Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,891 members, 7,802,869 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 12:07 AM

Happy Feast Of Assupmtion To All Catholics - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Happy Feast Of Assupmtion To All Catholics (17168 Views)

Toni Payne Blasts Chris Okotie For Saying "All Catholics Will Go To Hell" / All Catholics Will Go To Hell - Chris Okotie / Happy Feast Of Christ The Universal King To All Catholics!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Happy Feast Of Assupmtion To All Catholics by Nobody: 10:04am On Aug 15, 2014
AdeniyiA: Does Mary pray people? wouldn't it be better if Jesus prays instead?

Use your brain.

How can Jesus/God pray for us. Smh

Jesus is a prayer himself i.e he does everything both mercy, healing etc

1 Like

Re: Happy Feast Of Assupmtion To All Catholics by bluerange(f): 10:08am On Aug 15, 2014
hurricaneChris: Ave Maria mater Dei, Ora pro nobis peccatoribus.

Happy feast day.

*getting prepared for Dominic's mid day mass*
Just reminded me of Marian Shrine Maryland (St.Agnes Maryland,Lagos) Happy Feast day to us all!

1 Like

Re: Happy Feast Of Assupmtion To All Catholics by Amack(m): 10:09am On Aug 15, 2014
This is not a day of argument my fellow catholics, it's our feast day no time for argument. Then God's temple in heaven was opened, and the ark of his covenant could be seen in the temple.
There were flashes of lightning, rumblings, and peals of thunder, an earthquake, and a violent hailstorm.

A great sign appeared in the sky, a woman clothed with the sun,
with the moon under her feet, and on her head a crown of twelve stars.
She was with child and wailed aloud in pain as she labored to give birth.

Then another sign appeared in the sky; it was a huge red dragon, with seven heads and ten horns, and on its heads were seven diadems.
Its tail swept away a third of the stars in the sky and hurled them down to the earth.
Then the dragon stood before the woman about to give birth, to devour her child when she gave birth.

She gave birth to a son, a male child, destined to rule all the nations with an iron rod. Her child was caught up to God and his throne.
The woman herself fled into the desert where she had a place prepared by God,
that there she might be taken care of for twelve hundred and sixty days.

Revelation 11:19-12:1-6

3 Likes

Re: Happy Feast Of Assupmtion To All Catholics by Nobody: 10:10am On Aug 15, 2014
Christians and their wahala sef! MtcheeEeew!

Me I dey mbaise for new Yam festival. This is worth celebrating!

See masquerades getting set, the old men performing "omenala".

My shrine need fowl for this year bountiful harvest.

*dances atilogu leaves thread* grin
Re: Happy Feast Of Assupmtion To All Catholics by Syncan(m): 10:11am On Aug 15, 2014
SalC: https://www.nairaland.com/1464338/thread-catholics/162
Inviting all Catholics here to the official Catholic thread on Nairaland. Come and interact with your fellow Catholics.

Welcome already cheesy

A home to all catholics.

2 Likes

Re: Happy Feast Of Assupmtion To All Catholics by outstandingsyll(f): 10:11am On Aug 15, 2014
If she ascended to the right hand of God, where did Jesus Christ ascend to? May God have mercy on you Catholics and open your eyes to the truth and accept it

1 Like

Re: Happy Feast Of Assupmtion To All Catholics by Nobody: 10:12am On Aug 15, 2014
This is APOSTASY to the Highest Order!!!

Oh Lord Forgive Them but they know not what they are doing.
Re: Happy Feast Of Assupmtion To All Catholics by Nobody: 10:13am On Aug 15, 2014
FrancisTony:

Why?
unlawfully banned by seun! angry
Re: Happy Feast Of Assupmtion To All Catholics by Janetozi(f): 10:14am On Aug 15, 2014
damerry:

Damned if one does, damned if one doesn't.

We brought it raw, they cried for scriptural backup.

We brought scriptural backups they still cry foul.

where then does the truth lies?

Is it in the Quran or Torah? Under the deepest abýs of seas or on the summit of the everest?

Pentecostals and hypocrisy. Smh
making reference to song 3:6, are u saying that Mary is the one Solomon is refferinq to? Is Mary Solomon's spouse & lover too?

Revelation 12 is clearly understood. Mary have to pass through a lot to bring Jesus into this world because the devil fought her to make sure it didn't happen but was defeated.

But what i don't understand is how Mary later turned out to be the Lover of Solomon!

Explain to me please, am intersected. But don't tell me what i know so i won't argue with u.
Re: Happy Feast Of Assupmtion To All Catholics by Nobody: 10:15am On Aug 15, 2014
THEHEALER: O Mary conceived without sin, pray for us who have recourse to thee.

Sorrowful and Immaculate heart of Mary, Pray for us who have recourse to thee.

Remember O most gracious Virgin Mary,that never was it known that anyone who fled to your protection, implored your help or sought your intercession was left unaided. Inspired by this confidence, We fly unto thee, O Virgin Of Virgins, our Mother. To thee we come, before thee we stand, sinful and sorrowful. O Mother of the Word Incarnate, despise not our petitions, but in your Mercy hear and answer us. Amen
Blessed feast day to all!
See Heresy o... Satan is really rejoicing in Hell cheesy cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: Happy Feast Of Assupmtion To All Catholics by DonaldGenes(m): 10:15am On Aug 15, 2014
SalC: Right from the early times, we have always read even in the scriptures, of those who walked with God and neither saw death nor did we read of their body decaying

The scriptures recorded of Enoch,
He spent his life in fellowship with God and then he disappeared because God took him. Gen 5:24

We also read of God taking away the prophet Elijah in 2kings 2:11

This has been a way God took away a selected few who walked in union with him. If you study Rev 12, you will notice God took the women to a place prepared for her.

Hope this helps.

I admire comments

1 Like

Re: Happy Feast Of Assupmtion To All Catholics by Noneroone(m): 10:16am On Aug 15, 2014
May god open your eyes.
Re: Happy Feast Of Assupmtion To All Catholics by Syncan(m): 10:18am On Aug 15, 2014
outstandingsyll: If she ascended to the right hand of God, where did Jesus Christ ascend to? May God have mercy on you Catholics and open your eyes to the truth and accept it

Stop spreading lies" no one said she "ascended" to any where.

Is Jesus God?

If yes, If she is at Jesus right hand, is she at the right hand of God? Ps 45:9

If no, then you are on a loooooong thing.

5 Likes

Re: Happy Feast Of Assupmtion To All Catholics by PAGAN9JA(m): 10:18am On Aug 15, 2014
[size=18pt]THE GODS FORBID THIS KIND OF IDOLATRY WORSHIPING JEWISH WOMEN!

SEE NIGERIAN PPLS! CELEBRATING FOREIGN FEASTS/FESTIVALS BUT CANT ATTEND A SINGLE NATIVE FESTIVAL!
[/size]

1 Like

Re: Happy Feast Of Assupmtion To All Catholics by Katier00(f): 10:18am On Aug 15, 2014
THE MEMORARE
Remember , o most loving virgin Mary, that never was it known that anyone who fled to thy protection or sought your intercession was left unaided . Inspired by this confidence, I fly unto thee, o vrigin of vrigins, my mother, to Thee I come, before You I stand sinful and sorrowful,o mother of the word incarnate despite not our prayers but in your clemency hear and answer us

4 Likes

Re: Happy Feast Of Assupmtion To All Catholics by Janetozi(f): 10:19am On Aug 15, 2014
If she ascended on the right hand of God, then Jesus is probably on the left hand.

Na here u go fear catholicsim. They are making the world of God to appear as a lie.
outstandingsyll: If she ascended to the right hand of God, where did Jesus Christ ascend to? May God have mercy on you Catholics and open your eyes to the truth and accept it
Re: Happy Feast Of Assupmtion To All Catholics by Janetozi(f): 10:20am On Aug 15, 2014
Re: Happy Feast Of Assupmtion To All Catholics by wonda26(m): 10:21am On Aug 15, 2014
haibe: but this is idolatry, you should cry to the Father, or at least Jesus who is the mediator between man and God.
Bro or babe, live and let live. I have chosen my faith. I love my catholic faith. You have your reasons for choosing your faith just as I have mine.

Do you know how many religions are in this world ? A lot with contradictory practices. Learn to accommodate people of other opinions different from yours.

Who are you to term my belief idolatry? Shey na you create life?

5 Likes

Re: Happy Feast Of Assupmtion To All Catholics by David0(m): 10:22am On Aug 15, 2014
Jesus said..."I am the way, the truth and Life, No one cometh to the Father except by me"...John 14:6.

When so much emphasies is given to the mother, she becomes a god before your eyes.

Questions to ponder on: Did Mary remain a virgin after the birth of Jesus?
Does it mean Joseph never met his wife all thru their marriage?
How is it, the Bible never recorded any information about Mary after the ascention of Jesus?

We all have what we believe though, but for this count me out.

1 Like

Re: Happy Feast Of Assupmtion To All Catholics by jsunex(m): 10:23am On Aug 15, 2014
Mother mary pray for me so I may see the endless mercy of ur beloved son Jesus Christ... Amen.
Re: Happy Feast Of Assupmtion To All Catholics by haibe(m): 10:25am On Aug 15, 2014
wonda26:
Bro or babe, live and let live. I have chosen my faith. I love my catholic faith. You have your reasons for choosing your faith just as I have mine.

Do you know how many religions are in this world ? A lot with contradictory practices. Learn to accommodate people of other opinions different from yours.

Who are you to term my belief idolatry? Shey na you create life?
oh sorry, I actually thought you were a Christian that was why I use the scriptural basis.
Re: Happy Feast Of Assupmtion To All Catholics by Rich4god(m): 10:25am On Aug 15, 2014
Jealousy go kill some people for this world... The last time I checked, catholics dont force anybody to believe in their doctrice, neither did the op said that you all have to believe in what she posted. Its in security that makes protestant to jump on anything catholic and condem it. If you dont axept their doctrice, why not leave them to it. Its non of your biz as they didnt force you to join dem...

4 Likes

Re: Happy Feast Of Assupmtion To All Catholics by damerry(m): 10:27am On Aug 15, 2014
Janetozi: making reference to song 3:6, are u saying that Mary is the one Solomon is refferinq to? Is Mary Solomon's spouse & lover too?

Revelation 12 is clearly understood. Mary have to pass through a lot to bring Jesus into this world because the devil fought her to make sure it didn't happen but was defeated.

But what i don't understand is how Mary later turned out to be the Lover of Solomon!

Explain to me please, am intersected. But don't tell me what i know so i won't argue with u.

Hypocrite.!

Now you will agree that Mary is the woman in revelation 12 huh?

Did you not accuse Catholics of twsiting bible to suits thremselves. I quoted the same revelation 12 and you were the first among heretics to shout foul and impute it to selfish measures.

How you suddenly made a u-turn thinking you will catch me unawares is quite amusing.

You're still a learner. First Settle your hypocrisy and get back to me.

5 Likes

Re: Happy Feast Of Assupmtion To All Catholics by Malakh: 10:31am On Aug 15, 2014
there are only males,elders in heaven,no females, miriam is asleep in the grave....

1 Like

Re: Happy Feast Of Assupmtion To All Catholics by Sunshinelady(f): 10:31am On Aug 15, 2014
SalC: Celebrated every year on August 15, the Feast of the Assumption of the Blessed Virgin Mary commemorates the death of Mary and her bodily assumption into Heaven, before her body could begin to decay--a foretaste of our own bodily resurrection at the end of time. Because it signifies the Blessed Virgin's passing into eternal life, it is the most important of all Marian feasts and a Holy Day of Obligation.

Quick Facts:

• Date: August 15.

• Type of Feast: Solemnity; Holy Day of Obligation.

.  Readings: Revelation 11:19a, 12:1-6a, 10ab; Psalm 45:10, 11, 12, 16; 1 Corinthians 15:20-27; Luke 1:39-56

• Prayers: The Hail Mary

• Other Names for the Feast: The Solemnity of the Assumption of the Blessed Virgin Mary; The Assumption of Mary Into Heaven; The Dormition of the Theotokos; The Falling Asleep of the Blessed Virgin Mary

History of the Assumption:

The Feast of the Assumption is a very old feast of the Church, celebrated universally by the sixth century. The feast was originally celebrated in the East, where it is known as the Feast of the Dormition, a word which means "the falling asleep." The earliest printed reference to the belief that Mary's body was assumed into Heaven dates from the fourth century, in a document entitled "The Falling Asleep of the Holy Mother of God." The document is written in the voice of the Apostle John, to whom Christ on the Cross had entrusted the care of His mother, and recounts the death, laying in the tomb, and assumption of the Blessed Virgin. Tradition variously places Mary's death at Jerusalem or at Ephesus, where John was living.

A Required Belief:

The Assumption of the Blessed Virgin Mary into Heaven at the end of her earthly life is a defined dogma of the Catholic Church. On November 1, 1950, Pope Pius XII, exercising papal infallibility, declared in Munificentissimus Deus that it is a dogma of the Church "that the Immaculate Mother of God, the ever Virgin Mary, having completed the course of her earthly life, was assumed body and soul into heavenly glory." As a dogma, the Assumption is a required belief of all Catholics; anyone who publicly dissents from the dogma, Pope Pius declared, "has fallen away completely from the divine and Catholic Faith."

While the Eastern Orthodox believe in the Dormition, they object to the papal definition of the dogma, seeing it as unnecessary, since belief in Mary's bodily assumption, tradition holds, goes back to apostolic times.

Pope Pius XII, in the text explaining his definition of the dogma of the Assumption, refers repeatedly to the Blessed Virgin's death before her Assumption, and the consistent tradition in both the East and the West holds that Mary did die before she was assumed into Heaven. However, since the definition of the Assumption is silent on this question, Catholics can legitimately believe that Mary did not die before the Assumption.
http://catholicism.about.com/od/holydaysandholidays/p/Assumption.htm
my loving mother, as we mark ur feast today, I hav one intention: dat u carry d whole of Nigeria in ur bossom to Our Lord Jesus Christ (as u did at d weddin feast at Cana) , so dat He will wash Ebola out of this country, heal the sick ones, & receive d souls of dose who hav died, Amen. Lord Jesus Christ in ur mercy hear & answer me Amen

4 Likes

Re: Happy Feast Of Assupmtion To All Catholics by Nobody: 10:32am On Aug 15, 2014
tosscash1: MARY MOTHER OF GOD
PLEASE PRAY FOR ME A WRETCHED SINNER
Prayer Vetoed, Mary is insignificant in the Heavenly order. cheesy cheesy
Re: Happy Feast Of Assupmtion To All Catholics by herald9: 10:32am On Aug 15, 2014
FrancisTony:

Rule1- Please post on topic. Don't derail or tribalise a thread. smiley

Btw, Good Morning.

Thank you

May all the hosts of heaven...even the nameless ones pray for you to have a great day ...

Amen

1 Like

Re: Happy Feast Of Assupmtion To All Catholics by hurricaneChris: 10:34am On Aug 15, 2014
bluerange: Just reminded me of Marian Shrine Maryland (St.Agnes Maryland,Lagos) Happy Feast day to us all!

There is going to be a Lagos Arch Diocesan youth vigil at that Marian Shrine on 29th of this month.

Hope u can attend.
Re: Happy Feast Of Assupmtion To All Catholics by Nobody: 10:36am On Aug 15, 2014
Omexonomy: How proper is it to assume mary is in heaven?
Jesus, while on the cross, instructed John to take care of Mary his mother.

John, whom wrote the Gospel according to John and Apocalypse, wrote in the book of Apocalypse that he saw a woman clothed in a gown bright as the sun and crowned wth a crown studded with 12 Stars, standing on top of the moon.
Who else could it be? Michelle Obama?
Re: Happy Feast Of Assupmtion To All Catholics by wonda26(m): 10:39am On Aug 15, 2014
I believe in God,
the Father almighty,
Creator of heaven and earth,
and in Jesus Christ, his only Son, our Lord,
who was conceived by the Holy Spirit,
born of the Virgin Mary,
suffered under Pontius Pilate,
was crucified, died and was buried;
he descended into hell;
on the third day he rose again from the dead;
he ascended into heaven,
and is seated at the right hand of God the Father almighty;
from there he will come to judge the living and the dead.
I believe in the Holy Spirit,
the holy catholic Church,
the communion of saints,
the forgiveness of sins,
the resurrection of the body,
and life everlasting. Amen.
haibe: oh sorry, I actually thought you were a Christian that was why I use the scriptural basis.
Very funny. That is my faith. A Christian. A Catholic.

Who are you?
Re: Happy Feast Of Assupmtion To All Catholics by Sweetlemon(f): 10:41am On Aug 15, 2014
Lillyeean: Very funny... And they say they dont worship Mary... They just ' honor' her

grin grin grin Their matter don tire me. Just allow them abeg.
Re: Happy Feast Of Assupmtion To All Catholics by SalC: 10:44am On Aug 15, 2014
Janetozi: If she ascended on the right hand of God, then Jesus is probably on the left hand.

Na here u go fear catholicsim. They are making the world of God to appear as a lie.
Nobody said she "ascended" and yes she is at the right hand of Jesus Christ. Psalm 45:9

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Why You Should Not Pay Attention To The People That Say "Do Not Judge". / T.B Joshua Again: I See Death Of An Argentinian Leader / Hot Nigeria Girls Twerks Videos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.