Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,693 members, 7,802,030 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 08:10 AM

10 Year Old Nigerian ‘businessboy’ – A Touching Story Within - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / 10 Year Old Nigerian ‘businessboy’ – A Touching Story Within (830 Views)

Heartbreaking Story Of A Starving Two-year-old Nigerian Boy / A Real Life Touching Story / Do You Have A Touching Story To Share, Please Do It Here! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

10 Year Old Nigerian ‘businessboy’ – A Touching Story Within by Nobody: 12:03pm On Aug 15, 2014
You call it child abuse but we see this as a means of earning to sustain livelihood, an evidence of a hard-working Nigerian.
On a beautiful afternoon of August 14, a source reaching us reported that a young boy orphan who has been a very hard-working and a self reliant ‘businessboy’ in Meiran, the suburb of Abule Egba town, in Lagos State.

The 10 year old young boy whose name is Eri (Testimony in English) started by hawking snacks along the road in the heavy traffic of lagos as a means of maintaining an average living standard. At the age of 8, he was good at hawking and he received commission on every item sold at the close of hustle everyday.

After so many hustle and several savings he opted out of roadside hawking to setup his own fresh food store where he sells tomato, pepper, yam, and as many stuffs that will make a complete local African dish.

Presently, Eri has been able 2 rent a shop at a subsidized rate where he sells his fresh food stuffs and at the same accommodating him and his little sister. His supplies comes from the neighborhood market of Ile Epo Oke-Odo along iyana ipaja – abule egba road.

Eri is the first born in a family of 2. His younger sister, Tiwa, is 7 years old and she is being sponsored in school by Eri. Tiwa is a primary 2 pupil of Oke-odo primary school of Meiran community area. She is a seemingly determined and dedicated girl who is also of a very good assistance to her brother.

When asked what he would like to become in future he said “I am working hard towards becoming the first richest and the youngest entrepreneur in Nigeria, and the world at large so that I can be in the position of helping those young and hustling boys and girls in need”. Says Eri.

We hope and we believe the environment surrounding him will make his dream come true.
Support Eri by dropping some words of encouragement in the comment box below and share to make it go viral maybe he could find some help.

Source: http://www.etcnaija.com/10-year-old-nigerian-businessboy-a-touching-story-within/

Re: 10 Year Old Nigerian ‘businessboy’ – A Touching Story Within by ghananotnaija(m): 12:35pm On Aug 15, 2014
Wish I get sense like this boy when I was around that age.
Re: 10 Year Old Nigerian ‘businessboy’ – A Touching Story Within by mamaoge: 4:03pm On Aug 15, 2014
OMG! Does it mean he's not going to school shocked . Im impressed the fact that he's doing well in his business but doesnt he have a relation who can send him to school while he does the business on part time?
Re: 10 Year Old Nigerian ‘businessboy’ – A Touching Story Within by Nobody: 9:56pm On Aug 17, 2014
ghananotnaija: Wish I get sense like this boy when I was around that age.

Me too o
Re: 10 Year Old Nigerian ‘businessboy’ – A Touching Story Within by catloaded: 2:29am On Feb 27, 2021
This quite interest post. One of the best i have seen on nairaland
Re: 10 Year Old Nigerian ‘businessboy’ – A Touching Story Within by catloaded: 2:31am On Feb 27, 2021
This is really very touching. I wonder how a 10 years old boy could handle business.
Re: 10 Year Old Nigerian ‘businessboy’ – A Touching Story Within by catloaded: 2:31am On Feb 27, 2021
catloaded:
This is really very touching. I wonder how a 10 years old boy could handle business.

(1) (Reply)

Most Hilarious Treatment From Nigeria Police. / How To Upgrade Your Ios Manually / Experienced Darkness? Get A 3.5kva Rugged Inverter Installed Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.