Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,252 members, 7,780,531 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 03:58 PM

How Can You Marry Someone From An Ethnic Group You Claim To Hate? - Culture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / How Can You Marry Someone From An Ethnic Group You Claim To Hate? (16010 Views)

Igbo Officially Recognized In Equatorial Guinea As An Ethnic Language / Anioma Is An Ethnic Group - Emeka Esogbue / The Igbos Are Probably Nigeria's Most Populous Ethnic Group? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Can You Marry Someone From An Ethnic Group You Claim To Hate? by FemiFaniKayode: 11:51am On Mar 10, 2015
i CANNOT!!!!! but i can eat their forbidden fruit like i did with the lady of the warlord and Ezegburugburu of Igboland grin grin

4 Likes

Re: How Can You Marry Someone From An Ethnic Group You Claim To Hate? by pak: 11:52am On Mar 10, 2015
Both love and hate are very strong emotions and can easily be mistaken for each other.

If the object of your love (or admiration) is beyond reach, you subconsciously try to suppress the love and hence your hurt by masking it as hate.

That's why it's dangerous to date someone just walking out of a relationship and still has strong hate emotions towards the ex - it's the love still playing itself out.

Also, humans generally LOVE to conquer what we HATE

That's why you see ladies falling for reckless, womanizing, sweet talking unreliable young men - they actually hate this quality, but LOVE the thrill of conquering someone who epitomizes it.
And you see serious minded conservative young men falling for flashy, shallow girls - simple they hate these qualities but subconsciously LOVE the power trip of getting girls like that.

Really, homo sapiens are very complex set of beings undecided

5 Likes

Re: How Can You Marry Someone From An Ethnic Group You Claim To Hate? by Cutehector(m): 11:53am On Mar 10, 2015
Since marriage is not only abt marryn d lady involved cuz u get to marry d entire family and relations and get to interact wit her people buh since u really dnt like her people den how can u say u love her.. So its not a good idea marryn someone who u reAly hate her tribe

8 Likes

Re: How Can You Marry Someone From An Ethnic Group You Claim To Hate? by excellentmomma(f): 11:55am On Mar 10, 2015
God is using it to teach them a lesson and how to love His creatures. I see it happen a lot. So if u don't want to marry from there, don't hate. Lolzz!
Re: How Can You Marry Someone From An Ethnic Group You Claim To Hate? by kingthreat(m): 11:55am On Mar 10, 2015
I hate no ethnic group. This is an inappropriate topic

1 Like

Re: How Can You Marry Someone From An Ethnic Group You Claim To Hate? by free2ryhme: 11:56am On Mar 10, 2015
zboyd:
I once had a African-American neighbor that married a white woman but was very vocal about his hate toward white people. Once during a neighborhood block party, he got drunk and was ranting and raving about how much he hated white people and wished he could kill them all, while his white wife and their four kids stood there looking like they wanted the earth to open up and swallow them. When an AA neighbor asked why he married 'Becky', if he hated whites so badly, he told the neighbor to "Shut the hell up!" and swung on him. At that, his white wife gathered up all the kids and went home. A couple of months later, we found out she filed for divorce and eventually moved back to New York where her family lived. We never saw her or the kids again. He passed away about three years later from a massive heart attack.

Same thing with an Nigerian associate. He would go on and on about how he couldn't stand "akatas", made fun of their names, the way they spoke, how ignorant and uneducated they were and how his parents warned him about associating with them, on any level. So where is he now? Married to an 'akata' woman from Mississippi State, USA, for 18 years- father of seven awesome kids and going strong.

Lastly, one of my first cousins (AA) is married to a woman from Okinawa, Japan. Coming up, he hated all things Asian. If he went to a convenience store and saw an Asian cashier behind the counter or anywhere in the store, he would turn around and walk out. But now, he has been married to his Japanese wife for the last 15 years and they have five adorable children and dote on each other.

So...the question remains...

How can you marry someone from an ethnic group you claim to hate?

if you wan go marry go marry no dey ask us yeye question for nairaland
Re: How Can You Marry Someone From An Ethnic Group You Claim To Hate? by mrtimycc(m): 11:58am On Mar 10, 2015
Anamachi ifem m yi bu versace cheesy

2 Likes

Re: How Can You Marry Someone From An Ethnic Group You Claim To Hate? by Orikinla(m): 12:01pm On Mar 10, 2015
I don't hate any ethnic tribe.

We don't choose our parents.
We don't choose our tribes.
We don't choose our races.
But we can choose our beliefs and we can choose our lifestyles.
Ignorance kills intelligence.
Ignorance is the cause of the intolerance destroying humankind.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Can You Marry Someone From An Ethnic Group You Claim To Hate? by genevieve12(f): 12:01pm On Mar 10, 2015
I really do dislike the characters and attitude of the yorubas,funny enough I speak yoruba fluently I even speak some core ijebu,ondo and ekiti languages,I decided to put in all my best to learning the language because they are so tribalistic and abusive also insultive I guess,n funny enough I only come across the yoruba mEn who seem to be very caring but because of my natural dislike for them I just tell them sorry mi o le fe omo yoruba as simple as that,I prefere the hausa 's to them and am igbo.

5 Likes

Re: How Can You Marry Someone From An Ethnic Group You Claim To Hate? by owobokiri(m): 12:04pm On Mar 10, 2015
once the abunna is good, i am ready to go..

1 Like

Re: How Can You Marry Someone From An Ethnic Group You Claim To Hate? by Nobody: 12:06pm On Mar 10, 2015
why should I dislike a human being like moi ?
I think marriage should based more on facts and not baseless fallacy.

2 Likes

Re: How Can You Marry Someone From An Ethnic Group You Claim To Hate? by Preternatura1(f): 12:07pm On Mar 10, 2015
I don't hate anybody.

Hate is a really strong word/emotion, it can drive one insane, why put yourself at risk of such? Not worth it at all.

1 Like

Re: How Can You Marry Someone From An Ethnic Group You Claim To Hate? by ThoniaSlim(f): 12:09pm On Mar 10, 2015
Its more or less like finding love in a hopeless place. smiley
Re: How Can You Marry Someone From An Ethnic Group You Claim To Hate? by Ilekeh(f): 12:09pm On Mar 10, 2015
I stopped taking yeye Yoruba haters serious when I found out that many of them are married to Yorubas or dating one.

3 Likes

Re: How Can You Marry Someone From An Ethnic Group You Claim To Hate? by Menace2Society(m): 12:13pm On Mar 10, 2015
Trash undecided
Re: How Can You Marry Someone From An Ethnic Group You Claim To Hate? by myramiliassi: 12:14pm On Mar 10, 2015
G00gle pay 85$ per hour my last pay check was about 8 gran working 100 hours a week online. My younger brother friend has been averaging 12gran for months now and he works about 22 hours a week. I cant believe how easy it was once I tried it out. This is what I do
cashbay20.comONLY
do not include "ONLY"
Re: How Can You Marry Someone From An Ethnic Group You Claim To Hate? by Richy4(m): 12:14pm On Mar 10, 2015
God has a very good sense of humor.
Way back, I said I did not like a certain university. That was were I ended up.

God please I don't want to serve in Bayelsa state. I hated water. That was where yours truly was parcel to.

God don't let plumpy lady come my way, na wetin I dey see now. Most with good heart. The type you can take to mama.

I have resolved never to voice out what I do not like. Because it will show up at my door step.

9 Likes

Re: How Can You Marry Someone From An Ethnic Group You Claim To Hate? by zendy: 12:16pm On Mar 10, 2015
Let me give you an example. We Igbos naturally hate Hausas (generally anyone from the north) for obvious reasons. It is almost unheard of to hear about an Igbo man marrying a Hausa girl. I however do remember a Hausa girl called Hauwa who was born and raised in Enugu who had been to the north. As a child,she resented being called 'Nwa-Hausa' (Hausa child) and regarded her self Igbo although anyone could see she wasn't Igbo from her very dark skin tone which Igbos usually don't have. Hauwa grew up to be a strikinly beautiful girl who had several Igbo suitors long before she turned 21.
Re: How Can You Marry Someone From An Ethnic Group You Claim To Hate? by Gozzzy(m): 12:16pm On Mar 10, 2015
zboyd:
I once had a African-American neighbor that married a white woman but was very vocal about his hate toward white people. Once during a neighborhood block party, he got drunk and was ranting and raving about how much he hated white people and wished he could kill them all, while his white wife and their four kids stood there looking like they wanted the earth to open up and swallow them. When an AA neighbor asked why he married 'Becky', if he hated whites so badly, he told the neighbor to "Shut the hell up!" and swung on him. At that, his white wife gathered up all the kids and went home. A couple of months later, we found out she filed for divorce and eventually moved back to New York where her family lived. We never saw her or the kids again. He passed away about three years later from a massive heart attack.

Same thing with an Nigerian associate. He would go on and on about how he couldn't stand "akatas", made fun of their names, the way they spoke, how ignorant and uneducated they were and how his parents warned him about associating with them, on any level. So where is he now? Married to an 'akata' woman from Mississippi State, USA, for 18 years- father of seven awesome kids and going strong.

Lastly, one of my first cousins (AA) is married to a woman from Okinawa, Japan. Coming up, he hated all things Asian. If he went to a convenience store and saw an Asian cashier behind the counter or anywhere in the store, he would turn around and walk out. But now, he has been married to his Japanese wife for the last 15 years and they have five adorable children and dote on each other.

So...the question remains...

How can you marry someone from an ethnic group you claim to hate?

I cannever marry from Yoruba!!!!!!! I cant bear having a dirty wife! angry angry angry angry

2 Likes

Re: How Can You Marry Someone From An Ethnic Group You Claim To Hate? by Preternatura1(f): 12:22pm On Mar 10, 2015
Orikinla:
I don't hate any ethnic tribe.

We don't choose our parents.
We don't choose our tribes.
We don't choose our races.
But we can choose our beliefs and we can choose our lifestyles.
Ignorance kills intelligence.
Ignorance is the cause of the intolerance destroying humankind.
Thank you.

Seriously this place gets scary sometimes, I'm appalled reading some of the comments here, many sound crazy.

3 Likes

Re: How Can You Marry Someone From An Ethnic Group You Claim To Hate? by Nobody: 12:22pm On Mar 10, 2015
Nairaland!!!!!!!

Now everybody knows someone that knows someone hmmm.
Re: How Can You Marry Someone From An Ethnic Group You Claim To Hate? by jameeel: 12:23pm On Mar 10, 2015
Ofcurse yes. Love is in the air
Re: How Can You Marry Someone From An Ethnic Group You Claim To Hate? by mmsen: 12:26pm On Mar 10, 2015
You want to start americanizing your observations?

Why not start from Nigeria and notice the avowed Igbo haters and murdererers who have Igbo wives, girlfriends and fockbuddies? Some of these dickheads are all abound Nairaland boasting about their sexual conquests while instigating ebattles.

It's war booty psychology. To them getting the women is a means of asserting superiority. Notice that it is only men who indulge in this behaviour. Creepy a..ss muthafockers cheesy

Not true that it is only men.

A lot of misguided and foolish women out there too.

I say we leave such people to destroy themselves. Unfortunately there are often children involved and they have my sympathy.

1 Like

Re: How Can You Marry Someone From An Ethnic Group You Claim To Hate? by Nobody: 12:27pm On Mar 10, 2015
some yorubas have that much of a phat bumbum too hard to ignore grin grin grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Can You Marry Someone From An Ethnic Group You Claim To Hate? by UncleJudax(m): 12:28pm On Mar 10, 2015
zboyd:

Sorry...too much negative energy...not good!

I don't understand ethnic hatred...and I don't want to understand it

Carry on, mate!

If you don't want to understand tribal hatred, why then did you create this thread?
You pretty much knew that this will come down to an e-war between the three major tribes in Nigeria.
These are trying times, tribalism should be the least of our problems.
Let there be tolerance.

2 Likes

Re: How Can You Marry Someone From An Ethnic Group You Claim To Hate? by VANHELLSING: 12:29pm On Mar 10, 2015
It is forbidden in IGBOLAND to marry from loose cannon & promiscuous yoruba tribe, that marries 4 husband before their are 35 cool tongue

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Can You Marry Someone From An Ethnic Group You Claim To Hate? by FemiFaniKayode: 12:29pm On Mar 10, 2015
genevieve12:
I really do dislike the characters and attitude of the yorubas,funny enough I speak yoruba fluently I even speak some core ijebu,ondo and ekiti languages,I decided to put in all my best to learning the language because they are so tribalistic and abusive also insultive I guess,n funny enough I only come across the yoruba mEn who seem to be very caring but because of my natural dislike for them I just tell them sorry mi o le fe omo yoruba as simple as that,I prefere the hausa 's to them and am igbo.

Yea you cant marry them, thats why they will continue to to vanderlize your [/b]IGBIN[b] so tey that Hausa man go lost inside
Re: How Can You Marry Someone From An Ethnic Group You Claim To Hate? by Nobody: 12:33pm On Mar 10, 2015
The truth is that no one has a really genuine reason to hate any tribe or race. Its just hearsay and prejudices. When people get to know a particular person from a so called hated tribe to be different from what they believed to be true, they re forced to eat their words.

4 Likes

Re: How Can You Marry Someone From An Ethnic Group You Claim To Hate? by sisisioge: 12:34pm On Mar 10, 2015
Oga, where the heart is concern defiles all logic...may we all choose right.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

The Future Of Igbo Highlife Music / What Tribe Do You Like Best And Why? / New Yam Festival Among Igbos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.