Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,566 members, 7,809,066 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:09 PM

Adam's 60 Cubit Height Claim: Fact Or Theological Error - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Adam's 60 Cubit Height Claim: Fact Or Theological Error (7650 Views)

Saudi Crane Crash: Deceased And Victims Families To Receive 60 Million Each / Shaykh Adam Abdullah Al-ilory / "Islamic Theological Schools Of Thought"-English Lecture (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Adam's 60 Cubit Height Claim: Fact Or Theological Error by true2god: 7:41am On Aug 18, 2014
Many muslims do not know that their hadith claimed that Adam was 60 cubic tall. However few muslims that had come accross that claim had spent considerable time and energy trying to proove the possibility of Adam being that tall as at the time he was created.

I would like muslims to proove, using facts aside quran and hadith, that their is a 100% possibility that Adam was that tall, as claimed by the hadith and the koran. This will help clear-up this gray area and also justify the compatibility of the quran\hadith with modern science.
Re: Adam's 60 Cubit Height Claim: Fact Or Theological Error by tbaba1234: 7:58am On Aug 18, 2014
You mean the same hadith that say Adam was 60 cubits tall in the heavens?

Adam’s height was 60 cubits in the Paradise according to the hadith and it does not say anything about his height after he landed on this planet.

Scholars like Imam Abu al-‘Abbas al-Qurtubi (died, 1273) and lately Shaykh Anwar Shah al-Kashmiri support this position.

This is an explanation from a scholar:

sixty cubits was the height of Adam in the Paradise and when he fell from it he became short and to this day of ours his children have not ceased to be on almost the same (short) height. And they will return to their original height when they go back to Paradise

- Mufti Taqi Usmani (Usmani, Muhammad Taqi, Takmila Fath al-Mulhim, Vol.6, p.158)

based on the hadith.

In Jannah, we will be that big.

And Allah knows best.

The hadith:

Allah's Apostle said, "The first group of people who will enter Paradise, will be glittering like the full moon and those who will follow them, will glitter like the most brilliant star in the sky. They will not urinate, relieve nature, spit, or have any nasal secretions. Their combs will be of gold, and their sweat will smell like musk. The aloes-wood will be used in their centers. Their wives will be houris. All of them will look alike and will resemble their father Adam (in statute), sixty cubits tall in the heavens."

(Sahih Bukhari, Book 55 Hadith 544)

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Adam's 60 Cubit Height Claim: Fact Or Theological Error by tbaba1234: 8:07am On Aug 18, 2014
true2god: Many muslims do not know that their hadith claimed that Adam was 60 cubic tall. However few muslims that had come accross that claim had spent considerable time and energy trying to proove the possibility of Adam being that tall as at the time he was created.

I will like you to explain this verse too:

New International Version
"Yet I destroyed the Amorites before them, though they were tall as the cedars and strong as the oaks. I destroyed their fruit above and their roots below.(Amos 2:9)

6 Likes

Re: Adam's 60 Cubit Height Claim: Fact Or Theological Error by Empiree: 8:26am On Aug 18, 2014
Chei, true2god will be 60 cubits tall in afterlife. Isnt that wonderful? How tall are you now, 5'5?

5 Likes

Re: Adam's 60 Cubit Height Claim: Fact Or Theological Error by tbaba1234: 8:49am On Aug 18, 2014
90% of this guy's topics are about Islam or muslims... Talk about obsession..

7 Likes

Re: Adam's 60 Cubit Height Claim: Fact Or Theological Error by malvisguy212: 8:59am On Aug 18, 2014
tbaba1234:

"Yet I destroyed the Amorites before them, though they were tall as the cedars and strong as the oaks. I destroyed their fruit above and their roots below.(Amos 2:9)

this is judgment on isreal,God is tellin isreal, what he did to the giant [readGenesis 6:1–4] that is what he will do to them if they did not stop worshiping the idols,he will destroy them as he destroyed the giant in genesis.
If you read genesis 6:1-4. The giant are the sons of falling angels.
Re: Adam's 60 Cubit Height Claim: Fact Or Theological Error by Empiree: 9:00am On Aug 18, 2014
tbaba1234: 90% of this guy's topics are about Islam or muslims... Talk about obsession..

I know right. They love islam theology. They know it's the truth but there is a dark spot somewhere in their heart preventing them. Example are those Atheists fellas.

5 Likes

Re: Adam's 60 Cubit Height Claim: Fact Or Theological Error by tbaba1234: 9:24am On Aug 18, 2014
malvisguy212: this is judgment on isreal,God is tellin isreal, what he did to the giant [readGenesis 6:1–4] that is what he will do to them if they did not stop worshiping the idols,he will destroy them as he destroyed the giant in genesis.
If you read genesis 6:1-4. The giant are the sons of falling angels.

Ok thanks.

Do angels procreate or they only procreate when they are fallen?? Do they have descendants?

Are they male and female angels or do they adopt gender when they fall?

Do fallen angels still have the ability to procreate again? How come we do not have giants as tall as cedars anymore?

I understand satan is a fallen angel in christianity.

4 Likes

Re: Adam's 60 Cubit Height Claim: Fact Or Theological Error by malvisguy212: 9:37am On Aug 18, 2014
tbaba1234:

Ok thanks.

Do angels procreate or they only procreate when they are fallen?? Do they have descendants?

Do fallen angels still have the ability to procreate again? How come we do not have giants as tall as cedars anymore?

if you read the story in genesis, you will understand, the giant are not the fallen angel, THE GIANT ARE THE SON'S OF THE FALLEN ANGEL. The reason non of there root are alive is because God wipe out there entire generation with the flood,it is because of there wickedness God send down the flood.
Re: Adam's 60 Cubit Height Claim: Fact Or Theological Error by tbaba1234: 9:42am On Aug 18, 2014
malvisguy212: if you read the story in genesis, you will understand, the giant are not the fallen angel, THE GIANT ARE THE SON'S OF THE FALLEN ANGEL. The reason non of there root are alive is because God wipe out there entire generation with the flood,it is because of there wickedness God send down the flood.

I understood you the first time

The sons mean, there was intercourse to produce them. It means fallen angels procreate.

The questions are still valid.

tbaba1234:
Ok thanks.

5 Likes

Re: Adam's 60 Cubit Height Claim: Fact Or Theological Error by malvisguy212: 10:12am On Aug 18, 2014
tbaba1234:

I understood you the first time

The sons mean, there was intercourse to produce them. It means fallen angels procreate.

The questions are still valid.

fallen angels still have the power to procreate,I don't want to go deep on this, but I will just drop some hint.

In the old testament, the fallen angels has the liberty to walk freely on the earth,read the story of job, you will know this, satan moves to and fro around the earth,why did God allow satan to do this?because after the fall of adam, God did not communicate with man again, He only send his prophet to deliver his message, but because satan walk to and fro on the earth, the children of isreal don't listen to the word of God,for God to communicate with man, He need to transform himself in the realm of human through jesus,the death and resurrection of jesus changes everytin,satan cannot walk on the earth freely now because the spirit of truth, the comforter dwell in us. Even if satan want to procreate again as he did before, he will not have the liberty to do that. Let me stop here.
Re: Adam's 60 Cubit Height Claim: Fact Or Theological Error by true2god: 10:20am On Aug 18, 2014
tbaba1234: You mean the same hadith that say Adam was 60 cubits tall in the heavens?

Adam’s height was 60 cubits in the Paradise according to the hadith and it does not say anything about his height after he landed on this planet.

Scholars like Imam Abu al-‘Abbas al-Qurtubi (died, 1273) and lately Shaykh Anwar Shah al-Kashmiri support this position.

This is an explanation from a scholar:

sixty cubits was the height of Adam in the Paradise and when he fell from it he became short and to this day of ours his children have not ceased to be on almost the same (short) height. And they will return to their original height when they go back to Paradise

- Mufti Taqi Usmani (Usmani, Muhammad Taqi, Takmila Fath al-Mulhim, Vol.6, p.158)

based on the hadith.

In Jannah, we will be that big.

And Allah knows best.

The hadith:

Allah's Apostle said, "The first group of people who will enter Paradise, will be glittering like the full moon and those who will follow them, will glitter like the most brilliant star in the sky. They will not urinate, relieve nature, spit, or have any nasal secretions. Their combs will be of gold, and their sweat will smell like musk. The aloes-wood will be used in their centers. Their wives will be houris. All of them will look alike and will resemble their father Adam (in statute), sixty cubits tall in the heavens."

(Sahih Bukhari, Book 55 Hadith 544)
Does any other source, aside the hadith, confirm this story?
Re: Adam's 60 Cubit Height Claim: Fact Or Theological Error by tbaba1234: 10:30am On Aug 18, 2014
malvisguy212: fallen angels still have the power to procreate,I don't want to go deep on this, but I will just drop some hint.

This is the relevant part.

So they choose not to produce giants anymore??

6 Likes

Re: Adam's 60 Cubit Height Claim: Fact Or Theological Error by tbaba1234: 10:34am On Aug 18, 2014
true2god: Does any other source, aside the hadith, confirm this story?

The Quran makes it clear that we will be new creatures in paradise.

7 Likes

Re: Adam's 60 Cubit Height Claim: Fact Or Theological Error by Empiree: 10:37am On Aug 18, 2014
malvisguy212: fallen angels still have the power to procreate,I don't want to go deep on this, but I will just drop some hint.

Muslims dont believe in idea of fallen Angels. Angels are created from light. Angels have no free will. Satan(Iblis) was created from smoke(fire). Satan has free will like humans. Angels do not disobey God. They worship Him around the clock.

21:20
They exalt [Him] night and day [and] do not slacken.

Sura 18:50
Sahih International
And [mention] when We said to the angels, "Prostrate to Adam," and they prostrated, except for Iblees. [b]He was of the jinn [/b]and departed from the command of his Lord. Then will you take him and his descendants as allies other than Me while they are enemies to you? Wretched it is for the wrongdoers as an exchange.

5 Likes

Re: Adam's 60 Cubit Height Claim: Fact Or Theological Error by true2god: 10:43am On Aug 18, 2014
tbaba1234:

The Quran makes it clear that we will be new creatures in paradise.
You never answered my questiom. I asked if there is any other source, aside the quran, that supported quranic claim of Adam's 90 feet tall.

1 Like

Re: Adam's 60 Cubit Height Claim: Fact Or Theological Error by Rilwayne001: 10:47am On Aug 18, 2014
true2god: You never answered my questiom. I asked if there is any other source, aside the quran, that supported quranic claim of Adam's 90 feet tall.

You need to shine your brain grin grin

4 Likes

Re: Adam's 60 Cubit Height Claim: Fact Or Theological Error by tbaba1234: 10:50am On Aug 18, 2014
true2god: You never answered my questiom. I asked if there is any other source, aside the quran, that supported quranic claim of Adam's 90 feet tall.

Actually, I did.

The Quran tells us, we will have a different form in paradise.

The hadith give us one of the features.

Islam is taken from both sources.

6 Likes

Re: Adam's 60 Cubit Height Claim: Fact Or Theological Error by Rilwayne001: 10:52am On Aug 18, 2014
tbaba1234:

Actually, I did.

The Quran tells us, we will have a different form in paradise.

The hadith give us one of the features.

Islam is taken from both sources.

Dont mind that dulllard jare

4 Likes

Re: Adam's 60 Cubit Height Claim: Fact Or Theological Error by Empiree: 10:52am On Aug 18, 2014
Rilwayne001:

You need to shine your brain grin grin

Dont pay him no mind. Sometimes they should be ignored. He and Cloudstar have been bothering LagosShia on the other thread for days now over 90 feet (60 cubits). They want scientific evidence.

4 Likes

Re: Adam's 60 Cubit Height Claim: Fact Or Theological Error by Rilwayne001: 10:55am On Aug 18, 2014
Empiree:

Dont pay him no mind. Sometimes they should be ignored. He and Cloudstar have been bothering LagosShia on the other thread for days now over 90 feet (60 cubits). They want scientific evidence.
Exactly, have been following the other thread where you'v been argueing with them. i just feel like why dont you just ignore these loons

4 Likes

Re: Adam's 60 Cubit Height Claim: Fact Or Theological Error by tbaba1234: 10:57am On Aug 18, 2014

I also asked you a question in case you forgot

tbaba1234:

4 Likes

Re: Adam's 60 Cubit Height Claim: Fact Or Theological Error by vedaxcool(m): 11:10am On Aug 18, 2014
If this was a wrestling match thaba's move looked something like this, one hand na im thaba take destroy this thread!

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Adam's 60 Cubit Height Claim: Fact Or Theological Error by Rilwayne001: 11:20am On Aug 18, 2014
vedaxcool: If this was a wrestling match thaba's move looked something like this, one hand na im thaba take destroy this thread!

grin grin true

6 Likes

Re: Adam's 60 Cubit Height Claim: Fact Or Theological Error by Empiree: 11:31am On Aug 18, 2014
vedaxcool: If this was a wrestling match thaba's move looked something like this, one hand na im thaba take destroy this thread!

grin grin grin You wont stop making me laugh bro. You like Art or is it actually your profession or hobby?

3 Likes

Re: Adam's 60 Cubit Height Claim: Fact Or Theological Error by abuhalima(m): 11:40am On Aug 18, 2014

na serious knockout!...simple,clear-cut explanations, yet they fail to comprehend...SMH

4 Likes

Re: Adam's 60 Cubit Height Claim: Fact Or Theological Error by true2god: 11:43am On Aug 18, 2014
All responses so far had only been from Islamic sources without any external collaboration.

It is quite interesting that muslims do not believe in evolution (nor do I), in whatever form, but are quick to accept a human-to-human evolution with respect to the size of Adam. This just like what we watch in fantsasy movies, fictional stories.

In the next couple of minutes I will do a more robust response, presently meeting deadline on task in the office.
Re: Adam's 60 Cubit Height Claim: Fact Or Theological Error by true2god: 11:50am On Aug 18, 2014
Rilwayne001:

Dont mind that dulllard jare
I am more intelligent than you think, no boast. I am not sure you will do better if both of us are place on the same academic pedastal.

We are sharing ideas and equally arguing theological case that has no scientific backing whatsoever. Be civil when dealing with an anonymous, I have had the opportunity to hook-up with a nairalander and share business ideas.

Thank you!
Re: Adam's 60 Cubit Height Claim: Fact Or Theological Error by tbaba1234: 11:59am On Aug 18, 2014
true2god:

It is quite interesting that muslims do not believe in evolution (nor do I), in whatever form, but are quick to accept a human-to-human evolution with respect to the size of Adam. This just like what we watch in fantsasy movies, fictional stories.

What are you talking about? Who has spoken anything about evolution?

Does evolution happen in heaven too? Going off topic..

Smh..

Again, my question:

tbaba1234:
Re: Adam's 60 Cubit Height Claim: Fact Or Theological Error by Rilwayne001: 12:53pm On Aug 18, 2014
true2god: I am more intelligent than you think, no boast. [s] I am not sure you will do better if both of us are place on the same academic pedastal. [/s]

We are sharing ideas and equally arguing theological case that has no scientific backing whatsoever. Be civil when dealing with an anonymous, I have had the opportunity to hook-up with a nairalander and share business ideas.

Thank you!

Despite the fact that you claimed to be more intelligent, you couldnt comprehend the simple explanation addressed to you so far on this thread. Even a primary school pupil would comprehend the explanation, but your hatred for islam has blinded you, better still it has blocked your brain from understanding the explanation.

That was why i said you have to shine your brain, stop hating, wake up from your delusions and stop creating threads to attack islam, you cant just come here and display your ignorance when you know you will never understand explanation on them.

He already told you that the Quran tells us, we will have a different form in paradise and the hadith give us one of the feature. i wonder what is soo hard to understand here.

3 Likes

Re: Adam's 60 Cubit Height Claim: Fact Or Theological Error by malvisguy212: 12:56pm On Aug 18, 2014
tbaba1234:

This is the relevant part.

So they choose not to produce giants anymore??

absolutely, because they cannot walk on the earth, this is time of the spirit of truth,when the rapture take place,all the saint including the spirit of truth will leave this earth,then satan will have to do whatever he wish to do, he may procreate, this is were the great tribulation begin. But now AS LONG AS THE CHILDREN OF GOD IS IN THE EARTH, SATAN HAS NO CHANCE TO PROCREATE.the children OF God IS the reason the spirit of truth is IN THE earth right now, but when the rapture happen, all the saint are taken,then satan will continue were he stop from the time of jesus death and resurrection.
Re: Adam's 60 Cubit Height Claim: Fact Or Theological Error by malvisguy212: 1:02pm On Aug 18, 2014
Empiree:

Muslims dont believe in idea of fallen Angels. Angels are created from light. Angels have no free will. Satan(Iblis) was created from smoke(fire). Satan has free will like humans. Angels do not disobey God. They worship Him around the clock.

21:20
They exalt [Him] night and day [and] do not slacken.

Sura 18:50
Sahih International
And [mention] when We said to the angels, "Prostrate to Adam," and they prostrated, except for Iblees. [b]He was of the jinn [/b]and departed from the command of his Lord. Then will you take him and his descendants as allies other than Me while they are enemies to you? Wretched it is for the wrongdoers as an exchange.
you do not know what you are saying, I don't want to go deep here, anyway thank you for your time.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Ramadhan Kareem / Tafwees: The Cure For Depression / Envy (hasad) And How Its Evils Can Warded Off From The One Who Is Envied

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.