Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,407 members, 7,808,450 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:06 PM

New Way Of Receiving Holy Communion Due To Ebola Virus - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / New Way Of Receiving Holy Communion Due To Ebola Virus (22927 Views)

He Took Holy Communion And Had Sex After Church, Any Repercusion? / White People Are Worshiping EBOLA Virus And It Looks Like They Are Doing Magic! / Churches Raise Prayer Warriors Against Ebola Virus (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

New Way Of Receiving Holy Communion Due To Ebola Virus by IKJ1000000(m): 7:40pm On Aug 16, 2014
In the Recent meeting held by the archbishop conference of the Catholic church various ways to curb the spread of ebola In the church were discussed. The former" hand to tongue" method of giving holy communion was suspended for the time being. Henceforth the communion would be placed on the left hand which the communicant have to pick it up him/herself. The routine handshake in every mass as a way of sharing peace with your neighbor was also suspended. Nobody wants to die! What's your say?

4 Likes

Re: New Way Of Receiving Holy Communion Due To Ebola Virus by bennygreat1(m): 9:23pm On Aug 16, 2014
Preventive Measures I must say..... But.. There's a BUT in it....
Re: New Way Of Receiving Holy Communion Due To Ebola Virus by IKJ1000000(m): 10:04pm On Aug 16, 2014
Point out the but !!!!!!!!!!!!!

2 Likes

Re: New Way Of Receiving Holy Communion Due To Ebola Virus by ayusco85(m): 5:20pm On Aug 17, 2014
Well I think the catholic church are more sensitive than other churches, taking proactive measures in preventing this ebola spread. In my church today, we were meant to shake our neighbours cry I almost turned him down, but I was like what the hell, abola hasn't reached the north angry. Buut I think all churches should follow in the foot steps of the catholic church in suspending some church practices that involve body contact.

That moment when ur pastor says "There is someone here in the congregation with ebola" grin

37 Likes

Re: New Way Of Receiving Holy Communion Due To Ebola Virus by Nobody: 5:20pm On Aug 17, 2014
IKJ1000000: In the Recent meeting held by the archbishop conference of the Catholic church various ways to curb the spread of ebola In the church were discussed. The former" hand to tongue" method of giving holy communion was suspended for the time being. Henceforth the communion would be placed on the left hand which the communicant have to pick it up him/herself. The routine handshake in every mass as a way of sharing peace with your neighbor was also suspended. Nobody wants to die! What's your say?
theres nano silver and baffing salt nah

2 Likes

Re: New Way Of Receiving Holy Communion Due To Ebola Virus by woky: 5:20pm On Aug 17, 2014
hmm
Re: New Way Of Receiving Holy Communion Due To Ebola Virus by sirjohnson(m): 5:22pm On Aug 17, 2014
Religion is one thing, health is another

3 Likes

Re: New Way Of Receiving Holy Communion Due To Ebola Virus by emperortony: 5:22pm On Aug 17, 2014
Sadly I don't have anything to say. Have a blissful week my fellow nairalander's

6 Likes

Re: New Way Of Receiving Holy Communion Due To Ebola Virus by parrotibaba(m): 5:23pm On Aug 17, 2014
yeah it happened today during service ...a good preventive measure I' d say...

3 Likes

Re: New Way Of Receiving Holy Communion Due To Ebola Virus by plainmirror(m): 5:23pm On Aug 17, 2014
OP where is the source? Lyk say na u forge d tori giv us abi

18 Likes

Re: New Way Of Receiving Holy Communion Due To Ebola Virus by CosmicSensation: 5:23pm On Aug 17, 2014
No very stvpid and 'bashable' comment above me.
That's what I came here for.

1 Like

Re: New Way Of Receiving Holy Communion Due To Ebola Virus by alotofgrace(m): 5:24pm On Aug 17, 2014
i dont get. even the church has completely suspended her faith? shocked shocked shocked

peppyluv02: Brainwashed pentecoastal fool.
Why don't you go and hug ebola patients or volunteer yourself to treat them.
We have lost catholic priests to ebola,how many pastors have you lost? Do your pastors go close to ebola patients?
Kitikpa gbagbuo you and the 7 I'd!ots that liked your post.
Nonsense.

i never knew we had different faiths in christiandom. anyway i wasnt mocking anyone, its just so sad to hear even the church has apparently lost its power.

please always get the mood of a comment before you quote and you dont have to insult.
i nor vex o grin

8 Likes

Re: New Way Of Receiving Holy Communion Due To Ebola Virus by mencade5(m): 5:24pm On Aug 17, 2014
who are those linking our religion to this ebola? Enemies of progress i guess from other religion.

if that is the case then muslims should be ban from using water and rubber kettle to pray. The use of water to wash hands and legs by one user and another user will still use the same kettle to wash leaves one prone to Ebola.

If they make use of tap water still the disease will still be contagious.

5 Likes

Re: New Way Of Receiving Holy Communion Due To Ebola Virus by Nobody: 5:24pm On Aug 17, 2014
Ebola will change a lot of law...

No hand shaking

No more kissing

No more hugging

No more picking your noise....or touching any other
part of the body that have hole

And now it has change holy communion law.....etc

Ebola una well done oooo

2 Likes

Re: New Way Of Receiving Holy Communion Due To Ebola Virus by julioralph(m): 5:24pm On Aug 17, 2014
Of course its a wise decision.......
Until ebola is out of Nigeria.
God can cure any sickness or disease, but its not wise to put him to the test by not taking preventative measures!!

26 Likes

Re: New Way Of Receiving Holy Communion Due To Ebola Virus by NotNairalandi(m): 5:25pm On Aug 17, 2014
grin ....abegi make una ask me why i dey laugh.!

1 Like

Re: New Way Of Receiving Holy Communion Due To Ebola Virus by donem: 5:25pm On Aug 17, 2014
Nobody one die but evrybody one go heaven.

1 Like

Re: New Way Of Receiving Holy Communion Due To Ebola Virus by NotNairalandi(m): 5:25pm On Aug 17, 2014
no bi hand the perist use pick the communion at first abi na stick?

4 Likes

Re: New Way Of Receiving Holy Communion Due To Ebola Virus by kobonaire(m): 5:25pm On Aug 17, 2014
smart/progressive move by the Catholics

11 Likes

Re: New Way Of Receiving Holy Communion Due To Ebola Virus by coldsummer: 5:25pm On Aug 17, 2014
what!!!

1 Like

Re: New Way Of Receiving Holy Communion Due To Ebola Virus by bunmioguns(m): 5:27pm On Aug 17, 2014
grin grin

The fear of Ebola

www.nairaland.com/1852534/
mtn-data-cheapest-rate

Re: New Way Of Receiving Holy Communion Due To Ebola Virus by Nobody: 5:27pm On Aug 17, 2014
At least, dem don sabi where Jesus power reach. Dem for no use their brain na. undecided

6 Likes

Re: New Way Of Receiving Holy Communion Due To Ebola Virus by Lilnikee(m): 5:28pm On Aug 17, 2014

1 Like

Re: New Way Of Receiving Holy Communion Due To Ebola Virus by jieta: 5:28pm On Aug 17, 2014
what do i have to say
Re: New Way Of Receiving Holy Communion Due To Ebola Virus by BigBen10: 5:29pm On Aug 17, 2014
IKJ1000000: In the Recent meeting held by the archbishop conference of the Catholic church various ways to curb the spread of ebola In the church were discussed. The former" hand to tongue" method of giving holy communion was suspended for the time being. Henceforth the communion would be placed on the left hand which the communicant have to pick it up him/herself. The routine handshake in every mass as a way of sharing peace with your neighbor was also suspended. Nobody wants to die! What's your say?

All good Pro-active decisions from Catholic Bishops.

5 Likes

Re: New Way Of Receiving Holy Communion Due To Ebola Virus by Rapsainot(m): 5:30pm On Aug 17, 2014
Okay
Re: New Way Of Receiving Holy Communion Due To Ebola Virus by Patangela: 5:31pm On Aug 17, 2014
Dt is gud bt let's pray God help us.
Re: New Way Of Receiving Holy Communion Due To Ebola Virus by BigBen10: 5:31pm On Aug 17, 2014

All good Pro-active decisions from Catholic Bishops. We have to answer for our souls in heaven. Just as much as God does not permit killing others, He also does not permit taking your own soul. If die out of carelessness, you will answer to God. sucide is a sin. So take a precautionary measures. Simply. No buts!!!

5 Likes

Re: New Way Of Receiving Holy Communion Due To Ebola Virus by Nobody: 5:31pm On Aug 17, 2014
Dia r thousandz of wayz,2 contact Ebola! fink abt de money dat passes 4rm one hand 2 anoda,de food itemz we buy n market dat passes 4rm hand 2 hand,etc Na only God de save us o.

11 Likes

Re: New Way Of Receiving Holy Communion Due To Ebola Virus by Cymbal: 5:32pm On Aug 17, 2014
Aiit

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Bishop Chukwuma: I Didn’t Dare Government Over Closure Of Churches In Enugu / The Seventh Day Adventist Church: What Do You Know About Them? / Crisis Hits CAN Over Oritsejafor's Plan To Rig Election For Preferred Candidate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.