial *710#
2) Enter First Name
3) Enter Last Name
4) Enter PIN
5) Confirm PIN
And believe me, you will receive a message with your new NUBAN account number.

HOW TO USE: You can use the account to do the following amongst others-
1) Buy MTN airtime
2) Send money from your Yellow account to Another Yellow Account
3) Send money from your Yellow account to Another Bank Account
4) Receive money into your Yellow account by providing your NUBAN or PHONE number to the buyer.
5) Quick Pay (not yet operational at time of this report).

This Mobile money can easily replace Card services and POS. So many of my customers tell me they do not use ATM cards for reasons they can not expatiate except for fear of what others suffered. Now, even this group of Nigerians can have access to their funds for non-cash transactions.

Go Ahead go set yours up. Welcome to a new world of endless opportunity!!!

4 Likes

Re: Mobile Money From Diamond Yellow Account/mtn Partnership-how To Open by All4good: 12:28pm On Aug 16, 2014
Hello Nairalandians,

Lets share our experience opening or using this new MTN/Diamond mobile bank account. Opening may not have issues.

But one challenge I have experienced using the account to do a transfer is what I may call a network drop. Am at the 4th stage of a 5-Stage process and am logged out i.e am returned back to my home screen. Meaning you starting all over.

Whats your experience?
Re: Mobile Money From Diamond Yellow Account/mtn Partnership-how To Open by Oyedey4u(m): 3:17pm On Aug 18, 2014
pls how do i withdraw from my airtime balance from my DYA account
Re: Mobile Money From Diamond Yellow Account/mtn Partnership-how To Open by All4good: 3:31pm On Aug 18, 2014
Oyedey4u: pls how do i withdraw from my airtime balance from my DYA account
Seems that feature is not yet activated just like the "Quick Pay".
However for more details I believe Megateq (A DYA agent) can be of help.
Re: Mobile Money From Diamond Yellow Account/mtn Partnership-how To Open by Oyedey4u(m): 4:08pm On Aug 18, 2014
All4good:
Seems that feature is not yet activated just like the "Quick Pay".
However for more details I believe Megateq (A DYA agent) can be of help.

I just call @Megateq and he said that it is not yet possible to transfer my airtime to my DYA account for Now
Megateq: ..

I feel this will help alot if it is implemented. It will assist the mobile money to fully gain ground and may reduce the need to find mobile money agent that will assist in funding the account.
Re: Mobile Money From Diamond Yellow Account/mtn Partnership-how To Open by All4good: 4:33pm On Aug 18, 2014
Oyedey4u:
I feel this will help alot if it is implemented. It will assist the mobile money to fully gain ground and may reduce the need to find mobile money agent that will assist in funding the account.

I believe it wouldn't be long before we see that implemented. But we may also help the process of the "rising sun" by dropping it as a suggestion on Diamond Bank website.

I hope Diamond bank/MTN would be able to contend with the traffic on their servers once they implement Recharge card funding of DYA accounts. This singular move will take commerce to another unprecedented level in this populous country with enormous human energy; Nigeria .

5 Likes

Re: Mobile Money From Diamond Yellow Account/mtn Partnership-how To Open by Oyedey4u(m): 7:44pm On Aug 18, 2014
All4good:

I believe it wouldn't be long before we see that implemented. But we may also help the process of the "rising sun" by dropping it as a suggestion on Diamond Bank website.

I hope Diamond bank/MTN would be able to contend with the traffic on their servers once they implement Recharge card funding of DYA accounts. This singular move will take commerce to another unprecedented level in this populous country with enormous human energy; Nigeria .

Yes, I quite agree with you. I think we both can work together to help achieve this. I have a track record of helping them (Diamond Bank) to detect a bug in the testing phase of the DYA through their facebook address and i think they should be willing to accept our suggestion if we are able to present it to them formally...

1 Like

Re: Mobile Money From Diamond Yellow Account/mtn Partnership-how To Open by jerryboiii(m): 8:31pm On Aug 18, 2014
All4good: Diamond Bank and MTN have come together to provide a mobile money service which I believe will answer the need of all Ecommerce entrepreneurs whose business has been limited by POOR payment system in Nigeria.

I have just setup an account and I can say it is very fast to complete. As you will receive your new NUBAN account in less than 3 minutes.

HOW TO SETUP:
1) Dial *710#
2) Enter First Name
3) Enter Last Name
4) Enter PIN
5) Confirm PIN

1) Buy MTN airtime
4) Receive money into your Yellow account by providing your NUBAN or PHONE number to the buyer.

This Mobile money can easily replace Card services and POS. So many of my customers tell me they do not use ATM cards for reasons they can not expatiate except for fear of what others suffered. Now, even this group of Nigerians can have access to their funds for non-cash transactions.

boss..can I use dat account like normal account? As in d account number dey gave me,can I give someone to pay into it?? Assuming d person will av go to the bank to pay into it,is it possible?? If Yes, hw will I withdraw the money? Thanksm
Re: Mobile Money From Diamond Yellow Account/mtn Partnership-how To Open by All4good: 9:28pm On Aug 18, 2014
jerryboiii: boss..can I use dat account like normal account? As in d account number dey gave me,can I give someone to pay into it?? Assuming d person will av go to the bank to pay into it,is it possible?? If Yes, hw will I withdraw the money? Thanksm
Yes sir. It is a normal account. You can walk into the bank and fund it; then you can request for MasterCard to enable you withdraw physical cash when you need to.
Also for existing Diamond Account holders, I hear you can walk into any Diamond branch and set-up 4 digit pin allowing you to use your existing account as a Yello Account.
Re: Mobile Money From Diamond Yellow Account/mtn Partnership-how To Open by All4good: 10:03pm On Aug 18, 2014
Oyedey4u:

Yes, I quite agree with you. I think we both can work together to help achieve this. I have a track record of helping them (Diamond Bank) to detect a bug in the testing phase of the DYA through their facebook address and i think they should be willing to accept our suggestion if we are able to present it to them formally...
Ok bro, thats welcomed.
I hope to pop into one of their branches and test their preparedness for mobile money transactions. I will update the house. Cheers.
Re: Mobile Money From Diamond Yellow Account/mtn Partnership-how To Open by Oyedey4u(m): 10:45am On Aug 19, 2014
ok my bros, I will also do that in their branch close to me here.

all4good: ...

I spoke with their customer care and they gave me their email enquiries@diamondBank.com to forward any service improvement mail to.
I think we should give it a shot.
Re: Mobile Money From Diamond Yellow Account/mtn Partnership-how To Open by UbongSludba(m): 5:23pm On Aug 19, 2014
Hello Nairalanders, I sent a mail to enquiries@diamondbank.com yesterday on DYA but no response yet. I wud like 2know sum things; can d product be used wyt any other network or its just restricted 2MTN? because sumtyms a particular MNO myt have crazy network dat can cause truncation of a transaction that you need to perform urgently. And what channels are avaliable on d DYA, is it just USSD (*710#)? Pls reply smiley
Re: Mobile Money From Diamond Yellow Account/mtn Partnership-how To Open by Oyedey4u(m): 7:31pm On Aug 19, 2014
UbongSludba: Hello Nairalanders, I sent a mail to enquiries@diamondbank.com yesterday on DYA but no response yet. I wud like 2know sum things; can d product be used wyt any other network or its just restricted 2MTN?

because sumtyms a particular MNO myt have crazy network dat can cause truncation of a transaction that you need to perform urgently. And what channels are avaliable on d DYA, is it just USSD (*710#)? Pls reply smiley

From your second question, the account is based on USSD (*710#)....
and your first question, i dont think it works with other network yet.....
Re: Mobile Money From Diamond Yellow Account/mtn Partnership-how To Open by vizboy(m): 8:39pm On Aug 19, 2014
i just wish they could make it possible to fund the account with airtime from my phone balance.

Dont have time to start looking for agent to fund my account
Re: Mobile Money From Diamond Yellow Account/mtn Partnership-how To Open by All4good: 9:19pm On Aug 19, 2014
UbongSludba: Hello Nairalanders, I sent a mail to enquiries@diamondbank.com yesterday on DYA but no response yet. I wud like 2know sum things; can d product be used wyt any other network or its just restricted 2MTN? because sumtyms a particular MNO myt have crazy network dat can cause truncation of a transaction that you need to perform urgently. And what channels are avaliable on d DYA, is it just USSD (*710#)? Pls reply smiley

The account number you generate when you send the USSD code *710# is domiciled in Diamond bank and can only be operated with your MTN phone number. You cannot access it with your Airtel/Etisalat lines. These other operators will come up with their equivalents soon.
Re: Mobile Money From Diamond Yellow Account/mtn Partnership-how To Open by All4good: 10:06pm On Aug 19, 2014
Oyedey4u: I spoke with their customer care and they gave me their email enquiries@diamondBank.com to forward any service improvement mail to.
I think we should give it a shot.

These are tit-bits from my findings at Diamond/MTN offices today:

DIAMOND BANK BRANCH
I met with the operations head of the branch and when I asked him about the Diamond Yello Account, he seemed to have heard about the product but he had to put calls across to someone else every time I posed a new question.
First he confirmed that I could deposit and withdraw funds from within the bank. When I requested to know if I could deposit some funds and start processing an ATM card, he stepped aside to put a call through again, then later came back to inform me that only MTN Agent that serve as mobile money agent will issue the ATM cards that can be used in any bank ATM for withdrawals.

MTN DISTRIBUTOR
Their response to my enquires reveiled that only a few top staff are aware of the product and I was informed that they will ccommence activities in September (next month). And couldn't offer any further details of what to expect.

SUMMARY
The roll out this product is yet to happen. So any information at this time is highly presumptive. The essence of the MTN messages to dial *710# that we all received recently is a Pre-Product Launch campaign to get feedbacks. Now, one of those feedback is for us to inform them that the product will be useless if we can't fund our account with airtime.

However am in the picture that there will be a seminar for would be DYA Agents/Operators in Lagos tommorow. So after that meeting we should have a better picture. In the mean time I encourage everyone to send our suggestions/ expectations of the new product to the following emails: customercare@mtnnigeria.net , enquiries@diamondBank.com

1 Like

Re: Mobile Money From Diamond Yellow Account/mtn Partnership-how To Open by All4good: 10:19pm On Aug 19, 2014
vizboy: i just wish they could make it possible to fund the account with airtime from my phone balance.

Dont have time to start looking for agent to fund my account

CALL TO ACTION:
I encourage everyone to send our suggestions/ expectations of the new product to the following emails: customercare@mtnnigeria.net , enquiries@diamondBank.com

Make it clear that the product will not be accepted if we can't fund the account with airtime which is available every where. Don't have time to start looking for agent to fund our accounts.
Re: Mobile Money From Diamond Yellow Account/mtn Partnership-how To Open by vizboy(m): 10:35pm On Aug 19, 2014
All4good:

CALL TO ACTION:
I encourage everyone to send our suggestions/ expectations of the new product to the following emails: customercare@mtnnigeria.net , enquiries@diamondBank.com

Make it clear that the product will not be accepted if we can't fund the account with airtime which is available every where. Don't have time to start looking for agent to fund our accounts.

just sent a message to them.

if i cant fund with airtime on my phone then it is useless
Re: Mobile Money From Diamond Yellow Account/mtn Partnership-how To Open by Oyedey4u(m): 10:36pm On Aug 19, 2014
All4good:

These are tit-bits from my findings at Diamond/MTN offices today:

DIAMOND BANK BRANCH
I met with the operations head of the branch and when I asked him about the Diamond Yello Account, he seemed to have heard about the product but he had to put calls across to someone else every time I posed a new question.
First he confirmed that I could deposit and withdraw funds from within the bank. When I requested to know if I could deposit some funds and start processing an ATM card, he stepped aside to put a call through again, then later came back to inform me that only MTN Agent that serve as mobile money agent will issue the ATM cards that can be used in any bank ATM for withdrawals.

MTN DISTRIBUTOR
Their response to my enquires reveiled that only a few top staff are aware of the product and I was informed that they will ccommence activities in September (next month). And couldn't offer any further details of what to expect.

SUMMARY
The roll out this product is yet to happen. So any information at this time is highly presumptive. The essence of the MTN messages to dial *710# that we all received recently is a Pre-Product Launch campaign to get feedbacks. Now, one of those feedback is for us to inform them that the product will be useless if we can't fund our account with airtime.

However am in the picture that there will be a seminar for would be DYA Agents/Operators in Lagos tommorow. So after that meeting we should have a better picture. In the mean time I encourage everyone to send our suggestions/ expectations of the new product to the following emails: customercare@mtnnigeria.net , enquiries@diamondBank.com

whao.... You did a very wonderful job today. The best for this service is to make it easy to load the accound with airtime on the sim. This will be the winning edge and will ensure penetration and acceptance of the service by the unbanked and rural dwellers who don't have access to the internet.
Thank you for the good work.
By the way anyone sending both of them messages should include links to this forum thread so as to backup the suggestion.
Re: Mobile Money From Diamond Yellow Account/mtn Partnership-how To Open by Nobody: 4:48pm On Aug 23, 2014
All4good: Hello Nairalandians,

Lets share our experience opening or using this new MTN/Diamond mobile bank account. Opening may not have issues.

But one challenge I have experienced using the account to do a transfer is what I may call a network drop. Am at the 4th stage of a 5-Stage process and am logged out i.e am returned back to my home screen. Meaning you starting all over.

Whats your experience?
sup bro. we are still on track for that thingy o. we don't need to rush hope you know that.
Re: Mobile Money From Diamond Yellow Account/mtn Partnership-how To Open by dagr8(m): 8:53am On Aug 24, 2014
All4good:

All4good, your info here is well appreciated. Any update on this...
Re: Mobile Money From Diamond Yellow Account/mtn Partnership-how To Open by All4good: 5:44pm On Aug 24, 2014
dagr8:
All4good, your info here is well appreciated. Any update on this...
DYA agents meeting postponed. Status quo remains. Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Mobile Money From Diamond Yellow Account/mtn Partnership-how To Open by Oyedey4u(m): 1:56pm On Aug 25, 2014
All4good:
DYA agents meeting postponed. Status quo remains. Thanks.

Thanks for the info @All4good. So let us all bombard both MTNNigeria and DiamondBank. With the message, if i can load the account with my recharge card or airtime credit. Then, the idea is bound to fail because i can't start looking for Mobile Money agent, but I can easily buy recharge card..

Also pls get on twitter and let us make it popular there mention both
@MTNNG, @MTN180 and @DiamondBankNG
in your tweet.

Simply mentioning the fact that if i can't load DYA with my airtime, then it wont work or gain acceptance. I cant search for agents while i can get airtime credit from anywhere. Remote village or Town or City
Re: Mobile Money From Diamond Yellow Account/mtn Partnership-how To Open by ojigbijigbi: 9:43am On Aug 27, 2014
At least you can save money with it and later have it transfered to other bank accounts. It's a welcome development even at that stage. Signed up for one already, I'll be depositing little funds into it just to test... This is naija

2 Likes

Re: Mobile Money From Diamond Yellow Account/mtn Partnership-how To Open by Iniobon(m): 5:46pm On Aug 28, 2014
I tried the product. I deposited 2k to test it but it took them four days to credit my account. When i wanted to load my phone from it, it wouldn't load. And even the customer care line 118 was not going.
Re: Mobile Money From Diamond Yellow Account/mtn Partnership-how To Open by EnterPRO: 9:22pm On Aug 28, 2014
Iniobon: I tried the product. I deposited 2k to test it but it took them four days to credit my account. When i wanted to load my phone from it, it wouldn't load. And even the customer care line 118 was not going.

damn! this ain't good.
Re: Mobile Money From Diamond Yellow Account/mtn Partnership-how To Open by All4good: 11:48pm On Aug 28, 2014
Iniobon: I tried the product. I deposited 2k to test it but it took them four days to credit my account. When i wanted to load my phone from it, it wouldn't load. And even the customer care line 118 was not going.
Interesting @Iniobon,
Kindly give more details as to method of funding your Yello Account; was it through Mobile Agent, Diamond Bank, etc??
Dedicated customer care line (118) is not functional yet. Use 180 (choose speak to agent option) to handle complaints for now.
Cheers.
Re: Mobile Money From Diamond Yellow Account/mtn Partnership-how To Open by micday81(m): 8:09am On Aug 30, 2014
The account does not accept online / electronic transfer of fund into it. I tried to transfer money into it but the response was that the account has not been enabled for online transfer for both in and out transfers.

I guess one will still need to visit the bank for enhancements and KYC on the account to enable one to do transaction of bigger amount,because opening the account at this stage has a very minimal/ low level of transaction that can be carried out with it.

let's contribute .

whatsapp 07065537285

BBM 7A2F06EF
Re: Mobile Money From Diamond Yellow Account/mtn Partnership-how To Open by Nobody: 9:19am On Aug 30, 2014
Op nice thread, I've been thinking of opening an account but with what I've read I think I have to wait a lil bit until things are in order.
Re: Mobile Money From Diamond Yellow Account/mtn Partnership-how To Open by atuagbo: 4:35pm On Aug 30, 2014
All4good: Diamond Bank and MTN have come together to provide a mobile money service which I believe will answer the need of all Ecommerce entrepreneurs whose business has been limited by POOR payment system in Nigeria.

HOW TO SETUP:
1) Dial *710#
2) Enter First Name
3) Enter Last Name
4) Enter PIN
5) Confirm PIN

1) Buy MTN airtime

In rural areas where there no banks and ATM machine how can I partner with the Bank and be rendering this mobile money service to the rural dwellers and start making small profit.
Re: Mobile Money From Diamond Yellow Account/mtn Partnership-how To Open by Pavore9: 7:24pm On Aug 30, 2014
Good development.
Re: Mobile Money From Diamond Yellow Account/mtn Partnership-how To Open by Jece(f): 9:11am On Aug 31, 2014
This account can be useful to me only if I can fund the account through airtime in my sim card; no two ways about it!

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Nigerian Man Goes To Juju Over His Money Owed Him By Chinese Man (Photos) / Lady Blocks Her Helper After He Mistakenly Sent N30k To Her Instead Of N3k (pix) / Goats, Chickens, Fabrics Roast In Asaba Market Fire

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.