Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,803 members, 7,802,566 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 04:30 PM

The Term "Bastard" - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / The Term "Bastard" (1301 Views)

Ladies, What Do You Understand By The Term "Submission"? / Can The Term "Rape" Be Used Within Marriage / Is My Child A Bastard? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Term "Bastard" by chocolateme(f): 7:06pm On Aug 17, 2014
The use of that term "Bastard" has been there for decades, it is a term that depicts negativity, its not a friendly term and it is a choice of words mostly used by people even when they are oblivious of its meaning but just to mete out their anger.
It has diverse meanings. (a) an individual born by unmarried parents, an illegitimate child. (b) it is a vicious despicable word or slang used on a thoroughly disliked person.
Knowing one's parents even though they are unmarried, does it qualify one to be called a bastard or is it when you don't know either of one's parents? For me, Nobody is a bastard because everyone was conceived through the same course whether or not they know their parents, most people never knew their parents even before birth as a result of premature deaths, so cannot automatically be refereed to as bastards.
What's your opinion on this?
Re: The Term "Bastard" by Nobody: 7:24pm On Aug 17, 2014
You forgot
(c) A casted nigga grin

1 Like

Re: The Term "Bastard" by Nobody: 7:25pm On Aug 17, 2014
chocolateme: The use of that term "Bastard" has been there for decades, it is a term that depicts negativity, its not a friendly term and it is a choice of words mostly used by people even when they are oblivious of its meaning but just to mete out their anger.
It has diverse meanings. (a) an individual born by unmarried parents, an illegitimate child. (b) it is a vicious despicable word or slang used on a thoroughly disliked person.
Knowing one's parents even though they are unmarried, does it qualify one to be called a bastard or is it when you don't know either of one's parents? For me, Nobody is a bastard because everyone was conceived through the same course whether or not they know their parents, most people never knew their parents even before birth as a result of premature deaths, so cannot automatically be refereed to as bastards.
What's your opinion on this?

then u are a bastard!!
sorry oo i dont mean u dont know ur parents oo
i mean ur post is a bastard grin grin
Re: The Term "Bastard" by Nobody: 7:32pm On Aug 17, 2014
No child should be called bastard. It is offensive and those children are innocent.

1 Like

Re: The Term "Bastard" by thorpido(m): 8:00pm On Aug 17, 2014
You are a precious child irrespective of how you were born.

2 Likes

Re: The Term "Bastard" by KanwuliaJara: 8:08pm On Aug 17, 2014
Bastard get different grade o!

Grade 1\A+++ BAZZZAD. . .ORPHANS. . .no mother, no father! AYAKATA. . .aka ADOPTED KIDS! BABY FARM KIDS! BORN TROWAYScry

Grade 2 BAZZZARD. . . .Parents alive but living with relatives. . . BAZZZZADS BY POVERTY. . . DEAD PARENTS. . . LIVING WITH UNCLES AND AUNTS TO DO HOUSE-BOY AND HOUSE-GIRL. . . OR PART TIME ASSSSSSSAHWO WORK TO PAY SCHOOL FEES IN NOLLYWOOD OR OBIANO MUSIC ARTISTES!!! cheesy

Grade 3 BAZZZARD. . . .ONE PARENT MISSING IN ACTION. . . . Including those conceived immaculately, by SOME FUNKY HOLY GHOST BLOKOS. . .(i nor call any messiah name o)! grin SINGLE PARENT BAZZZZADS!!!! CHILDREN OF WIDOWS AND WIDOWERS!!! wink

Grade 4 BAZZZAD. . . .POLYGAMOUS RANCH BAZZZZADS! Only a DNA CAN DETERMINE OR ELIMINATE BOTH MOTHER AND FATHER FOR SURE. . . aka 'ABIOLA BAZZZADS'! cheesy

Grade 5 BAZZZAD. . . . By MAN OR GOD. . . . CHILDREN OF DIE-VORCED PARENTS!!!! AKA BAZZZADS AFTER MARRIAGE! cool

Sooooooooooooooo, in the final analysis WE ARE ALL BAXXXTARDS OR GONNA BE AT ONE POINT IN TIME!

AMEN? AMEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEN!!!

Will the real BAZZZZZZZZZZZZADS SAY 'AYE'. . . . AYEEEEEEEE!!!! cool

1 Like

Re: The Term "Bastard" by chocolateme(f): 8:12pm On Aug 17, 2014
tosscash1:

then u are a bastard!!
sorry oo i dont mean u dont know ur parents oo
i mean ur post is a bastard grin grin
this juvenile display of yours is the main reason why some individuals do call their fellows "Bastards"
Re: The Term "Bastard" by mumumugu(m): 8:20pm On Aug 17, 2014
I am proud to b a mumu bastard
Re: The Term "Bastard" by pickabeau1: 8:28pm On Aug 17, 2014
Bastard has a negative connotation.. but is being phased off

The focus is now on the mothers of these kids.. the babymama syndrome

2 Likes

Re: The Term "Bastard" by tpia1: 2:17am On Aug 18, 2014
the word bastard is used as an insult.

however, it is wrong to call someone a bastard if the circumstances of their birth are none of your business.

i'd say face your front and let the people concerned sort themselves out, ewo ni olugbeja on'ja.

2 Likes

Re: The Term "Bastard" by Nobody: 10:56am On Aug 18, 2014
You meant to say ‘Bad Start’ right? undecided

(1) (Reply)

Ways To Help Fathers Build Great Relationships With Their Kids / PHOTO:The Epic Response He Gave When She Asked Him To Leave / Abandoned Toddler Breastfed On Pregnant Dog's Milk.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.