Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,460 members, 7,770,145 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 05:42 AM

Super Eagles Vs Tunisia, Mozambique, and Kenya - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Super Eagles Vs Tunisia, Mozambique, and Kenya (3867 Views)

Poll: Who's gonna top the group?

Mozambique: 1% (1 vote)
Kenya: 3% (2 votes)
Tunisia: 9% (6 votes)
Nigeria: 85% (52 votes)
This poll has ended

CHAN 2016: Nigeria Vs Tunisia (1 - 1) On 22nd January 2016 / Nigeria Vs Tunisia (4 - 2): Semi-Final U-17 AFCON On Wednesday 24 April 2013 / Nigeria Vs Tunisia : Basketball Olympics 2012: 60 - 56 On 29th July 2012 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Super Eagles Vs Tunisia, Mozambique, and Kenya by badboym: 1:29pm On Oct 22, 2008
Nigeria Faces Tunisia, Mozambique, and Kenya.
Do you see them qualifying? What are your comments?
Re: Super Eagles Vs Tunisia, Mozambique, and Kenya by vikiviko(m): 2:28pm On Oct 22, 2008
we will qualify.
Re: Super Eagles Vs Tunisia, Mozambique, and Kenya by dayokanu(m): 2:37pm On Oct 22, 2008
Too easy
Re: Super Eagles Vs Tunisia, Mozambique, and Kenya by nyabinghi(m): 5:14pm On Oct 22, 2008
the same way we qualified for germany 2006. beware of the tunisians.
Re: Super Eagles Vs Tunisia, Mozambique, and Kenya by Ibime(m): 5:27pm On Oct 22, 2008
It will come down to head to head against Tunisia
Re: Super Eagles Vs Tunisia, Mozambique, and Kenya by Nobody: 9:21pm On Oct 22, 2008
I learnt all of them came second in their groups. Nigeria should beware of Tunisia. The last 2 times Nigeria-Tunisia met, penalties settled the encounter, one in Naija's favour(2006) and the other in their favour(2004). So Nigerians write off Tunisia at their peril!!
Re: Super Eagles Vs Tunisia, Mozambique, and Kenya by A40(m): 10:12pm On Oct 22, 2008
ife-eco-06:

I learnt all of them came second in their groups. Nigeria should beware of Tunisia. The last 2 times Nigeria-Tunisia met, penalties settled the encounter, one in Naija's favour(2006) and the other in their favour(2004). So Nigerians write off Tunisia at their peril!!
Tunisia is not as strong as they used to be

Our qualifying route is almost an autobahn walahi if we don't qualify from this group we should switch our attention to other sports
Re: Super Eagles Vs Tunisia, Mozambique, and Kenya by honeric01(m): 10:33pm On Oct 22, 2008
If the super eagles of Nigeria Fails to qualify, i won't forgive them as i did when they failed to go to Germany 06, i will (with your regret) start supporting Cape Verde National team. walahi God Knows
Re: Super Eagles Vs Tunisia, Mozambique, and Kenya by tommyex(m): 10:54pm On Oct 22, 2008
Its the cheapest group of the lot, Let jus be serious,we may win all matches again
Re: Super Eagles Vs Tunisia, Mozambique, and Kenya by deor03(m): 11:17pm On Oct 22, 2008
Tunisia and Kenya, shocked yes Kenya could prove difficult
Re: Super Eagles Vs Tunisia, Mozambique, and Kenya by Olaolufred(m): 7:48am On Oct 23, 2008
What a great Draw.

All of the Countries in this group can successfully pull a super surprise.
As it was not believable that Eagles(super With-held) could loose to the then underdog(Angola).
So also, these Underdogs (Mozambique and Kenya) will surprise anyone who takes them for granted.

What's the good news?

Our new emerging team recognizes that being in the World Cup is a Plus to their Career, and none wants
to play with the chance.
No one can play big boys with our chances any longer.

Any player that is too big to play our Friendlies and qualifying matches is also too big to represent us in South Africa.

My Advice to Shuaibu is that "Nobody, not even Kanu should be given a seeded Jersey for this world cup.
Each must fight through the qualifying to get approved Jersey via selfless performance.

NIGERIA WILL QUALIFY WITH TENACITY OF PURPOSE, DISCIPLINE, DETERMINATION AND TEAM SPIRIT.

If these qualities are absent, then story may not be sweet to tell.
Re: Super Eagles Vs Tunisia, Mozambique, and Kenya by tkb417(m): 8:50am On Oct 23, 2008
If we cannot qualify from that group, then we should stop playing football again or we should kukuma focus on age group competitions.

Tunisia?
if we win all home games, beat Kenya for Nairobi, beat the other muppet away, lose 9-0 in Tunis, then we don qualify
Re: Super Eagles Vs Tunisia, Mozambique, and Kenya by Raimond(m): 9:31am On Oct 23, 2008
On paper,we should qualify,but we need to be careful!
Re: Super Eagles Vs Tunisia, Mozambique, and Kenya by Nobody: 9:36am On Oct 23, 2008
I can beat my chest that Eagles will beat Kenya and Mozambique home and away, even if it's 1-0, as they did to S/Leone and E/Guinea. But Tunisia?
Re: Super Eagles Vs Tunisia, Mozambique, and Kenya by Olaolufred(m): 10:15am On Oct 23, 2008
@ Ife-eco-o6

What if TUNISIA win 3 home matches, Win kenya and mozambique away?
Don,t they also have 15 points?

Remember, we had point lock up with Angola, they went ahead on away goal rule.

1. We must score many goals
2. We must be ready to win Tunisia away.
3. We must Score 2 goals in all our away matches, at worst (2: 1) win.
4. We must not concede goals anyhow.
5. If opprtunity comes to, score 10 goals in your home matches.

We must tighten up and be disciplined because you don't know whether one goal
ahead of your stiff contenders could do the magic at the end of the day.
Re: Super Eagles Vs Tunisia, Mozambique, and Kenya by tkb417(m): 10:31am On Oct 23, 2008
if we don't use Yobo, then we wont concede anyhow
Imagine, we didnt concede anything until Yobo singlehandedly scored in our own net!!!

The guy should be excused for one of the Under-20 boiz.
We can lose 2-1 in Tunis but I'm sure Tunisia will be beaten like 3-0 here
Re: Super Eagles Vs Tunisia, Mozambique, and Kenya by Nobody: 10:32am On Oct 23, 2008
Olaolufred:

@ Ife-eco-o6

What if TUNISIA win 3 home matches, Win kenya and mozambique away?
Don,t they also have 15 points?

Remember, we had point lock up with Angola, they went ahead on away goal rule.

1. We must score many goals
2. We must be ready to win Tunisia away.
3. We must Score 2 goals in all our away matches, at worst (2: 1) win.
4. We must not concede goals anyhow.
5. If opprtunity comes to, score 10 goals in your home matches.

We must tighten up and be disciplined because you don't know whether one goal
ahead of your stiff contenders could do the magic at the end of the day.

Good talk
Re: Super Eagles Vs Tunisia, Mozambique, and Kenya by Nobody: 10:39am On Oct 23, 2008
tkb417:

if we don't use Yobo, then we wont concede anyhow
But if we don't use Yobo, we may not score too. Remember he handed 6 points to Nigeria in the first round qualifiers. His lone goals against S/leone and E/Guinea(?) (away)respectively earned Nigeria maximum points in both encounters.

I'm not against Yobo being dropped though, just feel he deserves some respect too.
Re: Super Eagles Vs Tunisia, Mozambique, and Kenya by mukina2: 12:45pm On Oct 23, 2008
"@topic
no i don't see them coming tops  as group winners tongue tongue
they may be runners up . why didnt they  draw you in Malawi's group angry grin tongue tongue

There are no minnows in football tongue

Kenya defeated guinea tongue
Mozambique drew with CIV tongue
Tunisia canot be written off too.
Re: Super Eagles Vs Tunisia, Mozambique, and Kenya by SamMilla1(m): 12:50pm On Oct 23, 2008
the real challenge here is tunisia.
i believe we will win them home and away since the boys are still wary of what angola did last time/.
one thing i have known with nigerians is that when they want something badly, no one can stop them.

GO EAGLES!!
Re: Super Eagles Vs Tunisia, Mozambique, and Kenya by Phemour: 12:56pm On Oct 23, 2008
Nigeria must win the match Its not the Nigeria of Kanu, Martins, Yakubu Its now Uche, Ozaze so the game against Tunisia must be different

When is the match coming up?
Re: Super Eagles Vs Tunisia, Mozambique, and Kenya by randy(m): 1:11pm On Oct 23, 2008
after 90 minutes and the final whistle is peeee then we know for sure. the game globally is now TIGHT
Re: Super Eagles Vs Tunisia, Mozambique, and Kenya by tkb417(m): 1:25pm On Oct 23, 2008
@Ife-eco
Yobo has lost it!!
He should start playing table tennis

Mukina
wetin?
we go beat Gambia+Tunisia put 2geda
Re: Super Eagles Vs Tunisia, Mozambique, and Kenya by Taito007(m): 1:46pm On Oct 23, 2008
If Nigeria is determined like the nations cup qualifiers,we will qualify.That is gathering all points at stake,and even determined to beat Tunisia in their base.One thing i respected about Amodu was that he made use of all the available stars to play all the matches,meaning he took every game serious,if they can follow such route again and not decide at the last minute we need a foreign coach,we will surely qualify.Insha Allah.Siasia may however be added to the coaching crew,but if he proves stubborn,comot am.
Re: Super Eagles Vs Tunisia, Mozambique, and Kenya by anurioma: 2:30pm On Oct 23, 2008
this tunisians cannot do much even at their best
Re: Super Eagles Vs Tunisia, Mozambique, and Kenya by Ifeniyi22(m): 2:35pm On Oct 23, 2008
We need to take ALL our opponents seriously.there are definitely no more minnows in football.I'm sure that we remember what 'small' Angola did to us.Now Mozambique got a draw against CIV, Kenya beat guinea.However we have absolutely no room for pity should we fail to top this group.If we fail we should just stop wasting tax payers money on the super eagles
Re: Super Eagles Vs Tunisia, Mozambique, and Kenya by princekevo(m): 8:11pm On Oct 23, 2008
Well i believe Nigeria will qualify from this group if they maintain the dedication and seriousness from the last qualifying matches played.
Re: Super Eagles Vs Tunisia, Mozambique, and Kenya by djcrucifix(m): 10:05pm On Oct 23, 2008
apart from tunisia, i dont see any problems in that group.
Re: Super Eagles Vs Tunisia, Mozambique, and Kenya by toideve(m): 10:45pm On Oct 23, 2008
can nigeria really survive this group? i don't either tunisia or kenya as an easy nut to crack , but i wish naija all the way
Re: Super Eagles Vs Tunisia, Mozambique, and Kenya by md4real(m): 10:55pm On Oct 23, 2008
TUNISIANS ARE UOR OLNY RIVALS. BUT WITH THE 4-3-3 FORMATION PLAYED WITH FAST WINGERS. IT OUR GAME!
Re: Super Eagles Vs Tunisia, Mozambique, and Kenya by biolabee(m): 10:58pm On Oct 23, 2008
watch out for tunisia they have a way of being our bogeyman in recent times though they go and mess up in the mundial
i think 8 yrs without world cup action is unforgivable for us
we must try and go this time i pray o
Re: Super Eagles Vs Tunisia, Mozambique, and Kenya by kaaz(m): 8:42am On Oct 24, 2008
which date is it and timing

(1) (2) (Reply)

Messi Reign Is Over / If Neymar, Ronaldinho And Messi Were Girls (photo ) / NPFL: 3SC 2-1 Vs Warri Wolves Today (full time)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.