Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,486 members, 7,808,775 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:43 PM

Does Love Have Anything to Do With Money? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Does Love Have Anything to Do With Money? (6338 Views)

Look At Where Love Have Landed Me / Does Love Realy Fades Away? / Why Does Love Hurt So Bad? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Does Love Have Anything to Do With Money? by mali(m): 12:49pm On Sep 19, 2005
A friend of my said that love can not hold without money
Re: Does Love Have Anything to Do With Money? by Seun(m): 1:04pm On Sep 19, 2005
Yes, it is true that we've looked into this issue on threads such as:
- Why are girls so eager for money?
- What is the perfect gift of love
- Wealthy Men Who Refuse to Give Their Women Money
- Can a Girl Choose a Husband on Love Alone?

However, we do not seem to have dealt with the issue directly. Let's do that here and now.

What, if anything, does love have to do with money?
Re: Does Love Have Anything to Do With Money? by layi(m): 1:16pm On Sep 19, 2005
"Love is Life"

Money has the same effect on Love as it has on Life

Money sure makes life better but there's more to Life than money. Same with Love.
Re: Does Love Have Anything to Do With Money? by vexxy(f): 1:35pm On Sep 19, 2005
I do not think that love has anything to do with money, that is unless you're speaking of the love of money.

If someone were to say, "I'd really love you if you had money." Then I'd be inclined to think that it's not truly love.
Re: Does Love Have Anything to Do With Money? by Jio(m): 1:43pm On Sep 19, 2005
Love has a lot to do with money...............Money is the oil that keeps the love engine moving

1 Like

Re: Does Love Have Anything to Do With Money? by vexxy(f): 2:01pm On Sep 19, 2005
Actually: trust, communication, appreicaiton, honesty, responsibility, care, sensitivity. . . .are the things that keep the love machine going.

Mo' money = Mo' problems tongue
Re: Does Love Have Anything to Do With Money? by Motee(f): 2:08pm On Sep 19, 2005
Yes, love have somethng to do with Money and can hold without money.
Re: Does Love Have Anything to Do With Money? by layi(m): 2:15pm On Sep 19, 2005
vexxy:

Actually: trust, communication, appreicaiton, honesty, responsibility, care, sensitivit. . . .

Add money to those "Love soup" ingredients and the taste would definitely be better.
Re: Does Love Have Anything to Do With Money? by terry(m): 2:29pm On Sep 19, 2005
i believe in Love but no gurl will tell you she loves you with a dry pocket
Re: Does Love Have Anything to Do With Money? by vexxy(f): 2:33pm On Sep 19, 2005
Ok, let's clarify something:

How much money are you talking about? Does the guy have to be rich or comfortable? Is he so broke he's homeless? How much money do you think is needed?

If you say a lot, would you think that the one you're with is only after you because of your money? How will you know it's truly love for you and not love for your money? How would you know she/he would still be around if that money should perish?
Re: Does Love Have Anything to Do With Money? by Latoya(f): 3:17pm On Sep 19, 2005
Love has nothing to do with money,its total misconception
Re: Does Love Have Anything to Do With Money? by hotangel2(f): 3:45pm On Sep 19, 2005
No
Re: Does Love Have Anything to Do With Money? by Missworld(f): 3:51pm On Sep 19, 2005
For moi, NO! My love speaks from the heart, it doesn't cost a thing but it ain't easy to get.
Re: Does Love Have Anything to Do With Money? by tunku(m): 5:38pm On Sep 19, 2005
yes we all know that love and a healthy marriage thrives on passion and passion only. Money and love are tragically transgenic in most cutlures, hell I can't recount the amount of time my father has told me to get a good job so that I may have a good wife and assorted "advices" along those line. It is naive to think that love and money do not have any effect on each other but the truth is a girl is interested in how successful you are or can be before "falling in love" with you. I love the term "falling in love' because it proves that there is no such thing as love at first sight, sure there is lust but not much else. "Oh honey I didn't know you had such a large bank account and a successful job with benefits.... I think I am falling in love with you" haha it is foolish to hope to foster a long term relationship without a healthy bankroll. I concede that money has nothing to do with one night stands but if you are talking about love and long term relationships you will be hard pressed to find a happily married couple in financial strife.

1 Like

Re: Does Love Have Anything to Do With Money? by angelak(f): 9:06am On Sep 20, 2005
Love has everything to do with money! a relationship without money is a complete bore! There will be no fun outings, no treats, no presents, no dinners, weekends at exotic/average places etc. If you can't afford to do at least 3 of these things then what exactly will you be doing huh!

Money makes a relationship exciting and funfilled!

1 Like

Re: Does Love Have Anything to Do With Money? by layi(m): 11:17am On Sep 20, 2005
Thats the point angela. wink

Money sure aint the backbone of love but it makes love roll (exciting).
Re: Does Love Have Anything to Do With Money? by Motee(f): 11:46am On Sep 20, 2005
I believe the money we are referring to here is not Cash per say because there is no amount enough for love but rather, the processes which we go through to maintain this so called love or to beautify it and make it last long cost money.

Have said it before on this forum and probably maybe on a different topic that ordinary phone call to say hi to a friend (not necessary going out) once in a while could be referred to as the financial aspect of that friendship. The importance of this scenario is not the money involvement but it helps build up your relationship in any way.
Re: Does Love Have Anything to Do With Money? by layi(m): 12:00pm On Sep 20, 2005
Exactly Motee.

The Topic is "Does Love Have Anything To Do With Money"
Not
"Is Money Love ?"

It'll be hypocritical to say Money has nothing to do with love. It sures make it enjoyable. In fact Money is needed to keep the embers of love flaming.
Re: Does Love Have Anything to Do With Money? by goodguy(m): 12:20pm On Sep 20, 2005
I love these basic facts from our dear friends:

layi:

Money is needed to keep the embers of love flaming.

Jio:

Money is the oil that keeps the love engine moving

When there's no money, the love ain't gonna be stable. As a matter of fact, when a lil arguement comes up, that will be the first thing the wife will use to attack the husband.
Re: Does Love Have Anything to Do With Money? by vexxy(f): 1:06pm On Sep 20, 2005
goodguy: When there's no money, the love ain't going to be stable. As a matter of fact, when a lil arguement comes up, that will be the first thing the wife will use to attack the husband.

Money does not make love stable although it may make it easier. And even if the man has money arguments will still arise and the woman can always find something else to be unsatisfied with cheesy
Re: Does Love Have Anything to Do With Money? by gina34(f): 4:34pm On Sep 20, 2005
TOo me love has got nothing to do with money.QED.
Re: Does Love Have Anything to Do With Money? by oyinkan(f): 5:00pm On Sep 20, 2005
Money has got nothing to do with romance in the sense that love is in-built thing. It should come from your heart. You should not love a guy because of his money; money is a visitor it comes and goes.

There is a adage that says, all that glitters is not gold.
Re: Does Love Have Anything to Do With Money? by dovey(m): 6:00pm On Sep 20, 2005
I believe love shuld be a natural thing and not for a material thing which is money. Being with your loved ones is more appreciated than money because money will finish one day but it will remain u
Re: Does Love Have Anything to Do With Money? by kamakula: 1:39am On Sep 21, 2005
are we talking about the ideal world or the real world

Ideal world: love has nothing to do with money

- that is because everyone has all the money they want, everything they could possibly want they could get for themselves, anything they want to enjoy they can, except one thing, the love of another person

Real world: love has a lot to do with money

- most girls will not date a guy who is broke and living on the street with only one pair of shoes, you barely will give the bum money, let alone love
Re: Does Love Have Anything to Do With Money? by vexxy(f): 1:58am On Sep 21, 2005
love and dating are two different things.

There are a lot of people who are in love and start off with nothing.
Re: Does Love Have Anything to Do With Money? by Motee(f): 10:10am On Sep 21, 2005
I see no reason why a guy should go into what he is not yet capable of achieving to the fullest.

If I am a sister to this guy who is living on the street with only one pair of shoes, I will tell him that the next thing on his agenda should not be going out with a lady who you cannot once in a while take care of. He should work on himself first.

The world is growing day by day so let us stop this thinking of he has nothing and that the girl cannot go out with him because he does not have money.

You can avoid the 'too much asking babe or guy' but try to be able to stand as a man in your own small way.  Even if it is your pocket money, try and save some for a bottle of coke for the babe. Take it or you leave it, there is no way money will not come into your relationship and you better know it now before you say "hi girl".   

On a lighter note, I do not pray to be the highest spender in my relationship because it is an ordained thing from the bible that the man will always be the head but that does not also mean that I wont spoil my husband with the so called much money.
Re: Does Love Have Anything to Do With Money? by gina34(f): 2:47pm On Sep 21, 2005
We have treated a similar topic in this forum b4, and i don't believe money has got anything to do with love.
But money makes a good life.
Re: Does Love Have Anything to Do With Money? by mosiate(f): 3:54pm On Sep 21, 2005
normally love does not have anything to do wit money,but young ladies now can't love without money.
Re: Does Love Have Anything to Do With Money? by Arii: 10:40am On Sep 22, 2005
Money is surely a lubricant (I stand to be corrected), but if love's founded on money, it's like a house built on quick-sand (it's flippant and shallow).

True love (I tell you because I've been there, done that!) is founded on mutual understanding, fondness, sacrifice and a brotherly inclination to always watch out for one another's back.
Re: Does Love Have Anything to Do With Money? by terry(m): 2:25pm On Sep 22, 2005
yeah i kinda agree with you ., about that
Re: Does Love Have Anything to Do With Money? by vexxy(f): 2:49pm On Sep 22, 2005
as do I cheesy
Re: Does Love Have Anything to Do With Money? by slimwills(m): 11:20am On Sep 23, 2005
hey,
i dont really think love has anything to do with money.
actaully u first have to scale-balance the two and
figure what it is that u really want.
anyway i dont have to love b'cos of money.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How Will You React If Your Fiancee Accused You Publicly Of Infecting Her With Hiv Virus. / Come In / Will U Marry A Girl That Exposed Her Body Like This In Music (pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.