Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,498 members, 7,781,501 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 03:38 PM

Good News!! Four More Ebola Patients Discharged – Health Minister - Health (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Good News!! Four More Ebola Patients Discharged – Health Minister (30386 Views)

US Commends Nigeria As Four More Ebola Patients Are Discharged / Lagos Ebola Patients Neglected,critically Ill – Relatives,colleagues / American Ebola Patients Saved With A "Secret Serum" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Good News!! Four More Ebola Patients Discharged – Health Minister by slimthugchimee(m): 11:11am On Aug 19, 2014
kayustones: Pls Show us pictures or at least get into details of how they were cured. We are tired of lies or half truths. Who are these people trying to impress? The media should tell us the whole truth and lets know where we are heading!
We need an over reaction to this ebola matter on ground in order to check its spread (i pray it would spread no further). If it will take shutting our boarders from neighbouring countries, lets do it. If it takes halting most commercial or industrial activities across the country for some days, let do it. Enough is enough to all this show we are putting up.
dude you are very dumb even the common aids Nigerians discriminate like hell, do you want to ruin the peoples life's do you know the kind of discrimination they will get from people. I hope you know many of them will choose not be shown in tv. yoga pls
Re: Good News!! Four More Ebola Patients Discharged – Health Minister by aylaLynCoope: 11:22am On Aug 19, 2014
with your roots and herbs you have enveloped my frown face with smile, slung to stand,tube tie burned alive, i used your herbs and root according to the instruction given it materialized,i have conceive now,from letter A-z can't speak how joyful i'm. contact him via on facebook (Oduduwa Ajakaye)
Re: Good News!! Four More Ebola Patients Discharged – Health Minister by adediamond07(m): 11:27am On Aug 19, 2014
Glory be to God!!!
we are reaching there
Re: Good News!! Four More Ebola Patients Discharged – Health Minister by Nobody: 11:42am On Aug 19, 2014
Where are they photos. Unconfirmed reports.
Re: Good News!! Four More Ebola Patients Discharged – Health Minister by Deepfreezer(m): 11:46am On Aug 19, 2014
good news.
Re: Good News!! Four More Ebola Patients Discharged – Health Minister by Nobody: 11:52am On Aug 19, 2014
--

1 Like

Re: Good News!! Four More Ebola Patients Discharged – Health Minister by Sunshinelady(f): 12:53pm On Aug 19, 2014
rapsodeep: Good stuff. I believe These recoverie are spiritual, not medical. Ebola does not have a cure yet. Zmapp sef isnt trustworthy
. True! It was my prayers God answered, I made a special prayer 4dem on 15th August (feast of Assumption 4 catholics). Thank u Jesus, Thank u BVM

1 Like

Re: Good News!! Four More Ebola Patients Discharged – Health Minister by Sunshinelady(f): 12:54pm On Aug 19, 2014
stinggy: This too shall pass!
. Am tellin u, we may not hav Zmapp but we hav God
Re: Good News!! Four More Ebola Patients Discharged – Health Minister by bamite(m): 12:56pm On Aug 19, 2014
There's a saying"speak it and you'll achieve it"
we've always called ourselves the giant of africa
i guess its bginin 2manifest.
proudly 9ja..fvck BH and corrupt politicians
great people great nation!!
Re: Good News!! Four More Ebola Patients Discharged – Health Minister by bosun11(m): 1:00pm On Aug 19, 2014
abatically:

There is no known cure yet. Early treatment is the best chance at survival, not wait until the virus manifests and then the immune system shuts down.

how come the ebola patients were discharged man ? what was the remedy ?
Re: Good News!! Four More Ebola Patients Discharged – Health Minister by bosun11(m): 1:02pm On Aug 19, 2014
crudedude:

Bros it was barely 1am as at the time of this your post. mods them be human being o. no be bat dey there.

lol...i still maintain what i said...as at now...e never still enter FP....so whats the difference ?
Re: Good News!! Four More Ebola Patients Discharged – Health Minister by Nobody: 1:08pm On Aug 19, 2014
bosun11:

how come the ebola patients were discharged man ? what was the remedy ?
People do survive based on the strength of their immune system. It's not a magic disease. The body can defeat it.
Re: Good News!! Four More Ebola Patients Discharged – Health Minister by stinggy(m): 1:25pm On Aug 19, 2014
Sunshinelady: . Am tellin u, we may not hav Zmapp but we hav God
Yes ooo
Let 'em Go&Die with their overrated Zmapp..
We've been through worse times, it will only make us stronger!
Re: Good News!! Four More Ebola Patients Discharged – Health Minister by ttmacoy: 1:27pm On Aug 19, 2014
Alexas58:
i think we are far better than the US...they think if they dnt give us zmapp,we wont tackle d situation at hand..hit like if you agree with me

Can you guys think before typing? You claim US didn't want to give zmapp and completely ignore the fact they had only 8 serums which have since been given to the Liberia. I'm so sorry but the ignorance on nairaland is ridiculous. Why do you think a Nigerian with 12 cases deserves th few serums over Liberia as Sierra Leone with hundreds of cases?

You arw so bent on blaming others that you actually overlook the silly announcements and actions of the fire and in the process encourage an ineffective government.

The FDA was right to warn against Nano Silver which you guys have wholeheartedly claimed as your invention which is false. And when America refused the serum they explained they didn't have enough as it is not yet at commercial production level but you would rather believe every cock and bull story
I blame the government for not giving clear concise information which would avoid all the conspiracy theories all over the place. I hope those affected recover, but this crisis just shows what a difficult place Nigeria is to rule. People so gullible to believe every stupid story and deliberately avoid e truth. Wonder why your leaders are the way they are?

1 Like

Re: Good News!! Four More Ebola Patients Discharged – Health Minister by Konquest: 2:43pm On Aug 19, 2014
ojekof: Let's not forget to thank God for the current minister for health, he's working very hard on this situation. If u look at his face at press conference, u see enough stress. The last minister for health of this kind was Eyitayo Lambo.

@ojekof

I'm surprised that you are refering to this minister of health called Onyebuchi Chuckwu as a hard working[sic].
This is a celebration of mediocrity!

I consider this current minister of health to be highly incompentent - his pronouncements on the Nano Silver which has been in use
abroad are highly inconsistent and incoherent!

This man lied to and deceived Nigerians and Prof. Onyebuchi Chukwu and the Federal Government led by GEJ allowed ebola into Nigeria via Murtala Mohd. International Aiport [which is a FEDERAL or NATION gateway] because this same minister of health had earlier falsely assured Nigerians on AIT, Channels TV, TVC and NTA network news as far back as April and May 2014 that the Government had put in place neccessary measures to prevent EBOLA from getting into Nigeria!

In a very unpresidential manner, Goodluck Jonathan was shown on international television [such as BBC Television] trying to DIVERT ATTENTION from taking RESPONSIBILITY by referring to Patrick Sawyer as a "MAD MAN." If the FG led by Jonathan had been pro-active enough and the Health Minister who should be assisting President Jonathan with information had "imagination and foresight" ebola would NOT have entered Nigeria, despite the fact that a LOT of TV stations in Nigeria, medical practitioners and Nigerians had called on the Federal Government - led by Prof. Onyebuchi Chukwu's Ministry of Health to be proactive as far back as March/April 2014.

If an armed robbers or TERRORISTS write a letters to a residential areas indicating that they are coming for a raid, would people
just sit down hoping nothing potential murderers and rapists would come to wreck havoc? It would be STUPID of anyone to take such threats lightly!

We still have Lassa Fever which kills in 10-12 days from the time of infection to deal with since the first discovery in Nigeria [Lassa Vilage] in 1969 to deal with.

[b]Prof. Onyebuchi Chukwu repeated the same LIE when he came back from Ghana in mid-July 2014 after having a meeting with the West African sub-region Health Ministers shortly after ebola broke out in Guinea in February 2014. This guy [who was born in April 1962] and his Ministry of Health team that travelled to Ghana collected estacodes and I'm surprised that some people have allowed themselves to be seduced into thinking that he is doing a good work now simply because he started running HELTER SKELTER [up and down] after allowing ebola into Nigeria!

Infact in a SANE society Nigerias minister of Health would have been sacked based on his false assurances to Nigerians months
before ebola hit Lagos! The Nigerian Government is GUILTY and should NOT blame Patrick Sawyer for anything and should take responsibility
and pay FULL COMPENSATIONS to First Consultants Hospital and the families of those 4 Nigerians who displayed gallantry and died in Nigeria of Ebola Virus.

With all the money Nigeria has - if Onyebuchi Chukwu and his team had put in place Isolation Centres with thermographs and body scanners for detecting body temperature above 37 degrees centigrade at strategic locations such as the International Airports and the main land borders, Patrick Sawyer would have been detected on time and those gallant Nigerians who died would NOT have died from ebola infection!
Port Harcourt International Airport as I type this is still NOT properly equipped for any ebola detection or Isolation Centres - yet Nigerian Federal Government is showing off by giving over $3million to Guinea, Liberia and Sierra Leone to combat ebola![It is good to give or share if YOU can but take care of yourself first]. [/b]

I will say that The First Consultant Medical Centre Team in Obalende, Ikoyi [Doctors, Matron, Nurses], LUTH and The Redeemers University Team led by Prof Christian Happi that accurately detected Ebola 3-4 days after Patrick Sawyer first arrived Lagos, Nigeria on Sunday 20th July 2014, Governor Fashola of Lagos, Dr. Jide Idris Commissioner of Health of Lagos state and the other doctors, nurses and volunteers in the front line at Mainland hospital are the REAL PEOPLE to thank for a job well done!

As of August 16th 2014, Vanguard quotes Fashola as saying:
"Fashola laments that Lagos State WAS YET to RECEIVE the experimental Ebola drug (Nano Silver)
and A KOBO out of the N1.9 billion Federal Government intervention fund."

==>> http://www.vanguardngr.com/2014/08/ebola-nigerians-blasts-us-fda-for-calling-its-experimental-drug-pesticide

Pictured: Alleged First Nigerian to defeat Ebola •Discharged from hospital after successful treatment
By News Express on 17/08/2014

==>> http://www.newsexpressngr.com/news/detail.php?news=7059&title=Pictured:-First-Nigerian-to-defeat-Ebola-%E2%80%A2Discharged-from-hospital-after-successful-treatment

1 Like

Re: Good News!! Four More Ebola Patients Discharged – Health Minister by kayustones: 3:42pm On Aug 19, 2014
slimthugchimee: dude you are very dumb even the common aids Nigerians discriminate like hell, do you want to ruin the peoples life's do you know the kind of discrimination they will get from people. I hope you know many of them will choose not be shown in tv. yoga pls
im not into replying people like you who know nothing but to insult people but if you read my statement to the end you will know what im really talking about.
Re: Good News!! Four More Ebola Patients Discharged – Health Minister by Alexas58: 4:37pm On Aug 19, 2014
hmmmmm
Re: Good News!! Four More Ebola Patients Discharged – Health Minister by Ezyp(m): 4:56pm On Aug 19, 2014
russello:

Like seriously U expected their names published, knowing Nigerians and Africans in general with their discriminatory proclivity?

Btw, you didn't ask for names when you heard that eleven Nigerians were infected with EVD? You just BELIEVED! Because, you're a Believer as far as it has to do with evil report, right?

bros take easy....u are not getting my point clearly...the initial quote I quoted from a guy was stressing that why can't international news pick up this news immediately? ..and my point was that the news looks sketchy...when the American got treated their names/pictures were over all the internet..and the treatment used was known...but naija own be say so far anything from the media we go believe....
Re: Good News!! Four More Ebola Patients Discharged – Health Minister by ttmacoy: 5:04pm On Aug 19, 2014
Thank you Konquest,

The Nigerian government has been very effective in deflecting attention to their deficiencies and gullible Nigerians have swallowed it hook and sinker insulting America and ignoring the failure of the Nigerian government.

If Nigerians want anyone to vent their anger on, the Liberian government must be blamed as they knew his siter had died from Ebola and there was a chnce he was infected, but yet they allowed him to travel to Nigeria for a convention. Even though Sawyer was an American citizen, he was also a Libeian citizen working for the Liberian finnce ministry, so please tell me why America is to blame for the spread of Ebola? Even American's are thanking God Sawyer hadn't returned to America before he fell ill.

1 Like

Re: Good News!! Four More Ebola Patients Discharged – Health Minister by fineyemi(m): 5:06pm On Aug 19, 2014
richiefizzy: some Nigerians are just stupid... ur inability to think beyond what you can see is the main source of Nigeria's problem.

do you think Lagos state government can handle this issue without the aid of the federal government?.

the money recomended by government to tackle this ebola issue where do u think it is? u think they are saving it?

all the endeavors of the minister of health was done by the lagos state commissioner of health right?

what was babatunde fashola doing in aso rock before they snaped them using hand sterilizer? is not not to walk 2gether on how to eradicate ebola?

didn't you hear when goodluck jonathan decleared national emergency on ebola?

are you not in nigeria when gej invited all state governors for an emergency meeting as a result of ebola outbreak?

where u not in nigeria when fg invited all state health commissioners?

now u are saying all compliment should go 2 lagos state government. #rubbish!

i believe if boko haram is been tackled today, people like you would say FG did nothing. it's d state governments dat did it all. #nonsense

hit like if you are intelligible and understands my stand
u ar a fool. What else do u expect FG to do rather than to do all wat u aforementioned above. Am talkin abt d facilities, d instrumnt lagos state governmnt provided to de-stabilize d ebola virus. Y do u tink other state government ar referrin patient dat hav a slight symptom of ebola to lagos. I can't blame ur inability to comprehend little fact cos u must b a fan of GEJ.
Re: Good News!! Four More Ebola Patients Discharged – Health Minister by blank(f): 5:10pm On Aug 19, 2014
Eldavido1:

which US came out and say she never had it? you actually believe that sourceless news? When even the WHO health workers in nigeria working on the ebola patient confirmed it, you are still waiting for your lord in US to confirm it for you abi?

My bad. I actually meant WHO confirmed it was false positive.
Re: Good News!! Four More Ebola Patients Discharged – Health Minister by blank(f): 5:10pm On Aug 19, 2014
Eldavido1:

let me help you. Read the report carefully and try understand what the minister said:
www.thisdaylive.com/articles/fg-denies-conflicting-reports-on-discharged-ebola-patient/186604/

Definitely NOT the link i was looking for. This is a different story
Re: Good News!! Four More Ebola Patients Discharged – Health Minister by Paulsp(m): 5:14pm On Aug 19, 2014
hensben: why? because ebola doesnt care if you are rich or poor, it can be contacted by anybody including ogas at the top, ebola cant be protected by securities unlike boko haram, so, this is the reason they have taking drastic action so far concerning the virus....this is to tell you common man life mean nothing to this people.
i catch ur point dude==
Re: Good News!! Four More Ebola Patients Discharged – Health Minister by uzzyj(m): 5:25pm On Aug 19, 2014
I still believe that they can still be placed on check for a while for proper check up which maybe routinely.
Alexas58: Four more patients have been
certified clean and discharged
from the Ebola Isolation center in
Lagos after undergoing
treatment for the deadly disease.
The four patients include two male doctors, the nurse who had
earlier escaped from the isolation
center and ran to Enugu and a
female patient who was on
admission at the time Patrick
Sawyer was hospitalized at the First Consultant Hospital. The news of their discharge was
disclosed in a statement released
today by the Minister of Health,
Prof Onyebuchi Chukwu and
signed by his his Special Assistant on Media and Communication, Mr. Dan Nwomeh. Read parts of the
statement after the cut. “The Minister of Health Prof.
Onyebuchi Chukwu has
announced that four additional
confirmed cases of Ebola Virus
Disease who have been
managed successfully and are now disease free have been
discharged home today. They
include two male medical
doctors and one female nurse.
The three participated in the
treatment of the index case while the fourth person was a
female patient at the time the
index case was on
admission. This brings to five
the total number of patients
diagnosed with Ebola Virus Disease who have now been
discharged from hospital.” On Saturday August 16th, the
Health Minister announced that the first Nigerian to be diagnosed
of EVD, a female doctor, had been
discharged after she was treated
and certified cured. The Minister also stated that the
total number of cases of the Ebola
Virus Disease in Nigeria remained
at 12 while the number of deaths
from the disease was four and
that the number of people under surveillance in Lagos is 189 while
in Enugu is 6.
Re: Good News!! Four More Ebola Patients Discharged – Health Minister by nora544: 6:03pm On Aug 19, 2014
I hope that the goverment tells the truth that they have all the people who where in contact with this man are in isolation.

I just hear that in Germany a woman from Nigeria is in the hospital, she had contact to one ebola victim and they are looking if she has Ebola, they take her away from her workingplace where she got ill.

Two man who come back from Nigeria, are in an hopital in austria with high fever and they where tested on Ebola.

Just hear this in my country in the TV.
Re: Good News!! Four More Ebola Patients Discharged – Health Minister by cashierbofam: 8:13pm On Aug 19, 2014
Lord we thank you for your healin hands on these people, we appreciate you the mighty healer, continue to heals those remaining and us all in Nigeria,I know God loves Nigeria, forever Nigerian will appreciate you
Re: Good News!! Four More Ebola Patients Discharged – Health Minister by Alexas58: 3:17am On Aug 20, 2014
God loves nigeria
Re: Good News!! Four More Ebola Patients Discharged – Health Minister by femmefatale: 3:45am On Aug 22, 2014
I am not doubting the medial strength/efforts of these people in charge of Ebola isolation unit or sth, but come 2 think of it if Ebola Virus has bn declared incurable worldwide what have des health workers used 2 cure dis virus? Or did they also employ the use of Zmapp like others have bn? If truly these people were Ebola infected initially they should pls share to the world what traditional/medical treatment they employed. Otherwise, I believe these people discharged and declared Ebola free now may nt even have had it in the 1st place.

Let us not give other infected countries false hope, before we know it Ebola infected ppl may b sneaking in2 Nigeria 4 treatment dat neva rily existed. Pls let's save ourselves by coming out clean oooo. Don't take credit 4 what is nt and endanger the lives of others. Let us know the treatment employed in curing this people pls.
Re: Good News!! Four More Ebola Patients Discharged – Health Minister by Nobody: 7:51am On Aug 22, 2014
Re: Good News!! Four More Ebola Patients Discharged – Health Minister by phreakabit(m): 11:40am On Aug 22, 2014
So what's happening with these guys. . . We using their blood plasma to treat the others or what?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Youths In Adamawa Drink Human Urine To Get High - NDLEA / 499 New COVID-19 Cases, 173 Discharged And 5 Deaths On July 9 - (3725 Tested) / Couple Needs N4.7million From Philanthropists To Treat Their Son

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.