Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,752 members, 7,802,306 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 12:13 PM

How Can You Marry Someone From An Ethnic Group You Claim To Hate? - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / How Can You Marry Someone From An Ethnic Group You Claim To Hate? (16047 Views)

Igbo Officially Recognized In Equatorial Guinea As An Ethnic Language / Anioma Is An Ethnic Group - Emeka Esogbue / The Igbos Are Probably Nigeria's Most Populous Ethnic Group? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Can You Marry Someone From An Ethnic Group You Claim To Hate? by zboyd: 12:51am On Aug 18, 2014
I once had a African-American neighbor that married a white woman but was very vocal about his hate toward white people. Once during a neighborhood block party, he got drunk and was ranting and raving about how much he hated white people and wished he could kill them all, while his white wife and their four kids stood there looking like they wanted the earth to open up and swallow them. When an AA neighbor asked why he married 'Becky', if he hated whites so badly, he told the neighbor to "Shut the hell up!" and swung on him. At that, his white wife gathered up all the kids and went home. A couple of months later, we found out she filed for divorce and eventually moved back to New York where her family lived. We never saw her or the kids again. He passed away about three years later from a massive heart attack.

Same thing with an Nigerian associate. He would go on and on about how he couldn't stand "akatas", made fun of their names, the way they spoke, how ignorant and uneducated they were and how his parents warned him about associating with them, on any level. So where is he now? Married to an 'akata' woman from Mississippi State, USA, for 18 years- father of seven awesome kids and going strong.

Lastly, one of my first cousins (AA) is married to a woman from Okinawa, Japan. Coming up, he hated all things Asian. If he went to a convenience store and saw an Asian cashier behind the counter or anywhere in the store, he would turn around and walk out. But now, he has been married to his Japanese wife for the last 15 years and they have five adorable children and dote on each other.

So...the question remains...

How can you marry someone from an ethnic group you claim to hate?

6 Likes

Re: How Can You Marry Someone From An Ethnic Group You Claim To Hate? by vicadex07(m): 12:54am On Aug 19, 2014
I guess they are just obsessed

7 Likes

Re: How Can You Marry Someone From An Ethnic Group You Claim To Hate? by Nobody: 1:02pm On Aug 19, 2014
You want to start americanizing your observations?

Why not start from Nigeria and notice the avowed Igbo haters and murdererers who have Igbo wives, girlfriends and fockbuddies? Some of these dickheads are all abound Nairaland boasting about their sexual conquests while instigating ebattles.

It's war booty psychology. To them getting the women is a means of asserting superiority. Notice that it is only men who indulge in this behaviour. Creepy a..ss muthafockers cheesy

38 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Can You Marry Someone From An Ethnic Group You Claim To Hate? by zboyd: 2:38pm On Aug 19, 2014
chulla12: You want to start americanizing your observations?

Why not start from Nigeria and notice the avowed Igbo haters and murdererers who have Igbo wives, girlfriends and fockbuddies? Some of these dickheads are all abound Nairaland boasting about their sexual conquests while instigating ebattles.

It's war booty psychology. To them getting the women is a means of asserting superiority. Notice that it is only men who indulge in this behaviour. Creepy a..ss muthafockers cheesy

From your experience, what generally happens when you 'tribalize' a thread on NL, especially when it pertains to the animosity harbored toward members of certain ethnic groups?

Example: Your response.

7 Likes

Re: How Can You Marry Someone From An Ethnic Group You Claim To Hate? by Nobody: 3:57pm On Aug 19, 2014
This thread is already ethnocentric by its very nature.

I was bringing your observation home to naija while answering your question. See the third paragraph of my first post here. cheesy

I didn't castigate any particular tribe though...was hammering some home truths that even Igbo haters will agree with.

Feel offended all you wish.

zboyd:

From your experience, what generally happens when you 'tribalize' a thread on NL, especially when it pertains to the animosity harbor toward members of certain ethnic groups?

Example: Your response.

15 Likes

Re: How Can You Marry Someone From An Ethnic Group You Claim To Hate? by zboyd: 5:26pm On Aug 19, 2014
chulla12: This thread is already ethnocentric by its very nature. I was bringing your observation home to naija while answering your question. See the third paragraph of my first post here. cheesy I didn't castigate any particular tribe though...was hammering some home truths that even Igbo haters will agree with. Feel offended all you wish.

1. Some people are weird like that...no matter the location.

2. A Naija man was also mentioned in the thread.

3. You say you "didn't castigate any particular tribe"?

Hmm...

castigate: 1. (transitive) to rebuke or criticize in a severe manner; chastise

Well, from my perspective, you DO seem to be indirectly castigating ANY ethnic group in Nigeria that you feel hate Igbos, consider Igbos murderers, d-ick heads, boastful s-xual opportunists, instigators of e-battles, consider Igbo women 'spoils of war' and creepy a..ss muthafockers, with the major perpetrators of this behavior- non-Igbo men.

4. Why would I feel offended about something I don't fully understand?

The closest I can come to understanding the animosity displayed between different Nigerian ethnic groups is a similar animosity displayed between some Mexicans and Central Americans and, a similar animosity displayed between West Indians from different Caribbean islands. With them, it's usually politically and socio-economically based hatred, reaching back centuries.

Btw...I see no reason for you to get snippy with me.

I'm no hater of ANY Nigerian ethnic group.

10 Likes

Re: How Can You Marry Someone From An Ethnic Group You Claim To Hate? by Nobody: 7:36pm On Aug 19, 2014
Haba...unless specific ethnic groups are intrinsically Igbo haters, my comments need not warrant your essay.

The moderate, level headed people have no reason to worry while Igbo haters will get the unvarnished truth on account of their vile attitudes.

Are other groups Igbo haters by default? No. I am far from being tribalist unless you express hatred.

Are you an Igbo hater? Yes? Then maybe you should digest the bitter truth.

No? Relax and take my posts as another penny for your observational thoughts.

If it don't apply, let it fly cheesy.

zboyd:

1. Some people are weird like that...no matter the location.

2. A Naija man was also mentioned in the thread.

3. You say you "didn't castigate any particular tribe"?

Hmm...

castigate: 1. (transitive) to rebuke or criticize in a severe manner; chastise

Well, from my perspective, you DO seem to be indirectly castigating ANY ethnic group in Nigeria that you feel hate Igbos, consider Igbos murderers, d-ick heads, boastful s-xual opportunists, instigators of e-battles, consider Igbo women 'spoils of war' and creepy a..ss muthafockers, with the major perpetrators of this behavior- non-Igbo men.

4. Why would I feel offended about something I don't fully understand?

The closet I can come to understanding the animosity displayed between different Nigerian ethnic groups is a similar animosity displayed between some Mexicans and Central Americans and, a similar animosity displayed between West Indians from different Caribbean islands. With them, it's usually politically and socio-economically based hatred, reaching back centuries.

Btw...I see no reason for you to get snippy with me.

I'm no hater of ANY Nigerian ethnic group.

14 Likes

Re: How Can You Marry Someone From An Ethnic Group You Claim To Hate? by 2cato: 7:41pm On Aug 19, 2014
I hate Yoruba people very much that i will never want them near me yet i am about to marry a Yoruba muslim gurl from kwara state

1 Like

Re: How Can You Marry Someone From An Ethnic Group You Claim To Hate? by 2cato: 7:42pm On Aug 19, 2014
I hate Yoruba people very much that i will never want them near me yet i am about to marry a (dirty) Yoruba muslim gurl from kwara state
Re: How Can You Marry Someone From An Ethnic Group You Claim To Hate? by anonymous6(f): 8:30pm On Aug 19, 2014
zboyd: I once had a African-American neighbor that married a white woman but was very vocal about his hate toward white people. Once during a neighborhood block party, he got drunk and was ranting and raving about how much he hated white people and wished he could kill them all, while his white wife and their four kids stood there looking like they wanted the earth to open up and swallow them. When an AA neighbor asked why he married 'Becky', if he hated whites so badly, he told the neighbor to "Shut the hell up!" and swung on him. At that, his white wife gathered up all the kids and went home. A couple of months later, we found out she filed for divorce and eventually moved back to New York where her family lived. We never saw her or the kids again. He passed away about three years later from a massive heart attack.

Same thing with an Nigerian associate. He would go on and on about how he couldn't stand "akatas", made fun of their names, the way they spoke, how ignorant and uneducated they were and how his parents warned him about associating with them, on any level. So where is he now? Married to an 'akata' woman from Mississippi State, USA, for 18 years- father of seven awesome kids and going strong.

Lastly, one of my first cousins (AA) is married to a woman from Okinawa, Japan. Coming up, he hated all things Asian. If he went to a convenience store and saw an Asian cashier behind the counter or anywhere in the store, he would turn around and walk out. But now, he has been married to his Japanese wife for the last 15 years and they have five adorable children and dote on each other.

So...the question remains...

How can you marry someone from an ethnic group you claim to hate?

1. Sometimes in genuine case's people fall in love in a community they hate and change, or change before they fall in love with the group they previously hated
2. Some people Like to have their cake and eat it to
3. Some people have psychological problems when it comes to hatred of other groups.

I have noticed that many in the African american community, especially with the men on youtube, their forums even media to a extent complain about white americans or other non-blacks and express hatred for them but are the first to marry and have children with whites; they tend to have this Pro-black/afrocentric mentality and are the first to call other blacks who don't have their mentality self haters(particularly foreign blacks) who majority of the time are married to their own Black people from their culture.

I think with Nigerians they tend to have a change of heart for the most part when they end up falling for someone of another tribe they hated before. However that "have your cake and eat it to" mentality(hate a group you marry to) I see in America, I don't see it with Nigerians but in America it's not only with african americans, many white americans and other races have it, just check Youtube, and etc where non-black americans will sleep with african americans, have children with them, brag about it, then trash them at the same time with hateful rants.

2 Likes

Re: How Can You Marry Someone From An Ethnic Group You Claim To Hate? by ChristyG(f): 10:47pm On Aug 19, 2014
chulla12: Haba...unless specific ethnic groups are intrinsically Igbo haters, my comments need not warrant your essay.

The moderate, level headed people have no reason to worry while Igbo haters will get the unvarnished truth on account of their vile attitudes.

Are other groups Igbo haters by default? No. I am far from being tribalist unless you express hatred.

why are so emotional,this topic has nothing to do with ibo yet u found a way to bring it into d thread.as of d ibo haters on dis forum,yes we ave them but is is not one sided as u ibos aint saints either.u hate on other ethnic groups and call them all sorts of names as it is very dominant in politics section.so stop all dese victim bullsh1t,u guys hate on others too(if not more).so it is tit fot tat

14 Likes

Re: How Can You Marry Someone From An Ethnic Group You Claim To Hate? by Nobody: 10:54pm On Aug 19, 2014
Wow, what is it with people taking offense to what I said?

I don't see how my quote would bother you unless you are a male with a fetish for sleeping with Igbo girls as a means of acting out against Igbos. At best marrying them or at worst calling them ashawos.

Are you such a male? No? Then chill the Bleep out.

The id...iots I am referring to know themselves.

ChristyG: why are so emotional,this topic has nothing to do with ibo yet u found a way to bring it into d thread.as of d ibo haters on dis forum,yes we ave them but is is not one sided as u ibos aint saints either.u hate on other ethnic groups and call them all sorts of names as it is very dominant in politics section.so stop all dese victim bullsh1t,u guys hate on others too(if not more).so it is tit fot tat

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Can You Marry Someone From An Ethnic Group You Claim To Hate? by zboyd: 11:24pm On Aug 19, 2014
chulla12: Haba...unless specific ethnic groups are intrinsically Igbo haters, my comments need not warrant your essay.

Sorry...too much negative energy...not good!

I don't understand ethnic hatred...and I don't want to understand it

Carry on, mate!

5 Likes

Re: How Can You Marry Someone From An Ethnic Group You Claim To Hate? by zboyd: 11:43pm On Aug 19, 2014
anonymous6:

1. Sometimes in genuine case's people fall in love in a community they hate and change, or change before they fall in love with the group they previously hated
2. Some people Like to have their cake and eat it to
3. Some people have psychological problems when it comes to hatred of other groups.

I have noticed that many in the African american community, especially with the men on youtube, their forums even media to a extent complain about white americans or other non-blacks and express hatred for them but are the first to marry and have children with whites; they tend to have this Pro-black/afrocentric mentality and are the first to call other blacks who don't have their mentality self haters(particularly foreign blacks) who majority of the time are married to their own Black people from their culture.

I think with Nigerians they tend to have a change of heart for the most part when they end up falling for someone of another tribe they hated before. However that "have your cake and eat it to" mentality(hate a group you marry to) I see in America, I don't see it with Nigerians but in America it's not only with african americans, many white americans and other races have it, just check Youtube, and etc where non-black americans will sleep with african americans, have children with them, brag about it, then trash them at the same time with hateful rants.

Very true!

Very weird!

I once knew a Naija man who was married to an Australian woman. She was the worst of wives. She was nasty, slovenly, neglected the kids, cheated on him and even abused him...yet he stayed. But...during an argument, she called him a nigger...and that was it for him. He divorced her and was granted sole custody of his three children.

Oh well...

1 Like

Re: How Can You Marry Someone From An Ethnic Group You Claim To Hate? by Nobody: 12:03am On Aug 20, 2014
zboyd:

Sorry...too much negative energy...not good!

I don't understand ethnic hatred...and I don't want to understand it

Carry on, mate!

Ha! Ok sorry sir. I was just contributing my quota to the thread.

Abeg no vex. kiss

Let's bury the hatchet.
Re: How Can You Marry Someone From An Ethnic Group You Claim To Hate? by anonymous6(f): 12:42am On Aug 20, 2014
zboyd:
Very true!
Very weird!
I once knew a Naija man who was married to an Australian woman. She was the worst of wives. She was nasty, slovenly, neglected the kids, cheated on him and even abused him...yet he stayed. But...during an argument, she called him a nigger...and that was it for him. He divorced her and was granted sole custody of his three children.
Oh well...

wow it takes something big to make someone go 360 and the "N" was that for him, to finally cut ties with his wife. I'm glad the kids stayed with the dad, imagine the kids growing up with a person like that and the environment. The courts did a good decision

3 Likes

Re: How Can You Marry Someone From An Ethnic Group You Claim To Hate? by CAMNEWTON4PRES: 2:57am On Aug 20, 2014
Chulla is right

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Can You Marry Someone From An Ethnic Group You Claim To Hate? by Nobody: 3:41am On Aug 20, 2014
CAMNEWTON4PRES: Chulla is right

Someone who sees where I'm coming from, at least.

4 Likes

Re: How Can You Marry Someone From An Ethnic Group You Claim To Hate? by zboyd: 10:01am On Aug 20, 2014
anonymous6:

wow it takes something big to make someone go 360 and the "N" was that for him, to finally cut ties with his wife. I'm glad the kids stayed with the dad, imagine the kids growing up with a person like that and the environment. The courts did a good decision

Agreed!

I also knew an mixed Naija/AA man who was with his White girlfriend for 3 years, engaged and planning a big church wedding. They got into a HUGE argument over the cost of the wedding.

In the midst of the argument, he said she shouted at him: "See, my parents told me not to marry a nigger, because they're low-class and cheap as hell!"

WHOA!!!

Well...he said he saw red, slapped the taste out of her mouth, grabbed her hand, snatched off the engagement ring, called off the wedding and told her to kiss his natural-born black azz. He did get a misdemeanor assault ticket for $536 dollars though, but he said he didn't care. It was worth it. Even better, knowing that he had avoided the biggest mistake of his life. No more white women for him. lol

6 Likes

Re: How Can You Marry Someone From An Ethnic Group You Claim To Hate? by CAMNEWTON4PRES: 1:52pm On Aug 20, 2014
Those I the reasons I can't marry a white woman or non African -black woman, if I don't call her pig .she will definitively call me a nigger and zambe only knows what I'm going to do to her...

In few words , stick to your race, and stop polluting our bloodline

8 Likes

Re: How Can You Marry Someone From An Ethnic Group You Claim To Hate? by anonymous6(f): 6:43pm On Aug 20, 2014
zboyd:
Agreed!
I also knew an mixed Naija/AA man who was with his White girlfriend for 3 years, engaged and planning a big church wedding. They got into a HUGE argument over the cost of the wedding.
In the midst of the argument, he said she shouted at him: "See, my parents told me not to marry a nigger, because they're low-class and cheap as hell!"
WHOA!!!
Well...he said he saw red, slapped the taste out of her mouth, grabbed her hand, snatched off the engagement ring, called off the wedding and told her to kiss his natural-born black azz. He did get a misdemeanor assault ticket for $536 dollars though, but he said he didn't care. It was worth it. Even better, knowing that he had avoided the biggest mistake of his life. No more white women for him. lol

lol, wow lucky he found out now then after he married and had kids, that would have been worse. People really need to watch out who they go out with and potentially marry, sometimes people let butterflies get into their head and miss the warning signs.

7 Likes

Re: How Can You Marry Someone From An Ethnic Group You Claim To Hate? by khia: 10:04pm On Mar 09, 2015
-
Re: How Can You Marry Someone From An Ethnic Group You Claim To Hate? by pleep(m): 12:51am On Mar 10, 2015
First story is really sad. Damn
Re: How Can You Marry Someone From An Ethnic Group You Claim To Hate? by wildchild1: 11:48am On Mar 10, 2015
I dont hate anybody,so I can marry from any ethnic group I love

5 Likes

Re: How Can You Marry Someone From An Ethnic Group You Claim To Hate? by OgaTheTop2: 11:48am On Mar 10, 2015
Why must we even hate

3 Likes

Re: How Can You Marry Someone From An Ethnic Group You Claim To Hate? by Nobody: 11:48am On Mar 10, 2015
undecided

I WILL SAY THIS AND KEEP SAYING IT, IF YOU WANT PEACE OF MIND AND A HAPPY MARITAL LIFE STAY AWAY FROM NIGERIAN WOMEN IRRESPECTIVE OF THE TRIBE. NIGERIAN GIRLS ARE LIKE A VISA TO EARLY GRAVE. THEY ARE HARD TO PLEASE, THEY ARE MONEY HUNGRY, THEY HAVE NO MANNERS, THEIR HYGIENE IS TERRIBLE, THEY ARE PROMISCUOS, THEY ARE INTELLECTUALLY BEHIND COMPARED TO FOREIGN LADIES. THE NEW TREND AMONG NIGERIAN WOMEN IS TO KILL THEIR HUSBAND OR BURN HIS DICK. THEY ARE HEARTLESS AND MARRYING THEM IS LIKE A SUICIDE MISSION. STAY AWAY FROM NIGERIAN WOMEN.

#TEAM FOREIGN GIRLS cool

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Can You Marry Someone From An Ethnic Group You Claim To Hate? by slap1(m): 11:49am On Mar 10, 2015
I belong to the Human race. I hate no ethnic group.

4 Likes

Re: How Can You Marry Someone From An Ethnic Group You Claim To Hate? by Built2last: 11:49am On Mar 10, 2015
ok
Re: How Can You Marry Someone From An Ethnic Group You Claim To Hate? by GodMode: 11:49am On Mar 10, 2015
For religious people its wrong.

But since I'm not religious.

Yes if she's more beautiful than cococandy And also respects me...

2 Likes

Re: How Can You Marry Someone From An Ethnic Group You Claim To Hate? by youptel: 11:49am On Mar 10, 2015
never

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

What Tribe Do You Like Best And Why? / Ndokwa People Of Delta: Interestd In Finding Out More of ur Background & Culture / Ifa Council Suspends Isese Festival In Ilorin

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.