Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,938 members, 7,799,179 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 04:35 PM

My Experience In NAFDAC Office - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / My Experience In NAFDAC Office (1401 Views)

20 Things Nigerians May Experience In 2016 Under Buhari’s Govt, By Fayose / My 7 hours Experience In A Filling Station Today (pics) / Dora Akunyili As Adulterated As The Fake Drug She Was Battling Against In Nafdac (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Experience In NAFDAC Office by kessel: 7:21pm On Aug 18, 2014
Goodday everyone, i had an experience that has left me traumatized since today,i felt so frustrated and annoyed with this country and i sough for what to do to ease off so i decided to come and pour my experience here and have you people advice me accordingly and if possible guide me through.
I have been researching in a business that involved production of edible foods and i just finished school and decided to venture into it full time. Because i want to be a law abiding citizen i decided to visit NAFDAC office to know about the process of getting. Registration number for the finished product. And this people gave me a long list of requirements that i may never meet up with in the next one year. I told the man that am a fresh graduate that i was only going into this in s small scale if there was any other way out for the small scale businesses and he told me no way out.this people actually asked me i must employ 4 people and have a 4room building for factory before they can come over for inspection,imagine me employing 4people and renting a 4room for a business am starting with less than 200k.i became so angry that am asking you my people. Is it that starting up a business in nigeria, you must pay through your nose,would it have been better for me to start my business and forget them maybe for now.somebody please tell me what to do about this
Re: My Experience In NAFDAC Office by Nobody: 7:36pm On Aug 18, 2014
Well that's their policy...
And you want to go into production alone, with no employees? Hian!

2 Likes

Re: My Experience In NAFDAC Office by lekkie073(m): 7:53pm On Aug 18, 2014
kessel: Goodday everyone, i had an experience that has left me traumatized since today,i felt so frustrated and annoyed with this country and i sough for what to do to ease off so i decided to come and pour my experience here and have you people advice me accordingly and if possible guide me through.
I have been researching in a business that involved production of edible foods and i just finished school and decided to venture into it full time. Because i want to be a law abiding citizen i decided to visit NAFDAC office to know about the process of getting. Registration number for the finished product. And this people gave me a long list of requirements that i may never meet up with in the next one year. I told the man that am a fresh graduate that i was only going into this in s small scale if there was any other way out for the small scale businesses and he told me no way out.this people actually asked me i must employ 4 people and have a 4room building for factory before they can come over for inspection,imagine me employing 4people and renting a 4room for a business am starting with less than 200k.i became so angry that am asking you my people. Is it that starting up a business in nigeria, you must pay through your nose,would it have been better for me to start my business and forget them maybe for now.somebody please tell me what to do about this
u r d one making a mistake. if u wanna start edible products on a small scale, don't bother with branding. brand ur product when u r ready to start relatively big. the moment u want to brand a food product, nafdac wahala must show face. how many suya u don see wey get nafdac number? grin

2 Likes

Re: My Experience In NAFDAC Office by Nobody: 7:56pm On Aug 18, 2014
Well, that is to guard against substandard products. But you can start small without NAFDAC registration and register later when you must have entrenched the business.

1 Like

Re: My Experience In NAFDAC Office by MrSinister(m): 8:03pm On Aug 18, 2014
kessel: Goodday everyone, i had an experience that has left me traumatized since today,i felt so frustrated and annoyed with this country and i sough for what to do to ease off so i decided to come and pour my experience here and have you people advice me accordingly and if possible guide me through.

What exactly do you want to produce?
Re: My Experience In NAFDAC Office by Nobody: 8:06pm On Aug 18, 2014
lekkie073: u r d one making a mistake. if u wanna start edible products on a small scale, don't bother with branding. brand ur product when u r ready to start relatively big. the moment u want to brand a food product, nafdac wahala must show face. how many suya u don see wey get nafdac number? grin
I pray the OP sees the wisdom in your post
Re: My Experience In NAFDAC Office by kessel: 8:07pm On Aug 18, 2014
Sincere9gerian: Well, that is to guard against substandard products. But you can start small without NAFDAC registration and register later when you must have entrenched the business.
Thank you very much for your advice, but please tel me how to start something like milled rice(rice flour) with a label on it and no nafdac no,can it sale? And wont they(nafdac) com after me because these are what actually made me thought of getting there reg.no..thanks
Re: My Experience In NAFDAC Office by kessel: 8:11pm On Aug 18, 2014
lekkie073: u r d one making a mistake. if u wanna start edible products on a small scale, don't bother with branding. brand ur product when u r ready to start relatively big. the moment u want to brand a food product, nafdac wahala must show face. how many suya u don see wey get nafdac number? grin
This product is actually supposed to be processed and sent to supermarkets,please advice me how to do that without calling their attention and still get my target clients,i believe branding is when the product is neatly packaged and sealed with the product name and info on it(please correct me if am wrong as am still learning. Thanks)
Re: My Experience In NAFDAC Office by Nobody: 8:15pm On Aug 18, 2014
But can you actually engage in production of good quality rice flour without those basic requirements? I thought you wanted to produce other less demanding food products which could be distributed through informal markets.
Re: My Experience In NAFDAC Office by lekkie073(m): 8:18pm On Aug 18, 2014
kessel:
This product is actually supposed to be processed and sent to supermarkets,please advice me how to do that without calling their attention and still get my target clients,i believe branding is when the product is neatly packaged and sealed with the product name and info on it(please correct me if am wrong as am still learning. Thanks)
the only thing I can tell u is DAT if u r not ready to start on a large scale production , do not brand. BTW, if u r planning to supply up to 10 supermarkets , then its no more small scale production. so therefore, nafdac must chop
Re: My Experience In NAFDAC Office by kobikwelu(m): 8:20pm On Aug 18, 2014
Unfortunately, that is the requirement. Since you are looking at packaging EDIBLE foods and selling it in supermarkets there is no two ways about it.
Besides, no reasonable supermarket would sell your goods that have no NAFDAC number, as it would put their business at risk
Re: My Experience In NAFDAC Office by kessel: 8:21pm On Aug 18, 2014
lekkie073:
the only thing I can tell u is DAT if u r not ready to start on a large scale production , do not brand. BTW, if u r planning to supply up to 10 supermarkets , then its no more small scale production. so therefore, nafdac must chop
Nawa ooh

(1) (Reply)

Adesina: How FG Ended 40 Years, N800bn Fertilizer Scam In 90 Days / Ejizu, Ayeni, Others Acquire Ascot Offshore For N16bn From AMCON. / President Jonathan Beating The Talking Drum (gangan) – Photo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.