Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,306 members, 7,808,038 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:14 AM

APC Reacts To Ogar On Osun Election - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / APC Reacts To Ogar On Osun Election (1960 Views)

Missing Budget: APC Reacts To Call For Buhari's Impeachment / APC Reacts To Election Shift, Says It's “Highly Provocative” / Omisore - I Lost Osun Election To Partisan Acts Of Ex-REC Commissioner (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

APC Reacts To Ogar On Osun Election by Descartes: 6:55am On Aug 16, 2014
The All Progressives Congress, APC, has reacted to the statement made by the spokesperson of the Department of State Security – DSS, on the conduct of Osun governorship election.

The party, in a press release on Thursday by its Publicity Secretary, Lai Mohammed said Ms Ogar’s statements were unprofessional and irresponsible and represents the opinion of the PDP.

Mohammed wondered why the DSS Spokesperson would describe his movement on the night he was arrested in Osogbo as “loitering’‘ when as a citizen of Nigeria, he has the freedom to move around.

The party went further to ask why the DSS did not arrest some other key PDP chieftains who were in Osun and are not indigenes of the state.

It described as tissue of lies the allegation by Ms. Ogar that the party tried to bribe the DSS with 14 million Naira before the Osun election, wondering why the DSS did not arrest the official who offered the alleged bribe.

“Apparently, Ms. Ogar has never head of a ‘sting operation’ that is widely used by security agencies to catch a person who is committing a crime. The allegation by Ms. Ogar would have been sweet in her mouth had the DSS mounted a sting operation to catch whoever was offering the alleged bribe, and then prosecute him or her,” the party said, calling the allegation cheap blackmail by a conspiratorial organization. shocked shocked shocked

Commenting on the deployment of security for election, Mohammed said that “ election is not war, but a celebration of democracy, hence DSS agents should drop their hoods and hide away their menacing guns when next they are posted to police an election anywhere in the country”.

”Was it not publicly announced that the APC was moving its headquarters to Osun to give support for Gov. Rauf Aregbesola? Why didn’t Ms. Ogar question the presence of President Goodluck Jonathan or Vice President Namadi Sambo in Osun when they came too, if she was being fair? It is sad that Ms. Ogar has turned herself to the spokesperson of the PDP by echoing what that party has said on the Osun election. This is unprofessional and irresponsible,” the apc said.

APC said by spearheading the mass arrest of its leaders and members in Osun before and during the August 9th governorship election in the state, and by preventing the rally planned by the NLC in support of Gov. Aregbesola from holding, the DSS has decided to pitch its tent with the PDP instead of staying neutral.

The party said the questions to ask Ms. Ogar are: ”How many PDP leaders were arrested in Osun? If the rally by the NLC had been planned in support of the PDP candidate, Senator Iyiola Omisore, would the DSS have aborted it? Why must the DSS send hooded gunmen to police an election that is a civic matter? Does Ms.Ogar bother to read and understand the Nigerian constitution to know the rights of the citizens?”

APC said it is important to educate the likes of Ogar, and indeed the entire DSS, that election is not war, but a celebration of democracy, hence DSS agents should drop their hoods and hide away their menacing guns when next they are posted to police an election anywhere in the country.
http://www.channelstv.com/2014/08/14/apc-reacts-ogar-osun-election/

3 Likes

Re: APC Reacts To Ogar On Osun Election by meforyou1(m): 6:59am On Aug 16, 2014
Liar Mohammed writing what tinubu asked him to write
Re: APC Reacts To Ogar On Osun Election by 2cato: 7:07am On Aug 16, 2014
This lier mohamed is a foo.l what will a normal human being doing at 2.30 am patroling from street to street if he is not a thief and why did aregbe invited the DSS when they know that they will later insult them.
Re: APC Reacts To Ogar On Osun Election by eunisam: 7:18am On Aug 16, 2014
election is not war, but a celebration of democracy
Re: APC Reacts To Ogar On Osun Election by omenka(m): 7:26am On Aug 16, 2014
That woman knows no better than a pepper seller in a village market when it comes to the job of law enforcement.

I wish the party didn't even dignify her inane remarks with a response.

15 Likes

Re: APC Reacts To Ogar On Osun Election by Jaideyone(m): 7:35am On Aug 16, 2014
2cato: This lier mohamed is a foo.l what will a normal human being doing at 2.30 am patroling from street to street if he is not a thief and why did aregbe invited the DSS when they know that they will later insult them.
cu*ntwas anything incriminating found on him? where did u get your own 2:30am from? stop exhibiting your ignorance. aregbe didn't invite the DSS.

8 Likes

Re: APC Reacts To Ogar On Osun Election by Descartes: 7:37am On Aug 16, 2014
omenka: That woman knows no better than a pepper seller in a village market when it comes to the job of law enforcement.

You go kill person for Nairaland. grin cheesy cheesy
Re: APC Reacts To Ogar On Osun Election by Nobody: 7:39am On Aug 16, 2014
eunisam: election is not war, but a celebration of democracy
Is the "rig and roast" declaration made by the leader of APC, Tinubu, also a "celebration of democracy"?

2 Likes

Re: APC Reacts To Ogar On Osun Election by Nobody: 7:42am On Aug 16, 2014
Jaideyone: cu*ntwas anything incriminating found on him? where did u get your own 2:30am from? stop exhibiting your ignorance. aregbe didn't invite the DSS.
The day in question was not an ordinary day. It was on election day or eve of election day. Consequently, security was on high alert to neutralize ANY potential threat.

1 Like

Re: APC Reacts To Ogar On Osun Election by Nobody: 7:44am On Aug 16, 2014
NAME: chimax
DATE OF BIRTH: 15th sept.199..
HOBBIES:
-Catching lizards, snakes and taking
hyenas for
walk;
-Catching bullets with bare hands.
MY RECORD:
-Killed superman;
-Skinned a crocodile alive;
-Held my breath under water for 2months.
GREATEST ACHIEVEMENT:
-The very first man to walk on the sun;
-Fluent in 10,565 languages.
SILLY THINGS DONE:
-Drank the red sea dry;
-Sky diving from outer space.
EMBARRASSING MOMENT:
-Couldn't kill 1,000 lions with a single
punch, only killed 999
instantly, then tamed the last one.
SOMETHING ABOUT ME:
I really dont like to brag
PS - That's for those always asking via
Pm 'can I know you
more'... now you know...
Re: APC Reacts To Ogar On Osun Election by Descartes: 7:47am On Aug 16, 2014
Politics in Naija
Re: APC Reacts To Ogar On Osun Election by Jaideyone(m): 7:55am On Aug 16, 2014
Sincere9gerian:
The day in question was not an ordinary day. It was on election day or eve of election day. Consequently, security was on high alert to neutralize ANY potential threat.
security was on high alert but movement was not restricted. why was he arrested like a criminal when nothing incriminating was found on him? how about fayemi's campaign manager that was arrested in his house in Ekiti? you PDP apologists will always defend evil. it's what you are paid for

12 Likes

Re: APC Reacts To Ogar On Osun Election by omenka(m): 8:05am On Aug 16, 2014
Descartes:
You go kill person for Nairaland. grin cheesy cheesy
It is acutely depressing seeing how these people keep messing up this country.

Most of them haven't the faintest idea what their job descriptions are. So depressing.

5 Likes

Re: APC Reacts To Ogar On Osun Election by arewarepublic: 8:23am On Aug 16, 2014
omenka: It is acutely depressing seeing how these people keep messing up this country.

Most of them haven't the faintest idea what their job descriptions are. So depressing.

It is even more depressing to see that some people who may have gone through the four walls of a classroom come online to defend this classic show of shame.

meforyou1: Liar Mohammed writing what tinubu asked him to write
2cato: This lier mohamed is a foo.l what will a normal human being doing at 2.30 am patroling from street to street if he is not a thief and why did aregbe invited the DSS when they know that they will later insult them.

9 Likes

Re: APC Reacts To Ogar On Osun Election by arewarepublic: 8:24am On Aug 16, 2014
Descartes: Politics in Naija

Aboki, kwana biyu. You go annual leave ni?

1 Like

Re: APC Reacts To Ogar On Osun Election by Descartes: 8:27am On Aug 16, 2014
arewarepublic:

It is even more depressing to see that some people who may have gone through the four walls of a classroom come online to defend this classic show of shame.

And it is very much depressing seeing you defending your party online as a Nigerian youth . tongue

1 Like

Re: APC Reacts To Ogar On Osun Election by Descartes: 8:33am On Aug 16, 2014
arewarepublic:

Aboki, kwana biyu. You go annual leave ni?
Am busy with my research work on "Population Dynamics" as an aspect of Demographic Analysis using Nairaland as a case study.
Also have been on many other project on RDBMS for my Organisation.
Am gonna publish the research soon.
From my observation, NAIRALAND is one of the fastest growing online community with a growth rate of 0.048% per day cool
Yaya amariya
Re: APC Reacts To Ogar On Osun Election by arewarepublic: 8:40am On Aug 16, 2014
Descartes:
And it is very much depressing seeing you defending your party online as a Nigerian youth . tongue

It is most depressing when a youth like you thinks speaking against the corruption, terrorism and impunity of the ruling party is depressing. tongue cry

2 Likes

Re: APC Reacts To Ogar On Osun Election by Descartes: 8:42am On Aug 16, 2014
arewarepublic:

It is most depressing a youth like you thinks speaking against the corruption, terrorism and impunity of the ruling party is depressing. tongue cry
Do you agree with my claim on growth rate of Nairaland
Re: APC Reacts To Ogar On Osun Election by egift(m): 8:49am On Aug 16, 2014
Zoologist Jonathan coordinating Corruption and illegality since October 1st Abuja Bombing 2010 grin

4 Likes

Re: APC Reacts To Ogar On Osun Election by Descartes: 8:54am On Aug 16, 2014
egift: Zoologist Jonathan coordinating Corruption and illegality since October 1st Abuja Bombing 2010 grin
Since man is a higher animal, is it not good to be taken care of by a Zoologist you inclusive tongue

1 Like

Re: APC Reacts To Ogar On Osun Election by egift(m): 9:02am On Aug 16, 2014
Descartes:
Since man is a higher anaimal, is it not goood to be taken care of by a Zoologist you inclusive tongue

He is using Animal Instincts on us and this is very depressing for Nigerians.

4 Likes

Re: APC Reacts To Ogar On Osun Election by arewarepublic: 9:04am On Aug 16, 2014
Descartes:
Am busy with my research work on "Population Dynamics" as an aspect of Demographic Analysis using Nairaland as a case study.
Also have been on many other project on RDBMS for my Organisation.
Am gonna publish the research soon.
From my observation, NAIRALAND is one of the fastest growing online community with a growth rate of 0.048% per day cool
Yaya amariya

Good to see you use good part of your time for other things more important than Nairaland.grin

How did you arrive at 0.048%?

I have never observed the membership growth rate, but from the period it reached up to a million members to now, there is an average of about 500 registered members/ day which makes your figure moderate.

But hope you ll take into consideration the at which members open multiple accounts.

Babu amarya sai 'yan mata...cool

2 Likes

Re: APC Reacts To Ogar On Osun Election by RockMaxi: 9:06am On Aug 16, 2014

You are my guy no lele, you know say babies must sleep before midnight. Mind you the man's party is on the hot seat and you expect him to sleep quietly at home.
Re: APC Reacts To Ogar On Osun Election by arewarepublic: 9:08am On Aug 16, 2014
Descartes:
Do you agree with my claim on growth rate of Nairaland

Mind telling me how you arrived at the figure?

1 Like

Re: APC Reacts To Ogar On Osun Election by Descartes: 9:20am On Aug 16, 2014
arewarepublic:

Good to see you use good part of your time for other things more important than Nairaland.grin

How did you arrive at 0.048%?

I have never observed the membership growth rate, but from the period it reached up to a million members to now, there is an average of about 500 registered members/ day which makes your figure moderate.

But hope you ll take into consideration the at which members open multiple accounts.

Babu amarya sai 'yan mata...cool

Yea, that was taken into account, monitored it for 7days; from 12:40pm on 7th— 14th August @12:40pm.
And about 40% of this population have atleast three monickers lipsrsealed lipsrsealed tongue
Re: APC Reacts To Ogar On Osun Election by Gbawe: 9:33am On Aug 16, 2014
Sincere9gerian:

You are a fool and a dishonest individual. Abuse of power "Security" that only targeted APC members and allowed the likes of Andy Ubah, Adesiyan, Obanikoro et al total 'freedom of the city'? What I find absurd is that it is a morally bankrupt chap like you who is effectively the arrowhead of team GEJ on Nairaland. Then again it makes sense that a totally failed leader will only be supported by unprincipled hacks like you.

5 Likes

Re: APC Reacts To Ogar On Osun Election by suwailad(f): 9:37am On Aug 16, 2014
Marylin Ogargarrrr working for aso rock police since she started warming GEJ's bed since 1870!

2 Likes

Re: APC Reacts To Ogar On Osun Election by suwailad(f): 9:37am On Aug 16, 2014
omenka: That woman knows no better than a pepper seller in a village market when it comes to the job of law enforcement.

abeg collect one like jor use take buy beer wink

1 Like

Re: APC Reacts To Ogar On Osun Election by maestroferddi: 9:42am On Aug 16, 2014
arewarepublic:

And you are deluding yourself that you are making sense, abi?
Re: APC Reacts To Ogar On Osun Election by Descartes: 9:42am On Aug 16, 2014
suwailad: Marylin Ogargarrrr working for aso rock police since she started warming GEJ's bed since 1870!
So you are part of the BED-WARMING crew tongue
Re: APC Reacts To Ogar On Osun Election by arewarepublic: 9:42am On Aug 16, 2014
Descartes:
Yea, that was taken into account, monitored it for 7days; from 12:40pm on 7th— 14th August @12:40pm.
And about 40% of this population have atleast three monickers lipsrsealed lipsrsealed tongue

Does that mean the actual growth rate will be less that 0.048%?

Btw:So, you have been spying on Nairalanders? angry

(1) (2) (Reply)

How Beheaded Air Force Pilot Killed 63 Terrorists / Tinubu Backs Amnesty For Boko Haram / Meet The New Acting IG: DIG Solomon Arase

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.