Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,486 members, 7,808,782 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:51 PM

Siblings............. - Literature (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Siblings............. (39629 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Siblings............. by Opracus(f): 3:52pm On Sep 03, 2014
i knw wan talk since bcus am busy wit my husband story but sha dis adesuwa need cane .thanks one more tym aunty flakky
Re: Siblings............. by missuniverse(f): 6:06pm On Sep 03, 2014
are they really siblings
Re: Siblings............. by Onemansquad(m): 8:18pm On Sep 03, 2014
flakky na *ah go vex oo*
Re: Siblings............. by Mzmira(f): 8:00am On Sep 04, 2014
[quote author=missuniverse]are they really siblings me sef i wonda o
Re: Siblings............. by Oomphlady99: 1:10pm On Sep 04, 2014
[quote author=Mzmira][/quote]ma'am flakky pls cme nd update joor
Re: Siblings............. by PwettyNini(f): 1:36pm On Sep 04, 2014
Dis siblings love dey are sharing will answer shocked
.....Pls come n update more undecided
Re: Siblings............. by onosj(f): 12:31am On Sep 05, 2014
Dis there love 4 each order don pass brother & slster love oh @flakky more ink 2 ur pen.
Re: Siblings............. by Flakkydagirl: 9:08pm On Sep 05, 2014
tfabu......the very first person to cast A̶̲̥̅ vote for me D̶̲̥̅̊ɪ̣̝̇§˚° month..

Thank you.
Re: Siblings............. by PwettyNini(f): 10:00pm On Sep 05, 2014
No update for today embarassed
Re: Siblings............. by tfabu: 9:01pm On Sep 07, 2014
Flakkydagirl: tfabu......the very first person to cast A̶̲̥̅ vote for me D̶̲̥̅̊ɪ̣̝̇§˚° month..

Thank you.
Ure welcome,u actually deserve it
Re: Siblings............. by tmamuda(m): 3:40am On Sep 08, 2014
Hope all is well.
Re: Siblings............. by debybeautyworld(f): 7:47am On Sep 08, 2014
Flakkydagirl please come and update nah
Re: Siblings............. by dammygoody(m): 11:40am On Sep 08, 2014
debybeautyworld: Tiffany please come and update nah
I guess you meant Flakkydagirl ma'am...
Re: Siblings............. by Essyydiamond(f): 8:15pm On Sep 08, 2014
Phew! Already bored.
Re: Siblings............. by portable31(f): 9:07am On Sep 09, 2014
New follower. Just read My Husband and I love the way you weave the plots. Although, I have some constructive criticism I am not sure if this is the place to do that.

Well done.
Re: Siblings............. by Nobody: 10:29am On Sep 09, 2014
Like seriously, you rock girl!!!!

.....following.....
Re: Siblings............. by mariamferanmi(f): 10:45am On Sep 09, 2014
Following u madam flakky!! Can't wait pls update soon
Re: Siblings............. by halfcaste1: 11:24am On Sep 09, 2014
I'm here to state my grieviance. While I no it isn't easy being a writer, I hate what writers do sometimes. If you knew you were going to neglect this particular story to continue another, y did u start dis one in d first place? Y wet our apetitte? Y toy with our emotions? Wat if I don't want 2 read d oda one bt just dis one? Wre u losing followership in d oda thread and decided to use dis one to lure us there? I'm very unhapi bcs I com here everyday to check if you've updated. I refuse to go and check the oda story. Whenever you continue dis one, we'll b trying 2 remember what its about in d first place!

Your pissed fan!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Siblings............. by Ziziola: 8:39pm On Sep 09, 2014
[quote author=halfcaste1]I'm here to state my grieviance. While I no it isn't easy being a writer, I hate what writers do sometimes. If you knew you were going to neglect this particular story to continue another, y did u start dis one in d first place? Y wet our apetitte? Y toy with our emotions? Wat if I don't want 2 read d oda one bt just dis one? Wre u losing followership in d oda thread and decided to use dis one to lure us there? I'm very unhapi bcs I com here everyday to check if you've updated. That's too harsh. Remember we are all humans and she has life off NL.You would have just been more patient cos i guess that stor would soon come to an end.
Re: Siblings............. by Flakkydagirl: 9:33pm On Sep 09, 2014
debybeautyworld: Flakkydagirl please come and update nah
I will pls bear with me..
Ziziola: [/quote]Thnks for understanding..[quote author=halfcaste1]I'm here to state my grieviance. While I no it isn't easy being a writer, I hate what writers do sometimes. If you knew you were going to neglect this particular story to continue another, y did u start dis one in d first place? Y wet our apetitte? Y toy with our emotions? Wat if I don't want 2 read d oda one bt just dis one? Wre u losing followership in d oda thread and decided to use dis one to lure us there? I'm very unhapi bcs I com here everyday to check if you've updated. I refuse to go and check the oda story. Whenever you continue dis one, we'll b trying 2 remember what its about in d first place!
Your pissed fan!
Although i'm not as guilty as charged but i'll try to juggle things..your message was well delivered and i understand your point..
I didn't mean to keep you guys waiting..
mariamferanmi: Following u madam flakky!! Can't wait pls update soon
I'll update soon...
omoshelwa: Like seriously, you rock girl!!!!
.....following.....
welcome ma'⌣̶·̵̭̌·̵̭̌✽̤̈̊aм̤̣̲̣̥̈̇✽̤̈̊·̵̭̌·̵̶̭̌⌣...
omoshelwa: Like seriously, you rock girl!!!!
.....following.....
portable31: New follower. Just read My Husband and I love the way you weave the plots. Although, I have some constructive criticism I am not sure if this is the place to do that.
Well done.
Alright then..perhaps you can mail me.
Essyydiamond: Phew! Already bored.
Don't be...i'll update soon.
Re: Siblings............. by Fatalveli(m): 9:36am On Sep 10, 2014
Ma'am flakky, I find this story more interesting than "my husband" and I think u have devoted much of ur tym to it than this very story..... I urge u to make it 50-50, pls don't be partial! We are all counting on u to give us our daily bread 2dae* tanx

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Siblings............. by Nobody: 6:25pm On Sep 11, 2014
Hmmm...I can't remember when last I left a comment on this thread but abeg sis update for my sake cry cry
Re: Siblings............. by labaski(f): 2:19pm On Sep 14, 2014
flakky, where are u nah it is unfair ooo..pls come and update biko.
Re: Siblings............. by bibie01(f): 3:16pm On Sep 14, 2014
Flakky please come and update... I miss this story already.
Re: Siblings............. by debybeautyworld(f): 10:07pm On Sep 14, 2014
Flakky diaris God ooo, remember diaris God in anytin u r doing, all this time u r wasting in replying comments why not use it and update naah, u r starving us here and it is not fair at all, this starving u r starving us will answer ooo. flakky please I beg of u come and update
Re: Siblings............. by Flakkydagirl: 6:09am On Sep 15, 2014
Mariamferanmi
Ziziola
Debybeautyworld
Halfcaste
Labaski
Fatalveli
Bibie001
Vibra

Here comes the update....
I didn't mean to keep you all waiting..
I'll wait your comments...

Wishing everyone A̶̲̥̅ beautiful week ahead..
Happy Monday..
Re: Siblings............. by Flakkydagirl: 6:42am On Sep 15, 2014
Chapter 4.

Siblings...

Adesuwa dropped from the car, closing the door gently.she waved goodbye to her colleague from the office before crossing to the other side.

The interview she attended was just A̶̲̥̅ formalty,she was served A̶̲̥̅ letter of appointment and was left with no choice than to resume work,in other not to see the other side of her father.

Her first week at the office had been cool,after her induction she tried to adjust the system.She had been able to make two new friends who were her colleague at work.There was Bukola the marketing manager and Oluchi who worked at the sales department.

She and Bukola drove home together since her way was just along Adesuwa's bus stop.

Adesuwa waved to A̶̲̥̅ taxi,it stopped and she told the driver where she was going before opening the door to get in.

"How was your date with Hameenat?" Adesuwa asked her brother.

They had just finished A̶̲̥̅ dinner of spaghetti and chicken stew.Since she was tired,she retired to her room.she sat on her reading table trying to plan her schedule for the next day when Osagie came in.

He looked happy and it was obvious with the way he spoke and laughed freely.He sat on her bed,placing one of the two pillows on his legs.

Adesuwa's room was painted blue and her curtains were white with blue patches.On one side of the room was her wardrobe which sat beside her dressing table.A̶̲̥̅ rack filles with shoes was neatly arranged in A̶̲̥̅ corner.

On the other side was her reading table and stacks of literature books and novels Adjacent her four poster bed.Her room was well arranged and smelled nice too,⌣»̶·̵̭̌·̵̭̌✽̤̈̊Ŧђɑ̤̥̈̊п̥̥̲̣̣̣kƨ̣̣̣̇̇̇̇✽̤̈̊·̵̭̌·̵̭̌«̶ to the air freshners that hung on the corners of the room.

"It was good." Osagie replied,his eyes glued to his phone.

Adesuwa dragged her feet to catch his attention,"I want details." She grinned.

Osagie then launched into details of how the date went,what and what they discussed making sure to satisfy her curiousity with enough information.

"I see you guys had fun." She said watching his expression."Do you really like her?"

"Well...she's okay and smart too."

"I mean are you attracted to her?".

"I just like her,no deep feelings and no strings attached."He answered truthfully.He had been meaning to talk to her about something quite important.But he was afraid of what her response would be.

Women could be so unpredictable,one minute she's smiling and the next she's screaming out her head in anger.

He decided to let it wait,perhaps A̶̲̥̅ more suitable time.Because he was hoping for A̶̲̥̅ good answer from her.

He listen obediently as she filled him in on all that happened at work today and her schedule for tomorrow.

"Good afternoon ma" the young lady said standing up to greet her.

"How are you?" Adesuwa answered,before giving her brother A̶̲̥̅ long look that held so many unspoken words.

Efosa smiled and ignored the message his sister was passing,"Sister,D̶̲̥̅̊ɪ̣̝̇§°˚˚˚° is my friend,her name is Adesewa."

"Oh,the girl you mentioned to me the other day,nice meeting you dear." Adesuwa said,A̶̲̥̅ fake smile playing on her face.

"Why didn't you offer her something to eat?"She asked her brother.

"I did,but she said she was content with water." Efosa answered smiling.

"Perhaps she's shy,let me leave you two to continue your chat,i'm tired i want to rest inside." Adesuwa said,looking at Efosa while sizing up Adesewa from the corner of her eye.

The girl looked young,though pretty.she was young all the same and had D̶̲̥̅̊ɪ̣̝̇§˚° innocent look about her.Adesuwa excused herself before moving inside,she had just returned from work.she went to her room to change into something more comfy before taking A̶̲̥̅ shower.

All the while,wondering why his brother had brought home his friend,after all they had discussed.she prayed that the girl would be long gone before their parents arrived from their visitation.She was hungry and went to the kitchen to see if there was something to eat.

She found A̶̲̥̅ small quantity of rice and stew,lighting the gas she warmed the rice and served it in A̶̲̥̅ plate.She plugged her earpiece to her ears and set to eat.

She finished her food in the kitchen and began to prepare dinner,after putting the yam in the pot to boil she left for the sitting room.

She heaved A̶̲̥̅ sigh of relieve when she found out that their visitor was gone,Efosa wasn't in his room probably he saw his visitor off.

She switched on the tv and tuned it to her favorite station sitting on the couch,she received A̶̲̥̅ message from Osagie saying he would be home late,he was dropping Hameenat at home.

She wondered what reason he would give for doing this,perhaps her brother was attracted to her.But she knew he wouldn't lie to her.

"Hey sister." Efosa said walking into the sitting room,he landed on the floor.

Adesuwa raised her head up to stare at him,"Efosa!!! I ⌣̶·̵̭̌·̵̭̌✽̤̈̊aм̤̣̲̣̥̈̇✽̤̈̊·̵̭̌·̵̶̭̌⌣ disappointed in you." She began adjusting herself to face him.

"If what you're about to say is about Adesewa please don't say it." Efosa said,he brought his phone from his pocket.

Adesuwa wondered where he found D̶̲̥̅̊ɪ̣̝̇§˚° new brazen attitude,"Why shouldn't i say anything,is she A̶̲̥̅ demigod or what..look my dear you had better be careful least you fall into temptation and disrupt your future."

Efosa was quiet,his attention solely on the object in his hand.

"Just let D̶̲̥̅̊ɪ̣̝̇§˚° be the last time you'll bring her to D̶̲̥̅̊ɪ̣̝̇§° house." Adesuwa said getting angry with Efosa's silence treatment.

She hissed and walked out of the sitting room.she returned to the kitchen to attend to her cooking.She heard footstep,it couldn't be Osagie she thought.

"You have A̶̲̥̅ visitor waiting outside." Efosa said before walking out of the kitchen.

"Who is there?" She asked but Efosa had disappeared.She went to the sitting room,there was no one there,opening the door that led outside stood her visitor the courier man with his nameless parcel.

She signed his book,and shut the door,stumping off to her room to drop the parcel

"I don't think informing papa is A̶̲̥̅ good option." Osagie sighed rubbing his face with his right hand.He and Adesuwa had been thinking of how best to approach their brother without raising much dust.

"What can we do?he's very much into her and i just don't want him to get hurt.". Adesuwa answered tucking the bed cover into its space.

Adesuwa noticed that Osagie was no longer listening to her,she watched from the corner of her eyes as he smiled after scrolling on his phone."What's funny?" She asked quietly.

"Nothing."

"So why do you have that smile on your face?"

"Nothing."

"Is there something i should know?" She asked fixing him A̶̲̥̅ stare.

"Nothing." He shrugged,"Did you notice anything?"

"Nothing." Adesuwa answered as they burst into laughter.

Osagie saw that his sister looked relax,perhaps now was the time to tell what he felt.He watched as A̶̲̥̅ fat line of smile strolled across her face quickly.she was lovely to look at.

"When you're done staring,please inform me."She laughed coming to seat by him on the bed.she was just too fond of her brother,and wondered what she would do without him in her life.

"I was only admiring my baby sister." Adesuwa smacked him playfully on his side.

"I have told you not to add that baby prefix to my name."

"I like it when you laugh... ..." Osagie was interupted by the beep of his phone,"Its Hameenat." He whispered as he picked the phone ushering her to keep quiet.

Adesuwa brought out her phone and scrolled through pretending not to be listening to their conversation,she was picturing the so called Hameenat laughing excitedly from the other side of the line.

She had to keep up the pretence for another three minute,she would make sure not to ask what they were discussing to see if Osagie would share it with her.

"She's so funny with words." Osagie dropped his phone looking at his sister.

"Really?"

"Yeah,there's something about her that i ⌣̶·̵̭̌·̵̭̌✽̤̈̊aм̤̣̲̣̥̈̇✽̤̈̊·̵̭̌·̵̶̭̌⌣ yet to figure." He said A̶̲̥̅ stroke of light streaming in his eyes.

"Perhaps you're beginning to like her,i mean attraction kind of." Adesuwa said non challantly.

Osagie paused for A̶̲̥̅ minute,"I can't put it as attraction yet,let's just say i enjoy being in her company even if it's hard to admit."

"You enjoy her company more than mine." It was more of A̶̲̥̅ statement than A̶̲̥̅ question.

Osagie held her hands,"Ofcourse not,you're A̶̲̥̅ rare gem and i'm so lucky to have you."

Adesuwa flung her arms excitedly around his neck."That's why you're the best brother in the world."She smiled genuinely,A̶̲̥̅ satisfied smile spreading across her face.

Osagie drove away from DUST where he had gone to have his car washed,he glanced at his wristwatch and it was just some minutes past three.

He had A̶̲̥̅ date with Hameenat at four o'clock,he prayed that there wouldn't be traffic.She had called him twice already to ask if he was on his way already.He waved his hands towards A̶̲̥̅ young boy hawking bread.

"I get fresh bread oga,100 dey,150 and 200 own dey and e sweet o." The boy said as Osagie wound down his side mirror.

"I'm not buying,please where's the way to WeChops?" Osagie asked the tattered looking bo,whose eyes mirrored disappointment the minute he said he wasn't buying bread.

"If you don reach that bus stop just turn to your right,you go don see the fine sign board wey dem put there,the place no far again." The boy answered.

Osagie nodded his head in agreement,he brought out A̶̲̥̅ hundred naira note and handed it to the boy.who muttered A̶̲̥̅ quick thank you,his face was full of smiles.The boy moved away quickly. Perhaps for fear that Osagie might collect his money.

Osagie located the eartery in no time,he got down from his car and walked in,it was easy to locate her where she sat.
"Good afternoon Boss." She smiled exposing A̶̲̥̅ set of beautiful white teeth.

"Good afternoon."He answered taking the seat right in front of her.he couldn't help to notice her beautiful body moulded into the white fitted blouse she wore.

"What would you like to have?" She asked,D̶̲̥̅̊ɪ̣̝̇s˚˚˚° was one of the things he liked about,she liked being in charge.

They ordered for drinks,Osagie did most of the listening while Hameenat dazzled him with her beauty and intelligence.

"grin̶̲̥̅̊ɪ̣̝̇s˚˚˚° situation is funny isn't it,i'm asking you out and you're doing the thinking.Is it that you enjoy being the toasted or you're only taking your time."Hameenat asked dropping the glass of juice on the table.

Osagie took his time to think before giving her an answer,"As A̶̲̥̅ matter of i like you....as A̶̲̥̅ friend." He noticed A̶̲̥̅ frown crease on her face,although it was quick to disappear.

"Its hard to do D̶̲̥̅̊ɪ̣̝̇s˚˚˚°,but i'm doing it because i love you,i really want to be with you." The tone with which she spoke wwas genuine and blunt.

"I'll let you know what i think about it very soon."They finished their drink and left.

Osagie created the atmosphere he had been looking for all week,D̶̲̥̅̊ɪ̣̝̇s˚˚˚° particular sunday.After church service he knew their parent would stay long for meeting.

He took Adesuwa out for A̶̲̥̅ treat,"Why do you like D̶̲̥̅̊ɪ̣̝̇s˚˚˚° particular place?" He asked,she was fond of coming here each time he decides to give her treat.

"I like it here,D̶̲̥̅̊ɪ̣̝̇s˚˚˚° place is comfortable and their staff are nice too." Adesuwa laughed scooping A̶̲̥̅ spoon of vanila ice cream into her mouth.

Osagie enjoys being in her company,he had witnessed her steady growth from childhood into A̶̲̥̅ teenager and then A̶̲̥̅ beautiful young lady.
"Why did you ask anyway?"

"Because you're fond of coming here everytime."He said handling his wristwatch.Letting his gaze wonder around the beautifully spaced eatery,there were only A̶̲̥̅ few people in.

He noticed A̶̲̥̅ couple sitting not too far from them,drinking and chatting.He wondered what the man was telling the lady before him that made her smile.

Another old couple sat at the far end,reading something together in A̶̲̥̅ book.some others were sitted around too.

He watched A̶̲̥̅ young man of about his own age sit alone,he was scrolling his phone while he ate,the man constantly stole A̶̲̥̅ glance at Adesuwa each time he raised his head.

Osagie excused himself to use the gents,he had only be gone for five minutes,he was returning when he saw the man who was eating alone take his seat,which means he had gotten up too.

He sat down and sipped his drink,"Adesuwa there's something i want to talk you about." He wondered how best to brush D̶̲̥̅̊ɪ̣̝̇s˚˚˚° topic without upsetting her.

"Osagie please don't say anything,i'm not just in the mood for it." Adesuwa said picking her purse.

Osagie noticed that she was upset,"What happened to you?"

"That idiot over there came to talk to me,you can imagine D̶̲̥̅̊ɪ̣̝̇s˚˚˚° fool asking for my mobile number." Adesuwa said her voice A̶̲̥̅ pitch high while pointing to the man who sat alone,the one osagie had been watching.

"Keep your voice down." He chided her."What else did he say to you?"

"Nothing,he only asked for my number."

Osagie dropped his head for A̶̲̥̅ minute in thought,"Is that why you want to scream down D̶̲̥̅̊ɪ̣̝̇s˚˚˚° place,just because he asked for your digits,is there anything wrong in that."

"But...he....but.."

"But what?" Osagie asked.

"Get up we're leaving" Osagie picked his car key from the table and walked out.

1 Like

Re: Siblings............. by Opracus(f): 9:52am On Sep 15, 2014
aunty mi welldone 1st 2 comment on dis new update adesuwa u need cane seriously mayb u want 2 b a sister 4 life,even sisters gan do give out der numba
Re: Siblings............. by debybeautyworld(f): 10:54am On Sep 15, 2014
Flakky well done ooo, tnx very plenty. But in Oliver Twist voice "I want some more". and make it very looooooooooooonnnnnnnnggggggg
Re: Siblings............. by SexySapphire(f): 11:28am On Sep 15, 2014
What is wrong wit dis Adesuwa of a girl for cryin out loud? Why is she being a kill-joy? I think it's high time Osagie stop caring about her at the detriment of his own happiness. She wan marry her brother or what? Very annoying.

Well done Flakky sweerie and tnx for giving us an update. Hope to see u soon at the other end.
Re: Siblings............. by PrinceAdepoju(m): 12:15pm On Sep 15, 2014
SexySapphire: What is wrong wit dis Adesuwa of a girl for cryin out loud? Why is she being a kill-joy? I think it's high time Osagie stop caring about her at the detriment of his own happiness. She wan marry her brother or what? Very annoying.
..you are pissed alreadywink
Re: Siblings............. by SexySapphire(f): 12:32pm On Sep 15, 2014
PrinceAdepoju: ..you are pissed alreadywink

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Palingenesis / Professor Ama Ata Aidoo Dies At 83 / Wole Soyinka: I Will Not Destroy My US Residential Permit Just Yet.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.