Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,650 members, 7,801,898 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 04:39 AM

We’ve Not Reintroduced ATM Charges —CBN - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / We’ve Not Reintroduced ATM Charges —CBN (3874 Views)

We’ve Not Reintroduced ATM Charges —CBN / Banks To Start Zero ATM Charges On Dec 17. / Banks And Interswitch To Increase ATM Charges (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Go Down)

Re: We’ve Not Reintroduced ATM Charges —CBN by Nigerianmovie(m): 10:49am On Aug 15, 2014
CBN is one of the most confused institution in Nigeria.
paper money to polymer and attempt to go back to paper and other inconsistencies.
Re: We’ve Not Reintroduced ATM Charges —CBN by bigass(f): 10:52am On Aug 15, 2014
this is nice
Re: We’ve Not Reintroduced ATM Charges —CBN by ibdeals1(m): 10:54am On Aug 15, 2014
undecided
Re: We’ve Not Reintroduced ATM Charges —CBN by albiol: 10:55am On Aug 15, 2014
This policy shows just how heartless the people making policies in Nigeria are they only make policies that enriches themselves. the reason the CBN have not ordered these banks to be putting smaller denomintions in their ATMS I dont know. Anytime u withdraw from an Atm its one thousand naira and no other denomination to now break the money down will now be a problem
Re: We’ve Not Reintroduced ATM Charges —CBN by tuasefemi(m): 10:55am On Aug 15, 2014
Bluetooth2:

Sometimes you tend to question if southerners have human face when implementing policies. The same CBN that encouraged the poor man on the street to open a bank account, discouraged him from queueing in the banking and forced him to apply for an Atm card is now telling him he's disturbing the commercial banks on top of his money.

The North always consider their people whenever they find themselves in positions but the south is always concerned about profit-making. Obj increased the price of fuel same as Jonathan but Yardua brought it down and now the southern CBN governor just re-introduced a charges that once made accessiblity to Atm convinient for the ordinary man.

se ki n ma ton e, o riyen so!
Those points of yours are nothing but brutal facts.

2 Likes

Re: We’ve Not Reintroduced ATM Charges —CBN by bigass(f): 10:55am On Aug 15, 2014
egopersonified: Correct me if i'm wrong, but I think some banks used to charge N100 per month, while others charged per withdrawal. How did those that charged monthly pay for this N65 then?

read it again
Re: We’ve Not Reintroduced ATM Charges —CBN by bigass(f): 10:57am On Aug 15, 2014
i think they should just ban people from using other banks ATM. Then you people will understand
Re: We’ve Not Reintroduced ATM Charges —CBN by poiZon: 11:00am On Aug 15, 2014
Yomieluv: The CBN is confused,why discourage multiple withdrawal,yet they are clamouring for cashless society. I for one,I can withdraw many times a day,I only withdraw only what I need for a purpose,cos one of my weakness is spendthrift when with huge amount..this is nothing short of policy somersault.

chai.........chai..........chai..............
u can lie o!
ur weakness is spendthrift cheesy
Re: We’ve Not Reintroduced ATM Charges —CBN by mindurbiznes: 11:03am On Aug 15, 2014
Bluetooth2:

Sometimes you tend to question if southerners have human face when implementing policies. The same CBN that encouraged the poor man on the street to open a bank account, discouraged him from queueing in the banking and forced him to apply for an Atm card is now telling him he's disturbing the commercial banks on top of his money. ♥♥

The North always consider their people whenever they find themselves in positions but the south is always concerned about profit-making♥♥♥-

Obj increased the price of fuel same as Jonathan but Yardua brought it down and now the southern CBN governor just re-introduced a charges that once made accessiblity to Atm convinient for the ordinary man.
Re: We’ve Not Reintroduced ATM Charges —CBN by sharks776(m): 11:03am On Aug 15, 2014
nattie5: Why is it that majority of Nigerians find it difficult to read?So easy to just read headline and start raining abuses on persons and institutions.

I personally think this is a good move by CBN. If you withdraw more than 3times a day, then you need to get more organised, plan your day and spendings. Everyone gets into business to make profit.

By the way, if you think N65 is too much price to pay for the convinience, keep your money in a potty under your bed. Shikena!

Let me remind you that it is not just going to the ATM once in a day that matters or they are talking about, but how many withdrawals you make. for instance, assuming you organize yourself properly like you said and decided that you need N100,000. Tell me is there any ATM machine that will allow you to withdraw N100,000 at once? the answer is NO, you will need to make at least 5 withdrawals (on average) which counts or translate to using the ATM FIVE TIMES ( a limitation on how many withdrawal we can make) so why say people make multiple withdrawal when u don't allow them to withdraw N100,000 at once. greed at its peek!
Re: We’ve Not Reintroduced ATM Charges —CBN by Exponental(m): 11:03am On Aug 15, 2014
What is wrong with the moderators? Same topic on FP with same explanations. Rubbish!
Re: We’ve Not Reintroduced ATM Charges —CBN by ojobekehinde: 11:06am On Aug 15, 2014
As simple as this explanation is,some daft still find it difficult to undeerstand it.Halved educated pple
Re: We’ve Not Reintroduced ATM Charges —CBN by mindurbiznes: 11:07am On Aug 15, 2014
koboko69:

Indeed the cluelessness of this administration is as infectious as EBOLA, Sanusi only had natural immunity and was sacked cos of that.
♥♥♥

1 Like

Re: We’ve Not Reintroduced ATM Charges —CBN by Femistico(m): 11:17am On Aug 15, 2014
well its a nice move...buh dere are restrictions on withdrawals at atm, for someone who wish to withdraw 100k now u dnt ave any choice dan to collect it 5times...hahaha
Re: We’ve Not Reintroduced ATM Charges —CBN by Nobody: 11:25am On Aug 15, 2014
Ok, I get your point. Fine, they can increase the cap on each withdrawal, but then criminals will have a field day...if your card gets cloned/stolen, you'll be sucked dry in a day grin
sharks776:

Let me remind you that it is not just going to the ATM once in a day that matters or they are talking about, but how many withdrawals you make. for instance, assuming you organize yourself properly like you said and decided that you need N100,000. Tell me is there any ATM machine that will allow you to withdraw N100,000 at once? the answer is NO, you will need to make at least 5 withdrawals (on average) which counts or translate to using the ATM FIVE TIMES ( a limitation on how many withdrawal we can make) so why say people make multiple withdrawal when u don't allow them to withdraw N100,000 at once. greed at its peek!
;DOk I get your point. Fine they can increase the cap on each withdrawal, but then criminals abound in our society...if your card gets cloned, you'll be sucked dry in a day [quote author=sharks776]

Let me remind you that it is not just going to the ATM once in a day that matters or they are talking about, but how many withdrawals you make. for instance, assuming you organize yourself properly like you said and decided that you need N100,000. Tell me is there any ATM machine that will allow you to withdraw N100,000 at once? the answer is NO, you will need to make at least 5 withdrawals (on average) which counts or translate to using the ATM FIVE TIMES ( a limitation on how many withdrawal we can make) so why say people make multiple withdrawal when u don't allow them to withdraw N100,000 at once. greed at its peek![/quote
Re: We’ve Not Reintroduced ATM Charges —CBN by Shuen: 11:39am On Aug 15, 2014
nattie5: Why is it that majority of Nigerians find it difficult to read?So easy to just read headline and start raining abuses on persons and institutions.

I personally think this is a good move by CBN. If you withdraw more than 3times a day, then you need to get more organised, plan your day and spendings. Everyone gets into business to make profit.

By the way, if you think N65 is too much price to pay for the convenience, keep your money in a potty under your bed. Shikena!

sorry to quote you but the 3times that is being referred to here is in a month and not a day. I know of a fact that most ATM would not dispense more than 20k at a go,what happens if you are to withdraw 100k?

2 Likes

Re: We’ve Not Reintroduced ATM Charges —CBN by Nobody: 12:02pm On Aug 15, 2014
poiZon:

chai.........chai..........chai..............
u can lie o!
ur weakness is spendthrift cheesy
lolzz,man must form na.
Re: We’ve Not Reintroduced ATM Charges —CBN by Nobody: 12:33pm On Aug 15, 2014
Yomieluv: The CBN is confused,why discourage multiple withdrawal,yet they are clamouring for cashless society. I for one,I can withdraw many times a day,I only withdraw only what I need for a purpose,cos one of my weakness is spendthrift when with huge amount..this is nothing short of policy somersault.

Thanks bro for the submission up there!

I was one of the people that heckled and hounded Sanusi for some of his policies, but on the sale of banks and this ATM charges; he got it 100% right. Dude might not be a Professor of Economics but he was a change agent and change is what this country need more than anything.

Emefiele belongs to that establishment that Sanusi tried to do away with in the banking sector. Now that the hawks are back, ordinary Nigerians will be the worse for it.
Re: We’ve Not Reintroduced ATM Charges —CBN by Nobody: 2:01pm On Aug 15, 2014
nattie5: Why is it that majority of Nigerians find it difficult to read? So easy to just read headline and start raining abuses on persons and institutions.

By the way, if you think N65 is too much price to pay for the convinience, keep your money in a potty under your bed. Shikena!

The bolded may also be applicable to you because, it is charges start at fourth withdrawal in any month not per day.
Re: We’ve Not Reintroduced ATM Charges —CBN by puskin: 2:07pm On Aug 15, 2014

(1) (2)

Improve Supermarket/pharmacy/Boutique Inventory, Sales & Profit / Nigeria’s Economy To Grow By 0.8% In 2017 -IMF / DOWNLOAD These Powerful Free Gifts NOW (FREE OF CHARGE)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.