Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,893 members, 7,802,876 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 12:44 AM

Why Do Crappy Threads Make The Nairaland Front Page? - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Why Do Crappy Threads Make The Nairaland Front Page? (908 Views)

How To Get Your Posts To Nairaland's Front Page!!! / Nairaland Front Page / Why Don't Diary Threads Make Front Page? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do Crappy Threads Make The Nairaland Front Page? by AlJarzirah: 8:46am On Aug 19, 2014
I was wondering why some crappy, poorly written posts with terrible grammar and arrangement make it to the front page while well written, neat ones are ignored and left to rot. I've gone through a lot of sections in Nairaland recently and I discovered some informative threads there that weren't pushed to the front page maybe because the mods don't like them or because they have different opinions.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Crappy Threads Make The Nairaland Front Page? by Nobody: 8:51am On Aug 19, 2014
Here is your answer:

NAIRALAND HAS GONE TO THE PIGS

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Crappy Threads Make The Nairaland Front Page? by CircleOfWilis: 9:04am On Aug 19, 2014
Bcs the moderators are "crappy"

3 Likes

Re: Why Do Crappy Threads Make The Nairaland Front Page? by vicadex07(m): 10:32am On Aug 19, 2014
I thought I was the only one that noticed. Crappy, boring and sometimes tribalistic threads are so common on the frontpage these days.

E.G.

www.nairaland.com/1861831/plight-ipaja-citizens-lagos

www.nairaland.com/1862768/aesthetics-politics-oshodi-lagos

Those two threads are purely tribal bashing threads and I just wonder how they both made frontpage

4 Likes

Re: Why Do Crappy Threads Make The Nairaland Front Page? by Orunto: 10:43am On Aug 19, 2014
'COS NAIRALAND IS NOT ALJARZIRAH.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Crappy Threads Make The Nairaland Front Page? by Emmaesty(f): 10:50am On Aug 19, 2014
Nairaland is not a news site but a discussion Forum. Anything people are likely to discuss whether stupid, silly or amazing will be pushed to the front page. Some well written topics that have nothing to be discussed on will not make it to the front page but some poorly written Topics that have potential to become a great discussion will be moved to the front page.

4 Likes

Re: Why Do Crappy Threads Make The Nairaland Front Page? by suwailad(f): 12:21pm On Aug 19, 2014
The world is going down under so we expect nairaland to reflect that nature
Re: Why Do Crappy Threads Make The Nairaland Front Page? by AlJarzirah: 4:44pm On Aug 19, 2014
lakhadimar: Here is your answer:

NAIRALAND HAS GONE TO THE PIGS
Re: Why Do Crappy Threads Make The Nairaland Front Page? by iceberylin(m): 6:58am On Aug 28, 2014
[quote
author=Emmaesty]Nairaland is not a news site but a discussion Forum.
Anything people are likely to discuss whether stupid, silly or amazing
will be pushed to the front page. Some well written topics that have
nothing to be discussed on will not make it to the front page but some
poorly written Topics that have potential to become a great discussion
will be moved to the front page.[/quote]
watsup with u, you shared a marriage thread to me....abi u wan marry me cheesy
Re: Why Do Crappy Threads Make The Nairaland Front Page? by Emmaesty(f): 8:43am On Aug 28, 2014
iceberylin:
watsup with u, you shared a marriage thread to me....abi u wan marry me cheesy
Yes ohcheesy cheesycheesy
Re: Why Do Crappy Threads Make The Nairaland Front Page? by Rawani: 9:29am On Aug 28, 2014
If it walks like a duck...its a duck. Ask the mods.
Re: Why Do Crappy Threads Make The Nairaland Front Page? by SLIDEwaxie(m): 9:39am On Aug 28, 2014
Check the views..

How many times are we going to tell u that?
Re: Why Do Crappy Threads Make The Nairaland Front Page? by GovWahala: 9:40am On Aug 28, 2014
AlJarzirah: I was wondering why some crappy, poorly written posts with terrible grammar and arrangement make it to the front page while well written, neat ones are ignored and left to rot. I've gone through a lot of sections in Nairaland recently and I discovered some informative threads there that weren't pushed to the front page maybe because the mods don't like them or because they have different opinions.
If u don't like what u see on Nairalands front page, simply shut up, and go creste ur own site, where u can put up what u like.
Re: Why Do Crappy Threads Make The Nairaland Front Page? by iceberylin(m): 1:09pm On Aug 28, 2014
Emmaesty: Yes ohcheesy cheesycheesy
trow ur Hand come na,leme put my Diamond Ring..Before all this Guys weh dh like better thing snatch u grin
Re: Why Do Crappy Threads Make The Nairaland Front Page? by Emmaesty(f): 1:14pm On Aug 28, 2014
iceberylin:
trow ur Hand come na,leme put my Diamond Ring..Before all this Guys weh dh like better thing snatch u grin
lol
Re: Why Do Crappy Threads Make The Nairaland Front Page? by iceberylin(m): 1:20pm On Aug 28, 2014
Emmaesty: lol
how u see am na
Re: Why Do Crappy Threads Make The Nairaland Front Page? by Emmaesty(f): 2:17pm On Aug 28, 2014
iceberylin:
how u see am na
Let's talk on Whatsapp

(1) (Reply)

Amazing DATA Plan (4.5GB For 2.5k) From MTN / Bishop Tom Samson Speaks On 80m Limo...... / 14 Signs To Know That You Are M.A.D

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.