Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,923 members, 7,802,992 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 06:54 AM

SAT-3 Browsing Problem: We Want An End To This Lamentation - Computers (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / SAT-3 Browsing Problem: We Want An End To This Lamentation (3790 Views)

Browsing Problem / Your Browsing Problem? / Browsing Problem On Bb 7290 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: SAT-3 Browsing Problem: We Want An End To This Lamentation by TEEZERO(m): 8:23am On Oct 24, 2008
"It looks like." "I hear that." Speculations. Rumours. What if the folk in charge of SAT-3 had issued a statement stating exactly what had happened, would it not have put everything in the clear? Information is power, dear friends. See what happened when the "Third Mainland Bridge" was to be fixed. Prior notice was given, including when the repair would start and end, and updates were also given, at every stage. Only the cynical ones among us kept doubting whether the schedule would be kept to. But there was information.
Meanwhile, Virginkid, that was a sensible, reasonable post. Cheers.
Re: SAT-3 Browsing Problem: We Want An End To This Lamentation by donbusky(m): 10:57am On Oct 24, 2008
What connection are you guys using? Because my MTN 3g is still down, and has been for about a week now.  sad

Are we sure the SAT-3 thingy has been resolved? Is anyone here browsing with MTN USB 3g?
Re: SAT-3 Browsing Problem: We Want An End To This Lamentation by medube(m): 12:52pm On Oct 24, 2008
I enjoyed reading this thread, which showed how everyone was suffering when the SAT3 went down and were terming it 'THIS COUNTRY'. You all seem to forget that if you remove Lagos and a few other states which could probably be counted on the fingers of one hand, the rest of us in 'THIS COUNTRY' have been and are still surviving on VSAT technology due to the lack of infrastructure in relaying the SAT3 around.

So, in short, we never and still don't really know what the SAT3 is like because by the time it probably gets to us in other states, those of you in Lagos might be complaining as to what happened to the daily shuttle in 'THIS COUNTRY' which takes people to MARS smiley
Re: SAT-3 Browsing Problem: We Want An End To This Lamentation by otokx(m): 1:24pm On Oct 24, 2008
My MTN 3g is working but at gprs level and is very slow
Re: SAT-3 Browsing Problem: We Want An End To This Lamentation by donbusky(m): 2:02pm On Oct 24, 2008
Same here. 3g connection is off. GPRS connects but is very slow. can barely do anything online. Any information on when its likely to be back? since it seems some other networks have regained speed (from other posts),
Re: SAT-3 Browsing Problem: We Want An End To This Lamentation by flyuche(m): 6:18pm On Oct 25, 2008
MTN is ok. Both gprs and 3.5G, infact gprs connection seems to have improved. Starcomms EVDO was a little erratic, connection slower than usual.
Re: SAT-3 Browsing Problem: We Want An End To This Lamentation by samir101ng(m): 2:39am On Oct 26, 2008
medube:

I enjoyed reading this thread, which showed how everyone was suffering when the SAT3 went down and were terming it 'THIS COUNTRY'. You all seem to forget that if you remove Lagos and a few other states which could probably be counted on the fingers of one hand, the rest of us in 'THIS COUNTRY' have been and are still surviving on VSAT technology due to the lack of infrastructure in relaying the SAT3 around.

So, in short, we never and still don't really know what the SAT3 is like because by the time it probably gets to us in other states, those of you in Lagos might be complaining as to what happened to the daily shuttle in 'THIS COUNTRY' which takes people to MARS smiley

My point exactly. Apart from Lagos and for the sake of argument Port Hacourt and Abuja, the rest of the 33 states dont really benefit from SAT3 or whatever its called. Its all a "placebo" effect to me.
Re: SAT-3 Browsing Problem: We Want An End To This Lamentation by flyuche(m): 9:24am On Oct 26, 2008
Nitel is just one huge useless elephant. It should be sold for free. It is supposed to be the manger of this SAT-3 investment.
Re: SAT-3 Browsing Problem: We Want An End To This Lamentation by kenniy(m): 2:25pm On Oct 27, 2008
flyuche:

Nitel is just one huge useless elephant. It should be sold for free. It is supposed to be the manger of this SAT-3 investment.

a hell of a paradox, "sold for free",
real funny,

anyone knows if visafone EVDO is back in shape??
Re: SAT-3 Browsing Problem: We Want An End To This Lamentation by Kajiang02(m): 8:05pm On Oct 28, 2008
NITEL
ONE BIG RUBBISH.,.,.,where is MTEL
Re: SAT-3 Browsing Problem: We Want An End To This Lamentation by shreks(m): 9:30pm On Oct 28, 2008
Is any one still around. i need some help with my computer.
Re: SAT-3 Browsing Problem: We Want An End To This Lamentation by prashant32: 12:13pm On Nov 14, 2008
Great time spend to read your article,

http://www.interweb.in/

(1) (2) (Reply)

Dell Latitude E6410 Intel Core I5 For Sale At Cheap Price / Hotel In Need Of Hotel Management Suite/front Desk Hotel Software / Is Broadband Internet Access Possible in Lagos?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.