Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,339 members, 7,808,202 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:34 AM

Am I Suffering From Acute Memory Loss Or Forgetfulness? - Health (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Am I Suffering From Acute Memory Loss Or Forgetfulness? (9536 Views)

Help On Memory Loss / Am i suffering from typhoid or what?ur advice is needed / Acute Waist Pain (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Am I Suffering From Acute Memory Loss Or Forgetfulness? by Nobody: 10:08pm On Aug 16, 2014
Caracta:

Don't derail my thread o...before I FORGET you tongue
Jesu...ok we really need to talk...and you know the topic and venue already
Re: Am I Suffering From Acute Memory Loss Or Forgetfulness? by Nobody: 10:13pm On Aug 16, 2014
BEFORE YOU CAN FORGET ME,YOU'LL FIRST OF ALL FORGET YOUR NAMES tongue tongue shocked

1 Like

Re: Am I Suffering From Acute Memory Loss Or Forgetfulness? by ihedinobi2: 10:56am On Aug 27, 2014
Seen a doc yet? I don't have some research or anything to argue with, but I'm frequently in that position these days. It doesn't surprise me because I know that if you task a particular resource a lot for one thing, you don't have much access to it for others. Memorialization is a function of the brain just like calculation/data processing and like emotional bonding, etc.

So when you're stressing it to deliver on one, you probably reduce its ability to deliver on the others. Additionally, when I want to call up memories and they're slow to come, I try not to stress it. I sort of loosen my brain to warm up. Often enough the memory does come up eventually. But it doesn't all the time so I try to use aids if I think it's really important for me to remember something.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Am I Suffering From Acute Memory Loss Or Forgetfulness? by Caracta(f): 3:35pm On Aug 27, 2014
Thanks ihedinobi2.

1 Like

Re: Am I Suffering From Acute Memory Loss Or Forgetfulness? by Ariyke: 6:37pm On Aug 27, 2014
Go for checkup as soon as possible
Re: Am I Suffering From Acute Memory Loss Or Forgetfulness? by Nobody: 7:11pm On Aug 27, 2014
You are fine! angry undecided
Re: Am I Suffering From Acute Memory Loss Or Forgetfulness? by Caracta(f): 10:07pm On Aug 27, 2014
Monstertrucks: You are fine! angry undecided

cheesy

1 Like

Re: Am I Suffering From Acute Memory Loss Or Forgetfulness? by Nobody: 10:31pm On Aug 27, 2014
Hi Caracta,

I recently suffer similar memory lapses. I happened to work a demanding job in a pressure cooker environment. My first observation came during a presentation. The self professed data crunching, fact churning geek just froze half way. Error! After some seconds of embarrassing silence, the cache was relocated to salvage the the situation before a meltdown.
I went to hospital, but my GP did not discover anything. I suspected that it might be due to worries. On further probe into my lifestyle. I found out that my memory loss are due to these triad:

Skipping breakfast: I am not a breakfast person. simply because it always make me sick and also make me purge.
To correct this anomaly, I have discovered the joy of homemade pap and I'm loving it.
Lack of sleep: I am a night owl. My daily optimal period starts at 1300 hours, coinciding with my traditional first meal of the day. Bedtime is traditionally 0100 hours wake up is at 0500 hours. such is my weird biological clockwork.
To correct this anomaly, I make effort to deliberate plan for bedtime, create the ambiance and follow through a bedtime ritual of no snack, no movie, dimming the bedside lamp beyond 2200 hours
Stress and Anxiety: A typical workaholic with high inertial and a "don't stop till you get enough" attitude. I am still struggling with this. Old habit they said die hard

I have since started the process of lifestyle makeover and my memory is back to optimal.
EAT. SLEEP. RELAX
Don't fret, just see your doc and you will be just fine. Ciao!

5 Likes

Re: Am I Suffering From Acute Memory Loss Or Forgetfulness? by Caracta(f): 11:04pm On Aug 27, 2014
Thanks JonBee1.

I skip breakfast. I sleep very late and wake up very early. I am presently under a lot of rest.

I need to discipline myself more and start doing things differently.

Thanks for sharing.

1 Like

Re: Am I Suffering From Acute Memory Loss Or Forgetfulness? by ihedinobi2: 7:36am On Aug 28, 2014
@JonBee1, quite right. I knew that my sleep, eating and work habits were contributing to the trouble but I never quite saw it this clearly. I typically sleep very late and wake very early and when I'm not worrying my head off, I'm thinking furiously. I generally am always "on" if you know what I mean. And I eat very poorly. When I'm not nibbling, I generally am not eating at all. How I manage to stay healthy with all that is a miracle.

Whenever I get back on the wagon (sleeping relatively early and for six hours, at least) and eating correctly, I do better all round. But sometimes the wagon is a luxury for me.
Re: Am I Suffering From Acute Memory Loss Or Forgetfulness? by UjSizzle(f): 10:03am On Aug 28, 2014
It's only acute memory loss when you forget you promised me your brother angry

Still on babe? sad You need to slow down. I don't know how someone as tiny as you are moves at locomotive speed.
It's my bornday next week....let's hangout if you can find the time from 'travelling' to work. I'll let you recite the states and capitals for me and even sing the Happy birthday song grin

Relax. Eat. Sleep. Or I'm calling the Calgary angry

You'll be fine smiley kiss

1 Like

Re: Am I Suffering From Acute Memory Loss Or Forgetfulness? by Caracta(f): 11:04am On Aug 28, 2014
UjSizzle: It's only acute memory loss when you forget you promised me your brother angry

Still on babe? sad You need to slow down. I don't know how someone as tiny as you are moves at locomotive speed.
It's my bornday next week....let's hangout if you can find the time from 'travelling' to work. I'll let you recite the states and capitals for me and even sing the Happy birthday song grin

Relax. Eat. Sleep. Or I'm calling the Calgary angry

You'll be fine smiley kiss

Yaaaaay! Tiny me sure needs to learn how to slow down.

When next week? Pls let it be a weekend. We can go see a movie or horse-riding. I really need that break. I'll buzz you soon.

Eat? I eat well now o. Trust me cheesy And I sleep wella.

At least, I still remember your name. There is hope!

By the way, my brother is married...but you can marry him again. I love you that much.

*hugs her*
Re: Am I Suffering From Acute Memory Loss Or Forgetfulness? by CrazyMan(m): 11:29am On Aug 28, 2014
I'm not a medical expert, but I believe it could be related to stress.

It could be that you're under much stress (from your place of work) try to rest often especially on weekends.

Finally, I would advice that you see a doctor, so he can diagnose you and tell you what's really wrong.

I wish you a speedy recovery.

2 Likes

Re: Am I Suffering From Acute Memory Loss Or Forgetfulness? by UjSizzle(f): 3:10pm On Aug 28, 2014
Caracta:

Yaaaaay! Tiny me sure needs to learn how to slow down.

When next week? Pls let it be a weekend. We can go see a movie or horse-riding. I really need that break. I'll buzz you soon.

Eat? I eat well now o. Trust me cheesy And I sleep wella.

At least, I still remember your name. There is hope!

By the way, my brother is married...but you can marry him again. I love you that much.

*hugs her*
Friday the 5th, but I can have two birthdays grin Saturday or Sunday will be good, and horse riding sounds like fun....

I can marry him again. We all know you want me as a SIL grin I love you that much.
Re: Am I Suffering From Acute Memory Loss Or Forgetfulness? by UjSizzle(f): 3:23pm On Aug 28, 2014
CrazyMan: I'm not a medical expert, but I believe it could be related to stress.

It could be that you're under much stress (from your place of work) try to rest often especially on weekends.

Finally, I would advice that you see a doctor, so he can diagnose you and tell you what's really wrong.

I wish you a speedy recovery.
Nice siggy smiley Didn't know you were igbo.
Re: Am I Suffering From Acute Memory Loss Or Forgetfulness? by jaybee3(m): 3:42pm On Aug 28, 2014
UjSizzle:
Friday the 5th, but I can have two birthdays grin Saturday or Sunday will be good, and horse riding sounds like fun....

I can marry him again. We all know you want me as a SIL grin I love you that much.

Ggggrrrhhhhhh
Re: Am I Suffering From Acute Memory Loss Or Forgetfulness? by Mynd44: 3:58pm On Aug 28, 2014
UjSizzle:

All this sweet talk is bad for my health...

*unfollows*

2 Likes

Re: Am I Suffering From Acute Memory Loss Or Forgetfulness? by UjSizzle(f): 4:31pm On Aug 28, 2014
jaybee3:

Ggggrrrhhhhhh
shocked
Hey darling grin
Re: Am I Suffering From Acute Memory Loss Or Forgetfulness? by jaybee3(m): 4:34pm On Aug 28, 2014
UjSizzle:
shocked
Hey darling grin
You are being closely watched <= Just so you know!
Re: Am I Suffering From Acute Memory Loss Or Forgetfulness? by UjSizzle(f): 4:36pm On Aug 28, 2014
jaybee3:
You are being closely watched <= Just so you know!
And God is still waiting for you to see my parents with that wine **smiles sweetly**
Re: Am I Suffering From Acute Memory Loss Or Forgetfulness? by Caracta(f): 4:49pm On Aug 28, 2014
UjSizzle:

Uhhhhmmm. Good. I'll keep you posted.
Re: Am I Suffering From Acute Memory Loss Or Forgetfulness? by Caracta(f): 4:50pm On Aug 28, 2014
UjSizzle:

Yes he is. And I'm his sister tongue
Re: Am I Suffering From Acute Memory Loss Or Forgetfulness? by Caracta(f): 4:51pm On Aug 28, 2014
Mynd44:
All this sweet talk is bad for my health...

*unfollows*

Taa!
Re: Am I Suffering From Acute Memory Loss Or Forgetfulness? by UjSizzle(f): 4:54pm On Aug 28, 2014
Caracta:

Yes he is. And I'm his sister tongue
Hmph. Dreamer. You're Jackie Chan's daughter.
Re: Am I Suffering From Acute Memory Loss Or Forgetfulness? by jaybee3(m): 4:58pm On Aug 28, 2014
Little known fact = > Jaybee is Igbo
Re: Am I Suffering From Acute Memory Loss Or Forgetfulness? by Caracta(f): 4:59pm On Aug 28, 2014
UjSizzle:
Hmph. Dreamer. You're Jackie Chan's daughter.

You are lucky I don't fight. I would have flogged nonsense out of you the last time you carried me. Watch out for my own pound of flesh.
Re: Am I Suffering From Acute Memory Loss Or Forgetfulness? by Caracta(f): 5:00pm On Aug 28, 2014
jaybee3: Little known fact = > Jaybee is Igbo

Is today World Liars Day?

1 Like

Re: Am I Suffering From Acute Memory Loss Or Forgetfulness? by Nobody: 5:42pm On Aug 28, 2014
Caracta:

Is today World Liars Day?

Lol, cheesy, Cara, am I welcome in here?
Re: Am I Suffering From Acute Memory Loss Or Forgetfulness? by Caracta(f): 6:27pm On Aug 28, 2014
Three7Ty9:

Lol, cheesy, Cara, am I welcome in here?

Yes you are, Tee.
Re: Am I Suffering From Acute Memory Loss Or Forgetfulness? by UjSizzle(f): 7:42pm On Aug 28, 2014
Caracta:

You are lucky I don't fight. I would have flogged nonsense out of you the last time you carried me. Watch out for my own pound of flesh.
......I'll be waiting for the army you'll show up with grin

Jaybee3, igbo? Then I'm a Ferrari tongue
Re: Am I Suffering From Acute Memory Loss Or Forgetfulness? by leverage12(m): 9:41am On Aug 29, 2014
@OP you could be going through stress. The best thing to do is get as much rest as possible, reduce heavy load and supplement your diet.

Try and get a Tiens distributor and get lecitin+calcium, zinc and oral data liquid. It will help and go a long way. Continue with this supplement even after condition has improved. Cheers

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Am I Suffering From Acute Memory Loss Or Forgetfulness? by CrazyMan(m): 4:15pm On Aug 30, 2014
UjSizzle:
I am o...typical Igbo man wink

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Strike: FG, Doctors Reach Agreement / Many Patients Dying Of Poor Medical Attention - Osagie Ehanire / Phobia!what Do You Fear Or Dread Most?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.