Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,911 members, 7,802,962 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 05:29 AM

Nigerian Doctor Recovers, Discharges From Quarantine - Health (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Nigerian Doctor Recovers, Discharges From Quarantine (66011 Views)

Ebola: Infected Nigerian Doctor Recovers, Discharges From Quarantine. / Nigerian Doctor Who Treated Victim Infected With Ebola / My Body Discharges Electricity (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Doctor Recovers, Discharges From Quarantine by viuche: 8:44pm On Aug 16, 2014
The best news since this Ebola shit!
Re: Nigerian Doctor Recovers, Discharges From Quarantine by Tolexander: 8:44pm On Aug 16, 2014
AKUNWATA1: ALHAJI TOLEX YOU DON START OH
i'm going to cast spell on you and your second handle o! grin
Re: Nigerian Doctor Recovers, Discharges From Quarantine by Dreambeat: 8:45pm On Aug 16, 2014
Wow! This is great news.
Re: Nigerian Doctor Recovers, Discharges From Quarantine by omoredia: 8:45pm On Aug 16, 2014
Get it!

Re: Nigerian Doctor Recovers, Discharges From Quarantine by gen2briz(m): 8:45pm On Aug 16, 2014
studio14: if people will fear Jehovah the way they feared Ebola, the world would hv been a different place.

Jehovah or God

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Doctor Recovers, Discharges From Quarantine by abatically(m): 8:46pm On Aug 16, 2014
oluwasegunfummi: They should collect her blood sample, @ this point she will still have those antibodies in circulation, nigeria shouldn't let her just go, she's an experimental tool, ebola virus only kills 90% of its victims, this woman is part of the remaining 10%, I repeat, she is an experimental tool, make nigeria no dull this one........eko o ni baje oooo cool

Since u know so much why don't u go to the quarantine center and cater for the sick. U think u know more than those professionals that discharged her?

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Doctor Recovers, Discharges From Quarantine by smudge2079(m): 8:46pm On Aug 16, 2014
A good news, this one. On a day Man United decided to kill my mood.
Re: Nigerian Doctor Recovers, Discharges From Quarantine by Nobody: 8:48pm On Aug 16, 2014
studio14: if people will fear Jehovah the way they feared Ebola, the world would hv been a different place.

I tire oo My Brother.

If you carry Jehovah come meet them for house na so so pepper water them go throw way for you.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Doctor Recovers, Discharges From Quarantine by 1Book(m): 8:48pm On Aug 16, 2014
Good one!
Re: Nigerian Doctor Recovers, Discharges From Quarantine by Ndukwe007(m): 8:49pm On Aug 16, 2014
UP NIGERIA! all we need do is believe in ourselves and all is possible. Ebola will soon be history.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Doctor Recovers, Discharges From Quarantine by watchindelta(m): 8:49pm On Aug 16, 2014
am happy oh. but make they tell us the name of the medicine na! no time oh
Re: Nigerian Doctor Recovers, Discharges From Quarantine by donphilopus: 8:50pm On Aug 16, 2014
I'm very convinced that some of you referring to the Doctor as “he/his/him” didn't even bother to read the write-up. Meanwhile, congats to the Doctor for the miraculous healing!

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Doctor Recovers, Discharges From Quarantine by ibe9ja: 8:50pm On Aug 16, 2014
Pissure of the doctor before and after recovery or adonbelieve it.
Re: Nigerian Doctor Recovers, Discharges From Quarantine by Irritant: 8:51pm On Aug 16, 2014
adesbreath: She treated me once oh! Thank you Lord...
shocked okay,bt don't ever allow her treat u again o....cos u never can Tell U know...#just saying grin
Re: Nigerian Doctor Recovers, Discharges From Quarantine by abatically(m): 8:51pm On Aug 16, 2014
ebdib:

Did Obama bring ebola to Nigeria on that plane?
Let's be reasonable pls

Best comment ever. I don't know why people keep blaming Obama. Nigeria is an independent country, USA is also an independent country. Both countries have their own problems, if America thinks for some reason they can't release zmapp (an experimental drug) to Nigeria, its no big deal. Its a challenge to us to make our own research and stop playing the blame game.

Just picture this..... America releases zmapp to Nigeria, it was used on Ebola patients and leads to a catastrophe, now what would be the comment of Nigerians?

12 Likes

Re: Nigerian Doctor Recovers, Discharges From Quarantine by princedoz: 8:51pm On Aug 16, 2014
Lie lie people. Call me a pessimist. I need confirmatory pic. Niger has a way of painting stories. Can't wait for details

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Doctor Recovers, Discharges From Quarantine by Rogers210(m): 8:52pm On Aug 16, 2014
Is Jehovah meant to be feared? Or loved?....Please, think.
Re: Nigerian Doctor Recovers, Discharges From Quarantine by Nobody: 8:52pm On Aug 16, 2014
ebdib:

Did Obama bring ebola to Nigeria on that plane?
Let's be reasonable pls
kobonaire: why? Did Obama give Nigeria Ebola?

No but he wanted the disease to spread by denying Nigeria access to Zmapp and ridiculing any attempt by Nigerians to find a cure to the virus. Shame on him !

5 Likes

Re: Nigerian Doctor Recovers, Discharges From Quarantine by oluwasegunfummi: 8:53pm On Aug 16, 2014
abatically:

Since u know so much why don't u go to the quarantine center and cater for the sick. U think u known more than those professionals that discharged her?
am a professional too, sorry to disappoint you, everybody isn't uneducated like you are. Thanks

9 Likes

Re: Nigerian Doctor Recovers, Discharges From Quarantine by gmcb: 8:54pm On Aug 16, 2014
Best news since July 20, 2014.
Am sure she's intelligent enough to make available her serum.
Thank you Lord!!!!

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Doctor Recovers, Discharges From Quarantine by victorVIC1(m): 8:55pm On Aug 16, 2014
God be praised....wish d others a speedy recovery as well.
Re: Nigerian Doctor Recovers, Discharges From Quarantine by Graphene(m): 8:55pm On Aug 16, 2014
oluwasegunfummi: They should collect her blood sample, @ this point she will still have those antibodies in circulation, nigeria shouldn't let her just go, she's an experimental tool, ebola virus only kills 90% of its victims, this woman is part of the remaining 10%, I repeat, she is an experimental tool, make nigeria no dull this one........eko o ni baje oooo cool

True, they shouldn't let her go just like that. We need to culture her anti-bodies and this can be used to develop a serum to treat and cure ebola. That's the science behind "ZMapp". Zmapp is a serum containing the anti-bodies of mouse infected with the ebola virus.
Now is the time we need our top microbiologist. Let them get to work and earn their salary

5 Likes

Re: Nigerian Doctor Recovers, Discharges From Quarantine by GentleMimi: 8:55pm On Aug 16, 2014
Sincere9gerian: Good news. Thank God for her life.
Meanwhile, it is possible that her delay in making the correct diagnosis led to the spread of the infection in the first place, especially to health workers at the First Consultant Hospital.
Doctors should learn to have high index of suspicion ALWAYS. The history of arrival from Liberia should have made Ebola high on the list of differentials after the initial assessment of late Patrick Sawyer. If only that was done, lives would have been saved. This is why doctors are key in the hospital setting. The decision of doctors do not only determine if the patient will survive or not, it may also save or endanger the lives of other healthcare workers.
Anyway, we are grateful to God because it could have been worse. It could have been worse if the diagnosis of Ebola was not made eventually at the First Consultant Hospital.

Sweetlemon:
It really beats me why ebola wasn't the first thing that came to their minds considering the fact that he man was from Liberia!
Nigerians! why?
SMH. You guys are far from reality. Ignorance is bliss. Do u work in a hospital setting?
The guy was rushed in on sunday night. It was an emergency. He was accompanied by an ECOWAS official. His condition was critical. The first thing that came to the minds of the front desk officer and nurses must have been ''Let us stabilize this individual first''. The guy cld not walk,he had to be assisted by peeps in the hospital,wheeled to the emergency room. Most of the primary cases are those who worked on sunday night/monday morning. You do not ask a guy in a critical condition if he is from Nigeria before u treat him. That is how it is done on the field of work,not behind the phone screen.
Suspicion of Ebola started on monday morning,after the dude claimed to be having MALARIA. He put pressure to be discharged. He denied ever being in contact with an ebola patient despite his sister's death. Under such circumstances,wld any of u have done better? I applaud the whole medical team!

@ Topic,this is one of the most humbling events ever encountered. Tears of joy for survivors,tears of pain for those who passed away. It will never be the same again. But in all,I say ''Thank You'',Baba God!

22 Likes

Re: Nigerian Doctor Recovers, Discharges From Quarantine by abatically(m): 8:55pm On Aug 16, 2014
oluwasegunfummi: am a professional too, sorry to disappoint you, everybody isn't uneducated like you are. Thanks

Professional indeed. So much education for someone who doesn't even know when to use 'I'm' instead of 'am'.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Doctor Recovers, Discharges From Quarantine by Sweetlemon(f): 8:56pm On Aug 16, 2014
abatically:

Best comment ever. I don't know why people keep blaming Obama. Nigeria is an independent country, USA is also an independent country. Both countries have their own problems, if America thinks for some reason they can't release zmapp (an experimental drug) to Nigeria, its no big deal. Its a challenge to us to make our own research and stop playing the blame game.

Just picture this..... America releases zmapp to Nigeria, it was used on Ebola patients and leads to a catastrophe, now what would be the comment of Nigerians?

Of course they would have intensified their theory about America on a mission to wipe of the giant of Africa because they are jealous of us.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Doctor Recovers, Discharges From Quarantine by Amhappy(f): 8:56pm On Aug 16, 2014
This is wonderful. She is a fighter. Thank you God.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Doctor Recovers, Discharges From Quarantine by Airforce1(m): 8:56pm On Aug 16, 2014
Thank almighty God for making it possible

Wow
I'm so so happy for her cheesy

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Doctor Recovers, Discharges From Quarantine by Arosa(m): 8:57pm On Aug 16, 2014
abatically:

Well said!

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Doctor Recovers, Discharges From Quarantine by babat89: 8:57pm On Aug 16, 2014
Sweetlemon:

It really beats me why ebola wasn't the first thing that came to their minds considering the fact that he man was from Liberia!

Nigerians! why?

What are u guys saying gan? U are faulting them or saying they didn't suspect he had Ebola?
A new patient comes in with fever, vomiting... (could be anything) U rush to see him( take a history and examine). He says he is from Liberia( u immediately start thinking Ebola, take samples, isolate him and inform appropriate authorities).
If just 3 hospital workers contracted it, then they did well. Respect them at least. Can bet my black butt u couldn't have handled it half as good as they did (or u sabi pass them?)
Yorubas say, 'eni ti o ba Kan lo mo'. Don't know how best to translate that to english. Enough said.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Doctor Recovers, Discharges From Quarantine by kobonaire(m): 8:58pm On Aug 16, 2014
Bluetooth2: No but he wanted the disease to spread by denying Nigeria access to Zmapp and ridiculing any attempt by Nigerians to find a cure to the virus. Shame on him !
post a news link that verifies your claim.
Re: Nigerian Doctor Recovers, Discharges From Quarantine by UjSizzle(f): 8:58pm On Aug 16, 2014
Hmmm Nigerians reaching wrong conclusions since 1900. I just hope the percentage of people who have made very odd comments on this thread don't represent a larger percentage of our literate population, or this country is in big trouble.

Na so dem dey take fail exam undecided sad

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Doctor Recovers, Discharges From Quarantine by chi4ik(m): 8:59pm On Aug 16, 2014
shame on u Obama, shame on u U.S, this Ebola virus is an eye opener to Nigeria and Africa as a whole. believe in yourselves and u will perform better. Obama ntooooooooooor

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply)

A Healthy Liver Vs A Liver Damaged By Alcohol (Disturbing Photo) / Man Dies At Sperm Bank After 4th Donation In 10 Days (PHOTO) / Tembu Ebere 'Goes Blind' During Bizarre Attempt To Break 'GWR' Crying For 7 Days

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.