Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,694 members, 7,802,032 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 08:14 AM

CBN, Western Union Launch Foreign Remittance Service - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / CBN, Western Union Launch Foreign Remittance Service (24039 Views)

Bitcoin Remittance Business For Nigeria - Business Opportunity / GTBank Stops Over-The-Counter Western-Union Transactions, Use Internet Banking / Western Union Money Transfer Now To Be Paid In Naira (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: CBN, Western Union Launch Foreign Remittance Service by priscaoge(f): 3:14pm On Aug 18, 2014
Eyop:
Darling na true i talk now. It was delayed because of those boys but i don't know what the outcome might be now that it has been launched.
Lol yea u have a point.
Re: CBN, Western Union Launch Foreign Remittance Service by Nobody: 3:14pm On Aug 18, 2014
We don't wanna send undecided
We just wanna keep receiving grin

1 Like

Re: CBN, Western Union Launch Foreign Remittance Service by futajallon: 3:15pm On Aug 18, 2014
I no dey send just dey receive no time
Re: CBN, Western Union Launch Foreign Remittance Service by Bitcoin: 3:15pm On Aug 18, 2014
Western union and other remittance companies make about $550 Billion every year in revenues helping people transfer money. With bitcoin you can send money instantly without any withdrawal limitations, no government oversight and it is absolutely free. I'm still looking for folks who are interested in setting up a Bitcoin remittance business in Nigeria, we can charge 25-50% of the competition and still turn a profit.

1 Like

Re: CBN, Western Union Launch Foreign Remittance Service by Dmony: 3:16pm On Aug 18, 2014
nice approach,I like that
Re: CBN, Western Union Launch Foreign Remittance Service by iamord(m): 3:16pm On Aug 18, 2014
lancee: Hope the charges won't discourage people sending money to their loved ones

Re: CBN, Western Union Launch Foreign Remittance Service by Eyop: 3:17pm On Aug 18, 2014
iamord:

G boys only receive.abi she dem won start to day pay maga back ni
Oga me i don't know oooh. You know fraudsters take advantage of any slightest opportunity given to them mostly in Nigeria.
Re: CBN, Western Union Launch Foreign Remittance Service by Nobody: 3:18pm On Aug 18, 2014
priscaoge: Good one,It's a way forward. GEJ is working grin. All he need is encouragement and our prayers grin maka na ekele onye akidi ogwota ozo grin.

God bless GEJ!!!

God bless Nigeria!!!!

May God transform ya life the way GEJ is transforming Nigeria. Can i hear a Big amen?

2 Likes

Re: CBN, Western Union Launch Foreign Remittance Service by Nivlin: 3:18pm On Aug 18, 2014
Nice
Re: CBN, Western Union Launch Foreign Remittance Service by iamord(m): 3:18pm On Aug 18, 2014
Bitcoin: Bitcoin Remittance is the way forward
Bitcoin is cool but am yet to understand it
Re: CBN, Western Union Launch Foreign Remittance Service by pansophist(m): 3:19pm On Aug 18, 2014
As for me, I am fine with my GT mastercard. I get money sent to me from Nigeria directly to my account and I withdraw from abroad anywhere I find an ATM machine. I can withdraw in weekends anywhere and anytime and no sending fee from the sender, only 420naira withdrawal charge. I can also travel to another country and withdraw there unlike western union where I have to collect in the destination country.

GT mastercard is still the best if you know whats up

4 Likes

Re: CBN, Western Union Launch Foreign Remittance Service by complete1(m): 3:19pm On Aug 18, 2014
angry send to who naa,I never spend untop my body finish na to send go give pesin....back to the mata,PDP nd APC are the problem of my naija,let's move to anoda party phase.infact let's vote for pastor cris okotie's party since they said the problem of the country is spiritual
Re: CBN, Western Union Launch Foreign Remittance Service by Xano(m): 3:20pm On Aug 18, 2014
Great start. Excellent. Thanks to all who made it possible.
Re: CBN, Western Union Launch Foreign Remittance Service by Keypha(m): 3:20pm On Aug 18, 2014
wow I can now send money to my client so that she will believed more and pay wella heheheheheheh

1 Like

Re: CBN, Western Union Launch Foreign Remittance Service by angelo5uk(m): 3:20pm On Aug 18, 2014
Expecting those APC e-rats to come and spill rubbish as usual.
Awon Oni Ira nu

I've never seen such people that have decided to see bad in anything good Jonathan has to offer.

By the way... Great news for those of us into importing business
Re: CBN, Western Union Launch Foreign Remittance Service by iamord(m): 3:21pm On Aug 18, 2014
Eyop:
Oga me i don't know oooh. You know fraudsters take advantage of any slightest opportunity given to them mostly in Nigeria.

Locals. Scams can get real ugly
Re: CBN, Western Union Launch Foreign Remittance Service by Nobody: 3:22pm On Aug 18, 2014
Western union or no western union nigerians has been sending money abroad via black market(a.k.a money laundering

2 Likes

Re: CBN, Western Union Launch Foreign Remittance Service by iac: 3:25pm On Aug 18, 2014
datguru: Woooooo
its ok.i like the effort of the CBN governor so far.
Re: CBN, Western Union Launch Foreign Remittance Service by SunandRay(m): 3:27pm On Aug 18, 2014
Some Nairalanders are simply HOPELESS FOOLS, commenting just for the sake of appearing on the FP, shallow minded e-diots always spewing out rubbish just to show their misguided loyalist to the Clueless One. #FOOLZ

1 Like

Re: CBN, Western Union Launch Foreign Remittance Service by datguru: 3:28pm On Aug 18, 2014
I know

Eyop:
Osa for you. Don't you know it was delayed because of Nija fraudsters?
Re: CBN, Western Union Launch Foreign Remittance Service by ibe9ja: 3:28pm On Aug 18, 2014
Bitcoin: Western union and other remittance companies make about $550 Billion every year in revenues helping people transfer money. [b]With bitcoin you can send money instantly without any withdrawal limitations, no government oversight and it is absolutely free. I'm still looking for folks who are interested in setting up a Bitcoin remittance business in Nigeria, we can charge 25-50% of the competition [/b]and still turn a profit.

So dat u fit disappear like Liberty Reserve do us abi. Okay

1 Like

Re: CBN, Western Union Launch Foreign Remittance Service by PromixTuhh(m): 3:29pm On Aug 18, 2014
This is a great development even though it supposed to have taken place a long time ago; considering that other small nations already have this out-bound transfer service. I think it's quite advantageous because if you use the Mastercard or visa card and Co abroad, you can only withdraw around 600 dollars at once and around 2500dollars per day. Now imagine if you have a large amount to withdraw then it might take several days to withdraw all. But with western union, large sums
can be sent to you and you can withdraw all at once.
Another thing is that each time you withdraw with the ATM, there is always a service charge included and when you add up those charges you will get what I mean. Alhough you still have to pay charges with the western union, it will be relatively less.
Re: CBN, Western Union Launch Foreign Remittance Service by chukxie(m): 3:30pm On Aug 18, 2014
Good move. It's been long overdue though. I pray our 'thief - thief' politicians don't use it to siphon off money out of Nigeria, and 'yahoo - yahoo' boys and girls don't abuse this good initiative.

1 Like

Re: CBN, Western Union Launch Foreign Remittance Service by Nobody: 3:31pm On Aug 18, 2014
Eyop: Yahoo boys are observing with keen interest cheesy grin
have you ever heard of a yahoo boy sending money abroad?
Re: CBN, Western Union Launch Foreign Remittance Service by room089: 3:35pm On Aug 18, 2014
Good news!
But oga governor, any new move to forestall the activities of fraudsters associated with Western union transfer?
Re: CBN, Western Union Launch Foreign Remittance Service by Nobody: 3:35pm On Aug 18, 2014
Eyop:
Darling na true i talk now. It was delayed because of those boys but i don't know what the outcome might be now that it has been launched.
I have lust a chance/deal worth $25k because of them. Even buyer talk say him no like as I b Nigerian sef. After I reply am, I no hear from the guy again till today

1 Like

Re: CBN, Western Union Launch Foreign Remittance Service by holuphisayor(m): 3:39pm On Aug 18, 2014
what about the charges.
Re: CBN, Western Union Launch Foreign Remittance Service by ochukoccna: 3:42pm On Aug 18, 2014
pansophist: As for me, I am fine with my GT mastercard. I get money sent to me from Nigeria directly to my account and I withdraw from abroad anywhere I find an ATM machine. I can withdraw in weekends anywhere and anytime and no sending fee from the sender, only 420naira withdrawal charge. I can also travel to another country and withdraw there unlike western union where I have to collect in the destination country.
GT mastercard is still the best if you know whats up
GTB Mastercard (and other Nigerian banks) are rip offs angry angry
Apart from having higher exchange rates that the prevailing one back in Nigeria, they also slam you with their charges for withdrawing with your Naira card embarassed embarassed

1 Like

Re: CBN, Western Union Launch Foreign Remittance Service by Nobody: 3:43pm On Aug 18, 2014
This is one of the greatest moves by CBN for this year! I hope Nigerians will make good use of this opportunity and not try to corrupt the process.

NIGERIA IS MOVING. South Africa, here we are moving forward!
Re: CBN, Western Union Launch Foreign Remittance Service by Raypawer(m): 3:46pm On Aug 18, 2014
is ok
Re: CBN, Western Union Launch Foreign Remittance Service by Nobody: 3:49pm On Aug 18, 2014
I've been waiting for this a long time.

Difficulty in getting money out of the country was really a big issue. Dorm accounts with their crazy surcharges didn't help matter.
Re: CBN, Western Union Launch Foreign Remittance Service by Youngzedd(m): 3:51pm On Aug 18, 2014
Tuale to GEJ and CBN boss.

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

5 Reasons Why You Should Start Your Own Work At Home Internet Business / 7 Basic Steps To Improve Your Financial Condition In 2018 / Customs Breaks Rice Shops In Ogun, Seize 4,550 Bags Of Rice

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.