Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,289 members, 7,807,980 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:05 AM

Nigeria Can Now Send Money Out Via Western Union - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Nigeria Can Now Send Money Out Via Western Union (16451 Views)

Do I Need A Domiciliary Accoint Before I Can Send Money Via Western Union? / How Do I Receive Money Via Western Union Money Transfer/moneygram / Bank Accounts And People You Don't Wanna Send Money To - Part 1 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigeria Can Now Send Money Out Via Western Union by paraphase(m): 8:51am On Aug 17, 2014
CBN, First Bank, Western Union launch outbound remittance service

The CBN and Western Union Company in collaboration with First Bank of Nigeria (FBN) jointly launched an outbound remittance service in the country.

The newly launched outbound remittance service allows consumers to send funds in minutes via Western Union around the world. Before now, consumers in the country had only been able to receive funds via the service.The service is currently being pioneered by First Bank while other accredited agents of western union are expected to join later.

He said the initiative was targeted at remittances by individuals to dependants, children and wards abroad as well as person to person needs.

Under the new service for now, users are allowed a maximum of $2,000 per transaction, according to Emefiele adding that transactions will be scrutinized to avoid abuse of the facility for money-laundering.

With the latest initiative, the CBN boss said users do not need to go to a bank or bureau de change (BDCs) to buy foreign currency in order to transfer money abroad.Instead, senders are expected to take the Naira equivalent of the amount of foreign currency they wish to transfer to any of the over 5000 western union outlets in the country.He said talks were ongoing with western union to engage well-structured BDCs to become western union agents so as to make the service accessible to more Nigerians.

http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/2442-bdcs-scale-cbn-s-recapitalisation-hurdle/186465/
Re: Nigeria Can Now Send Money Out Via Western Union by Generalkorex(m): 8:58am On Aug 17, 2014
Hurray we are getting there.
Re: Nigeria Can Now Send Money Out Via Western Union by PerfectFortune: 9:21am On Aug 17, 2014
Another good news
Re: Nigeria Can Now Send Money Out Via Western Union by dyadeleye(m): 9:40am On Aug 17, 2014
Very nice of them
Re: Nigeria Can Now Send Money Out Via Western Union by wildchild1: 10:41am On Aug 17, 2014
With every bad news comin from CBN,there is always a good one comin after....Nice initiative even tho its been long overdue
#WeStillSayNoTo65NairaWithdrawalCharges

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Can Now Send Money Out Via Western Union by dustmalik: 11:41am On Aug 17, 2014
Well, another good news. I knew with the acceptance of Nigeria by PayPal, other good things would start to come our way. Evidently, this is another one.
Re: Nigeria Can Now Send Money Out Via Western Union by Nivlin: 12:06pm On Aug 17, 2014
smiley impressive
Re: Nigeria Can Now Send Money Out Via Western Union by eph12(m): 6:51pm On Aug 17, 2014
I can't shout o grin Na me this thing sweet pass.
Re: Nigeria Can Now Send Money Out Via Western Union by kristylopezz: 8:37pm On Aug 17, 2014
Nice one!

GEJ is working

Haters are dying
Re: Nigeria Can Now Send Money Out Via Western Union by Thespecialone(m): 12:01am On Aug 18, 2014
l reserve my comment till I read the full terms and conditions.
Re: Nigeria Can Now Send Money Out Via Western Union by pinkyni(m): 10:05am On Aug 18, 2014
paraphase: CBN, First Bank, Western Union launch outbound remittance service

The CBN and Western Union Company in collaboration with First Bank of Nigeria (FBN) jointly launched an outbound remittance service in the country.

The newly launched outbound remittance service allows consumers to send funds in minutes via Western Union around the world. Before now, consumers in the country had only been able to receive funds via the service.The service is currently being pioneered by First Bank while other accredited agents of western union are expected to join later.

He said the initiative was targeted at remittances by individuals to dependants, children and wards abroad as well as person to person needs.

Under the new service for now, users are allowed a maximum of $2,000 per transaction, according to Emefiele adding that transactions will be scrutinized to avoid abuse of the facility for money-laundering.

With the latest initiative, the CBN boss said users do not need to go to a bank or bureau de change (BDCs) to buy foreign currency in order to transfer money abroad.Instead, senders are expected to take the Naira equivalent of the amount of foreign currency they wish to transfer to any of the over 5000 western union outlets in the country.He said talks were ongoing with western union to engage well-structured BDCs to become western union agents so as to make the service accessible to more Nigerians.

http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/2442-bdcs-scale-cbn-s-recapitalisation-hurdle/186465/
I am more than happy.kudos to the new boss#CBN
Re: Nigeria Can Now Send Money Out Via Western Union by surveycash(m): 11:38pm On Aug 18, 2014
dustmalik: Well, another good news. I knew with the acceptance of Nigeria by PayPal, other good things would start to come our way. Evidently, this is another one.

The paypal restriction is still on till we can break lose

https://www.change.org/petitions/paypal-remove-restriction-on-earning-of-paypal-holders-in-nigeria#invite

Pls, sign and invite at least 10 friends to sign
Re: Nigeria Can Now Send Money Out Via Western Union by tonjeola(m): 3:30am On Aug 19, 2014
Good one, we are getting close
Re: Nigeria Can Now Send Money Out Via Western Union by zheroes(m): 3:41pm On Jun 08, 2015
is this actually working? has anyone done it please kindly intimate me of fees and charges involved. thanks
Re: Nigeria Can Now Send Money Out Via Western Union by Nobody: 4:46pm On Jun 08, 2015
zheroes:
is this actually working? has anyone done it please kindly intimate me of fees and charges involved. thanks
yes it works
Re: Nigeria Can Now Send Money Out Via Western Union by eph12(m): 5:38pm On Jun 08, 2015
zheroes:
visit any fbn access gtb et al branch and they will tell you all you need to know.
Re: Nigeria Can Now Send Money Out Via Western Union by skyhighweb(m): 2:17pm On Jan 27, 2016
its not working
Re: Nigeria Can Now Send Money Out Via Western Union by PerfectFortune: 2:39pm On Jan 27, 2016
Great
Re: Nigeria Can Now Send Money Out Via Western Union by skyhighweb(m): 2:43pm On Jan 27, 2016
PerfectFortune:
Great
great that
Re: Nigeria Can Now Send Money Out Via Western Union by PerfectFortune: 7:19am On Jan 28, 2016
skyhighweb:
great that

That we can at least continue to do our micro business at relatively cheaper rate as against the killing bureau de change rates.

230 against 308 isn't that great?
Re: Nigeria Can Now Send Money Out Via Western Union by 3rdlegxxx(m): 7:10am On Feb 13, 2017
PerfectFortune:

That we can at least continue to do our micro business at relatively cheaper rate as against the killing bureau de change rates.

230 against 308 isn't that great?
lol check out the exchange rates now
Re: Nigeria Can Now Send Money Out Via Western Union by seanwilliam(m): 3:43am On Jun 24, 2022
eph12:

visit any fbn access gtb et al branch and they will tell you all you need to know.
hello brother

(1) (Reply)

How a Novice Started Making Money on Amazon KDP. / 7 Tips To Help You Profit More From Your Online Business / Dangote Donates N250 Million To 25000 Muslim Women In Minna Niger State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.