Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,316 members, 7,808,067 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:29 AM

Who Is Currently The Richest Man In Nigeria? - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Who Is Currently The Richest Man In Nigeria? (228026 Views)

10 Money Tips You Should Learn From The Richest Man In Africa, Aliko Dangote / Dangote Is World's 43rd Richest Man - Forbes / Who Is The Richest Man In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who Is Currently The Richest Man In Nigeria? by tuk2me(m): 11:25am On Nov 15, 2006
I think Chief Harry Akande is the richest with over 400 compaines all over the world. Check his records.
Re: Who Is Currently The Richest Man In Nigeria? by Hugoboi(m): 11:33am On Nov 15, 2006
Talk about the likes of Femi Otedola, That guy really has it.More like a mix of donald trump and Sean "Diddy" combs in Naija.
Re: Who Is Currently The Richest Man In Nigeria? by rocs: 12:46pm On Nov 15, 2006
Re: Who Is Currently The Richest Man In Nigeria? by vizion: 12:01pm On Nov 22, 2006
if adenuga is worth usd 1.8 billion then i'm not sure he is the richest in nigeria
as far back as 1998, mohammed abacha was worth over USD 2 billion, not to talk of the other cash that they have not seen
have u talked about former finance minister antony ani that abacha gave over 300 million dutch marks for a weekend because he said he was broke
or former minister of petroleum dan etete
Re: Who Is Currently The Richest Man In Nigeria? by nosa101(f): 1:33pm On Nov 22, 2006
There us no African billionaire so squash that Adenuga talk
Re: Who Is Currently The Richest Man In Nigeria? by candylips(m): 10:48pm On Nov 22, 2006
substract 25% from the amout he collects per week that is his net pay after tax. Although people that earn that much might pay higher tax than that
Re: Who Is Currently The Richest Man In Nigeria? by emmydee(m): 12:07pm On Nov 24, 2006
Hey guys. Mikel's N14m weekly is chicken change and it's heavily taxed. d real guys earn up to N50m daily. rich guys money is calculated per second. most of them earn as high as N15 per second. in this vein, lets not talk about thieves and non thieves. No footballer makes the top 20! I know about Alhaji A.A. Chanchangi, jim ovia, Bishop Oyedepo, Alh. Abdusalami Abubarkar, Jeremaih Useni, Cosmos Maduka, Goodie & Alex Ibru, Dan Etiete, Orji Uzo Kanu, Peter Okocha, Asagba of Asaba, (Alh. Mohammed Abacha is a small boy even Alh. Mohammed Babangida is richer than him at the moment) Alhadji Bature & Shiekh Isiaku Rabiu. U can't hide wealth but u can hide money! These guys are wealthy but not the top 10 riechest.

A lot of these rich guys are chairmen of many top ranking firms including banks, telecoms, insurance, airlines, oil, construction etc.
for me, the list should be:

Harry Akande- chicago based oil magnet
IBB- maradona
Deinde Fernandez- far back investment icon
Aliko Dangote- biz egghead
Aminu Dantata- godfather
Mike Adenuga-millenium biz guru
Uncle himself, OBJ- examplary farmer
Ooni of Ife, Ade Siju Ade- gem stone icon
Chief Arthur Nzeribe- arms deal eagle
Atiku Abubarkar- privatization stronghold
Barr. Jimo Ibrahim-21st century investor

all their income is calculated per second not per week! None earns less than N10 per second. Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Who Is Currently The Richest Man In Nigeria? by vizion: 3:14pm On Nov 27, 2006
sholly007:

Hi guys,

Then he will be making how much in ONE YEAR ( When 54weeks make a Year)

That is 54 x 14,700,000 = 793, 800,000 Million naira

what model/brand of calendar do you use

mine has 52 weeks per year and not 54weeks per year
Re: Who Is Currently The Richest Man In Nigeria? by tbone5: 9:31pm On Jan 08, 2007
Happy new year to you, this t. bone , It mike adenuga
Re: Who Is Currently The Richest Man In Nigeria? by 4Play(m): 10:35pm On Jan 08, 2007
The richest Nigerian is probably IBB

All these others like Adenuga are only fronting bizs for ex-military men like IBB
Re: Who Is Currently The Richest Man In Nigeria? by kimba(m): 10:45pm On Jan 08, 2007
what about the source of the riches?

does it matter?

if it doesnt, then we dont want to know what they have coz how they got it is of more value.
Re: Who Is Currently The Richest Man In Nigeria? by niyooo(m): 11:21am On Jan 09, 2007
Na wah 4 una o!!!! Una no go carry una brain dey thing ow una go make una billions una go dey take am calculate another person o sad. Anyway sha watch out for me cos na me be the potentially richest Nigerian wey dey alive now. grin
Re: Who Is Currently The Richest Man In Nigeria? by hawee: 3:12pm On Jan 10, 2007
i think one should talk about those that get there money through "legitimate" means
Realy Dangote and Adenuga will top the chart
they are masters!
Re: Who Is Currently The Richest Man In Nigeria? by 4Play(m): 8:15pm On Jan 10, 2007
@hawee

How do u know either of them are not fronting businesses for other people?

Let me put it this way,if u are an ex-govt official,like IBB or Gowon,u don't run a business in your name

U get others to run the biz in their name

i t is impossible to tell whether the various bizs run by Dangote or Adenuga are not fronts for ex-military men
Re: Who Is Currently The Richest Man In Nigeria? by 9ja4eva: 6:19am On Mar 27, 2007
My humble self.
Re: Who Is Currently The Richest Man In Nigeria? by 9ja4eva: 7:16am On Apr 01, 2007
I am also a major player in my field.
Re: Who Is Currently The Richest Man In Nigeria? by tafari(m): 9:39am On Apr 01, 2007
Alhaji Aliko Dangote still remains the richest man!
Re: Who Is Currently The Richest Man In Nigeria? by osegwu(m): 10:17am On Apr 01, 2007
Arthur Nzeribe after me
Re: Who Is Currently The Richest Man In Nigeria? by ckenneths(m): 2:14pm On Apr 01, 2007
Ill vote for Dangote the guy is pure dynamite !
Re: Who Is Currently The Richest Man In Nigeria? by 9ja4eva: 8:40am On Apr 02, 2007
What of Otedola?
Re: Who Is Currently The Richest Man In Nigeria? by TheOne2(m): 1:40pm On Apr 02, 2007
Check out Kase Lawal Of CAMAC. The guy is made big time!!
Re: Who Is Currently The Richest Man In Nigeria? by 9ja4eva: 7:27pm On Apr 02, 2007
Hmm dunno d guy oh.9ja gat so many rich people anyway.
Re: Who Is Currently The Richest Man In Nigeria? by TheOne2(m): 9:25pm On Apr 02, 2007
9ja4eva

check out

http://www.africaresource.com/content/view/147/181/

http://www.whartonglobal.com/wgbf2004/africa/kaselawal.asp

This is one guy you know how he got his money. He's the type of rich Nigerian we should all be celebrating!

Cheers all!
Re: Who Is Currently The Richest Man In Nigeria? by 9ja4eva: 8:57am On Apr 03, 2007
Thanks for d links.Is someone forgetting Deinde Fernadez too?
Re: Who Is Currently The Richest Man In Nigeria? by samsilo(m): 12:58am On May 24, 2007
Dangote group daily turnover,excess of 200million Naira-Verifiable.
South Atlantic petroluem-TY Danjuma ,paid $4billion 2006 by chinese national oil company for off shore wells-verifiable
Mike Otedola,Zennon oil
Mike Adenuga(?front man)
Loads more, and others mentioned already
But for straight out and clear source of income it has to be Aliko Dangote(no looters considered)
Re: Who Is Currently The Richest Man In Nigeria? by Iman3(m): 1:19am On May 24, 2007
samsilo:

But for straight out and clear source of income it has to be Aliko Dangote(no looters considered)

On what basis is this confidence in the source of Dangote's wealth based?
Re: Who Is Currently The Richest Man In Nigeria? by samsilo(m): 10:52am On May 24, 2007
@ I Man.The  2 sources I noted as verifiable.
  1. Unless you are one of those who believes only fantasy and rumoursonly,or do not keep track of developments in your environment.
you would know That Aliko Dangote was a multimillionaire at 19yrs(1978-79) courtesy of his cement business started with a few million naira(as at then N1=$1) loaned to him by his uncle Aminu Dantata.
A few years back directors of Union Bank went to visit Dantata at home in Kano and it was on the bank Calender,clearly stating he was their biggest customer and depositor in the north.
Ever heard of Dantata group or Dantata and Sowoe construction company?

The guy has become richer than Dantata because of his connection to governments over the years, getting  favourable conditions for his business.This happens all over the world but maybe not as freely as Nigeria.

2.I also said the South Atlantic petroluem owned by T Y Danjuma was paid $4 billion Last year by CNOOC as verified by no other than the Chinese president when he came to Nigeria last year.
Nigerians do not like reading otherwise you would be better informed.
Try and read more.
Re: Who Is Currently The Richest Man In Nigeria? by dejacrue: 9:17pm On May 25, 2007
if u r lookin from d angle of biz interest cut across d globe u could say someone like IBB is d richest but lookin at those within nig n their biz interest is in nig here, i'll give up 2 Dangote(3.4bn) followed by adenuga(1.8bn) n otedola(1.2bn)
Re: Who Is Currently The Richest Man In Nigeria? by dblock(m): 4:56am On May 26, 2007
Correction, Dangote is worth 8 Billion US dollars
Re: Who Is Currently The Richest Man In Nigeria? by nosa101(f): 6:37pm On May 27, 2007
dblock:

Correction, Dangote is worth 8 Billion US dollars
And you saw this where?
Re: Who Is Currently The Richest Man In Nigeria? by fromuk(m): 8:31pm On May 27, 2007
If his worth is $8busd why is he not in forbes list rich guys.
Re: Who Is Currently The Richest Man In Nigeria? by GNature(m): 12:01am On May 28, 2007

If his worth is $8busd why is he not in forbes list rich guys.

Good question.

Well, Forbes refuses to list individuals that it cannot verify their source of wealth. There are lots of people worldwide not recognized by forbes, but this doesn't mean they are not worth billions of dollars. Aliko Dangote is one of these people.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Pure Water Biz(Discuss) / Lotto Forecast (sure Game) / Do It Yourself Importation Guide Free

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.