Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,294 members, 7,807,999 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:09 AM

Is It Ok? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Is It Ok? (1956 Views)

Is It Ok For Ex To Be Wife Makeup Artist For Wedding / Is It Ok To Date A Married Man? / 15k Housekeeping Allowance For A Month.is It Ok (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It Ok? by stan4b(m): 6:22pm On Aug 15, 2014
Hello friends, pls I want to know ur take on this matter. My elder brother's gf has been bringing food to our house of resent. Today my mum told her it is not too ok for her to b bringing food to us. But,my brother tinks its wrong for my mum to av told her that,he said what if he were d one dat took food to her house,my mum told him dat one different. So,wot do u guys tink. Is my Mum right or wrong?
Re: Is It Ok? by Godmystrength: 6:25pm On Aug 15, 2014
Do you mean she brings food to you guys because you guys don't have food or she is just bringing because of ''love''?
cooked food food stuffs
Re: Is It Ok? by stan4b(m): 6:31pm On Aug 15, 2014
Godmystrength: Do you mean she brings food to you guys because you guys don't have food or she is just bringing because of ''love''?
cooked food food stuffs
. She's bringing out of love. Its cooked food,like two plates of jollof rice.
Re: Is It Ok? by Godmystrength: 6:37pm On Aug 15, 2014
stan4b: . She's bringing out of love. Its cooked food,like two plates of jollof rice.
cheesy cheesy cheesy
So how do you share the food?

1 Like

Re: Is It Ok? by purplesummer(f): 6:39pm On Aug 15, 2014
I see it as an insult to your family. She shouldn't bring food to your house when your mother is there. It could suggest that she feels you people don't have food to eat (although she might actually have honest intentions).

It would have been a different case if your brother stays alone in his own house and she decides to bring him food.

3 Likes

Re: Is It Ok? by Nobody: 6:45pm On Aug 15, 2014
your elder bro is living under mummy's roof and still brings his gf to the same house. This world is really upside down.

3 Likes

Re: Is It Ok? by stan4b(m): 6:47pm On Aug 15, 2014
purplesummer: I see it as an insult to your family. She shouldn't bring food to your house when your mother is there. It could suggest that she feels you people don't have food to eat (although she might actually have honest intentions).

It would have been a different case if your brother stays alone in his own house and she decides to bring him food.
. Tanx. But,d truth is d both of dem has been dating for more Dan four yeare,though she brings fruits most times wen she's coming back from market.
Re: Is It Ok? by stan4b(m): 6:49pm On Aug 15, 2014
lofty900: your elder bro is living under mummy's roof and still brings his gf to the same house. This world is really upside down.
. Yea,its somehoe,but we r hoping for d best. He's a gradyate,he ll soon get a job den start staying alone.

1 Like

Re: Is It Ok? by Nobody: 6:53pm On Aug 15, 2014
purplesummer: I see it as an insult to your family. She shouldn't bring food to your house when your mother is there. It could suggest that she feels you people don't have food to eat.

Now this got me all cracked up because I don't see this as an insult in anyway. Don't you think She might be doing this as a bid to win over the household - good wifey material esp the Mum? undecided

With all the comments here, Am I the only one reasoning this way?

Tag. Mizmycoli - say something.

3 Likes

Re: Is It Ok? by Godmystrength: 6:58pm On Aug 15, 2014
If your mummy doesn't want her to bring any food, let your brother tell her to stop bringing food.
Maybe you guys can go to her house to eat the food there if you want. smiley
Re: Is It Ok? by ifyalways(f): 7:03pm On Aug 15, 2014
stan4b: . She's bringing out of love. Its cooked food,like two plates of jollof rice.
Lmao cheesy

How do you "measure " it ?

I think it's an act of love, unfortunately, it's not appreciated. @OP, you and your folks should offer her a well prepared meal, drinks to go when next she visits. This will make her understand that y'all can afford to feed yourselves, on the assumption that she's doing it cos she feels you guys don't have enough to eat.

On the other hand, two plates of rice? Maybe it's just for her and her bf, your brother
Re: Is It Ok? by remsonik(f): 7:14pm On Aug 15, 2014
Its an insult on your family since your mom is around. She should stop it asap!!
Re: Is It Ok? by beeevan: 7:15pm On Aug 15, 2014
Some girls don't have common sense, i ll be upset too if I were your mum and will tell her that, if you bro has a problem with that, let him move out.

Some will visit their MIL and still prepare something else for their husband while MIL is serving something else, the woman has been feeding him long before you came into the picture. All these girls wey sabi pretend, mtcheeewww.

3 Likes

Re: Is It Ok? by Nobody: 7:19pm On Aug 15, 2014
stan4b: . Yea,its somehoe,but we r hoping for d best. He's a gradyate,he ll soon get a job den start staying alone.
ok. maybe ur bro has promised her marriage that's why she's doing all that. girls are always on their best behaviour when trying to get a husband, after that.....
Re: Is It Ok? by SAMBARRY: 7:24pm On Aug 15, 2014
Rada rada.joblessness dey worry the girl undecided
Re: Is It Ok? by MizMyColi(f): 7:57pm On Aug 15, 2014
Ceasar1:

Now this got me all cracked up because I don't see this as an insult in anyway. Don't you think She might be doing this as a bid to win over the household - good wifey material esp the Mum? undecided

With all the comments here, Am I the only one reasoning this way?

Tag. Mizmycoli - say something.
The Girl's one good natured soul, its almost like I can see right through her. Some Girls are so nice, so nice that they don't know how to be any less.

Y'know, I know a certain young girl - The first guy she ever loved, they lived in the same hostel then [I don't advise younger folks to date at such close proximity though]

On our way back from lectures @TheTime, She'd be racking her brain on what to cook for Daniel, and HIS FRIENDS of course. Personal Cook tins grin

She didn't care what anyone thought, still doesn't, though she learnt some lessons [Me I won't advise any young lady to tow that path - its for their own good]

Let me be clear here, I see no big deal in that act. Some Ladies can Love Sha!

That said, errmm........Mom might be somewhat jealous y'know, of course its normal smiley
However, wisdom is profitable to direct. If her mother-in-law to be (hopefully) isn't cool with it, then she has to pipe low. Her boyfriend needs to understand that He's still under her authority and as such dance to her tune or go get a room. #HardTruth

4 Likes

Re: Is It Ok? by Dayjhihannon01(m): 8:05pm On Aug 15, 2014
purplesummer: I see it as an insult to your family. She shouldn't bring food to your house when your mother is there. It could suggest that she feels you people don't have food to eat (although she might actually have honest intentions).

Seconded
MizMyColi:
The Girl's one good natured soul, its almost like I can see right through her. Some Girls are so nice, so nice that they don't know how to be any less.
Y'know, I know a certain young girl - The first guy she ever loved, they lived in the same hostel then [I don't advise younger folks to date at such close proximity though]
On our way back from lectures @TheTime, She'd be racking her brain on what to cook for Daniel, and HIS FRIENDS of course. Personal Cook tins grin
She didn't care what anyone thought, still doesn't, though she learnt some lessons [Me I won't advise any young lady to tow that path - its for their own good]
That said, errmm........Mom might be somewhat jealous y'know, of course its normal smiley
However, wisdom is profitable to direct. If her mother-in-law to be (hopefully) isn't cool with it, then she has to pipe low. Her boyfriend needs to understand that He's still under her authority and as such dance to her tune or go get a room. #HardTruth

Seconded
Re: Is It Ok? by Nobody: 8:13pm On Aug 15, 2014
Some girls dey try o lol , she probably just see it as nothing and I guess she's used to it , maybe she's a good cook and your mum is jealous that she'll come and take her place even in her own home , she should just restrain it to when he comes to visit her .
Re: Is It Ok? by pickabeau1: 9:15pm On Aug 15, 2014
So how did the relationship pan out

MizMyColi:

Re: Is It Ok? by MizMyColi(f): 9:57pm On Aug 15, 2014
pickabeau1: So how did the relationship pan out

The Guy took her for granted ehn, choi!

Me jus dey one corner dey feel for my friend and at the same time loathing the guy.

She met this other guy that became her miracle. After two weeks of radio silence, the guy came to look for her in our new hostel, cos we parked out of the former one.

Hian! O beibi has moved on shocked

This happened about 7-8 years ago, till today, that guy still dey beg my friend.....
He lives abroad now and still contacts her.
Though not as intense as it used to be, but he's so convinced there's none like her angry
(Na lie joor - and No! cheesy Ayam not jealous grin)

Why do we always have to loose someone before realising their value and how we can't live without them?

undecided Me, I don't make such mistakes. I'll only let go of a person if I feel like they're Smothering me so much, even at that, I'll still go looking for the person after a little while, except I never valued such person(s) to begin with.
Re: Is It Ok? by SAMBARRY: 10:00pm On Aug 15, 2014
This your gbagaun can kill SAMBARRY grin grin grin

anyway to the issue. Are you the girlfriend in question that brings jollof rice to his house? shocked grin

if yes why are you wasting your talent and money. Why you no kuku open restaurant? grin
lexajen: I'm not a poster on Nairaland.com but I observe posts and threads a lot.

Why is it that in this world, people are so insensitive and reckles with their word?

Do you know if the Op is the one with the issue, do you know weda his gf is reading all this post.

Maybe why am reacting like this is because of a post I was just informed of.

Is because of me, chai see insult flying everywhere. No one knows my part of the story. I cannot say anything on the post because it will be like washing of linen in public.

Please people should be kinder and more objective with their words.

Thankyou.
Re: Is It Ok? by pickabeau1: 10:03pm On Aug 15, 2014
Thats life

You dont know what uve got till its gone

I hope she is in better place now

He may be lucky... he may get someone better or at least equal to his ex

MizMyColi:

The Guy took her for granted ehn, choi!

Me jus dey one corner dey feel for my friend and at the same time loathing the guy.

She met this other guy that became her miracle. After two weeks of radio silence, the guy came to look for her in our new hostel, cos we parked out of the former one.

Hian! O beibi has moved on shocked

This happened about 7-8 years ago, till today, that guy still dey beg my friend.....
He lives abroad now and still contacts her.
Though not as intense as it used to be, but he's so convinced there's none like her angry
(Na lie joor - and No! cheesy Ayam not jealous grin)

Why do we always have to loose someone before realising their value and how we can't live without them?

undecided Me, I don't make such mistakes. I'll only let go of a person if I feel like they're Smothering me so much, even at that, I'll still go looking for the person after a little while, except I never valued such person(s) to begin with.

1 Like

Re: Is It Ok? by SAMBARRY: 10:04pm On Aug 15, 2014
pickabeau1: So how did the relationship pan out

wetin consain you. No be you talk say you wan go watch film? What are you still doing on nl? grin
Re: Is It Ok? by pickabeau1: 10:05pm On Aug 15, 2014
Na u dey call me na...

tongue tongue tongue

I dey go now ...
SAMBARRY: wetin consain you. No be you talk say you wan go watch film? What are you still doing on nl? grin
Re: Is It Ok? by Nobody: 10:08pm On Aug 15, 2014
It's okay if the mother doesn't appreciate the cooking. I just think she should have told her son, instead of his girlfriend.

It really wasn't her place undecided.....................I don't care if it's her house either!
Re: Is It Ok? by SAMBARRY: 10:10pm On Aug 15, 2014
pickabeau1: Na u dey call me na...

tongue tongue tongue

I dey go now ...
abi na gbeborun you wan do.you too like jissssttt.sheeeessshhh grin

as my friend 'kan...' will say grin
Re: Is It Ok? by pickabeau1: 11:36pm On Aug 15, 2014
na u know .... tongue tongue tongue
SAMBARRY: abi na gbeborun you wan do.you too like jissssttt.sheeeessshhh grin

as my friend 'kan...' will say grin
Re: Is It Ok? by stan4b(m): 11:45pm On Aug 15, 2014
SAMBARRY: Rada rada.joblessness dey worry the girl undecided
. She's not jobless bro,she's in final year in unilag.
Re: Is It Ok? by stan4b(m): 11:50pm On Aug 15, 2014
Pls guys,u all should understand dat my mum loves her nd treats her like her daughter. She's very close to my mum.
Re: Is It Ok? by stan4b(m): 12:21am On Aug 16, 2014
BananaBender: It's okay if the mother doesn't appreciate the cooking. I just think she should have told her son, instead of his girlfriend.

It really wasn't her place undecided.....................I don't care if it's her house either!
She wasn't too serious wen she told her,she just told her jokinly,nd she also told her hw much she appreciates her gesture.
Re: Is It Ok? by SAMBARRY: 6:34am On Aug 16, 2014
stan4b: . She's not jobless bro,she's in final year in unilag.
so if she finds cooking as an hobby she can't open a restaurant in her school even if it is a small one and make money from it at least that's more dignifying than carry food to a guys house WHERE HIS PARENTS ARE.

by the way did he ask her to do that. Haba na.at least some girls need to be packaging themselves small

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

So Happy ....am With My Mom. / The Birth Song Of The Himba, Namibia. / Never Trust A Woman Who Has No Stretch Marks.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.