Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,457 members, 7,781,314 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 12:22 PM

No Bomb Blast Since After APC Victory In Osun State - DSS Spokesperson - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / No Bomb Blast Since After APC Victory In Osun State - DSS Spokesperson (30935 Views)

IPOB Members Killed Five Hausa-Fulani Residents In Abia State - DSS / Why Jonathan Sacked Abba Months After APC Asked For It!!! / Why Hasn't There Been Any News Of Bomb Blast Since Campaign Started? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

No Bomb Blast Since After APC Victory In Osun State - DSS Spokesperson by stopdat: 10:56pm On Aug 14, 2014
Maryln Ogar,DSS spokesperson said there were bombs blasts after the results of the gubernatorial elections in Ondo,Anambra and Ekiti (which APC lost) were announced but there were no bomb blast after the Edo and Osun elections which APC won.

Source: Channels News

41 Likes

Re: No Bomb Blast Since After APC Victory In Osun State - DSS Spokesperson by ideycraze: 10:59pm On Aug 14, 2014
This woman is suffering from Jonah syndrome.
What if APC wins the 2015 presidential elections? She would run out of the country

156 Likes

Re: No Bomb Blast Since After APC Victory In Osun State - DSS Spokesperson by Nobody: 11:02pm On Aug 14, 2014
More like 'PDP spokesperson'.

103 Likes

Re: No Bomb Blast Since After APC Victory In Osun State - DSS Spokesperson by warrior01: 11:04pm On Aug 14, 2014
Na lie?

58 Likes

Re: No Bomb Blast Since After APC Victory In Osun State - DSS Spokesperson by crazypatriot: 11:09pm On Aug 14, 2014
Interesting, hope they have enough evidence ? I don't care who the culprit is, just put an end to this.

53 Likes

Re: No Bomb Blast Since After APC Victory In Osun State - DSS Spokesperson by NgeneUkwenu(f): 11:09pm On Aug 14, 2014
As Useless As Her Oga drunkard!
No wonder the Chibok girls are yet to be found! Employing an illiterate to head a sensitive post like DSS Shows an ingrained stupidity inherent in this-Never-Do-Well administration of jondaft's!

I give up!

133 Likes

Re: No Bomb Blast Since After APC Victory In Osun State - DSS Spokesperson by tybank: 11:22pm On Aug 14, 2014

1 Like

Re: No Bomb Blast Since After APC Victory In Osun State - DSS Spokesperson by tybank: 11:24pm On Aug 14, 2014
stopdat: Maryln Ogar,DSS spokesperson said there were bombs blasts after the results of the gubernatorial elections in Ondo,Anambra and Ekiti (which APC lost) were announced but there were no bomb blast after the Edo and Osun elections which APC won.

Source: Channels News

Unprofessional and disgusting

96 Likes

Re: No Bomb Blast Since After APC Victory In Osun State - DSS Spokesperson by aresa: 11:32pm On Aug 14, 2014

The dust of the just concluded Osun governorship polls does not seem to be about to ebb, going by the string of accusations not only between political parties, but between political parties and the Department of State Security (DSS).

[b]Today on Channels Television’s breakfast programme, Sunrise Daily, the spokesperson of the DSS, Marylin Ogar , wondered why there was no bomb blasts after the Osun governorship election which was won by the All Progressives Congress (APC).

Ogar did not specifically or directly accuse the APC of complicity in the bombing, but still wondered why there were bomb blasts in states where other parties apart from the
APC won elections.

Ms Ogar noted that there has been no bombings since the apc won in Edo and Osun elections.
She said that “we had provided security for Edo and at the end of that election, permit me to say, there was no bomb blast.

“We moved to Ondo and the Labour Party won in Ondo, there was bomb blast. We moved to Anambra; APGA won in Anambra and there was a bomb blast”. She said

She however noted that when they “moved to Ekiti and PDP won in Ekiti, there was a bomb blast” and “thank God we were able to deploy appropriately (in Osun), the results came out, the APC have won and thank God there was no bomb blast”.
Asked if she was insinuating that the opposition party was responsible for the bombings, the DSS spokesperson noted that “we should thank God that since after the Osun elections, there has been no bombings” warning that “it doesn’t mean that there should be a bomb blast after i leave the (channels tv Abuja) studio”.

She noted that the DSS does not come out to make such accusations all the time, adding that “we are not meant to intimidate, we are not meant to cow, but we are allow the Nigerian people know that there certain things we know and we keep quiet to work underground to ensure that we dont want to put people into our parts.[/b]

She also urged every Nigerian to know that security operatives should not and never be dragged into politics.
There had been allegations that the DSS operatives on duty during the Osun election showed some excesses in the discharge of their duties, an allegation she was bent on debunking.

According to her, while she could understand a political party being bad losers, the Osun matter only meant that bad winners also existed.

She stated that the DSS had not done anything unusual in Osun State, explaining that as a fall-out of the Ekiti election, security reports had revealed that political parties, particularly the PDP and the APC had vowed to outdo each other in the Osun State election and based on security reports, the security agencies “had to deploy adequately to be able to forestall any threat or anything that will pose contrary to free and fair election in Osun State.”

Alleged 14million Naira Offer

[b]It has been reported that the DSS alleged that a political party offered the Security Service a bribe, leading to the Osun election, and she was asked to name the persons involved, so that they could be prosecuted.

She said that prior to the election, an APC member had invited the DSS Director, who was coordinating the election “to come and collect 4 million Naira for himself and another 10 million Naira for the same masked people.

“It was an offer and she said no, that she didn’t think it was necessary because when it has to do with logistics, as far as the Service is concerned, they would definitely have placed everything that would make for a successful operation.

“The rejection of that money on Tuesday brought on a lot of things that ordinarily we had not seen before anywhere.”

On the demand for the identity and prosecution of the persons involved, she said, “The duty of the SSS is to detect, prevent and deter” and using the President’s carrot and stick analogy, “It is not every time that you go out arresting people.”

[/b]

She said further, “If this same process has been turned down when it had to do with other political parties, and they never took offense, why is it that the APC is taking offense? For me, its like pre-empting and presuming that ‘maybe this people are going to go to town with this stuff so we must be able to cow them to a point where they would be unable to expose what we were trying to do’.

“The person that made the offer knows himself and he knows that we know him.” She insisted that security agencies should not be dragged into politics.

She also clarified the issue surrounding the 14million Naira offer and being referred to as “bribe”.

“I’m sure the people that were doing the offering didn’t see it as a bribe, and I had never mentioned the word bribe. The media has used the word bribe in order to make it sensational.

“I could make you an offer and say this would assist you in what you are doing. Its either you take it or you refuse.

“I did say here that they offered us money to assist us and we said no.”

She added that if indeed the DSS was not accommodating to all parties involved in the election, “the Executive Governor of Osun State wouldn’t have written inviting us to come.”

channelstv.com

OMG OMG OMG... This woman is indeed a public official for real? OMG..

67 Likes

Re: No Bomb Blast Since After APC Victory In Osun State - DSS Spokesperson by size38: 11:39pm On Aug 14, 2014
This is beer parlor gossip from DSS. The DSS should go to Sambisa forest to rescue our girls and stop talking rubbish everyday.

60 Likes

Re: No Bomb Blast Since After APC Victory In Osun State - DSS Spokesperson by lilprinze: 11:47pm On Aug 14, 2014
i reserve my comment

2 Likes

Re: No Bomb Blast Since After APC Victory In Osun State - DSS Spokesperson by jking001(m): 11:50pm On Aug 14, 2014
What do you expect from thE nigeria muslim brotherhood party,if it walks and quacks like a duck then it must be a duck.

27 Likes

Re: No Bomb Blast Since After APC Victory In Osun State - DSS Spokesperson by BTT(m): 11:58pm On Aug 14, 2014
Really, someone wake me from my sleep!!!

Is this our own State Security Service or one SS III student chanting carol in August?

No wonder the perpetrators of the Nassarawa Egon malady are still roaming free.

76 Likes

Re: No Bomb Blast Since After APC Victory In Osun State - DSS Spokesperson by danot1030: 12:03am On Aug 15, 2014
crazypatriot: Interesting, hope they have enough evidence ? I don't care who the culprit is, just put an end to this.
my brother is not about culprit, it is about the unprofessionalism of dss and d spokeperson, it is turning nigeria system into a scorn, one cannot but wonder if dss has turn to an arm of pdp.

47 Likes

Re: No Bomb Blast Since After APC Victory In Osun State - DSS Spokesperson by oduastates: 12:42am On Aug 15, 2014
A complete joke.
In any other country, this woman will be a toilet cleaner.
Like I have said before, the country is looking more and more like bayelsa

69 Likes

Re: No Bomb Blast Since After APC Victory In Osun State - DSS Spokesperson by Nobody: 2:35am On Aug 15, 2014
Arrest the APC man, and Nairalanders will "tear" you to peices while APC will taje the case to the "CNN"!

The DSS has done well so far! Next time, those who give money for "assistance" would be very careful.

As for bombs, its only the biased that doesnt know that "making the nation ungorvernable" and then taunt Mr. President for failure is the strategy to win elections!

"bring back our girls or forget 2015" quuckly comes to mind!

41 Likes

Re: No Bomb Blast Since After APC Victory In Osun State - DSS Spokesperson by armadeo(m): 3:14am On Aug 15, 2014
I watched her this pm. The part that made me laugh was when she said why was lai mohammed outside at 12a.m. he was wandering so he was arrested.

This is the security spokes person.

Gej till whenever.

35 Likes

Re: No Bomb Blast Since After APC Victory In Osun State - DSS Spokesperson by Firefire(m): 3:25am On Aug 15, 2014
[quote][/quote] grin
Re: No Bomb Blast Since After APC Victory In Osun State - DSS Spokesperson by chino25(m): 3:27am On Aug 15, 2014
I am not surprised.

Then again, I'm a fool and what I say makes no sense.

3 Likes

Re: No Bomb Blast Since After APC Victory In Osun State - DSS Spokesperson by jabanz(m): 3:28am On Aug 15, 2014
Continue dah good job, kip digging LOL
Re: No Bomb Blast Since After APC Victory In Osun State - DSS Spokesperson by hoodboy(m): 3:28am On Aug 15, 2014
Too bad we politicize everything

7 Likes

Re: No Bomb Blast Since After APC Victory In Osun State - DSS Spokesperson by nosisky: 3:29am On Aug 15, 2014
I found a great AdSense alternative that pays out at $10. Can use it in conjunction w/adsense too. Try it: http:///VoBzhB
Re: No Bomb Blast Since After APC Victory In Osun State - DSS Spokesperson by mrjangaweed: 3:30am On Aug 15, 2014
The same thing on nairaland. They lost they took down nairaland they won nairaland stays

Ohh I hate apc with all my heart.
Allah knows that I can kill any Apc nigga on sight. Those nigas disgust me

23 Likes

Re: No Bomb Blast Since After APC Victory In Osun State - DSS Spokesperson by amakufrancis(m): 3:30am On Aug 15, 2014
chino25: I am not surprised.

Then again, I'm a fool and what I say makes no sense.
y u nt suprised?

1 Like

Re: No Bomb Blast Since After APC Victory In Osun State - DSS Spokesperson by ERCROSS(m): 3:31am On Aug 15, 2014
hmmm..
either na A.P.C or P.D.P..
All these bombs u r planting like plantain..
Diaris God ooo

1 Like

Re: No Bomb Blast Since After APC Victory In Osun State - DSS Spokesperson by Nobody: 3:32am On Aug 15, 2014
What about economic bomb blast? Failed government policy bomb blast? Bad roads bomb blast? Insecurity bomb blast? No Light bomb blast? Who is to blame for that one? APC abi? If I may ask, when will Nigeria stop playing the blame games and face what is facing us?

67 Likes

Re: No Bomb Blast Since After APC Victory In Osun State - DSS Spokesperson by chino25(m): 3:34am On Aug 15, 2014
amakufrancis: y u nt suprised?

Hello young lady, my name is Chinonso Samuel Dike, but my friends call me Chuno. I'm 37 and I don't have a wife or girlfriend. Spare me of my misery and take my virginity. Pleaseeeee!

15 Likes

Re: No Bomb Blast Since After APC Victory In Osun State - DSS Spokesperson by AMAKAVIOLA: 3:34am On Aug 15, 2014
Re: No Bomb Blast Since After APC Victory In Osun State - DSS Spokesperson by Jhosh(m): 3:34am On Aug 15, 2014
Funny topic !
Apc is responsible 4 PLANTING of bombs.
Na who kon dey HARVEST am?

8 Likes

Re: No Bomb Blast Since After APC Victory In Osun State - DSS Spokesperson by greall1: 3:36am On Aug 15, 2014

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Buhari Appoints Ibrahim Kpotum Idris As New Inspector General of Police / Agbakoba To Buhari: Apply Ojukwu Aburi Accord & Divide Nigeria Now / Appeal Court Gets Eighteen New Justices (Names, Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.