Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,769 members, 7,798,571 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 06:04 AM

SES & CWG Launches New Digital Tv Platform For West Africa - Satellite TV Technology - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / SES & CWG Launches New Digital Tv Platform For West Africa (1980 Views)

New Digital Satellite Mpeg4 Finder/ Cctv Monitor / Turksat Starts Channels For West Africa / Free Satellite Channels Receivable In Nigeria/west Africa/africa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

SES & CWG Launches New Digital Tv Platform For West Africa by donaremu(m): 2:56pm On Aug 18, 2014
SES & CWG announced on the 13th of August, 2014, the launch of a new digital TV platform for West Africa on SES's ASTRA 2F satellite at 28.2 degrees East. This independent and neutral TV platform in Nigeria will be the country's first free-to-air (FTA) DTH digital TV platform and provide the opportunity for broadcasters to reach millions of satellite homes in West Africa which are pointing their dishes to 28.2 degrees East. Besides providing additional growth opportunities for local and international broadcasters, the platform could be used to quicken the pace of digital migration. The platform provides end-to-end contribution, ground and space services to local, regional, national and international TV broadcasters across West Africa. SES will be providing the space segment and specific ground services, while CWG will be managing the teleport services as an SES partner teleport operator, providing high operational standards.
The service will start in September 2014. The 28.2 degrees East orbital position is SES's prime orbital position for West Africa and its FTA reach is one of the highest in the region. Today, SES already transmits 28 FTA channels at the 28.2 degrees East neighbourhood.
See more at: http://www.ses.com/4233325/news/2014/19828721#sthash.UrYKlRZj.dpuf[/left]
The SES Television platform will be the country’s first free-to-air (FTA) DTH digital TV platform.
According to Theodore Asampong, SES sales Director, Africa, “All that the subscriber is required to pay for is the cost of acquiring a decoder and installing a dish to receive broadcast signals. After this, they will have access to all channels available on the platform, without subscription
fees”.
Re: SES & CWG Launches New Digital Tv Platform For West Africa by sammu(m): 3:04pm On Aug 19, 2014
U mean this is coming out of nigeria? Am dancing azonto already. I pray the powers -that -be will not hinder this in Jesus Name, Amen.
Re: SES & CWG Launches New Digital Tv Platform For West Africa by irukandji89(m): 9:24am On Aug 31, 2014
If they can do it in Ghana, I hope they can do it in Nigeria also.
Re: SES & CWG Launches New Digital Tv Platform For West Africa by Nobody: 12:19pm On Aug 31, 2014
September is here,let's see what they've got to offer.Viva FTA
Re: SES & CWG Launches New Digital Tv Platform For West Africa by miju(m): 12:37pm On Sep 01, 2014
i am waiting anxiously for the signals to beam in
Re: SES & CWG Launches New Digital Tv Platform For West Africa by Nobody: 2:26pm On Sep 29, 2014
September go finish 2mao oooooo.
Re: SES & CWG Launches New Digital Tv Platform For West Africa by astanco(m): 8:54am On Sep 30, 2014
I only see tps that are not even red when I blindscan. I hope this is not another nigacomsat
Re: SES & CWG Launches New Digital Tv Platform For West Africa by Nobody: 4:10pm On Sep 30, 2014
astanco: I only see tps that are not even red when I blindscan. I hope this is not another nigacomsat
Lolz
Re: SES & CWG Launches New Digital Tv Platform For West Africa by astanco(m): 7:01pm On Sep 30, 2014
[quote author=okoegualek]lolz. I meant are red,not even green
Re: SES & CWG Launches New Digital Tv Platform For West Africa by Nobody: 10:37am On Oct 07, 2014
Naija self,na waooooo.Still expecting lolz

(1) (Reply)

How To Install C-band LNB On A Satellite Dish Antenna / Dstv Hd Pvr 2p Decoder (new) For Swap Or Sales / Bein Sports Coverage

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.